Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
TacticalMammoth

Re: Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruiting)

Post by TacticalMammoth »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am Quick question that I can't seem to recall an answer for:

What are the denizens of Emerald city refered to as? Emeraldians? Emeraldos? Emeraldites? Green Peeps?
Assuming Emerald City is based in America, it would likely utilize the suffix -ese due to Roman influence on American culture. Other possibilities would be -ish for Germanic influence, or -ite for Greek influence, all of which can be seen frequently across the united states. -ian Is also definitely viable, but it doesn't roll off the tongue well unless you pronounce it "Em-er-all-dee-in", at which point I think it works just fine.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Getting a bit slangy here, but Ozzies, Brickers, Emmys, Munchkins, The Liberal Witches of the West, Wonderfuls?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

TacticalMammoth wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm
Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am Quick question that I can't seem to recall an answer for:

What are the denizens of Emerald city refered to as? Emeraldians? Emeraldos? Emeraldites? Green Peeps?
Assuming Emerald City is based in America, it would likely utilize the suffix -ese due to Roman influence on American culture. Other possibilities would be -ish for Germanic influence, or -ite for Greek influence, all of which can be seen frequently across the united states. -ian Is also definitely viable, but it doesn't roll off the tongue well unless you pronounce it "Em-er-all-dee-in", at which point I think it works just fine.
Emeraldites sounds a little better to my irish ears,but just calling us Emeralds sounds cooler...
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 pm Getting a bit slangy here, but Ozzies, Brickers, Emmys, Munchkins, The Liberal Witches of the West, Wonderfuls?
Too Ozzy, asides maybe Emmy. No demographic in their right mind would willfully subject themselves to Munchkin as a generalized term referring to themselves. And Wonderful sounds like the demonym I'd use in a military run of Civ.
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Emeraldites sounds a little better to my irish ears,but just calling us Emeralds sounds cooler...
Emeralds does sound a bit cooler, albeit, if an Emerald Heist came up in the news, the 'Emerald City Emeralds of the Emeralds Stolen, by an Emerald?' Meme would ascend to Moon Moon status, I'm sure.

Which somehow doesn't pose itself as a reason against it...

All in favor of Emeralds, say aye! (Or not. Silence on the matter is also aye)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:31 am
Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 pm Getting a bit slangy here, but Ozzies, Brickers, Emmys, Munchkins, The Liberal Witches of the West, Wonderfuls?
Too Ozzy, asides maybe Emmy. No demographic in their right mind would willfully subject themselves to Munchkin as a generalized term referring to themselves. And Wonderful sounds like the demonym I'd use in a military run of Civ.
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Emeralds does sound a bit cooler, albeit, if an Emerald Heist came up in the news, the 'Emerald City Emeralds of the Emeralds Stolen, by an Emerald?' Meme would ascend to Moon Moon status, I'm sure.

Which somehow doesn't pose itself as a reason against it...

All in favor of Emeralds, say aye! (Or not. Silence on the matter is also aye)
Aye Aye ! :D :D :lol: :lol:
Edit:Also added more info for Archie...
TacticalMammoth

Post by TacticalMammoth »

Not a fan of Emeralds, personally. Naming an entire group of people after a precious gem seems a bit silly to me, and not even in the way that would serve the theme of the game. At the same time, if you like it? Then shit bro, go with it.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sneakin' this in under the wire :

Reba Selene/R'eva the Failure
PL10/ 150 pp
Abilities : STR 7 STA 8 AGL 6 DEX 2 FGT 8 INT 1 AWE 2 PRE 3 [ 74 pp]
Advantages : Agile Feint, Power Atk, Set Up, Teamwork, Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind, Improved Trip, Precise Atk [Close, Concealment], Language 1 (Infernal native; English), Artificer, Skill Mastery 1 (Athletics) [ 11 pp]

Skills [ 19 pp] : Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 4 (+11*), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Expertise (Jeweler) 4 (+5), Treatment 4 (+5), Close Combat 2 [Pitchfork] (+10), Expertise (Magic) 4 (+5), Investigation 5 (+6)

Infernal Powers [ 30 pp] :
Immunity 4 (Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold ) [ 4 pp]
Senses 3 (Low Light Vision, Detect Magic (Acute)) [3 pp]
Emergency Recovery : Healing 4 (Self -1, Fades -1); Move Activation [ 1 pp]
Horns : Penetrating 2 on unarmed damage; Activation : move -1 [ 1 pp]

Disguise Cameo (Removable, -0) Morph 1 (Human guise; Increased Action : Std -2, Continuous +1); Quirk - must be taken off at least 6 hrs/day. [ 3 pp]

Pitchfork of the Nether Realms : (Easily Removable - 8, for 13 pp) :
Ridiculous Vaulting : Leap 6, Check Req'd 5 [Acrobatics] [ 1 pp] Distance 4 = 500 ft best.
STR-based Damage 3, Reach, Reversible; linked to : Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resist with Fort; Vulnerable, Defenseless; Limited Degree -1), Reach, Reversible [ 17 pp base]
  • AP : Deflect 12, Diminished Range 2 (short range 60', med 120', long 300')
    AP : STR-based Damage 3, Reach, Aft Insub 2; Alt Save : Will on Damage 10, Reversible
    AP : STR-based Damage 3, Reach, Incurable, Concentration +1 on Damage 10; Reversible
Hellcycle gloves : Speed 6, Movement 2 (Wall Crawl, Water Walk - limit : Moving); Activation : Std action -2, Removable -1 [ 5 pp]

Defenses : Dodge +4 Parry +4 Fort +2 Tou +0 Will +6 [ 16 pp]
(Final : Dodge 10, Parry 12, Fort 10, Tou 8, Will 8)
Offenses :
Initiative : +6
Unarmed : +8 to hit, DC22 damage
Pitchfork : +10 to hit, DC25 damage (vs TOU or Will), Affliction DC20 (Fort or Will)
Ranged : +2 to hit
Abilities 74 + Powers 30 + Advantages 11 + Skills 19 + Defenses 16 = 150 pp
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appearance (true form) : young red-skinned humanoid, short white hair, gold eyes, small shark-like teeth, long rat-like tail (merely ornamental), hooves, small horns (NOT ornamental).

Background :

Centuries ago, down in the darkest depths of Heck, the Dark Forces realized that leaving powerful artifacts and cursed books of magical spells lying around on Earth where any fool could find them was actually not a good idea.

True, it led to much chaos and suffering and mayhem when the fools that found the items used them for their own selfish ends.

Unfortunately, when the wielders were ultimately defeated and their souls collected, the forces of Darkness gained - an army of incompetent fools.

Seeking to improve the quality of their new recruits, they decided to send someone Top Side to collect those stray items. That way, only people who PROVED their competence at being evil could gain access to such power.

They could have sent someone powerful, skilled, and terrible in power.

But he was busy. So they decided to send someone more disposable instead.

R'eva the Failure. A name she despised with every fiber of her being ! The last mission she was on failed so badly (due ENTIRELY to the team's "leader" being more concerned with showing off just how wonderful he was than actually GETTING THE JOB DONE !) that she was stripped of nearly all of her supernatural powers AND her original True Name as punishment.

The mission her superiors had in mind for her was very simple - given that mortals are so weak and simpleminded, even SHE should have little trouble completing her assigned task.

She also knew that for this sort of mission, they would either send someone they knew wouldn't fail, or they'd send someone they had no further use for. She knew which category she was in.
And so, to poke them in the eye (figuratively speaking), she decided to do her best anyway.

And, the moment an imbecile mispronounced a word in a summoning ritual (in a book he found under the cushions of a sofa he bought at a yard sale), she was sent to the mortal realm (thanks to a loophole in the various summoning contracts and bargains, if the summoning spell is botched, a small gate is opened and literally ANYONE can show up.)

Her summoner tried to control her. And failed.
He tried to send her back. And failed once again.

So she slapped him upside the head a few times for being an incompetent twit.

Then insulted and belittled his entire lineage, then warned him to either give up evil ( or at least put some effort into doing it right ), and then confiscated all his magic stuff and left.

She figured that as long as she did her job, she had an excuse, and the forces of Darkness would not bother her even if they cared to notice what she was doing at all.

And, as long as she did her job, the forces of Light would not bother her either (since she was removing dangerous, evil items from circulation). Sweet deal ! No one was going to run her off, so she could stay up here as long as needed !

True, she couldn't cast spells anymore, nor would rituals work (anyone she summoned would either not show up, or just laugh hysterically at her before going home), but could still trap mystical energies inside of objects. And she had enough skill crafting stones and gems that the local mortals were willing to buy them.

Eventually, another problem showed up - sometimes those incompetents would summon an eldritch abomination just to eat their neighbor's irritating poodle. Not only was this an INSULT to art of magic, but also the abomination rarely stopped with just that poodle. So she felt she'd best return them to their native dimension before they drew too much attention.

Fortunately, she managed to liberate an actual Pitchfork of the Nether Realms from a pompous twit (who didn't even know to use it properly !), to add to her collection of other items she'd either made or liberated. Not much can withstand the powers of a true Pitchfork !

Unlike most people, she was smart enough to know she couldn't do everything herself, and would need local help.

Motivation : Acceptance (must belong SOMEWHERE !)
Complications :
Honorable : rarely gives her word, but will not break it.
Secret : Reba isn't human.
Temper (inferiority complex) : does not appreciate being shoved aside or talked down to. Using her current True Name(tm) is guaranteed to set her off.
Intolerance : incompetent twits.
Responsibility : Infernal Pacts. Removing her powers did not change her nature - as a supernatural being, she is still just as vulnerable to wards and binding as other demons.
Note : cannot be controlled by using her original True Name, but can be by use of her much despised new one.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I like her! She comes across as a cross between Mary Tyler Moor and Elizabeth Hurley from Bedazzled.I'd love to read her reaction to Archie's Wierd Science-ness...:D
Speaking of the resident Mad Scientist,i got completely done writing him...Please let me know what you think everybody! :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Just because i like doing this,here's a selection of song's that could possibly fit this crew.If you come up with anything better,i'll change it...Enjoy! :D

GROUP SONG: Haunted Rave by Gary and the Ghouls
SCYLLA: Photograhic Memories by Steam Powered Giraffe
DOCTOR OCTOBER: Death,Death (Devil,Devil,Evil,Evil Song) by Aurelio Voltaire
ADAM II: Youth by Daughter
GOO: Ocean Man by Ween
DR.ARCHIMEDES IMPERIOUS: Mad Scientist by Large Professor
CALADENIA: Run On by Blues Saraceno
BOOGEYMAN: Sweet Dreams(are made of this) by Eurythmics
REBA SELENE: Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I vote “Emeraldite” on resident name.

I only recognize one of those songs.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Toast Burglar

Re: Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruitment Closed)

Post by Toast Burglar »

Alright! I shall be closing down recruitment, no further applications will be being accepted. I'll be perusing these options thoroughly in search of my ideal gaggle of ghoulish guys/gals/what-have-you with which to play out this sequence of scenarios.

I'll likely have chosen by sometime tomorrow, perhaps the following day.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 pm I vote “Emeraldite” on resident name.

I only recognize one of those songs.
Amazing what you can find on Spotify if your into movie soundtracks...:)

"Emeraldite" sounds easier,but it also sounds to me like your hunting for something in a mine....
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

TacticalMammoth wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 am C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRRRR

(Not a wall)
If Boogie's the combo breaker,then what's Archie?
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

(Not a wall)
Still toughness-shifted? XD
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Toast Burglar wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:19 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

(Not a wall)
Still toughness-shifted? XD
How so?I only have a forcefie....No wait.