Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B

Re: Monster Mash-Up (Interest Check)

Post by Nunya B »

Supernaturalist wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm I'm not trying to bug you, but I did have another question regarding Weaken. Could you pick an alternate resistance other then Fortitude or Will? If so, I'm assuming you'd have to have GM approval. For example if you had a really corrosive substance that doesn't affect the "interior" constitution of some one, but simply the very outer layer, could you be justified in making them resist with Toughness?
You'd have to have GM approval, but Toughness resisted Weaken Toughness is a thing I've used for my characters before.
pathfinderq1

Re: Monster Mash-Up (Recruiting)

Post by pathfinderq1 »

In general, If you have a regular FORT-resisted Weaken Toughness that affects objects, you're basically there anyway, since the Absent stamina object would usually resist with Toughness anyway.

In other news, I have an urban werewolf (who is ABSOLUTELY NOT a mangy mutt, despite what you may have heard) floating around somewhere. She's built at PL 7/ 140 PP so I will have to find the sheet, and then tinker. Will report back.
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toast Burglar

Re: Monster Mash-Up (Recruiting)

Post by Toast Burglar »

I've added in the submission stockpile to the introductory post.
Nunya B wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:23 pm
Supernaturalist wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm I'm not trying to bug you, but I did have another question regarding Weaken. Could you pick an alternate resistance other then Fortitude or Will? If so, I'm assuming you'd have to have GM approval. For example if you had a really corrosive substance that doesn't affect the "interior" constitution of some one, but simply the very outer layer, could you be justified in making them resist with Toughness?
You'd have to have GM approval, but Toughness resisted Weaken Toughness is a thing I've used for my characters before.
Toughness Resisted Weaken Toughness is an acceptable thing for now. It'd be probationary though, in case it gets disbalancing. Provided the character is in the final selection.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:06 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:16 pm Hey,Toast,that looks like 6 are still intrested(Counting me :) ).I feel sorry that Ghost withdrew,but i think we all can understand...
Toast. Please feel free to choose submissions based on appropriateness for the story you want to tell and the challenges you want to present. I know how tempting it is to take everyone who applies because they made awesome characters. I caution against this, even if my own submission gets cut out. I’d rather you have a better story for the players selected.
As it stands I think four characters would be plenty for this campaign, potentially adding one or two more later into it if I feel my skills are up to the task of GMing such.

Furthermore, I'm likely going to extend the application period until next monday. Perhaps I'll cut it off sooner if no new interest crops up, but that will with certainty mark the cut-off point.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:10 am How about this idea Blade:A female Gorgon that has a New Jersey accent and keeps temporarily freezing her Dates to the Clubs she's always going to.Privately,she's very lonely due to her "Family Bloodline' and just wants friends who'll stick around.She decided to be a Hero(inspite of the nature of her abilities being rather dark)mostly for the thrill of doing something she felt was Worthwile....
That`s a good idea. Must ponder. (and quickly judging by the interest here !)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MacynSnow

Re: Monster Mash-Up (MM3e Recruiting)

Post by MacynSnow »

Added more history to archie...
TacticalMammoth

Post by TacticalMammoth »

Name: Boggart E. Mann (Bogeyman)
Alias: Bogeyman
Age: Pretty much exactly as old as the stories themselves. So old.

Abilities - 10 Points
STR 0
STA 5
AGI 0
DEX 0
FGT 0
INT 0
AWE 0
PRE 0

Powers - 85 Points
What Are You Scared Of?: Burst Area Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 10, Subtle 2, Permanent, Limited to Fears, Close - 12 Points.

Darkvision: Senses 2 (Darkvision)

Fear Itself (50-Point Array + 4 AEs) - 54 Points
Nightmares Brought to Life: Independent Illusions 10, Limited to scary things/fears - 50 Points
AE) The Worst Thing You Can Imagine: Variable 10 for embodying people's worst fears, Limit: Must be based on the fears of someone whose mind has been read by bogeyman within the same scene (-2/rank) - 1 Point
AE) Too Real: Perception Ranged Damage 8, Variable descriptor (Scary Things/Fears), Indirect 4, Resisted by Will; Linked to Perception Ranged Weaken Will 6, Resisted by will, subtle 2, insidious - 1 Point
AE) Gripped by Fear: Close Affliction 10, Progressive, Resisted and overcome by Will, Variable Descriptor (Any fear/scary situation), Extra Condition, Contagious, Psychic, Limited to 2 degrees. (Entranced + Vulnerable, Compelled + Defenseless), Quirk (Glowing red handprint on throat of afflicted) - 1 Point
AE) Formed From Darkness: Regeneration 10 (Limit: When in complete darkness); Teleport 10, Medium (Shadows), Direction Change, Accurate, Extended, Easy, Turnabout, Increased Mass 3 - 1 Point

Aberration: Immunity 3 (Critical hits, Aging)

No True Form: Fast Variable 2 (Limited to physical alterations of Bogeyman's body) - 14 Points

Skills - 6 Points
Close Combat (Unarmed): 7 (+7)
Expertise (Horror): 5 (+5)

Advantages - 4 Points
Fearless
Move-By Action
Favored Environment (Dark)
Uncanny Dodge

Defenses - 45 Points
Dodge: 15
Parry: 15
Tough: 5
Fort: 5
Will: 15

Offenses
Init: +0

Total
Abilities - 10
Powers - 85
Skills - 6
Advantages - 4
Defenses - 45
Total: 150

Complications
Misunderstood: The bogeyman has a complicated morality, and will often scare people just for the fun of it. People often take these jabs much more personally than it means them. Also, the bogeyman can't tell the difference between screaming and laughter, and gets the concepts of fear and joy confused due to its odd psychology.

Odd Psychology: The bogeyman is fearless, but it's a little more deep than that. Actually, the bogeyman is extremely attracted to and fond of almost everything that normal people find scary, leading to some awkward social interactions with the rest of the team, and society for that matter.

Motivation: Doing good. Bogeyman's pretty sick of being seen as an outright evil entity; it only ever wanted to have fun, but when it started punishing bad children to 'scare them straight', people saw it as a menace instead of the trickster that it actually is at heart. Now it intends to punish truly bad people, to show that its heart is in the right place, even if it is a bit scary.

Weakness: Light-based powers are especially effective against the bogeyman, as it is, in essence, a creature formed of darkness.

Basic Story Outline:
Bogeyman was born a very very long time ago, out of the darkness lurking in humankind's collective imagination. Pretty much as soon as it came into existence, stories began to be told about how the bogeyman was evil, sometimes even likening it to Satan himself. Ironically, the bogeyman was never actually evil, and its idea of fun was never really harmful to anyone (except maybe some mental trauma). Unfortunately, that didn't really help much, and the bogeyman was subsequently driven out of town after town over the past couple millennia. This never really bothered it, it actually liked being alone sometimes, but it also loved to play with people and try to prove that it really wasn't so bad at all, so inevitably bogeyman would wind up working his way into new towns again and again.

Over time, the bogeyman began to grow more and more attached to the idea of having friends, and maybe not being completely hated everywhere they went. Because of this, the bogeyman has begun to make an effort to not screw with people as often, instead using its powers to blend into the crowd and go to various social events. Unfortunately, it's hard for the bogeyman to resist a chance to get a good fright out of someone, so even these attempts never got it that far socially.

Now, the bogeyman has taken on the attitude that it will just be itself, no matter what anyone says about it. At the same time, it aims to do as much good as possible, to perhaps balance out the negative influence it has with positive so that people don't just assume the worst out of it.
Last edited by TacticalMammoth on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
TacticalMammoth

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRRRR

(Not a wall)
TacticalMammoth

Appearance for "Bogeyman":

Credit goes to NoFlutter on imgur, I believe.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Quick question that I can't seem to recall an answer for:

What are the denizens of Emerald city refered to as? Emeraldians? Emeraldos? Emeraldites? Green Peeps?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Emerald Residents or Emerald City Residents
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Toast Burglar wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:40 am Quick question that I can't seem to recall an answer for:

What are the denizens of Emerald city refered to as? Emeraldians? Emeraldos? Emeraldites? Green Peeps?
Little green men.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Nunya B wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 pm
Little green men.
Hahaha!
Bladewind wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm Emerald Residents or Emerald City Residents
How dull. Understandable though. Nothing really rolls off the tongue in that regard.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Agreed. I actually went through my copy to try and find any other term.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm Agreed. I actually went through my copy to try and find any other term.
What do they call them in the Wizard Of Oz movie? I know the city's had a love/hate relationship with it for years now,but i DO know they've used a couple of terms&places from it....
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Nope. The People of Emerald City, Citizens of Oz, .