Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
endwaar

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

Post by endwaar »

There has been a significant amount of shouting, but I'd require Perception rolls to determine whether or not the shouting was coming from the three in the truck. They haven't been shooting out of it, but they might just have good discipline as no one's flown over the overturned truck.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I figure punching a minimally armored normal with superhuman strength is probably just not going to give the best image to any onlookers xD

Also, Vee IS wearing her protective costume, just under her clothes, you know, like your classic Superman. ;) It has the Subtle extra, so all's good
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Most onlookers ran away, but Vee's restraint is to be praised.

... Now I just need to go look for the grappling rules. o_o

That's fine by me. I mean, aspiring to be like Superman in this game is kind of like saying "I wanna be a totalitarian dictator who keeps others in line with fear," but classic Superman is still revered by some (more on the Cults of Superman later, though).

It should be noted, though, that the Regime soldiers aren't minimally armored - they're fairly well armored, and they may not be normals. Given that Superman mass manufactured metahumans with Kryptonian nanotech - this is why they shrugged off the bell and the blow from Grace - they're a bit enhanced.

I'll get a reply up for Victoria and Janet after McGuffin gets one together, I think.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Grab rules are easy. Also, I included all you need to know in the post :P

If Vee hits, the regime soldier makes a DC24 (10+Vee's STR) check with higher of strength or dodge.
Fail by 1-4 they are Restrained (Immobile and vulnerable)
Fail by 5+ they are Bound (Defenseless, Immobile and Impaired)

Regardless of how bad she fails, if she is successfully grabbed, Vee is Hindered and Vulnerable for the duration of the grapple

Maintaining the grapple is a free action with no check unless I want to try and improve the hold. It's a move action for them to try and escape (same DC). I can drop the grab as a free action as well.

While grappling, i can't do other stuff that doesn't involve grappling, can apply strength damage to them, and based on the descriptors of my powers, I should be able to apply them as an alternative.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Aha! Thanks. I wrote that kind of early in the morning, and wasn't reading clearly. xD
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Just a general FYI- I will be traveling from 6/23 to 6/30. I should have access, but my actual schedule will be wildly unpredictable.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Interestingly enough, Power Rings CAN be sarcastic!

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/859048531352530944

EDIT: I hope it's OK to post my action, since we seem to be kind of loose with turn order right now.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

33 - 28 = 5. GL actually got 2 degrees of failure there, so she's also dazed. Doesn't break her flight at least, but only gets a standard action.
Bill from Accounting

I'm pretty sure it's only one degree of failure. If the check result is at least equal to the DC minus 5, it's one degree of failure, so I juuuust missed the second degree.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:16 am I'm pretty sure it's only one degree of failure. If the check result is at least equal to the DC minus 5, it's one degree of failure, so I juuuust missed the second degree.
My mistake! xD
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

See, Blast Master's reasonably confident that he won't get hurt by the fall - this might be a bit misguided, but that's his reasoning.
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

Well hopefully his confidence isn't too misplaced, or else this will be a pretty rough start for GL. >_>
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

He's probably not gonna die.

Outright.

EDIT: I also updated a few things in the OP for facts about the setting. Er... I thought I did, but...

EDIT EDIT: There. Now I have.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Where are we on initiative?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

GL posted a bit early, but it's Grace and Inquisitor's turn.
Awaken