I wrote: The Regime has fallen - permanently. Between the Insurgency's successful overthrow a year ago, and the Brainiac Invasion shortly thereafter which resulted in their primary proponents being imprisoned - and mostly depowered. Superman himself was sent to the Phantom Zone after a magical ritual and golden kryptonite stripped him of his powers completely, while Wonder Woman was likewise exiled, but into Tartarus, where her powers avail her naught.
The New Justice League, with Batman at its head, is slowly rebuilding itself, while the people of the world strive to determine the shape the world shall take in the future. Bruce and Selina Wayne's wedding was seen as a sign of hope and rebirth in these dark days, and while many factions dispute over what the next steps ought to be, no one questions that the New Justice League will prove instrumental in ensuring that the people have the right to make that choice, free of fear of the Regime and other superhuman-backed societies like it.
Into this, young heroes must stride, discovering themselves even as they perform their heroic duties.
Timeline of Recent Events
- Year One
- Joker tricks Superman into killing Lois Lane and his unborn child, and the rest of Metropolis dies with them.
- Superman kills Joker, taking the first steps on his path to becoming a tyrant.
- Superman removes dozens of prisoners from Arkham, placing them in a “secure place” and killing a few of them. Damien Wayne kills (accidentally) Nightwing, when he throws his staff at the back of his neck.
- The Titans – Superboy, Wonder Girl, Starfire, and Red Robin – are exiled into the Phantom Zone when Superboy lashes out at Superman and Superman breaks his ribs, piercing his heart. There they remain for the duration of the upcoming war.
- Apokolips invades, and Superman kills Darkseid’s son.
- Batman founds what will eventually become the Insurgency, and Superman declares him a criminal.
- Batman, Black Canary, Catwoman, and Green Arrow all arrive at the Fortress of Solitude. Superman thinks that the team out to steal the green pill is actually there to hurt his parents, and beats Ollie to death with his bare hands when he accidentally hurts Pa Kent.
- Superman pulls a Bane and breaks Batman’s back, after publicly revealing his identity.
- Wonder Woman is cast into a coma by the death of Captain Atomic, as he tries to kill Superman.
- Sinestro kills Kyle Rayner, destroying his ring, before going down to Earth, where he “surrenders” to Superman.
- The Green Lanterns and the Guardians decide that Superman has become a threat, and order his arrest.
- John Stewart and Hal Jordan refuse to be held on Oa whilst Superman is being imprisoned, and fly back to Earth.
- John is killed by Sinestro, who blames Guy Gardener, driving Hal Jordan into a rage that causes him to kill Gardener, and taints him.
- Sinestro blackmails Hal into accepting a yellow ring when Hal loses his green ring whilst flying and holding Carol Ferris due to Ganthet’s revocation of his title at the worst time, and the two eventually convince Superman to accept a yellow ring himself.
- Flash, Damien Wayne, Cyborg, and Raven are all captured.
- John Constantine, whose daughter’s mother died due to the war with the Green Lanterns, escapes to Doctor Fate’s Tower alongside her.
- He gathers Detective Chimp and bargains with demons – revealing to him and Batman that he’s holding Raven.
- The Spectre aligns itself with Superman, despite his tyrannical ways.
- The Deadman dies when the Spectre destroys him. His patroness allows him to nominate his successor, and he nominates Dick Greyson, who accepts the title without hesitation.
- Superman is cast into a deep coma-like sleep, even as Wonder Woman awakens from hers.
- Superman gives up the yellow ring to Diana, awakened by Ares’ magic, and Wonder Woman crushes it.
- Superman comes to rescue the imprisoned Regime allies, only to be faced by Trigon.
- Mr. Mxyzptlk reveals that he was masquerading as the Spectre the entire time, protecting his investment in annoying Superman, and the battle spirals out of control.
- Huntress dies as Wonder Woman breaks her neck with the lasso of truth.
- The Greek Gods decide, on Ares’ manipulations, to war with Superman.
- In a contest of champions intended to be to the death, Wonder Woman is forced to fight Superman as Zeus himself watches on. She breaks Superman's arm, and is nearer to victory than any before her before Sinestro blasts her, destroying the sanctity of the trial by combat.
- The results are rather predictable, and Superman (somehow) wins his war with the gods.
- Nightwing, now the new Deadman, for some inscrutable reason known only to him, gives Damien (the little brat) his Nightwing outfit.
- Batman and Lex Luthor work together to prepare to create a way to summon the Justice League of an uncorrupted Earth, and Batwoman dies to help do just that.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us takes place - Gotham City is destroyed, the Metropolis that was rebuilt is destroyed.
- The Regime has fallen, but Jason Todd takes the mantle of Batman, and creates his own Suicide Squad in service to Ra’s al Ghul’s ecoterrorist organization, one that gradually morphs into Grodd’s Society.
- Kara Zor-El arrives on Earth, and is quickly taken into Khandaq, where Wonder Woman (once freed by renegade Amazons), Black Adam, and Damien Wayne (the brat) indoctrinate her with their point of view.
- Tim Drake dies when Dru-Zod escapes the Phantom Zone alongside the Titans and kills him, only to be executed himself by the AMAZO android that Ra’s and the others.
- The AMAZO android destroys Dhubai very nearly, with only a combined effort of the victorious Insurgents, the returned Titans, and the defeated Regime Remnants, culminating in Supergirl destroying it on the Moon.
- Injustice 2 takes place, and Batman wins his battle with Superman.
- Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are married, though not without its unique crashers – Athanasia al Ghul, Damien Wayne, and other supervillains attempt to crash the party, but fail.
- The reconstruction of Gotham, Coast City, and Metropolis are getting back up on their feet.
- Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice begins.
- Batman - Publicly known to be Bruce Wayne, Batman is one of the leaders of the New League.
- Catwoman - Though only a nominal member, Selina Wayne is a part of the Justice League nowadays. Who'd've thunk?
- Harleen Quinzel - When she's not running her own gang of vigilantes (Harleen's Horde) in New Gotham, Harleen serves as Batman's second fairly often.
- Supergirl - As Superman's cousin, Kara Zor-El works to redeem her family's symbol in the eyes of the Earth.
- Black Canary
- Green Arrow - From another dimension where he lost his own Dinah, Oliver Queen remains in the New Justice League, and is a part of the circle of wealthy rebuilders of the world.
- Green Lantern - Though still unpopular on Earth, Green Lantern has redeemed himself in the eyes of the Guardians (somehow), and once again Hal Jordan serves as the Green Lantern of the sector.
- Zatanna - The New League's prime magician, Zatanna works to keep many of the prisoners locked in the late Dr. Fate's tower. She helped to depower Superman earlier this year.
- The Ghost - As part of his ongoing efforts to redeem himself, Barry Allen has adopted the name of Ghost, until such a time as he feels worthy of being the Flash once more.
- Steel - In the wake of her uncle's death, Natasha Irons took on the role of Steel, and remains as a member of the New Justice League.
The Titans current primary mission is hunting down Damien Wayne to bring him (brutally) to justice for his crimes during the Regime's reign, as well as for the manslaughter of Dick Greyson. Starfire in particular is absolutely burning with rage about the whole matter.
- Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
- Miss Martian
- Blue Beetle
- The Atom (Ryan Choi)
- Orphan (Cassandra Cain)
- Inquisitor by Epic Eclipse
- Green Lantern by Bill from Accounting
- Prestige by McGuffin
- Grace by pathfinderq1
Conversation starter: Headquarters where and when?