Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
endwaar

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

Post by endwaar »

Yeah, I'm going to want to figure out a more clear way to express initiative, and hope that it works next time.

So far, the only rerolls have been on your guys' end. I'm not sure if Blast Master and his cronies got lucky or unlucky, in that respect. Probably more towards the latter than the former.

At the moment, it's back to the people at Initiative 6 - GL, Grace, and Inquisitor, as the last soldier has basically been rendered harmless.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

On the Initiative end I think we happened to have a fair few Readied actions that lead to a more changing Initiative order, that might have played a part.

As for rolls, they are what they are, aside from rerolls nudging them in one direction or another. For instance I was playing Heroclix today and poor Arsenal kept crit missing his opening salvo game after game no matter what. Sometimes it's just not meant to be :D
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

It's true, sometimes dice fall as they must.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

One thing that could help track initiative is to have it listed in the first post and updated when it changes with notation of where we are. It is a little extra work on your part, but you can update it when you respond to an action / do NPC actions and then it's somewhere easy for us to to find, rather than having to remember which page it's on and trying to dig through posts to find it.

Not so bad in this first fight since the OOC thread isn't that long yet, though the initiative list is still a ways back.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I like your idea Epic.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

McGuffin wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:34 am I like your idea Epic.
Wish I could say it was an Epic Original, :P It's just an idea i've seen before.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:33 am
McGuffin wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:34 am I like your idea Epic.
Wish I could say it was an Epic Original, :P It's just an idea i've seen before.
Hey, if it works, use it. ;)
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Good thought. I shall definitely do that!
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:04 am @Bill: I just noticed, or it's new, but I love the picture. JL8 Bruce smiling. Amazing xD
Haha, thanks. I came across a user with it while going through the old forums and was like, "Oh that's nice, that's mine now."

As for initiative, yeah, we have been kind of playing it a bit loose, and I'll admit to being part of that. Sorry for any confusion it may have caused. I see a lot of GMs split the action into blocks, where people post in the order of PCs > NPCs > PCs > NPCs and so on. So since it's really just 4v1 right now, are we safe to all post our actions, then wait for Blast Master's, then we can all post again?
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:36 amI see a lot of GMs split the action into blocks, where people post in the order of PCs > NPCs > PCs > NPCs and so on. So since it's really just 4v1 right now, are we safe to all post our actions, then wait for Blast Master's, then we can all post again?
I don't mind that option in situations like this where there isn't much going on making timing and sequencing critical. The only thing with that is players keeping themselves in check not to accidentally act twice in a round.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Yeah, at the moment a PCs>NPCS>PCs makes sense, given that it is basically a 4v1 (well, 5v1 if the police woman counts) at the moment.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jeeeeze, did this guy import vibranium from Marvel or something? lol.

I mean, he didn't exactly shrug off the hit or anything, taking 2 degrees of fail on the psychic onslaught (which was already established his suit has some mental defenses, so we're not shocked there), but to hold off that crit at 3 degrees of failure on a DC34.... damn. Well, from here on, he's at a further -5 to all his rolls on top of that -4 to resist damage, he can't possibly last much longer.

EDIT: Just wanna add this has been a really good fight in my opinion. It's let all of us kind of showcase our characters' styles and strengths, and the main villain didn't fold like a bad hand. And there may yet be some aftermath once we take down this stubborn guy in his power armor.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Yeah, the dude's a tank. That's about all he's good at, mind, but he will keep fighting for days. xD
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:39 pm Yeah, the dude's a tank. That's about all he's good at, mind, but he will keep fighting for days. xD
Not after meeting these teenagers with attitude. ;)
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Yeah, he'd have gotten away with it, too, if not for those meddling teens.
Awaken