Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just holding off to get Bill a chance to chime in one going through the portal.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Sounds good to me.

The prologue is wrapping up, so you'll be into the first arc soon enough!
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

*shovels a little coal into the engine as we seem to have lost some steam*

How's everyone doing? I've been pondering on a plot hook I ran by endwaar to adjust Bee and balance the party a little (and get us a story arc out of it! Or at least a subplot)
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 pmI've been pondering on a plot hook I ran by endwaar to adjust Bee and balance the party a little (and get us a story arc out of it! Or at least a subplot)
Sounds interesting, I'm curious to hear more.

Just a little off with finishing a project just now and some life situation adjustments throwing my train of thought off, I'm still here though.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

McGuffin wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:13 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 pmI've been pondering on a plot hook I ran by endwaar to adjust Bee and balance the party a little (and get us a story arc out of it! Or at least a subplot)
Sounds interesting, I'm curious to hear more.

Just a little off with finishing a project just now and some life situation adjustments throwing my train of thought off, I'm still here though.
Well, the team as it is, despite being only four of us, are veeeeery damage centric. We can dish out a lot of damage very quickly. Vee is the worse offender with her linked afflictions. I was pondering on ideas how to adjust so she wasn't so powerful and the answer is really very simple, take out her 5u9er drug.

Now, that is part of her 59y medication regimen to keep her psychic powers in check, so taking it away leads to complications with that which is where the plot or subplot comes in; why is she unable to continue taking 5u93r? Finding a replacement before her mind tears itself apart. Adapting herself to compensate for no longer having access to that awesome strength and durability. - Just the kind of character subplot you might see in a comic book.

Depending on how endwaar wants to run with it, it could be an adventure all its own, or a subplot during an adventure that suddenly hits her, shoveling on complications (and HP) until we happen across a solution, or one happens after the adventure to conclude the subplot, leading to a slight adjustment of Vee's build to reflect the change.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I like the idea. It probably won't happen immediately, but it's definitely a possible outcome of the series as it goes on.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Bill: Prestige already returned to his body as of his last post.

Sorry to have been quiet. I have been out of town the last few days and things just got active there. I'll have a post in the next 24 hours.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 am Bill: Prestige already returned to his body as of his last post.

Sorry to have been quiet. I have been out of town the last few days and things just got active there. I'll have a post in the next 24 hours.
Good to hear from you Epic!

Simplest to just assume Bill's post took place before Prestige got back.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

No worries. I've been quiet too. I think that once you guys get back there might be someone waiting for you... 8-)
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 am Bill: Prestige already returned to his body as of his last post.

Woops, you're right. I must have been making my post as McGuffin was making theirs, although I thought the forum notified you of that sort of thing? Huh.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to post more frequently moving forward. Had some pretty serious obligations IRL.
Bill from Accounting

Double post, but I wanted to ask: are we currently in the hideout that Inquisitor saw when mind probing? It sounds like we might be, but I thought it would take Prestige a couple of portals to get there, so I figured we were at a halfway point right now. Just want to be clear on the details before I post.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Yep, we're at the moment inside the hideout of the group of Regime remnants we fought.
Bill from Accounting

OK, that makes sense. For a moment I thought, "Wow, there's so much Regime in Gotham we stumbled upon a hideout on our way to the other hideout!"
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Yeah, there's not quite that much Regime in Gotham, though it does remain one of the capitals for Remnants, at least in the continental US.
Awaken

endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Oh, and Bill, I found this:
Gadget Guides wrote: Some “protective” items are intended to mitigate the effects of a complication, like a Disability or Vulnerability, rather than guard against a more general type of harm. These items are plot devices that do not cost power points unless they grant effects or benefits other than those associated with the complication. The item is a part of the complication, and its loss or failure may trigger it.
So you don't need the Feature, probably?
Awaken