Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 am Sure thing. They're both posted, and dear little Grace has them seriously rattled.
And with that Impaired condition giving him a -2 on basically every dice roll, as his mind reels from the psychic assault, I'd say his bell has been rung.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

That was good. I actually giggled at that.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Sorry for the late response on this, but would I be able to spend a HP to get the Interpose advantage and get in the way of the attacks against one of the police officers? Hell, if the officers were close enough together and you allow it, I'll take both hits.

EDIT: Or maybe instead use the HP for Instant Counter using Create, but I'm not sure if that would be allowed or if it could stop both attacks.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I'd allow the former, but the latter seems to say that it's a reaction against an affect targeting you, RAW.

That said, I'm not sure it's against the spirit to say yes to the latter, so I ask those with more experience than me in the system their opinions - I'm inclined to say yes, because Rule of Cool.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Going by RAW, Hp to Heroic Feat to gain Interpose would definitely work to take a shot for one of the cops, both of them if the GM rules they are sufficiently close to each other to take both shots.

Countering Effects I view more as competing energy control/magic/whathaveyou trying to overpower one another, more than Creating a wall to block shots, so I'd personally be more inclined to go with the first one.

That said, the player is expending a Hero point for the action so either fine in my mind in the sense of "something given, something gained". And I often tend to err on the side of Rule of Cool in most situations as a GM since that's what I'm there for, really.

Tldr: can't speak for any mechanical breaks I haven't foreseen but Rule of Cool says go for it.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

By RAW, there is only one way GL can block both attacks without having readied an action to put up a construct beforehand. Extra Effort for some kind of reaction power stunt would have to be done on their own turn. Interpose is only meant to block one attack per turn, and Counter Effect is only meant to counter one effect.

That having been said, if GL had two HP, she could interpose one, and counter the other. OR, someone else could take care of one of the attacks, rather than needing to bend the rules to let GL stop both.

Rule of cool is good and all, but I don't like it as a catch-all for "I want to do this, but the rules don't allow it". It's great for when the rules aren't clear on how to go about something, but in this instance we have 4 players, two of which can easily HP reaction counter the two blasts, so nudging the rules isn't really necessary here even for rule of cool.

(That being said, I HAVE seen GMs allow "HP Debt", where a complication can get triggered either right away or later without giving the player an HP for it in order to let them use an HP they don't have. This is usually limited to 1 HP in debt so that HP use doesn't far exceed actual HP gain before getting caught up on those complications smacking them for going into debt, but that's up to you, though I would limit it to 1. This is a mechanic that doesn't exist in the books that I'm totally on board with for those moments you want to pull off something but are short on HP)

And to clarify slightly, it's not "The next time a complication comes up", it's within the same scene if possible, the next if not. At bare minimum it might be GM invoking a free fiat on the character to hit them extra hard to settle the debt.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Alright, after due consideration, I'll say that I'll allow the interpose for one of the shots - Janet just doesn't have enough time to do more, especially since she constructed a medical curtain (which is the only reason she wasn't shot herself, ironically - they thought that it was more solid than it probably is).
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

On a success, there is no effect. If he fails, he'll be launched a distance rank equal to the effect rank (15) minus his weight rank (2 or 3?), so anywhere from 16 to 30 miles. Maybe I went overboard.
Maybe a little.... ._.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:17 am
On a success, there is no effect. If he fails, he'll be launched a distance rank equal to the effect rank (15) minus his weight rank (2 or 3?), so anywhere from 16 to 30 miles. Maybe I went overboard.
Maybe a little.... ._.
Hey, if it works, we have at least 60 seconds to clean up the mooks. And like I said in her bio, Janet is... impulsive when she's heated.

EDIT: It should be noted that I do have Precise on my Move Object, so if the group wants, maybe I could say he doesn't go so high if he fails?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I'll react to that once McGuffin posts Prestige's actions, as he does go before Janet.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

endwaar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:01 am I'll react to that once McGuffin posts Prestige's actions, as he does go before Janet.
Whoops, lost my place in the initiative order, actions up now.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

No worries. xD These things happen.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I presume Vee was hit. DC23?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Oh, yes. Sorry. I meant to write that down. DC 23 Toughness.
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Checking on the current situation:

-Female Regime trooper (1): active (shooting at Inquisitor)
-Regime trooper (2): active (shooting at Prestige)
-Regime trooper (3): KO by Prestige
-Regime trooper (4): KO by Grace
-Blast Master: MIA by Green Lantern (that will teach him to have a battlesuit without Flight!)

-Do we still have some Regime troopers (3?) in the flipped-over truck, or did that knock them out? (ie. have we heard any shouting or seen blaster fire or anything that would indicate they are still active?