[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Post Reply
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Gamemaster - Lobby

The quiet ding of the elevator bell, and the swoosh of opening doors is nearly lost in the expanse of the lobby and the continuing gurgle of the broken fountain. Only Replica happens to be looking up as the doors open up, revealing a quintet of what look to be Gigantosaur toys. Unlike the real enormous purple reptile, which is known to occasionally menace entire coastal cities, these are barely a foot high. Behind them is what looks like a robot puppy stripped off the soft fur and replaced it with lightweight armor.

The units in the elevator begin to pile out, with only Replica in position to act before them.
OOC wrote:Initiative: 1D20 = [5] = 5 for the L'il Gigantosaurs. Initiative: 1D20-1 = [2]-1 = 1 for the Robopoochie.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24
  • Titaness - 22 (out of combat)
  • Express - 17
  • Merryweather - 17
  • Tough Stuff - 16 (out of combat)
  • Evelyn Grae - 15
  • Gigantosaurs (x5) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1
Replica is up in the Surprise round.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Replica
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal
________________

Alex looks up as the elevator opens and sees no one else reacting, Crap!. He dashes in front of the enemy group, iron-skinned and performing his best Final Fight impression. "Heads up!".
OOC wrote:Use pipe to activate Hard Metal form :Enhanced Str 8, Enhanced Str 2 - Limited to Lifting, Immunity 10 Life Support, Protection 7 Impervious 9, -2 FGT, -2 AGI.
Going for which toy is upfront and trying to position my self between the toys and my teammates. Attack - Improvised Weapon: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
Whiff!
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:28 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Bruised x1

Irene walked down the stairs reducing down to a mere eight feet in height as she did--not a fan of small spaces she was--and saw Cin swinging wildly at shadows. She sighed audibly but stiffened slightly as out of the corner of her eye one of the manakins seemed to be looking at them.

She decided to play it cool for the moment, and raised her voice a little. "Hey Mighty Mouse parties up top lets go!"

She affected a slightly impatient look tapping one foot in an annoyed fashion all the while carefully keeping an eye on the movement out of her peripheral vision.

Technically irene stayed up stairs but what the heck Ill roll with it :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Say what.
HP: 2
----------
catsi563 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:28 am
"Hey Mighty Mouse "
The world drained in color, the air grew still, and in the distance a bell toll rang for the last time. Every ounce of fear she most certainly was not experiencing moments before drained away to reveal a pool of cool indifference to the world around her. Slowly, she tilted her head backwards to look back at her friend, the dreaded Tall One. Cindy's eyes were steel blue orbs with a promise as they peered up into the young woman's own. "What did you just call me."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Gamemaster - Lobby

The lead Gigantosaur takes a single step back, evading Replica's swing, and the two to either side of him suddenly spring forward, much faster than they look. Replica finds that they're suddenly in front of him and hammering at him with tiny fists that ring against his metal form. At first, there's little effect, but then one of them delivers a low blow and pain blossoms. As those two engage Replica, the other three fan out, their mouths swiveling open and bathing Evelyn, Express, and the computer workstation with fireballs that reek of propane. A direct hit on the computer tower melts into the side and with a loud pop, the magic smoke is released from the circuits. Meanwhile, the robotic dog begins darting around the back, recorded barks excitedly filling the air.
OOC wrote:Attack (Spring-loaded Fist): 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21; 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27 with a DC 20 attack. That would be under Impervious except the second one scores a critical, bringing the damage to DC 25. Since they gave it Improved Critical, I'm going to treat these guys are non-minions.

The next two, on the outer edges, fan out and hit Evelyn and Express each with a blast of their "Nuclear Breath" (tm). Attack (Fire breath): 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11; 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19 Which... actually hit, given you're Vulnerable in a surprise round. DC 20 Toughness saves for each.

The remaining L'il Gigantosaur hoses the computer down. Attack (Fire breath, Computer): 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26... well, that's a Finishing Attack and a Critical... DC 30. I don't think computers would be terribly resistance to damage, so we'll give it a Toughness of 4. Toughness: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20 is sufficient, I think, to disable it, although some parts might be recoverable.

The robotic dog takes cover and uses a Defense action. Total Defense: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7 only results in a target defense of 17.

We're back to the top of the Initiative with Replica.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Replica
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: -1 and Dazed. Pride (among other things) bruised.
________________
FuzzyBoots wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Gamemaster - Lobby

The lead Gigantosaur takes a single step back, evading Replica's swing, and the two to either side of him suddenly spring forward, much faster than they look. Replica finds that they're suddenly in front of him and hammering at him with tiny fists that ring against his metal form. At first, there's little effect, but then one of them delivers a low blow and pain blossoms.
"Ha! Is that all you've- OOF!" Replica nearly doubles over from hit below the belt "Why you dirty little...", he then grips the metal pipe, brace his feet, and puts all his weight behind the swing!

OOC wrote:Toughness Save - Metal form: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12
Ouch -1 and Dazed. Going All-out attack Attack - Improvised Weapon AOA: 1D20+10+5 = [5]+10+5 = 20
Messed up my attack bonus, should be +6 instead of a +10 for a 16 total. If that hits, DC25 unless the pipe gives a circumstance bonus. Dodge and Parry are a whopping +1 at the moment.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness

“Did you say something, Repli—“ was all Express had time to say as she looked up from the monitors. A wall of fire enveloped her. Stupid. Stupid. she screamed at herself, Can’t dodge what... can’t see... wasn’t... watching.

“AAUGH!“
OOC wrote: url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=209599]Toughness : 1D20+4-1 = [7]+4-1 = 10[/url]; Two degrees of failure. Ouch. Trinh is dazed until the end of their next turn and has a further –1 circumstance penalty to checks against damage.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Terribly amused (Bruised x1)


Irene stood there her face a carefully controlled mask except her eyes where the glowing blue corona that always was in effect when she grew twinkled with a bit of merriment, she couldn't help it, she loved Cindy like a sister and teasing her was just too much fun. still they had issues to deal with here and now.

She jerked her thumb over her shoulder back up the stairs and then deliberately pointed at the Mannequin that she was positive had been eyeing both of them since they arrived down here.

"They need us up there, you and your imaginary friend..." she said indicating their watcher "Will have to play another time."

She had no sooner said that then an explosion upstairs caused her head to whip around "What the hell?!"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Gamemaster - Lobby

Recoiling from the pain, Replica rocks back with a bolo swing of the pipe, using his hips to add force to the swing, the force of the strike and the weight of the pipe pulling him up and out of position. The wild swing clips the toy, which dodges an inch too little, and catches it on its snout, bending the head backwards, exposing a tangle of wires and cables in its neck before it falls backwards, a desultory death roar lowering in pitch as the unit powers down.

Towards the back of the room, Merryweather starts at the sudden violence and raises his staff, holding it on high. Mentally, he delivered a prayer to Tlaloc to give him the gifts he needed for this fight. Arcing through the door from somewhere outside, a bolt of lightning strikes him, outlining him and his staff in a glow of St. Elmo's Fire. And then... he was gone, a faint scorch mark where he stood.
OOC wrote:16 is sufficient to hit them. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10 takes out the guy who did the nutshot on you.

Since Toast Burglar is unavailable for the near future, I'm editing his character from the fight. I have a planned replacement.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, out of combat, likely available next turn)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds, Dazed until next turn)
  • Tough Stuff - 16 (out of combat, likely available next turn)
  • The Bug - 15 (out of combat, likely available next turn)
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (1 Wound)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1
Express is up next.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1653
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: You know she had to do it fam.
HP: 2
----------

The noises were all a distraction, the words in Titanesses mouth were just some muffled excuses trying to IGNORE the obvious issue here. She dopped her bat on the floor with a clink, and turned around in full. "I'll show you who's a stupid tiny itty bitty mouse who's not worth her salt, beanstalk!"

With a primal scream of furry only a four foot eight girl with major insecurity issues could aconmplished, Cindy charged at her friend in an attempt to tackle her to the ground. What she planned to do after? Er, she hadn't thought that far ahead.

Tackle![: 10
Yeah, not rerolling that. :p
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:04 am

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Lightly Singed (-1)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Heads up!" Evelyn looked up from the innards of the toy plane in time to catch the fireball on her side, yelping in surprise and pain before spotting the off-brand toy Kaiju. Looking over to the stairwell, she yelled "Titaness! Little problem! We're already one short!"

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
TOU save DC20: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18, 1 DoF: bruised.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:41 am

Gamemaster - Basement

As Tough Stuff charges Titaness and futilely bounces off one of her legs, windwilling her relatively tiny arms in a failed attempt to deliver something like a substantive blow, deep in one of Titaness's pockets, a small form is nestled.

Ernie hadn't really meant to fall asleep. He'd hitchhiked home on a series of flying insects after the search for the giant ants had bogged down with the revelation that the tribe who'd reported the find to the missionaries was also in the midst of a "vision quest" involving massive amounts of hallucinogenic fungus. It had taken serious effort to make the journey and when he arrived, and landed on Titaness's shoulder, she'd been approaching some guy named Chad, and he kind of forgot to modulate his voice to reach normal-sized ears, and all she was hearing was a buzzing... and then she was being ordered off to detention and he didn't want to pipe up for fear of being labeled as a ringleader or an instigator or some other hurtful words. In Titaness's pocket, he found the gentle warmth of her body, and the thrum of her bodily functions oddly soothing and before he knew it, he was having some sort of odd dream involving beds with legs and a Slumberland princess and a clown named Tip... now, he was hearing a completely different voice, which didn't fit with his dreams.

"I'll show you who's a stupid tiny itty bitty mouse who's not worth her salt, beanstalk!"
That was... Tough Stuff? But where was he now? It didn't feel like the school in some undefinable way...
OOC wrote:Yes, I substituted Bug for Merryweather, at least until Toast Burglar gets his RL issue sorted out. As with Titaness and Tough Stuff, he's in position to enter combat next round.

In that spirit, MacynSnow, can I get your reaction and an initiative roll?

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:45 am

The Bug
Hero Points- 1 Condition-Waking up to the Chaos

The original ride to the Amazon was nice(first class was Fantastic,for it paid to be small....),but the Ride back....notso much.Don't get him wrong,the Bro Horde was always fun to hang&talk with,it was the Insect version of Jet-lag that wasn't....

Waking up in Irene's pocket was gonna be Awkward enough,so he might as well deal with it now rather than back in the dorms(where it could get all-kinds of blown out of Proportions).Climbing up out of her pocket,Ernie(making Certain to modulate his voice this time) said
"What's going on? We're not around School grounds....And why is Cindy trying to tackle you leg for?"
OCC: Why,Certainly sir! I would be happy to assist in the upcoming Mayhem....
Initiative check: 12+3=15

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:24 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: EEK BUG!! (Bruised x1)
"I'll show you who's a stupid tiny itty bitty mouse who's not worth her salt, beanstalk!"

With a primal scream of furry only a four foot eight girl with major insecurity issues could aconmplished, Cindy charged at her friend in an attempt to tackle her to the ground. What she planned to do after? Er, she hadn't thought that far ahead.
Irene sighed audibly and rolled her eyes as Cin charged her with mayhem in her eyes the near eight foot of height she was at meant that Cin might as well have charged face first into a tree, the impact would have been softer given her muscle density. Gently laying her hand on top of Cins head and using the now nearly eight feet of wingspan she had to her advantage she allowed Cindy to get her RAWR on while she figured a way to cool her down.

that's when the explosions happened and Evelyn called out for help.

She was about to let Cindy go hopefully not face first into a wall. when she got the shock of her life when a tiny modulated voice that she hadn't expected to hear from for another week plus popped out of one of her pockets along with its owner --who she WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT BLUSHING No Sireee Bob her cheeks were not turning red!!-- and caused her to EEP and jump back in such a way that poor Cindy got let go to slingshot forward.

"ERNIE!!" She snapped her cheeks most definitely not blushing pink "W-What are you doing here?!"

Then she noticed he was in her pocket "And what are you doing there!?" she growled low and ominous like a thundercloud.

hehe tsundere Giantess FTW :lol:

Irenes initiative for when she finally does get into the fight _: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10



Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 pm

catsi563 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:24 am
Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: EEK BUG!! (Bruised x1)
"I'll show you who's a stupid tiny itty bitty mouse who's not worth her salt, beanstalk!"

With a primal scream of furry only a four foot eight girl with major insecurity issues could aconmplished, Cindy charged at her friend in an attempt to tackle her to the ground. What she planned to do after? Er, she hadn't thought that far ahead.
Irene sighed audibly and rolled her eyes as Cin charged her with mayhem in her eyes the near eight foot of height she was at meant that Cin might as well have charged face first into a tree, the impact would have been softer given her muscle density. Gently laying her hand on top of Cins head and using the now nearly eight feet of wingspan she had to her advantage she allowed Cindy to get her RAWR on while she figured a way to cool her down.

that's when the explosions happened and Evelyn called out for help.

She was about to let Cindy go hopefully not face first into a wall. when she got the shock of her life when a tiny modulated voice that she hadn't expected to hear from for another week plus popped out of one of her pockets along with its owner --who she WAS ABSOLUTELY NOT BLUSHING No Sireee Bob her cheeks were not turning red!!-- and caused her to EEP and jump back in such a way that poor Cindy got let go to slingshot forward.

"ERNIE!!" She snapped her cheeks most definitely not blushing pink "W-What are you doing here?!"

Then she noticed he was in her pocket "And what are you doing there!?" she growled low and ominous like a thundercloud.

hehe tsundere Giantess FTW :lol:

Irenes initiative for when she finally does get into the fight _: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10



The Bug
Hero Points- 1 Condition-time for a "Short" Explaination....hehe...(Normal)

Patting the(Way bigger than him) young woman on her cheek,Ernie replied(not even paying attention as Cind crashes forward)
"Insect version of Jet-lag,Gorgeo....erm,Rather large person.Now i think i heard Eve holler for help,so shall we....?"
You know everybody missed the Straight man of this crew! :lol:

Post Reply