[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skølldir

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Olev looks uninterested as Cindy moves to the counter to ask the clerks about their assignment. His eyes linger on her as she asks her questions and gets her answers. His left eyebrow raises as the people mention the retirement homes. Delightfully simple, yet quite complicated. Which was the statistical probability of finding one old person that was remotely connected to this Hazel Court, AND not senile enough to have already forgotten, or be twisting the facts and information. Astronomically low, that was the probability. Still he could narrow things down a little. Knowing the years he could search the retirement home national registry, extract the age of the residents in the city and look in which retirement home there would be the highest chance of finding people in the age range that matches the parents of Hazel Court. Adjusting his spectacles, he opens his laptop again and starts typing a code to data mine the information and produce outputs. In neat formatted tables, of course. After all, style is everything.

OOC: I'll take 10 on an Expertise tech check to see if Skølldir can narrow down the most likely retirment home to have interesting information. I should get a 24. If that does not reveal anything I will try and roll.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Gamemaster

The man rubs his chin and looks thoughtful.
"Can't say that it does, and I thought that I knew all of the streets around here." He gave a helpless shrug and then nodded out to the rest of the restaurant. That said, perhaps I'd better get to work before the boss starts asking me if I'm going to jaw around all day. You take care, kids."

Meanwhile, at the desk, Skølldir looked for information about the nursing home residents in the area. Perhaps unsurprisingly, HIPAA has resulted in a fair amount of clamping down on patient data, but he notes a few dozen retirement homes in Freedom City, including a handful in the Southside, such as Auburn Shale, Lifeminders, and Southside Retirement Castle. The last one is interesting in that a search on its name brings up correlations to a variety of superhero sites including something called the Freedom Tour. He also finds a few Freedom City retirement home patient databases that he picks up from the Dark Web, but all of them are several years old.
OOC wrote:For those who don't live in the United States, HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. One of the things it's been most famous for is that it made disclosure of information related to any sort of medical treatment a criminal act, with fairly substantial fines and the possibility of the institution or doctor in question losing their license.

So you have a few possible places to look at if you want to pursue retirement homes.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm

"Hmhm..." Skolldir says, adjusting his spectacles. There is a glint of victory in the corner of his mouth as he describes the information he found to the others. Closing the lid of the laptop once again with a sigh, he crosses his hands in front of his face and takes a moment to think. "I would first go to Southside retirement castle. The links with superheroes could be the defining variable." He takes a moment to assess the others' expressions. "Regardless let us leave this place. The smell of burnt fat is making me sick."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: giant foody

"Sounds good. Afterwards I think we should still consider going to the Freedom League for some info, we've been tryin to come at this from the perspective of where this person is now, we should consider looking at where they were and have been also." Irene added in casually as she stood and stretched her fingers nearly scraping the ceiling as she did.


She nodded At Cindy in a come on motion and exited the restaurant to wait for the others
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 am

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"Not exactly, Irene. It's more like finding other people who were around when this villain was active to get more information on where they have been spotted, or maybe even someone who's had an encounter in person with them. I doubt we'll necessarily find them in one of these retirement homes. The odds are pretty slim in that, yeah?"

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skølldir

Post by Camus » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 am

Olev was mildly amused by Joshua. He had the preconception that he was as dumb as dirt, as is usually the case. But this time, he did sound quite logical. Adjusting his glasses he adds "Certainly. Slim chances s what we are taking."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:43 am

Gamemaster

The Southside Retirement Castle near Cyrus and Yeats turns out to be a two-story building that looks like a 1950s-style house, surrounded by a moderately sized lawn. Outside, a sign on the premises indicates it’s the "Southside Retirement Castle." It’s an old folks home, and clearly not a four-star one, although it at least looks well-maintained.

Inside, there's a trim-looking Latina, probably in her mid-twenties in a baby-blue pantsuit adorned with a name tag with Maria written on it. She looks up as you enter, and smiles, a bit tiredly.
"I'm Maria. Do you have an appointment?" she says to you.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2925
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:17 am

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: Quiet
----------

It was awkward trying to stand up tall enough to shoot Irene a whisper, but she tried her best while staring over at the desk. "Wait, we had to make an appointment?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skølldir

Post by Camus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:57 pm

"No" Olev replies plainly, as his chair carries him to the desk. "We are actually on an asignment, looking for information on a person called Hazel Court, which we believe was a family member of a person living in this... Place." the young man explains. "If you could inquire the residents about this, we'd like to have a chat with any who claims to have some information in that respect." he adds. "Oh, we would invite them something to drink. Or play cards, whatever they might demand in exchange." he finishes
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua clears his throat lightly and steps up to lean casually against the counter.
"Sorry about him. Olev's... well, blunt. And I think fell asleep while listening to us lower IQ types. We are doing a school assignment researching a villain from this area. We weren't thinking we'd find a relative, but maybe some folks who may have lived in the area when this villain was active. We just want to conduct some interviews, but we could work them in with volunteer activities. If that would be okay. "

Joshua tries to turn on the charm a little to soften Olev's less refined conversational skills.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skølldir

Post by Camus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:30 pm

"Ill rather be described as direct. Hammers are blunt, not people." it wasnt clear if Olev was offended with being called blunt or with the inability of the english language to distinguish between adjectives used for people and those used for things
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2925
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: Oddly proud
----------

"What're you talking about? People call me blunt all the time!" The girl retorted, crossing her arms over her chest with a triumphant pose. Was she under the impression it was a compliment?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:15 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene smiled at Cins whisper but didn't reply. she stood by trying not to look too imposing and smiled warmly at Maria.

She couldn't help however rolling her eyes and giving a soft why me sigh and shake of her head at the antics of these two.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:30 am

Maverick

Maria frowned at Olev and opened her mouth, evidently to tell him off, when Maverick leaned in, leaning on the counter in a way calculated by his programming to draw his t-shirt tight over his pecs as he flashed a winning grin, his teeth pearly white and just slightly crooked in a way that drew the eye. As he spoke, Maria looks him over appreciatively and at the end, she speaks.
"Well, I can't really disclose identities of residents, but if you know this Ms. Court..." She taps at the computer, and friends slight before speaking, "We have no Hazel Court here. If you will be on your best behavior," with which she glares at Olev, "I can bring you to the Common Room. There's always a few residents there, and some of them would love nothing more than to talk to someone. They don't get out much. Well, except Mr. Nesbitt, but the trick is getting him to shut up." She rolls her eyes slightly.
"Our resident celebrity."
OOC wrote:Coyote Code isn't working for me either, so I rolled a physical die. 8+4+5=17 is enough to shift her from Indifferent to Favorable.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua grins and winks. "We'll make sure Olev doesn't terrorize anyone. Do we need name badges or anything before we head in?"

Post Reply