[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 pm

Gamemaster

"Fine, fine," Skølldir days, waving his hand dismissively, "I will take the bus. The autopilot on my chair is on the fritz and I wish to look some things up. I will meet you at this Burger Bills."

When the group does catch up with him, he's grumpy, but faintly triumphant.
"There is one Hazel Court associated with Southside, although I fear it may be a literal dead end. March 1957, a Freedom College coed, reported missing by her roommate after a poetry reading at the Student Union. She was last seen with the featured poet of the evening, Christopher Carradine, who claimed they had had a brief assignation before she decided to return to her room. No further evidence against him was found, so he was released. Carradine himself disappeared a few years later, and it appears his Beatnik verses have not held up over the years. I certainly found no value in them." He closes his laptop with finality.
"And now we eat?"
OOC wrote:Technology seems about right for a public records search.

Taking 10 gets him a decent bonus. Since Camus is probably out another week for his cruise, I'm leaving things open for any interaction you want before Burger Bill's.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: giant foody

"Bills it is." Irene chirped happily as she stood to her full height. "Have to bus it or monorail though, last time I ran through the city at full height I caused three fender-benders." she explained as she made her way to FTAs closest stop.

Once there she proceeded to chow down by devouring a couple of their Triples and a large fry and an apple pie. she chewed throughtfully as she listend to Skolldir explain about Hazel Court.


"Any chance she just dropped out and married someone? kind of prevalent in those times."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:24 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: Full
----------

As much as she may have tried to force herself, it seemed that Cindy is not at all capable of finishing her double. In fact she was starting to look a bit queasy just watching Irene devour her own meal. "Urgh... Where are you even packing all that away..."

Pushing her plate to the side and choosing to just nurse her coke, the girl made an actual effort of considering what the boy had discovered. "So, this girl is supoosed to have been a villain at some point right? Maybe we look and see if a supervillian suddenly started showing up when she went missing. That makes sense, right?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:16 pm

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Not sure if he was even going to like it, Josh went with a single and fries, mostly watching the others. "Hard to say I guess. Wouldn't be so easy to try and track down her family, they'd be like... in their 90s or something, and probably not so interested in digging up 60-year-old wounds."

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:41 pm

Skølldir

"Hmm..." Skølldir set aside his Burger, gradually cleaned his hands, and reopened his laptop and did a quick search. "It is possible that such a marriage might not be listed in the papers, is she could have gone to another state or the paper might not be digitized..." He shrugged, and did a few more searches.

"And with a short range, I see nothing significant. A broader search turns up too much." He closed the laptop again, and returned to his burger, adding one final comment, "I am fairly certain that, despite how members of the Freedom League may have felt, it was not Virginia North," before taking another bite.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: Totally gets it
----------

She nodded along as if she knew who Skoldir was talking about, despite not so subtly trying to look up that name on her flipphone's crappy internet browser. "If it's not online, where would we even try to look that stuff up anyway?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Skølldir

Skølldir waves off Cindy's question. "Microfiche, perhaps," he says dismissively, "but we would have to know where to look. If she went to Reno, we would be out of luck. Or is that where they went for divorces?"
OOC wrote:Missed that you'd asked a question. :)

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1697
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: giant foody

"How about the Freedom League Museum?" Irene offered along with a hearty satisfied belch "I mean they have to have a pretty good list of the team rogues gallery right?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:47 am

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua considers. "Well, the idea of the project was the obscurity of the villain, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be at least a clue at the museum. We can check there after we ask about in Southside here. Maybe the owners here know something or one of the local businesses nearby." he suggests before taking a tentative look at his burger and taking an experimental bite. He definitely looks like he's from out of town with the way he's approaching the food.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: Taking iniative
----------

Satisfied that she finally understood who the need kid was talking about, the girl put her phone back away only to be confronted with another weird word. This time she chucked it up to him just trying to trip her up by pulling it out of his butt. What did micro-fish have to do with anything anyway?

"Yeah, I guess we could just ask while we're here before rushing off to do something else. Here hold on, I'll go up and ask." Without any preparation of what she would even ask the owners at all, Cindy pushed her seat out to leave the table.

"Hey!" She voiced, reaching the counter and leaning against it. "Me and my friends are working on a project for school, think we could ask if you guys know anything for it?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Gamemaster

The gentleman at the counter, a slightly heavyset black man with wispy white hair around his temples, sighs and puts on a half smile before speaking, his voice a resonant baritone, a bit tired in its tone.
"If you're asking about the amount of ground meat that we go through in a month, Mrs. Bettis has informed us that this is a lesson in estimation and that, clever as she found directly asking ten years ago, she's starting to think it a lazy approach." He looks out across the restaurant, and sees no impending orders. You notice that his nametag reads "Carl".

"But I suppose I have a moment to answer some other question about the restaurant. How can I help you?"

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: An excellent detective
----------

The fact that the first part of what he had to say made no sense at all to the girl was cleverly hidden by her dull, far-away look. Once it became clear that he was willing to answer other questions though she shook her head, a fire replacing any ounce of ignorance previously displayed. "Well, we're actually working on a history project relating to the neighborhood area! You guys have probably been around for awhile, right? Like, the fifties and sixties at least?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1025
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:31 am

Gamemaster

The gentleman at the counter laughed.
"We're not that old. Thirty years at the most, kinda grew in parallel to the college. And before you ask, no, I'm not that old either, to remember something in the fifties. Hell, the sixties, I was a baby. For something like that, you might have better luck looking up a retirement home." He spoke with a smile on his face, showing he wasn't offended.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:15 am

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: A not so excellent detective
----------

She sheepishly rubs the back of her neck. "Ah, I'm sorry... Still, I guess just to cover our bases, the name Hazel Court dosn't mean anything to you does it?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 am

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua meanders up next to Cindy, taking mental notes. A retirement home made sense. They could see if any residents lived in the Southside area and ask about this Hazel Court villain. They might not have gotten any real info, but they got a good hint where to go next. After finishing the delicious greasy burgers.

Post Reply