[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1938
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: giant relief

She held her breath short of it as she was because of the lungful of gas shed taken in. As Skoldr went to work on the VERY large and explosive looking nuclear bomb. When he looked like he was close she allowed herself to take a breath only for a loud beep to startle her as the bloody thing started talking to them demanding answers to questions.

Fortunately Cindy was up on the latest baseball stats, And Hope could sing like an angel, Replica surprised them all though it hardly should have been givne his abilities by answering questions on materials found on the periodic table, then it was her turn having to answer questions three on the nature of the blue whales reproductive systems, how to properly clean a toxic waste dump near an aquifer and a real stumper where it asked her about the air speed of an unladen swallow to which she answered with African or European?--what? Ernie had insisted they watch that movie together at some festival or another.--causing the bombs voice to blow a razzberry her way before giving her the benefit of a correct answer complete with a cartoon Quirk sent flying off into the horizon.

next thing she knew she was back in school being chastised by Principle Summers who was roundly annoyed with them all demanding a full report and promising to ground them till graduation if they ever pulled such a stunt again. Shed found Ernie napping in her pocket again, the shock of seeing him returned--not to mention WHERE he had returned to--caused her to go on a near full sized rampage lightning and everything chasing him while cursing a blue streak.

So she again found herself in detention--bit better this time as she managed to convince the staff to have them get out and clean up a local park--working with her friends to make the place beautiful.

All told she felt like a hurricane had just rolled through her life but like all storms though she would weather it. She had her friends and she had her family, Ernie was going to take her to that pizza place in the mall on Saturday, and maybe a movie after. Express and Cindy were whispering about tagging along for moral support *snerk* but either way she was happy knowing her friends would be there just as shed be there for them.
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:17 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: In trouble again
HP: 3
----------

Cindy stood near Express, both of them sharing a giggle at Titaness's expense while they were forced to tag along for their punishment. She'd gone all out for the effort too, wearing her 'Green Peace!' T-shirt and some old worn jeans. There was a lull in their secretive teasing though, that led to the girl thinking just a little bit harder about all they went through.

It's true that she was never exactly the biggest thinker, yet she really had to wonder about some of the specifics toward those last few minutes of their adventure. More specifically, the fact that the bomb seemed to have been designed in such a way that it required all of them working together to solve. The only thing that made her consider this was how during those baseball questions, there was one regarding the Sandstormers and their star hitter, Daniel Black. lieutenant Daniel Black. That was one of her father's friends, and that team was one they had formed for a small tournament while on deployment. Can't really get more specific then if the question was about one of old softball teams.

Really weird stuff. Between the thrill of victory and the taste of defeat at the hand of Mr. Summers catching them so quickly, it was only now that the weirdness of it all hit home. Maybe it was just the heat talking, but what if that incident on the news also had something to do with Quirk and Boy-Toy? It just happened to occur at the same time as the robbery, just happened to catch the attention of their classroom while they were in detention, and then it just happened to suddenly stop right as they were finishing disarming the bomb.

"Hey... Do you think that bomb was actually really gonna blow up? Like, what if it was just some game for them?" The girl pondered, her face straining with the sheer amount of brain-power she was utilizing to come up with such a theory. Of course, all hint of her actually being smart at all vanished when she shrugged, and went back to poking a stubborn plastic bottle with a stick. "Naw, that couldn't be it. That'd just mean our victory as heroes would've been hollow and unnecessary, and we're just way too awesome for that to have happened."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Gamemaster

A quiet cough somehow cut through the noise of Titaness's and Tough Stuff's work. Behind them, seemingly having appeared from thin air, is Duncan Summers, leaning on his customary cane, his face very decidedly neutral.
"You probably think I'm being unfair," he starts, "and to some degree, you might be right. You responded to an emergency situation, and you handled yourself well, avoiding extensive collateral damage, and dealing with another of Quirk's insipid games. And your information about the state that Toy Boy is in is... valuable." He walks over to an overturned planter and sits, letting out a faint sigh of relief as he settles his weight.

"Unfortunately, in doing so, you left detention, and I can't overlook that without seeming unfair to everyone else. And, in doing so, you lost one of your classmates and left two others in somewhat indeterminate states." He holds a pausing finger up. "I recognize that you were not the direct impetus behind Merryweather's departure, and we are still investigating if there is a good way for him to be contacted to negotiate his return. Unfortunately, Replica and Express are not in as good of shape." His face turns down into a frown.

"The good news is that neither case is life-threatening, but Replica has not been able to shift back from the metal form he took, at least not for more than a few seconds at a time, and Express, when she appeared in the infirmary, startling Nurse Joy considerably, seems to be having difficulty snapping out of a reversed time dilation, operating at a fraction of normal speed. We suspect she is attempting to turn her power off to escape, but her seconds might be weeks or months for us, and nothing we have attempted has even touched her yet. As this point, we're more busy attempting to ensure that nothing we've used is lingering and will hit her all at once. Lastly, Evelyn Grae's — hmmm... her anonymous guardians who are legitimate businessmen — are threatening to remove her from the school, something which she is vociferously against, but I will have to soothe those feathers and until then, I ask you to minimize contact with her."

"The other two who accompanied you on your trip, Skolldir and Miraculous, are excused from punishment due to having been more forcefully shanghaied into your adventure." He stands, and moves to leave, before turning back.

"You five have shown potential to work together. I find that valuable. Expect to work with each other in the future, for now the four of you until the others recover or are recovered. You did good work, if not necessarily the right way. I will, of course, be expecting a proper after-action report. It will be graded." With that, he walks away a few steps and turns a corner behind a shed, not appearing on the other side.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:39 am

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 1
Status: Normal
----------

Right at the beginning of his impassioned speech Cindy narrowly managed to avoid disaster by responding with a comment somewhere along the lines of 'Actually, I wasn't thinking of you at all!'. Somehow, for once, she actually took a read of the atmosphere and realized that now wasn't the time for thoughtless quips and comments. The longer he spoke, the more she realized just how serious everything actually really was. To think that what was just some game to Quirk had all these consequences for the ones directly involved in putting it to an end.

Merryweather, she didn't even know where to start when it came to that guy. Admittedly she barely even knew him at all, but to have someone vanish in the course of a minute just because she decided to rush off on her own left her feeling awful. Replica too, though it sounded like he was at least not in pain even though he was stuck replicating that weird metal wall with all the lasers. If only she'd been able to make it through on her own, then he'd have been fine too. Evelyn... well, Mr. Summers pretty much laid that all flat on the table but she still couldn't really fathom it all. Some people had really strange families.

What really hurt most though, was hearing about what's apparently happened to her best friend. To think that she was... wait... Express was where? "W-wait, Mr. Summers? Headmaster? What are you talking about, come back! Express is right..." She turned around to where she was sure she was just taking to Trinh. Yet there was nobody there at all, not even a trace. Cindy looked over to Irene, while hesitantly pointing to the empty spot. "...You saw her too, right? I'm not just imagining things? Ergh... Please don't tell this to my psych counselor."

--------
All misspellings seen are her own, all horrid grammar is her own, and may god have mercy on any who manage to read through this jumbled rambling mess of a mission report. wrote:
Name: Cindy Caramel
Date: XX/XX/XXXX

Okay so it started out when we were all hanging out in detention, I was there trying to see if I could freak anyone out by putting pencils in my eyes while we were watching the TV teach had left on for some reason. That's when we saw the action going on with those pirates where those guys on the next gen were fighting along with the freedom league but it was really hard to focus in on the detail because for one I was doing that pencil trick and 2 Evelyine was going on one of her rants again. Somethin somethin nerd talk blah blah who cares right? Anyway then it came on that the toy factory was being attacked and then the guy went on to complain about it since he wanted a reward or something like that. Do people actually get awards for news stuff? That's so lame, who even watches the news anymore?

Oh right, so we all decided we wanted to try and do something about that break in, like prove how cool we were, and eventualy all of us got over there one way or the other. I'll have you know I was NOT being carried, I ran the entire way on foot all by myself. If Irene says that she did otherwise then you better dock her points because she's a big fat liar.

When we got there some of the guards were already taken out, but some of the others made sure they were alright while we started to look around, but then these toy planes and music came outa nowhere so we had to beat them down and keep those beat up guys safe. It was no trouble at all, didn't even land a scratch on me! I mean, I didn't land one on them either, but have you tried throwing a baseball at a little tiny plane buzzing around your friends? It's very hard.

For some reason I had this idea that the bad guy behind it all was downstairs, but apparently there were only weird creepy mannequins that were like put there specifically to mess with me alone. Pretty sure Eveyn or one of the others managed to figure out where Boy-Toy was after messing with the computers back upstairs. THAT was when some more things started to attack apparently, but I was off being stupid I guess. I really should've been upstairs, because the first thing I notice when I went back up was that Merrywheather was gone! I was so sure that he got blown up somehow. I helped out in the fight however I could, but it didn't last much longer after that I think because that's when the guy got on the speakers and started taunting us. I also definitely did NOT go rushing back down to the basement afterwards and we instead all got together to confront him head on.

There was this really big showdown, but there was this STUPID CLOWN. This really really STUPID CLOWN that kept hitting me while I hit it but NOTHING was happening and it just really pissed me off. I honestly wasn't paying enough attention to everyone else to see what they were doing I was that pissed. Seriously, the only one around here that's aloud to be invulnerable is me! But yeah so, we were just getting to the good part where the villain made his huge monologue which I totally listened too, when all of a sudden this other kid just moonwalks right onto the scene out of nowhere with hip hop music playing. It was kinda absoultely weird. And then we were suddenly in a maze? And I was on the floor, and then the two of them- Oh, and Toys R Us was this ghost manequin now or something - flopped over as cardboard cutouts. Weird right?

That's when Nerdbrain #2 and Miraculous appeared, and also when we lost sight of Eve, Trinh, and Ernie. Apparently he was just hanging out on Irene's boobs though the entire time. Pervert! Ugh but yeah, we were suddenly in this maze so we started to split up and look around, like me and Hope found this weird empty passagway with some kinda code that we never figured out on it. Red herring I guess? Whatever, from there we had to rush up and help geekboy fight some robots before I ran off to go down this hall of lasers. Which REALLY hurt. Like oh god I'm pretty sure I could've died if I actually tried to go through it all? Peabrain was doing something weird with his chair but Replica just decided to copy the walls instead and walked right on through to turn it off. At least he's immune to laser death beams now, right...? Ergh.

There was this hall with a computer in it that asked us to turn off something so we did, and I have literally no idea if it acutally did anything, but after that we knocked down a TRAPPED door and found the bomb! Wait, I mentioned the bomb right? Quirks and Toys for Tots said they were goign to blow up the city if we didn't find and disarm this one nuke he had, so that's exactly what we did! We all had to put in the effort there, even me somehow! Right at the last seccond we finally managed to turn the whole thing off, then POOF, mission over, time to go home. Also like, apparently that ghost pirate stuff stopped at the same time too, maybe related?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2013
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:29 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope weathers the headmaster's vitriol stoically...if a little sheepishly, especially after it's made clear he's not entertaining that she and Olev were abducted by Quirk from the school. She feels a little more vindicated with Summers' follow-up once he'd cooled his heels. Filling the action report made the whole thing feel like they'd done some real superhero work and served as an encouragement to her to continue following this path.

Name: Hope McKnight
Date: XX/XX/XXXX

I had been watching the Justice League in the rec room of Claremont Acadamy with several other students with no intention of trying to sneak out anywhere, but when I blinked, I opened my eyes and found myself no longer looking at the television, but at two figures that turned out to be Toyboy and Quirk and was informed we had been transported into a game of sorts.

Along with me were Cindy Caramel, Irene Darrow, Alexander Mason, and Olev Skorg, all in their action gear. I had also been changed into my activewear when I had been wearing casual attire back at school.

Quirk announced that this was to be some kind of game, but that there was a bomb involved and our goal was to traverse the maze before us, overcome the traps within and diffuse the bomb within three minutes.

Olev tried to get prepared, but apparently broke a rule, so the timer was started before we could get much information, but be that as it may, we all rose to the occasion and headed into the maze, splitting up to cover more ground while keeping in contact via communicators. We overcame each challenge and trap as we came upon them, which included; attack robots, hallway lasers and glue gun traps and some kind of gas. Eventually, we found the bomb, which had a strange design that used things like baseball trivial and music to disarm it, and seemed to take into account our individual interests as keys.

Once the bomb was disarmed, we were all sent to the Fun-Time Toy Factory, even myself and Olev even though we had not been transported from there, and then we made our way back to the school.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 am

Olev was glad this charade was over with. With his fast fingers he was able to defuse the system and tap into the command shell, only to find it locked by a trivia challenge. Annoying, just as the whole experience had been so far. None too soon did Quirk return them to the toy factory, and he could gather some scraps and pieces of machinery to restore the rest of his droids and his chair.

At the school, the ire of Summers did not faze Olev. He was used to the man loosing his temper with his own actions, like blowing up parts of the school running experiments. The principal did came to his senses on the matter of punishment, which proved he was capable of some degree of logical thinking.

A report eh? Olev rolled his eyes, and deploying his computer started to hurriedly type down his recollection of the events. He was hurried not because he had something in particular to do, but rather he saw the whole report thing as unnecessary.
The initiation of activities occurred at 3:32 pm, when I was testing a new prototype. I was space-time displaced by the use of some sort of reality altering ability of the inter-dimensional entity nicknamed Quirk. At his mercy, me and other students were forced to a race against the clock to deactivate an explosive device, of 4 megatons at least, as the villains claimed it would raze the city if it was to detonate. The tactics were lacking, as each individual took their own path. I, for instances, was left unguarded, which caused me a great deal of suffering in my confrontation with armed and dangerous droids. Later Tough-stuff, in a display of selfishness and tactical blindness compromised the whole team, trapping herself. I deviced a contraption able to free her and grant us all passage through the trap, but mid work, she regained the needed courage and escaped by her own means, which let me with a broken wheelchair.
I proceeded alone through another route, as the aid my comrades provided was actually, hindrance. I managed to find the bomb and deactivate it, after a session of trivia where the other teammates collaborated.
After the deactivation Quirk returned us, and provided a piece of evidence that suggest the events that had captured the attention of the league were actually his creations. He also mentioned that we were more "fun" than the league, which harbours an unfavourable forecast for the future.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:24 am

Titaness and Tough Stuff

Indeed, as Cindy whips her head around, Express is absent, although oddly, the work she had been doing is still done. Obviously, something more is going on here... maybe Express isn't as trapped as she seems? Or perhaps what she's doing under stasis isn't directly exiting whatever state she was in, but rather transcending it somehow...

"She was there," a voice says to one side. It's another one of the students, Chump. Cindy remembers his name in part because he's nearly as tough as her. Maybe tougher in a few situations... normally, his lower limit at which he started taking damage was lower than Cindy, but he refused to cry out, even when the level of pain was higher than what Cindy normally expected. It probably helped that he healed a bit faster. He was stronger too, and his temper was legendary, for all that it was seldom seen. Rumor has it that his attendance at the Academy is less than voluntary, that he got in because he put someone into a hospital with his powers, and was unrepentant in doing so. As it is, he has a rumor of being a toady for Cassanova, a senior on campus, a legbreaker in so much as such a thing could exist in a school where any given student might be able to summon nova-heat flames at a whim.
"Just one moment there, then poof, nothing." His massive brow furrows as he considers it. "Coulda been an illusion." He shrugs and returns to his work, shifting boulders and logs that were below Titaness's notice.
OOC wrote:Gah! Usually, I'm better about rereading recent posts to get things right. Sorry. That was careless on my part.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1938
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:07 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: giant relief

Irene was working as Principle Summers spoke staying quiet as he did.

"We did what you taught us to do Principle Summer, we did the right thing even if it wasn't the best thing." she explained "Cant promise we wont do the right thing again, wouldn't be heroes if we did." she smiled as her eyes crackled with a small bit flash of lightning.
t there was nobody there at all, not even a trace. Cindy looked over to Irene, while hesitantly pointing to the empty spot. "...You saw her too, right? I'm not just imagining things? Ergh... Please don't tell this to my psych counselor."
Irene was silent for a short period working as she did but finally she turned back to Cindy and smiled slightly and said easily. "Yeah I saw her too."

Name: Irene Darrow (Code: Titaness)
Date: xx/xx/xxxx

Was serving detention for a prior incident with friends involved. Mostly quiet when we received reports via he tv of an attack on a nearby toy factory. Cindy rushed off to investigate. Couldn't let her go alone so we grabbed our gear and made our way there.

Once there we started emergency procedures on some downed security guards when the group was attacked by remote drones. Express cleared the civilians while we cleared the drones which included small planes, and large Gigantosaur like robots. smashed the drones as Evelyn discovered where the bad guy was. Discovered Ernie AKA Bug had returned to school ad he joined the team. Advanced to the server room where we engaged toyboy in a ghost like state and more robots. some injuries were sustained but nothing severe all drones defeated.

Was surprised by the appearance of another being calling itself Quirk per FL files. being yanked everyone into a ""game"" where it forced us to do a maze run in order to find a bomb. Traps were avoided as possible and more drones destroyed. Bomb was found and Disamred by Skoldrr. disarming the bomb defused the situation and we were returned to School.

Conclusion: Villains escaped but bomb threat defused

Heroes safe with minimal but severe casualites as several members were injured in some ways or vanished.

personal notes: We did the right thing I know we did, but the cost I wonder...Enie was back in my pocket asleep ""AGAIN"" grr but … Im glad he was safe and NO Im not blushing err can we turn this off and redo that last part NO?? come on he may hear that! ***ZZAK!!***

**rest of recording illegible due to electrical interference see written report for further details.**


Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:07 am

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 1
Status: Normal
----------

The girl sighed in the relief that she wasn't going crazy, but she had to stare at where she'd seen the girl with a contemplative look. There's no way she could pretend to understand why and how what just happened seemed to have happened, but it was a relief to know in her heart that somehow, someway, her oldest friend at this school will find a way out of this. At least that's what she desperately hoped for, which conflicted a bit with the whole relief aspect.

"Eash... Time-space powers are so weird and complicated. I like simple ones. Like you, Chumpo!" She heartily slaps the other resident delinquent on his back, having jumped over to do so. "You're super tough and that's that! Kinda like me, but you also got those big muscles. Gotta admit, I really admire that. Wish I was that strong, could you imagine the homeruns I'd make with your strength too? I'd be able to go pro for sure."
Hey, I think it just adds to the whole weirdness of her situation, while also giving us a bit of levity and hope for the future.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 am

Gamemaster - Tough Stuff and Titaness

Chump barely reacted to Cindy's clap on the back, but nodded acknowledgment.
"I just wanna do something good with it, you know?" he says haltingly, "But it's so hard to know what's right sometimes. A lot of people sound like they're right. But they can't all be right." He frowns, his face set in thought.
"I dunno. But I like planting these trees. That's kinda right, right?"
OOC wrote:Feel free to add any more bits of conversation you want, but I'm going to go ahead and push on to the potential beginning of the next part.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:00 am

Gamemaster

A few days later, the four find themselves sharing a Freedom City History class. The existence of a dedicated class just to the city's history was a mildly controversial one, with some parents claiming it was self-indulgent, and that the students should be exposed to a much broader set of history, but their complaints had been overruled. After all, the students still took general history courses, and there were other optional courses for specialties in history, but the students lived in a city that had been the nexus of superhero conflict for over a century, and Headmaster Summers's position was that those who did not learn from the history would be doomed to repeat it. Today, the lecture is a bit more exciting than many, being about former villains of the city. Leeroy Hawke delivers a short speech about his time as Turbo-Boost, a less than successful power-armored villain — it's essentially the same "Stay Straight" lecture he repeatedly delivers in the primary schools about how kids should avoid becoming villains because crime doesn't pay — but the real treat is that Headmaster Summers himself has come in to discuss his time in Freedom City and his brushes with villains as a civilian.

As dry as he usually is, he's positively animated as he describes the wide variety of villains Freedom City has hosted, from the organized crime mafia to the minions of Dr. Sin to the depredations of drug lords in the 70s to more current villains, the gamut ranging from the silly to the deadly serious threats, from costumed clowns to man-eating spiders to criminals with no actual powers, but a substantial power base from which they did great evil. Occasionally, he pauses, visibly editing things that he was going to say, generally when it comes to more visceral details of how violent the conflicts could be. When he finishes, he takes a sip of water, and then nods to Mrs. Arabella Springs, the teacher. She steps forward and speaks.
"Furthering our discussion of historic villains, and to give you what Headmaster Summers considers 'valuable practical research skills', we are splitting you into groups and giving you a name. This name is associated with a villain who once operated in Freedom City, but is now no longer living." When a hand towards the back was raised, Mrs. Springs sighed and waved it down. "No, Cyrus, none of them are currently undead, either. These are all people whose identities were publicly known at the time of their death who we have since not heard from. Now, if you'll listen while I give a list of names..."

Cindy, Olev, and Irene are put into one group, along with a kid named Joshua. Hope, Ernie, and Alex (still in metal form) are on separate groups, although they make abbreviated greetings as they move to their respective groups. The slip of paper that Mrs. Springs gives them has a single name on it, "Hazel Court" and the neighborhood of "Southside". When Mrs. Springs has handed out all of the group assignments, she returns to the front of the room.
"What you have been given is the name of the former villain, and the neighborhood where they operated. Your challenge over the next week is to determine the villain's identity, and to prepare a presentation on their life and their impact on the cities. Other than keeping within legal bounds, of course, we encourage you to be creative in your approach." The schoolbell rings to dismiss the class, and Mrs. Springs smiles slightly.
"Ah, the clarion call. Well, you have your assignment. Feel free to ask me for help if you need it; I won't hold it against you."
OOC wrote:A DC 17 check for Insight suggests that Duncan Summers knows more about the hero community than he lets on, that he might have been one of their support staff or possibly formerly involved with a hero on a romantic or familial level. A DC 25 check has you certain that he must have been a hero himself. DC 30 had you realizing that the villains he describes facing fit the profile of one man, The Raven.

Otherwise, you have a name. Joshua gets a chance to introduce himself as he sees fit. If necessary, I'll do some puppeting for Olev. Otherwise, let me know what sort of approach you want to take, and we can figure out skill checks. I don't think we have anyone with Well-Informed, although I'll give Olev an opportunity to do a general Intellect check for Eidetic Memory.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:18 am

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 1 +1(After-Action Report)
Status: Normal
----------

"Heck yeah! And you'really good at that stuff too. Maybe you should get in to landscaping or something, bet you could do something there." Cindy says with a grin.

"Oh! There's some stuff over there I gotta deal with, I'll catch you later alright?" With a wave towards Chump, she dashed off to where a trashcan had fallen over.

--------
Insight: 1

She pulled a brief raspberry of frustration at the assignment given out, and pushed the card away while sliding forward onto her desk. "Research assignments are the worst. What kind of name is 'Hazel Court' anyway? Like... That invokes absolutely zero imagery at all "

With a designated sigh of defeat, the tomboy of a girl gathered up her things. "Guess there's no helping it though, huh? Urgh. Oh, right!" Suddenly reinvigorated, she stands up and extends a hand toward Joshua. "I'm Cindy, hadn't talked to you before now!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2013
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:01 am

Image
MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
History was actually a subject Joshua had a lot of interest in, given his origins. It wasn't a big part of the mental conditioning program provided by SHADOW. What low-level soldier needed to know history, city or otherwise after all? Even the assignment, as dry as it seemed, was more leaning towards his skill set, though did hit a patchy spot in his installed training... he could infiltrate, crack codes, abscond with important items... but gathering intel was some training that must have gotten broken with the control. Really just served to point out an area in which he really needed to improve, which made this a good opportunity to do exactly that.

Looking up as Cindy approached, Joshua flashes a grin. "You'd hardly be the only one, I'm still fairly new to the school after all. I'm Joshua." he reaches out and accepts Cindy's gesture.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2431
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
HP: 2
Status: Normal
----------

Her energetic smile quickly starts to become more awkward as she he's a good hard look at Josh's chissled jawline, perfectly ruffled hair, the beautiful shine of his pearl whites. That said nothing of the fact that she found herself admiring how his strong hand enveloped her own, that wonderful tenor of his voice as he spoke with such ease. It was an overall down right impossible combination of traits that made Cindy's face feel hot while her heart stammered inside her chest.

With the realization that it was far too dangerous to look at his face, the girl turned her heard to look at an exceptionally interesting poster depicting the Freedom league througout the years. Her voice came out with a stutter as she spoke, fighting hard but failing to contain the grin that wormed it's way onto her face. "We-well, welcome to Claremont then! I'll be happy to show you around, if you'd like..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1938
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: giant wing woman :lol:

"Just don't get lost around the food court like you did last time, took us a week to find that poor freshman." Irene snarked playfully seeing how Cin was reacting to the new guy--well to be fair he was a hotty so she didn't blame Cin--and deciding to be a good friend and rattle Tough Stuffs tree a bit.

Which at nearly seven feet of awesome she could do pretty easily to most people as it was. She didn't think she was all that pretty really but that hadn't stopped any number of guys from puppy dogging after her or ogling her when she worked out. She shook her head, what was it with guys and fetishes for giant super strong women?

"Irene call me Titaness in the field, its nice to meet you," she said genially offering a hand large enough to palm a basketball, and a firm handshake.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Post Reply