[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Miraculous

After 6 or 7 yards of walking carefully, the clicking stops. At the end of the hall, Miraculous notices that the wall looks slightly inset near the end, as if it were going to turn left, but otherwise, the wall looks unremarkable.
OOC wrote:I'll roll a Perception check for you. Perception check: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14 and you don't find anything.

17 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Miraculous
--REMAINING --
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 2 drones available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of next turn, 2 HP
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am

Waiting for the other bomb to catch up, Olev gulps. "I dont need them, I'll be fine by myself, right?" he says gathering the valor he needed before heading to the corridor
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:10 am

Skolldir

As you begin to cruise down the hallway, your chair shudders and settles onto its wheels, oddly silent as the flight systems power down. Something must have shorted out in the systems. The force field flickers out as well. Fortunately, you had the foresight to maintain functional wheels, although now, the power you must provide is manual.

The corridor opens up on approximately a 20 foot square room, utterly featureless other than a door to the left side as you enter. You hear the slight ping in the back of your head of the third droid coming online.
OOC wrote:Unreliable: 1D20 = [6] = 6 means no Flight this turn, so you only get 30 feet in a Move action. Unreliable (Force Field): 1D20 = [5] = 5 takes out the Force Field this round as well.

The drones trundle along with a double-move at their 15 ft move rate (due to Shrinking).

I rolled Perception for you, results in a PM. You still have either a Standard or a Move this action. Note that acting upon the results of your Perception check might require a Move action to get there, and a Standard to act.

17 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Miraculous
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 2 drones available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of next turn, 2 HP
--REMAINING --
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:13 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Cooperative(-1)
HP: 3
----------

"Eurgh..." Before deciding on anything, she turns to Titaness first. "Hey, this stuff make any sense to you?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:28 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

A dead end was way too conspicuous... there had to be more here than Hope wasn't seeing, and time was ticking.... they had about a minute and a bit left if she was keeping time well. She couldn't afford to spend too long here if it turned out to be nothing important, but she would at least try and push against the strangely inset portion of the wall to the left of the end. Come on....be a door to the bomb...!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Miraculous

Running her hands over the wall, Hope noted a section that feels different. Pressing up against it causes the wall to slide back and recess, revealing a fairly large square room with what is a recognizably a large bomb, with various bits of electronics attached to it, although you can't quite glimpse the details from the doorway.

There's a faint hum in the room, outside of the normal hearing range, but perceptible to you as an ultrasonic.
OOC wrote:Technically speaking, we're headed into your next turn, but things are running slowly enough, I'll give you this one as a Move action next turn. Perception: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 is sufficient to note, and press, the panel, opening the door to the next area.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)
Eurgh..." Before deciding on anything, she turns to Titaness first. "Hey, this stuff make any sense to you?"

Irene looked at the ancient relatively computer and was about as clueless as Cin was "It seems to run on some sort of electricity." she grumbled with a shrug.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:38 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Apprehensive(-1)
HP: 3
----------

Well, that was reassuring.

Without any more real input, Cindy concludes the only they really can do here is press the button and hope nothing explodes. "Here we go..."
Sstandard action: Press button.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Gamemaster

Replica, Titaness, and Tough Stuff hear a sudden absence of an ambient whine they hadn't even noticed, but nothing much else seems to happen.
OOC wrote:You can take me at my word that that did something. :) Does Titaness want to perform any actions this round?

17 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Miraculous (one Move action into the next round)
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 2 drones available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of next turn, 2 HP
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
--REMAINING --
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:18 pm

"Okay, so do not touch the evident trap, hm okay..." Olev mutters to himself as he tries to kickstart his chair again in order to float above the trap.


OOC: Olev will move adjacent to the pressure plate in this turn and see if the chair responds in his next turn to fly over it.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Skolldir

Slamming one fist onto the armrest of his wheelchair, Skolldir applies a minor bit of percussive maintenance, jolting the system back into action.
OOC wrote:As per my PM, Unreliable is a simple d20 roll, 1-10 and the power doesn't work. 11-20 and it does. You are welcome to roll and/or Heroic Reroll it. Unreliable roll (Flight, Force Field): 1D20 = [18] = 18; 1D20 = [13] = 13 means both are running.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:44 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Apprehensive(-1)
HP: 3
----------

Cindy glanced left, then right, then left again before finally ending it all with a shrug. "Yeah, I have no idea what that did. But it doesn't seem like there's anything else for us here soooo.... Let's get going?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Camus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 pm
Skolldir

Slamming one fist onto the armrest of his wheelchair, Skolldir applies a minor bit of percussive maintenance, jolting the system back into action.
OOC wrote:As per my PM, Unreliable is a simple d20 roll, 1-10 and the power doesn't work. 11-20 and it does. You are welcome to roll and/or Heroic Reroll it. Unreliable roll (Flight, Force Field): 1D20 = [18] = 18; 1D20 = [13] = 13 means both are running.
Skoldir advances cautiously over the pressure plate and opens the door, flying into the corridor if nothing seems out of place.

OOC: Sorry, meant to post that but got sidetracked with stuff.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Skolldir

The handle fails to turn in a way consistent with it being locked. A closer inspection shows that there is a slide-away panel with a lock beneath it. In his position, hovering over the panel, Skolldir feels the chair below him vibrate as some minor imbalance in the system heralds the possibility of another failure.
OOC wrote:The adventure lists the lock DC at 30, but that was 2E when skills were cheaper, and scaled for PL 10. DC 27 seems like it should work, giving you a 50/50 chance with your skill level.

Just for reference, this is technically an action for "next round" once Titaness has acted (which I doubt will negate anyone's actions).

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Skoldir deftly opens the panel and toys with the security access codes. "Piece of cake" he says as he slams the panel shut again and waits for the door to unlock.

OOC: I got a 27, just made it! I'll drop the post now since I might have time issues forthcoming
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply