[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)

She had gotten Replica and brought him back to help Cindy and what happens? Cindy of course does Cindy and saves herself. Irenes eye roll was epic and she nearly bonked Cin on the head but decided against it as she didn't want to hurt her hand.

She shook her head sighed a long suffering sigh and tagged along dutifully behind Replica and Tough Stuff. Waiting to see if her plan with Replica pans out any.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Gamemaster

With a roar that has a slight hint of trepidation, Replica drops to a three-point stance, and then charges forward, the lasers lighting dots on his skin, but causing no damage as he shoots forward. Nearly lost in the criss-cross of lasers, there's a loud bass bong, like a church bell falling from the top of a steeple and a sudden sizzling sound, provoking a yelp from Replica.
"The door's not quite open, but I bent it inwards and I think there's... yes!"
The lasers suddenly switch off, showing Replica slightly embedded into the door on the other end, one arm not visible, stuck into the next room.
"Titaness, can you give me a hand? Maybe just a shove more?"

Meanwhile, in the small corridor, Miraculous squeezes her way out of the tight corridor, and sees yet another long corridor to her right. It looks a bit different... the walls and floors are textured a bit differently. There's also an odd little alcove to the left from where she emerged, seeming to serve little to no purpose.

Despite his chair chugging alarmingly, Skolldir readily scooted to the console. Once there, he surveyed the symbols, and noted that they were a random mishmash of Unicode. Ignoring them, he began fiddling with the prompt and quickly found that it seems to be a minimal UNIX system. The base directory has several file names listed, and a quick scan of the keyboard shows that the V, E, L, A, R, and RETURN keys are notably more worn down, which corresponds to a REVEAL executable. Typing that command in leads to an electronic beep from the console, and a warbling sound from behind him. A quick glance over his shoulder reveals two alcoves, each with doors in them.
OOC wrote:Dr. Malsyn, don't forget the Hero Point for posting over the holidays when prompted. :)

Replica rolls for Athletics, Athletics: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23, which will let him sprint the distance to the door as a Move action. Spotting nothing on the way up, he'll do a Slam action on the door. Full movement, inanimate object, Attack roll (Slam, door): 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13, gives him a DC 32. And the door rolls Toughness save: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26. >_< Right... this is where I ought to be rolling routine saves. But it does bow the door in a bit with two degrees of success, a -1 and a hole broke in it that you can crawl through as a Move action. Fortunately, he tanks his damage save too with Toughness save (DC 20): 1D20+10-3 = [19]+10-3 = 26, so no damage for him from running into the door. DC 16 for the discharge is below his Impervious.

The controls are noted as being just inside the door with no skill check needed, so I'll let him swipe the switch, which turns off the lasers.

Miraculous navigates the tight corners, but it's slow going, so she's just on the other side of the tight squeeze with two Move actions. I need a Perception check from her about the corridor.

Skolldir makes his roll against Unreliable for the Flight of his chair (Unreliable roll: 1D20 = [20] = 20), and he can't fail the Technology check, so he readily figures out the console, dropping the two holographic walls, revealing alcoves with doors set in the wall.

19 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of his turn, one regenerating, 1 HP
Miraculous
--REMAINING --
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Mmoving right along(-1)
HP: 3
----------

Seeing the grid shut off, Cindy made an elated sound before rushing back down the now safe hallway. At the end of her rush over, she slapped a hand seemingly unconcerned with his dilemana onto his shoulder. "Nice work! Don't go thinking you've stolen my thunder for long though Replica, I call the next challenge!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:28 pm

Gamemaster

With a screech of wrenching metal, Replica tore his arm free, and waved at the hole, probably about three feet by three feet, leading into a room of some sort.
"Do you need a boost?"
OOC wrote:As per the prior bit on OOC, moving through the hole is a Move action, and I'll say a DC 20 Acrobatics check to try to go through as a Free action during your move, although failing by 5 or more will have you miss your Move action. :)

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)


"Don't egg her on she'll just dive head first into whats next all the harder."

She slipped down to a more comfy eight feet as she strolled up to them through the now laser free corridor. All the while keeping her eyes and ears open for any more trouble.


Continue to follow those two Irenes perception check _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Replica

Replica struck another hammer blow on the door, taking care to have his backswing above the crowding Cindy, and it swung the rest of the way open.
"After you," he says, and walks in a few moments later.
"Huh. Weird room shape... is that another computer in the corner up there? And a door on the other side. Hopefully, we're almost there. Less than two minutes left, I think."

Indeed, there is what looks like an old Apple IIe on a pedestal in the NE corner, and a door in the east wall. The room is about 40 feet in width, about 15 high, but with an odd bottle-neck in the middle.
OOC wrote:Attack roll (door): 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 for Replica to attack the door, DC 30. The door rolls Toughness save: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19 and bursts open. MNove action to move into the room, although not enough to cross it.

18 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
--REMAINING --
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of his turn, one regenerating, 1 HP
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:42 pm

"Skolldir to team, ice unlocked two more doors here. I'll need some backup, don't want to end like gruyere cheese again." Olev says via the comms, as he has tentatively to the door on the left. He prods the knob to see if it would open
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:01 am

Skolldir

The door, surprisingly enough, opens without event, leading Skolldir with a corridor heading off to his right. After a moment of trepidation, nothing seems to be happening. The drone skitters in behind him, and he gets telemetry indicating that the other one active is moving, albeit slowly, in his wake.
OOC wrote:A move action to the door, a move action to open it. The corridor is "North" on the map FWIW.

18 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 2 drones available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of next turn, 1 HP
--REMAINING --
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:13 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

After a little squirming and wriggling to get through the tight pass, Hope looks up the long corridor before her, spotting multiple holes dotting the walls. Could be anything, but like the hallway with the goo trap, Hope places her hand against the wall and sends out her silvery colorful "armor" to cover the walls, sinking into the holes if they are wide enough, otherwise just armoring over them. With any luck, they would be flames or more lasers or something that would break through the armor before she started moving forward. Time was of the essence and there was no time for trepidation.

[Comm]<<I am making progress up another corridor. It takes a sharp left ahead, so I don't know what's there.>> The blonde teen heroine pauses at the edge of the hall at the corner and peeks around the side, wary of traps at this point.
Standard action to armor up the hallway as discussed in PM, then move action with her automatic routine 15 athletics to jog up the hall, but she'll stop at the corner to peek around out, rather than dashing into the open.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:52 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Blunt(-1)
HP: 3
----------

As she was carelessly rushing into the new room, bat clinking on the ground behind her, she tapped a blush sticker on the left side of her mask. Her 'superhero outfit' really was super low-effort, but at least the it had some perks to it. <<I don't like you new guy, so you can do it all by yourself!>> Cindy said cheerfully in response to Skolldir. <<But good luck to you Miraculous, you've got things in the bag for sure.>> With one final tap, she turned off the microphone and foccused on the room itself.

"Hmm... It looks pretty suspicious. Also, that computer looks way outdated. What year does that guy think it is? 1805?" Slowing down in her pace as she brushed past the boy, she went to take a closer look at the dated piece of hardware.
Athetlics for 60 foot move: 27
Standard: ?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Miraculous

As Miraculous armors the walls, she feels the additional itch of multiple surfaces, including where she'd armored the former corridor, but it's manageable. Her sprint takes her through the corridor, where she hears muted gurgling as some liquid sprays out of the surfaces, and is rebuffed by her construct, draining into holes of the corridor's surface. At the corner, she pauses long enough to look down what seems to be another featureless corridor, ending in what might be a dead-end at the other side. Nothing else sticks out to her about the corridor.
OOC wrote:By my count, you have 15 more feet of movement if you want to continue on.
Tough Stuff

A quick jog brings Tough Stuff to the side of the computer. It has two options:

Code: Select all

1) Extradimensional Energy Interdiction Field Shut-down
2) View Security Camera Output (authorization required.
OOC wrote:The second option requires a DC 20 Technology check to access.

18 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 2 drones available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of next turn, 2 HP
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
--REMAINING --
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1899
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:46 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Very smart(-1)
HP: 3
----------

While it may have been only a second or two in real time, for Cindy looking at the two options on the computer screen seemed to suck her into a spiral of confusion that could've lasted for days. In the end, she had to consent to the fact that she had no idea what the first meant, nor anywhere near the right skills to try cracking a computer's password. "Eh.... Hey you two, what's a..." She leaned down toward the monitor, squinting behind her mask. "Ex-tra-di-men-sion-al Energy In-ter-dic-tion field...? It's saying I could shut it down if I wanted too. Oh, and there's an option for camera feeds! But... i don't know the password."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

[Comm]<<I found a hallway that seems to end in a deadened....but given the circumstances, it might lead somewhere. I'm going to give it a closer look.>> And with that, Hope continues down the corridor cautiously.
Yeah, she'll use the rest of her movement. If she armors up this hall, she'll probably miss anything she might need to see.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Gamemaster

As Miraculous makes her way down the hall, she keeps hearing clicks with each step she takes, but nothing seems to be happening.

Replica frowns. I don't really know much about computers... But ultimately, their tech guy was off in another room, so maybe this was the best that could be done. He walked up alongside Cindy and started trying some passwords.
"Interdiction... wasn't that something the Empire ships did in Star Wars books to keep people from going to light speed?"

After several tries, he sighed and stepped back.
"Beats me. But it's just cameras, right? Unless there's something tricky going on here..."
OOC wrote:Replica moves to by Cindy and makes an attempt at cracking the password. Untrained Technology check: 1D20+2 = [11]+2 = 13 fails.

Miraculous finished her movement from last turn, so you're still good for this turn.

17 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
--REMAINING --
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 2 drones available, 1 drone regenerated at the end of next turn, 2 HP
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1783
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope continues down the hallway, wondering at the source of that clicking sound. She tries to keep a sharp eye open for what might be the cause of it, as well as anything else sticking out of the ordinary for this extraordinary dungeon.
Gonna continue on and make some kind of check?

Post Reply