[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Gamemaster

Bemused, Replica nodded assent, and gamely jogged toward the corridor where Cindy was apparently trapped.
"Don't know what she thinks I can do," he mutters under his breath, moving past the remains of the robots, and Skolldir's drone, listlessly scanning the room, awaiting orders.

Back in the room past the glue guns, Miraculous is confronted with a rougly rectangular room, featureless save a console on the far wall, which sports a green-tinged monitor with what looks like a command prompt, and an attached keyboard, as well as a liberal festooning of signal lights notated with obscure symbols.
OOC wrote:With your Proportionate Create 10, the floors, walls, and ceilings are about 1000 square feet. An inch and a half or so should give you Toughness 3 with the layering.

Replica's Athletics: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13 is insufficient to sprint, but he's double-moving.

21 rounds left
Miraculous
Replica: -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, carrying 1 drone's remains
--REMAINING --
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:00 pm

"I'm almost done here with this my friends," Olev began, as he stripped wires with his bare teeth at the same time that he screws the plating to the contraption he's working on. "I'll give you guys this so you can go through the lasers unharmed and rescue Cindy. I'll have to go to the other corridor, I'll only slow you down in my current state. Perhaps there is another corridor I can take." he says. "Oh, and while you wait, can you take those cores to the other piles of junk? Thanks." he finishes speaking, employing his mouth again to strip another wire of its plastic coating.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Replica

Replica, huffing slightly, spoke into his communicator.
"Cores? I mean, we do have junk here, bashed up the robots real good, but did we have apples too? What's this supposed to be doing? And is this more important than what Titaness wanted me to do over there? Titaness?"

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:56 pm

"As a rule of thumb, anything I say is more important than anything else." Olev replied factually. "The cores are those shiny little orbs among the scraps of my lovely droids. Put them on new piles of junk and they will do the rest." he explained. "I could explain it even simpler if you need me to." he adds, spitting out a piece of plastic.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)

"The lasers arent harming the walls or floor Figured you could mimic the wall material and just stroll right through them." she answered as she led Replica to where Cindy was her long legs eating up space easilly.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2343
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Hey!!(-1) (Fatigued start of next turn)
HP: 3
----------

"What, rescue me? Whoa whoa hey, I'm not the one supposed to be rescued here, I'm the one who rescues YOU! Agh, damnittt!"
Cindy rages, punching a fist into one of the walls while gripping one in front of her face. So fine, she made a mistake, but that doan't mean everyone had to rush over to her. She was a big girl, she could handle this herself!

Twisting her neck until it popped, she felt a shiver rush down her skin as she looked back to where the lasers were previously. Bullet-proof, laser-proof, same damn thing!

Cindy looked down the passageway and gave a simple declerstion. "I don't get rescued, I rescue myself!" With her piece said, she then started to rush right back down there path and through all the laser grids a second time.
Power stunt: "Practically Bullet-proof: Second chance (Firearms)" to "Practically Laser-Proof: Second Chance (Energy Beams)"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:48 am

Gamemaster

Cindy, forged with steely resolve, bulled through the lasers, barely feeling their heat until she was beside Skolldir.
"What, rescue me? Whoa whoa hey, I'm not the one supposed to be rescued here, I'm the one who rescues YOU!

Almost too soon, she was by the wheelchair-bound inventor, feeling fairly fine, if a bit fatigued.
"Agh, damnittt! ... I don't get rescued, I rescue myself!"

Meanwhile, Replica skids to a halt by the corridor.
"So... you want me to try to borrow this wall's properties?" He reaches toward the walls and touches them. With a grunt, he turns into an oddly iridescent metallic form.
"Oof... I feel, um, odd?" He reached one hand out, and let the lasers player over it.
"I guess maybe they don't hurt me? Nothing like this happened in the attract screen."
OOC wrote:I'll take Tough Stuff's and Titaness's partial actions at face value, with Cindy simply moving to by Skolldir and Titaness keeping pace with Replica.

Replica moves to the wall and absorbs its essence as Enhanced Str 8, Enhanced Str 2 - Limited to Lifting, Immunity 10 Life Support, Protection 7 Impervious 4, -2 FGT, -2 AGI, Immunity 5 (Laser Damage) as a Power Stunt, immediately using a Hero Point to compensate for Fatigue.

20 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left?
--REMAINING --
Miraculous
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, carrying 1 drone's remains, 1 round into 10 rounds inventing
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness (Fatigued next turn)
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Olev almost dropped his invention as Cindy stomps back into the room they were all in. Spitting a piece of plastic coating he looks over at Cindy "If you could do that then why didn't you, dimwit?! I had to tear my chair to device something to go in and rescue you! No consideration for the handicapped, have you?" He curses in the harsh tones of his home country. "Whatever, you two go through the lasers, we'll go through somewhere else. I guess we save some time this way..." he adds in frustration as he violently introduces the droid core into the half cooked device he was working on.

OOC: I'll forfeit the inventing and use the scrap to fuel the droid remains I'm carrying. Then move to retrieve one more core and go to another pile of scrap.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Gamemaster

Replica experimentally waves his hand into the lasers, and noted how they just kind of stopped there, with no pain.
"Well, one of two things," he says with mock cheer, "Either that worked, or I'm going to pull a Cindy when I step in there."
OOC wrote:I'm copacetic with that course of action. I dropped a marker on the map for the regenerating drone. There's also a functional one in black in the larger room, with you on top of where the red one, involving the body, was. I think I may have mixed up the locations a bit when I was copying and pasting tokens, but unfortunately, there's no history. If I did make an error, I think it was in your favor, moving the destroyed drone closer to you, allowing you to get to it and pick it up in a single turn.

20 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left?
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, 1 drone regenerating, 1 HP, carrying one drone's remains
--REMAINING --
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness (Fatigued next turn)
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:32 am

Gamemaster

Replica glanced back at Tough Stuff, and grimaced.
"Sorry. I shouldn't be teasing you, especially after having to deal with Miss Manners over there. I know you're probably smarting after that, mentally and physically."

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:46 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope puzzled over the weird symbols on the lights. The keyboard and monitor were obvious enough, but she didn't understand any of the symbols on the lights, and they seemed likely to be the key factor of whatever puzzle was here annnnnd she was stumped. Why wouldn't have been one of those easy peg puzzles...

[Over the comm]<<Hey guys...this puzzle is way over my head. I don't know what any of these symbols mean. It probably has something to do with the computer here if one of you savvy types want to take a crack at it. I'll leave the hallway armored, so the trap should stay neutralized. I'm going to move on to another area.>>

And with that, she hustled back down the trapped hallway and around the curve to try the short corridor in the middle to examine it more closely.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:32 pm

"I'll take a crack at it." replies Olev. When he is done with his droids, he will move out towards Miraculous location, escorted by the walking bombs.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Gamemaster

Moving at a steady run, it doesn't take long for Miraculous to traverse the corridors, until she comes up slightly short. After a diagonal jag, and two sharp left turns, the corridor clearly narrows down to less than a foot in diameter. It looks like it turns right about ten feet down, the turn no less narrow than the rest.
OOC wrote:Assuming routine Athletics, you cover the distance right up to what's described above. It's a DC 15 Sleight of Hand (available untrained with just Agility in this case) check to navigate the corner. I'll give you a +2 for your ranks in Acrobatics as I figure it's probably enough to give you an edge. Movement speed is limited to 10 feet per action for Medium-sized characters.

And both you and Skolldir do get a Hero Point. I'll resolve Skolldir's action to move to the console next turn, although if he wants to roll the Unreliable on his chair's Flight, it will save time.

20 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Custom metal form, 1 HP left.
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, 1 drone regenerating, 1 HP, carrying one drone's remains
Miraculous
--REMAINING --
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness (Fatigued next turn)
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2343
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Harumph(-1)
HP: 2
----------

"Hmph." She huffed, arms crossed and looking the least bit threatening with how ragged her clothes are by now. "I'm fine! Come on, let's just past this hallway already. Can you find a lever or something on the other side?"

She starts to move back over to the laser grid, but stops before going through completely and looks over to Replica. It seemed that while she may've managed to make it out, she wasn't that eager to walk back in again so soon.
Ddon't want to move far, if she intends to tag along with Replica. HP to avoid fatigue.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3->4->3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope grimaces slightly as the corridor narrows off sharply. Better than the computer puzzle I suppose.. she thought blandly to herself and tried to make as swift progress as her slender frame can through the tight squeeze.

Post Reply