[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Miraculous

Beating the robot like a rented snare drum, Miraculous easily overcomes its defenses with her flurry of blows, and leaving it broken at her feet and continues on to Skolldir's side.
OOC wrote:That beats the target defense by enough to add a +2 from Multi-Attack, for DC 23. Toughness: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 falls short and the leftmost robot is down. Map is updated.

Skolldir is up next.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 pm

"My precious robots!" Laments Skolldir, who seems more concerned about the droids than his own personal safety. He reaches out to the now scrapped pile of junk each of them are, and takes a shiny blue core, this object he places over the remains of the defeated robots. As they take contact with the new source of metal, the cores glow and what seems like sand seeps out of them and begin to degrade the metal and reform it into the walking mines.

OOC: Picking up as many cores from the downed droids and put them near the source of scrap metal. Those adjacent to a downed robot should recover in 2 turns.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Gamemaster

Skolldir scoops up the remains of one of his fallen robots, the one who'd been sniped from his side, and moves to a pile of debris from one of the robots that had been taken down. Dropping the drone into the slightly smoking pile of plastic and metal, he was gratified to see that the broken body of his drone was actively pulling in the metal from the robot's body, rebuilding itself.

Meanwhile, the two remaining robots swiveled and directed combined fire at Replica, driving him to one knee for a moment before he surged back to his feet, with the only evidence of damage being a section of his metal skin showing fire-polished bright under his singed uniform.
OOC wrote:As per the OOC, you should be able to get to one of the bots with your drone's remains with two Move actions, one to pick up the drone and one to walk there, with a Free action to drop it.

The robots decide to attack the last person to damage them, concentrating fire on Replica. Attack Roll (Team Attack on Replica): 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12; 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24 has only one hit for DC 21. Replica's first roll of Toughness save: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12 would be bad. HP Reroll of Toughness save (HP Reroll): 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21 is just enough to avoid damage.

Titaness is up next.

24 rounds left
10 - Miraculous
10 - Skolldir: -3 to Toughness
10 - Robots (x2)
-- NEXT --
9 - Titaness: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses
9 - Replica: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses
3 - Tough Stuff

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:23 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)

Irene tried to keep her cool and focus but the annoying little robots kept skittering away from her staying just out of reach as she tried to scrap them and keep them from scrapping her friends and herself in the process.

_: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
sigh CCs taken a dislike to irene for some reason

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Replica
HP: 2, -3 to Toughness


As the robot leaps back to avoid Titaness's mighty swing, Replica's steel fist catches it in the back of its head, shattering it in a spray of plastic and metal.
"Pincer attack, right?" he says to Titaness cheerfully.

Meanwhile, Cindy's sprint brings her to the edge of the room. Just one robot left! It'd be a tough shot, pegging him with both Titaness and Skolldir standing in the way, but anything worth doing...
OOC wrote:Attack Roll (robot): 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 will hit. Toughness save: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11 fails the save. One more robot down.

Tough Stuff, as per the prior description, sprints to get to the melee. Unfortuantely, even with the Athletics check, it will take both actions just to get to melee range. I've placed your marker for a single sprint Move action if you instead want to use the Standard to throw a baseball. Otherwise, let me know.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Rescue Time!
HP: 2
----------

Cindy skid to a stop as soon as she saw the robots in the room, and was entirely pumped to try tossing the ball right into it's stupid dumb face. Except, she slipped at the last moment on a stray ball-bearing and her shot ended up way off. "Aw come on! That was supposed to be my big heroic dramatic entrance!"
11
*Cries*
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:28 pm

Gamemaster

The hurled baseball hurled across the room, but flew wide as the remaining robot sidestepped, and was reflexively caught by Replica on the other side.
OOC wrote:That would indeed be a miss.

Miraculous is up next.

23 rounds left
-- NEXT --
10 - Miraculous
10 - Skolldir: -3 to Toughness
10 - Robots (x2)
9 - Titaness: -3 to Toughness
9 - Replica: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses
3 - Tough Stuff

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:11 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Carrying on from the momentum of her last attack, Hope lays into the last robot before her with both armored sticks, trying to take it out of commission before it hurts anyone more.
Armored Sticks Attack (+10, DC21, Multiattack, Improved Crit 1): 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17 Last one was 2 degrees success on the hit...so... maybe a hit?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Miraculous

Hope spun around and struck the remaining robot several times with her sticks. She was unable to deliver such a torrent of blows as she had before, this robot more agilely dodging and parrying her strikes, but it nonetheless fell under her assault and soon the room was quiet other than the hastened breath of the heroes, the occasional pop or low hum from the fallen mechanical bodies, and a persistent low-level squeak of bending metal as one of Skolldir's drones started to form from the metal it was now ensconced in.
OOC wrote:That does indeed hit, but with no additional degrees of success, for DC 21. Toughness: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 is a failure, and the final robot, as minion, is down.

Everyone is back out of initiative, and can act in whatever order. Everyone has two actions left except Hope, who has a Move action left. Skolldir's drone is half recovered, and will be active next round.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Pumped Up!
HP: 2
----------

She almost stood there blankly, but a flash of urgency resulted in her slamming her own bat against her face at full force with a brief yell of determination as she rushed over to hope and hooked an arm around the older girl's own. "Ah come on! We don't have time to stand around anymore. Miracle-girl, come on let's keep going what we were going!"

With that, this time it was her who was half-dragfinf half-running full speed towards the hallway they were originally ruahing down. Pausing for a moment, she whipped around and pointed her now slightly dented weapon at the group. "Hey! Good luck, all of you! The school's counting on us here, so let's all do a good job!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Tough Stuff

Running at a dead sprint, Cindy quickly found the rest of the corridor... and it wasn't pretty. There were no robot enemies. However, the corridor, probably 5 feet wide, and 50 feet long, is criss-crossed by multiple narrow beams of red light. When you're only five feet away, a stray fly --Odd that you haven't seen any them since The Bug was disappeared -- veers into a beam and incinerates very noisily, leaving nothing but ash. On the bright side, the lasers aren't moving, and there are clearly gaps enough that a person willing to move at a crawl should be able to inch their way through. Ernie would probably have had no difficulty at a smaller size... shame he wasn't here. As it is, your momentum is still carrying you forward.
OOC wrote:With the Athletics check you gave me in the PM, you reach the mouth of the corridor with about 25 feet left in your Move and you still have another action. Given it's Cindy, I don't want to make assumptions as to whether you stop or not.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Tough Stuff - Continued

Secure in her perceived invulnerability, Cindy barely checked her speed and charged into the storm of lasers. They barely tickled. For the first ten feet. The next five, she started to feel overly warm, like she'd sat out too long in the sun. Then, while pushing through a scarlet beam, she felt pain. It's instant, and searing, as the laser slices through her clothing at waist-height. When she staggers to the wall, where there's a moment of respite free of lasers, she finds that the front of her shirt has been converted to a belly-shirt, revealing her stomach, the edges of the fabric singed and the skin below reddened and sporting little white blisters in a continuous line.
OOC wrote:Using your four rolls (10, 27, 27, 18), the first and second ones are soaked by Impervious. The third and fourth are not. Your third Toughness save of 27 is sufficient for no damage. The fourth Toughness save is not, giving you a -1 to further Toughness saves and a Dazed result. You have 5 feet left in your move action if you want to keep pushing forward, but unless you eliminate the Dazed by using a Hero Point to reroll or to remove Dazed, that's where your movement ends.

And go ahead and take a Hero Point for charging in all twenty feet.

23 rounds left
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness, Dazed
--REMAINING --
Miraculous (Move action left)
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness
Replica: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Shocked (-1, Dazed)
HP: 3
----------

Pain...? It's been so long since she actually felt something even close to it, that Cindy had forgotten what it felt like. Turns out, that pain hurts. Pain really, really hurts.

She pressed her fingers against the blisters with hesitstion, eyes wide in shock. Then she slowly, shaking turned towards where Hope was in safety of a non murderous passageway. "H... Help...."
She's too scared to try finishing her movement, or to try going backwards. So EOT for her.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:06 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

After beating down the last robot, Hope was looking to make sure there were no more when Cindy snapped her out of the moment, urging her to catch up with her back along the corridor they'd come up from. <<Right! You guys take care! Shout if you find the bomb!>> she calls out as she hustles back towards Cindy.
Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm
"H... Help...."
<<Cindy? What happened?>>
Even with her DC15 athletics check, I don't think she gets quite far enough up that hallway to see what the lasers do to Cindy

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:30 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Shocked (-1, Dazed)
HP: 3
----------

"The... The lasers! They're a lot more powerful then they look and... And they really really hurt!" She yells. When was the last time she actually felt real pain like this? "I'm not bleeding but...! Don't come over here, they'd cut you to ribbons!"

A shaky hand still on her abdomen, she looks towards the end of the hallway on the off chance that something over there resembles a switch or lever.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply