[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:55 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

<<Sorry, sorry! We just don't have time to spare...or maybe we do, but we don't know where anything is and there could be->>

Hope flinches as she is cut off coming up short on a dead end and the loud metallic "CLANG" of a portcullis dropping into place behind them, punctuated by the mocking laugh. <<-....traps...>>

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm

CND: -3, dazed

Another blaster caught Skoldir in his arm, and he winces in pain yet again. "Now!" he cries out and the tiny droid explodes in a shower of fire and shrapnel! The deflective plates have configure to bring cover to its creator and Replica.

19 so I take another wound. With his standard action he summons a walking bomb, The other bomb, as a free action switches to Detonate, and as it is surrounded by enemies, triggers it. 30 ft Area damage DC 21, selective to affect only the enemies, dodge save of 16 to reduce damage to DC 18.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)

Irene saw the robots and raised a foot to step on them but didn't feel anything but floor beneath her foot when it landed.

irenell step on one

_: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
or not :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 am

Skolldir

Titaness barreled into the room and attempted to stomp one of the robots flat. It rolls out of the way with an agility belying its robotic construction as Skolldir rapidly adjusts the directives to the about-to-explode drone to avoid catching Titaness in the blast. With a fierce roar of fire, almost concurrent with the sound of laser fire, it exploded, briefly washing out the view of the room. When it passed, Skolldir was left blinking as he noticed no drones present by him anymore... and a feeble beeping behind him as the signal winked out on the one he'd dropped just now. There were three robots now, with a fourth smoldering at the entrance to the passage with the ominous nozzles, and both Replica and Titaness were reeling from the laser blasts that had caught them in the chest from two of the remaining robots.
OOC wrote:Dodge/Toughness saves for the robots against DC 16/21(18): Dodge Save; Toughness Save: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23; 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21; 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10; 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18; 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

Amazingly enough, three of the four pass. Since there are three of them left, one will target the remaining drone, and one each on Replica and Titaness. The one on Titaness will do a PA 2 since she seems like a bigger target.
Attack roll: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17; 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 and Attack roll: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14. And all three hit. I'll roll for the drone and for Replica, both against DC 21. Toughness roll: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11; 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23. No damage for Replica, but the drone is down and out.

Titaness is up after a DC 23 Toughness save, and then Replica.

And Tough Stuff and Miraculous have their actions outside of initiative.

25 rounds left
10 - Skolldir: -3 to Toughness
10 - Robots (x3)
-- NEXT --
9 - Titaness: -3 to Toughness (DC 23 Toughness save pending)
9 - Replica: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: Fatigued

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:42 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Trapped(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------

"Aw man, if I was just a little bit slower I could've been hit by that thing!" She said, sounding alarmingly disappointed. Having an iron door slam down on het is something she's never experienced, and she was curious about what it would've felt like. Probably no feeling at all, honestly. If calling off a building won't hurt her, why would some rusty gate?

"Seems we're stuck... That blows. Uh, literally I guess. Man, if only I was super-strong too..." With a sigh, the girl prepares to slide down the wall and accept her fate. Yet when she was halfway down it she stopped, catching something out of the corner of her eye.

"Huh? What kinda weird crappy craftsmanship is that! One of those bricks doesn't look right at all." With a gesture of her bat, she points to a brick that seems to be more lightly colored then the others. "You'd think they wouldn't overlook stuff like that, if they're really cosmic beans or whatever."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope was already pacing around the little cell trying to figure something out, how she might be able to contact the others...but she didn't know exaaaactly where they were to project her sound out, so she might well be shouting at nothing...she needed to be able to see them to send her voice that way. She was starting to give up and suggest just hammering on the bars and trying to make noise the others might hear when Cindy mentions the off-color brick.

<<Maybe they didn't overlook it...this place is designed after a game after all...maybe we're supposed to notice it. So the question is, will it help us, or will it trigger a trap?>> she considers the options....they keep looking around hoping to find something else, or they push the button, and hope that whatever happens with it, the portcullis opening is part of it. <<I say we try and activate whatever it is...maybe push it? I'm sure we can deal with whatever it can throw at us if it's a trap, and we have no other options at the moment. It might just be the only way out.>>
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:07 pm

Miraculous and Tough Stuff

Even as Hope suggests trying pushing the brick, Cindy is darting forward and punching it with a flat palm. It depresses and part of the wall retracts into the floor, revealing a long corridor, about 40 feet, but only five feet wide, the walls ceiling and floor all the same textured metal as elsewhere in the maze. Within the corridor, there's a lever set into the wall to your left, and it looks like there's a corresponding lever on the other side, down the hall.
OOC wrote:Since Doctor Malsyn indicated in the OOO topic that Cindy would go for it. I'm going to count that as a single Move action to move to the wall and manipulate it (TIL 3E eliminated the "free 5 foot step"), which leaves Cindy with one Standard and Miraculous with a Move and a Standard.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Trapped(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------

"Voila!" She declares with all the pride of someone who solved one of life's grestest mysteries. "Nothin' too it. So, there's levers in here too then..."
I can use my standard to take a secxond move action, right? I'll use it to move into the room and approach a level- no touching it yet.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope hops back with her sticks up and glowing when the wall rises, but eases off when she sees nothing but the long corridor and the levers beyond. <<Huh..I wish I was better at the puzzle games and such...I might have a better idea of what those letters were for, or these levers...>> Looking at the two levers, and thinking about the sequence of letters... <<I wonder if we're supposed to flip them in a certain order...I mean, without some other clue, all we can do is try something and that's the best I've got. I'll head down to the other end..if that's the "right" lever, and this is the "left" lever, we'd want to start with that one.>>

And without wasting any more time, the blue-clad heroine squeezes past Cindy and jogs along down the hallway and grabs the lever, putting both of her fighting sticks in one hand. Looking back towards Cindy she figuratively calls back. <<Ready? I'll flip this one, and if that doesn't do anything, try flipping that one three times, okay?>>

*Flip*
As established, Hope has Athletics mastery and enough athletics to get the DC15 to get an extra rank of movement to get herself to the other end of the hall and standard to flip the switch.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Miraculous

When Hope throws the switch, the wall in front of her slides into the floor, revealing what looks like a corridor veering diagonally left before her. She can also hear the sound of pitched battle to her right, where the hallway looks to open up in a passage going that way.
OOC wrote:If you do plan on entering battle, please roll initiative.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope is.... aghast.... to say the least. It seemed way too easy, but now hearing the sound of combat, she peeks around the corner, seeing her classmates. <<Cindy! Come quick! The others are fighting robots without us!>>
Initiative : 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10 Could have been better, but...well, it seems EVERYONE rolled poorly on that. She still ties for first lol.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)

Irene held up a hand and the laser blast splashed off her car sized palm with only a mild heat. She then slammed said hand down on top of the robot only for the bloody thing to scuttle sideways out of reach.

"HOLD STILL when I try to squash you darnit!!"

Titanesses toughness save _: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
makes it no problem

More aggressive punch this time all out attack option _: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
sheesh cant hit the westbound side of an eastbound elephant it seems :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:37 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Rescue Time!
HP: 3>2
----------

"Huh?!" She exclaims, though not hearing the sound right away like Miraculous did. "What, no way! I'm not gonna let some dumb robots hurt my friends! Come on, let's get going already, we're wasting time standing around here."

Every ounce of tiredness seems to have faded from her the instant she believed her friends were in trouble, and started off at a run down the corridor, trying to make her way to the scene of the incident as quickly as possible.
I beleive I can use athletics to try and move faster, as we tried before? Gonna make an attempt at that.
Athletics: 19
Initiative: 3
Well... She may get there quick, but she's certainly not the first one up to bat.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:42 am

Gamemaster

Replica throws another sledgehammer blow, this one connecting and sending a robot flying back into the wall, where it slumps, broken.
"That's one for me," Replica says, "Skolldir's already got two of them, I think, based on the wreckage."
OOC wrote:Replica will take another swing. Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 will hit, and Toughness save: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 is a failure. Two robots left.

Tough Stuff and Miraculous can move 12 squares as a Move action with their Athletics check. Miraculous is at the top of the initiative order due to a higher bonus.

24 rounds left
-- NEXT --
10 - Miraculous
10 - Skolldir: -3 to Toughness
10 - Robots (x2)
9 - Titaness: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses
9 - Replica: -3 to Toughness, -2 to Defenses
3 - Tough Stuff

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

<<The calvary has arrived!>> Hope declares as she charges out of the corridor, batons armored and glowing, heading for the nearest robot to assault it with a flurry or rapid stick strikes before dashing past, keeping her momentum until she got to Skolldir's side. It looked like he was having some trouble, so some reinforcements to divert some robot attention seemed like a good idea,
She already had her sticks armored before since this was a dangerous situation from the start, and she can easily make it to the nearest robot to her in her movement with the athletics check, and then just: Armored Sticks: Enhanced Attack (Escrima Sticks) (Strength-Based Damage 4, Feature(Generates light), Improved Critical, Multiattack 4, Activation(Move), Quirk(Requires wielding paired sticks), Quirk(Being disarmed requires reactivation)

Armored Sticks Attack (+10, DC21, Multiattack, Improved Crit 1): 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply