[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: A bit confused(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------

The girl stared blankly at the cutouts, her brows tightly nit together in absolute confusion. When Miraculous spoke up to break her out of her apparent mood, she found her earlier concern completely vanished upon looking over. "Oh, hey. You're not vaporized, that's great-!"

Suddenly she found herself practically pulled off her feet once Hope got moving. Unsurprizing or not, Cindy was exceptionally light and easy to drag behind. "No offense, but there's like, no way you'd be able to hit me awake. ...Then again, he did hit me with a hammer to put me to sleep right? So maybe if it was like, a wake up stick... Hold on a minute! Did he say nuclear devestation?!"
Following along behind hope as best she can manage.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Tough Stuff and Miraculous

Miraculous briskly jogs along, Cindy's stubby legs pumping furiously to keep up, providing a minor drag as she stumbled in Hope's wake. Up, cut left, navigate a winding passage, and... dead end. Nothing about the corridor looks any different here other than the wall, stubbornly in your way, although... those scratches might be letters...
OOC wrote:3e lacking rules for such a situation (short of an actual Grab and drag), I'll cut the differences between your two movement speeds, and give you 45 feet, which coincidentally brings you to the apparent end of the passage.

It's a free action to read the wall:
RLLLRRLLRXRRL

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:19 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

As the two hustle along as fast as Cindy can manage with Hope's assistance, Hope fills the other girl in. <<There is at least one explosive down here we need to defuse. it's like some kind of Crawlways and Corridors game, with traps and puzzles we need to solve to get to the objective, but we've got less than three minutes, so we need to hurry. We're not really sure where "here" is, so the explosion might only vaporize us, or it could vaporize the city if it's right over top of us.>>

Hope comes up short and peers at the dead end and the literal writing on the wall. <<It looks like some kind of code, but it only has Ls and Rs and one X. Maybe it's directions? But then wouldn't the X be at the end to 'mark the spot?' or maybe there's a panel of buttons somewhere with left and right buttons and an X button. You think maybe this could have something to do with the bomb? Do you have anything to write this down T.S.? Oh I know! Give me your bat for a second!>>
Basically going to use Cindy's bat as surface to "write" using her precise create object and hope that we don't run into something Cindy needs to smash which could break the writing. Since that would be a standard action, that would be happening on the next turn

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:04 am

Replica
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: -3 Toughness


Replica gave the door a baleful glare.
"OK, count of three?" Hearing the sound of what might be lasers on the other side, and Skolldir's panicked message, he quickly counted to three and then gave the door another big boot. This time, the door slams open, hanging a bit crooked on the hinges. Replica followed by charging in, skidding to a halt and staring into the room.
"Oh shoot..." As the robots raise their guns, he waves his hands in negation. "Not a suggestion! Not a suggestion!" Nevertheless, he dashed into the room, waving his arms, looking to draw fire from his paraplegic classmate.
OOC wrote:He's doing the no-roll version for a DC 25 Toughness save for the door. Toughness: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13. That's three degrees of failure, enough to "punch a hole", which I figure is enough to knock a door open if not demolish it. He'll then do a move action into the room.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:55 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-4 bruised)

Irene growled low and then threw her foot out at the same time as Replica making sure this time to aim her kick.

Same for her as she boots the door same time

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:33 pm

OOC wrote:That boosts the damage by 2, just barely missing four degrees of failure.

26 rounds left
10 - Skolldir: 2:48 / -1 to Toughness (DC 21 Toughness save pending)
10 - Robots (x4)
9 - Replica: -3 to Toughness
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: Fatigued
Titaness: -4 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 pm

CND: -2, dazed

The young inventor sees himself in a dire predicament. Returning to the maze of walls could be potentially deadly, but the alternative is being trapped in a room with 4 deadly robots. His own bots didnt fare that well, and now they are shooting at him! He rams foward, trying to avoid the shots, but one laser beam hits him in the arm! Not good not good! His flying wheelchair started to tilt dangerously to one side to straightens again at the last second. Olev started to freak out, but could hold his mind clear, and managed to deal with the pain by pressing his hand against the wound. Strategy time.
Now positioned amidst the robots, he releases another droid from his flying wheelchair. This one however did not sprout any machine gun noozels. It armed itself, pressing against the floor.

Ok, so skoldir uses his move action to get in the middle of the robots. He fails his toughness by 2 degrees, which means he takes an injury and is dazed. Also, he is subject to "Not as I expected!" but his will save is a success. He also has to roll dodge not to fall from the chair. a 21 likely saves? With his standard action he summons a walking bomb, which as a free action on its turn will switches to Detonate, and as it is surrounded by enemies, triggers its detonate. 30 ft Area damage DC 21, dodge save of 16 to reduce damage to DC 18.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: A bit confused(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------

Crawlways and Corridors? She had no idea whatever game that was, but Cindy nodded as of she did when it was mentioned. Puzzle games and her never really got along, nor most video games in general really. Outdoors was the place for her, rain or shine. The very fact that she wasn't good with puzzles in a situation as dire as this though frustrated her to no end.

"Huh, my bat?" She spoke with a pinched look in her eyes. "Yeah, sure I guess you can use it. Not gonna get a much writing done with that thing though!"

Of course, she didn't tell her that this was technically the school's bat, as well as the school's baseballs in her bag too. She had sets of her own, but rushing back to her dorm and digging through her stuff pick them up would've been too much of a hassle. The gym bag was right there and already set up, so why not take it? Not like she wasn't planning on putting them back. Cindy was simply borrowing them. And using them to smash robots. Coach would probably understand.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Replica

Seeing a new target, two of the robots turned toward Replica and started firing away as he charged in, while the other two split their attentions between Skolldir and his drone. Replica ducks the crossfire and swings a sloppy roundhouse punch at the robot immediately in front of him upon rising back up. The robot evades the punch with mechanical ease, and begins to raise it's gun to fire again.

Meanwhile, Skolldir finds that the security systems are definitely not letting up on the pressure on him. While his drone successfully dodges the incoming fire, he's not as lucky.
OOC wrote:I'll go ahead and roll Initiative for Titaness, since she's basically in the room and in combat. Technically speaking, you're already up, Catsi, so feel free to post an action and then we'll have you at the top next turn.

Attack roll: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13; 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8; 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26; 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9 will miss everyone but Skolldir... still no crit, because it's a minion. You have another DC 21 Toughness save. Replica will punch the robot nearest him, but Attack roll (AoA 2): 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14 misses.

26 rounds left
10 - Skolldir: 2:48 / -2 to Toughness, Dazed (DC 21 Toughness save pending)
10 - Robots (x4)
9 - Titaness: -3 to Toughness
9 - Replica: -3 to Toughness, -2 on defenses
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: Fatigued
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:34 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope takes the bat from Cindy and focuses her powers along the surface of it where a small glowing construct takes shape. Normally, she would wrap the whole thing in that psychic "hard sound" armor that she creates, but in this case, she was only crafting a small, simple shape of the letters along an underline to tie them together. Without paper and something to write with, this was the best she could come up with for the specific sequence of letters.

<<Okay T.S., I've got the letter sequence down on here, so try to be careful with it. My constructs aren't nearly as tough as you are after all. Let's go back to the main hall and take the other left corridor further up, the others all took the right-hand side.>>

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Tough Stuff and Miraculous

This time pushing as much as pulling, Hope wrestled Cindy back down the passageway and up toward the left branch.
OOC wrote:You'll come up a bit short on getting to the left passage, although if you both make a DC 15 Athletics check, you'd double your respective speeds, which would put your averaged speed at 45 feet per Move action.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Hope makes that on a routine check and has Skill Mastery in Athletics.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-4 bruised)

Her foot connected at the same time as Replicas metal foot enough to knock the door ajar if not completely off its hinges as shed hoped. This whole thing was bewildering to her but still the sight of robots with lasers blasting at school mates was something she was quicker to put in to context. As she stepped into the room she found the ceiling nice and roomy and so stepped up to her full height with a snap and crack of lightning cascading over her body.


Free action to her full height as she enters the room _: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
:lol: :lol: :lol: BWAHAHAHAH ah well if you have to roll a 1 let it be on initiative :P

Also she should've regened something by this point
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Fatigued(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------
Athetlics: 13
"Urgh.... Hey, slow down a little would you? I'm super-adorable, not super speedy!" She huffs, that earlier attempt of knocking that clown senseless having a much more severe effect on her then initially expected.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Miraculous and Tough Stuff

With Hope pouring on the speed, and dragging Cindy along for the ride as her little legs nearly windmilled to try to keep up, and occasionally left the ground, they pushed on and suddenly found themselves at a dead end. Which becomes even moreso as a rusty metal portcullis slams down just behind them! Faint mocking laughter drifts in from somewhere overhead.
OOC wrote:Using the usual formula of averaging the speeds, that should get you into the alcove. Just to let you know, there are a few different possible solutions here.

Post Reply