[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 am

Gamemaster

The rest of the team (minus poor Cindy) hears a series of clangs and thuds from the direction that Skolldir went.

Replica

Replica reaches the end of his corridor, dimly realizing the clangs and thuds. Triggering his comlink, he says, "Hey, what's going on back there? Is Cindy trying to break through the walls with her bat or something? Me, I'm in front of a pair of doors. I tried the handles. They're locked. I didn't think to pack any picks or anything, but maybe if I force the handles? Whaddya think, guys? Or anyone else better with locks than me?" He raps the surface of the door, his fist sounding metal against metal.

"It's either that, or I try to bash it down... and hope that this isn't something where I get jumped by a lady or a tiger. Check that... I could probably handle the lady..."
Time Left wrote:Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 2:42
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 2:54 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:42 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 2:48 / 2 robots

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
2->3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope is still attempting to rouse Cindy when Replica calls back. <<That wasn't Cindy. She looks like she is starting to come to though.>> She shakes the nigh-invulnerable girl a little harder. <<C'mon Cindy...wake up. We don't have a lot of time here.>>
Figure that takes place in the 2:48 turn rotation, bringing her to the 2:42 where Cindy finally wakes up

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 pm

"What the..." Olev mutters as the wall suddenly slams against his chair, sanding him sprawling to the floor! He can barely keep on the floating chair as it corrects the position and lifts up again. Rubbing his elbow, Olev looks analytically at the swinging walls.

Rolling toughness: 11 Oh damn, ok, rerolling that: 7, oh come on! Still a 17 keeps him from falling, albeit not taking damage: Skolldir takes 1 injury.
Skolldir is using his skill mastery in technology (26 without rolling) to assess if there is a way to jam or stop the walls.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-4 bruised)


Irenes heart sank then she got annoyed grumbling low as she flipped a mental coin and went right. "Why not?" she thought

As she continued she remained aware of her surroundings and moved with caution but a slight bit of urgency.

NExt right keep going
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Titaness

Titaness's frustration at the seemingly pointless detour had her single-mindedly following the right-hand rule, fuming, head down. She had vague memories of a featureless corridor with a 90 degree turn before winding up in front of a pair of metal doors with round handles, a small bit of wall in between them making them distinctly two different entrances, there was a series of thuds and clanks and a muddled Yelp from somewhere back down the hallway.

As she contemplated the doors, Replica, still compared off the dull metal of the walls, jogged up with Constable weight to his steps. Once there, he quickly tried the doors' handles and delivered a quick speech to his commlink before digging and turning to address Titaness.
"Don't split the party, right?" he said, his breath settling back to a resting pace. "I didn't think to pack any lockpicks, assuming that lock is pickable. What do you think? Brute force, or do we see if someone else is packing?"
Time Left wrote:Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 2:42
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 2:48 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:42 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 2:48 / -1 to Toughness, Lost, 2 robots

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:20 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-4 bruised)

"Well if the door is locked then lets try it the old fashioned way." she took a breath and studied the doors carefully, She was as willing to go to town and use brute force as anyone but some times the best muscle was the brain and so she used it.

Titanesses Int check _: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
see if theres anything to the doors puzzle or the like to unlock them
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Doing what he does best, Olev abstracts finale from reality, letting his mind read the movements of the walls. Suddenly he gets it. The rhythmical, repetitive pattern, and his escape route as well.

Awareness 22 should be enough
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-4 bruised)

After studying the two doors intently for a moment she took a breath suddenly expanded to a ceiling scraping twelve feet nodded at Repicla and said. "Brute force it is."

"Knock Knock!"she growled just as she let fly with a powerful side thrust kick making sure to time it with Repilica so they hit the door at the same time.

Nothhing fancy here push up height a bit and full on power attack the door on the right
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Titaness and Replica

Replica lines up beside Titaness, who finds herself still forced to be scaled down in these corridors. Titaness's holds up three fingers, then tucks them one by one. When her fist is closed, they both surge forward with thrust kicks. Titaness, still feeling cramped, finds her foot skidding off to one side, while Replica's strikes with a hollow boom of metal on metal. As they stagger back, Replica harrumphs.

"Looks like we at least dented it. One more time?"
OOC wrote:Given you're using Power Attack, I'll assume you're forgoing the routine check in his of the free Critical. I went ahead and rolled for you. Smash door (PA 5): 1D20+6-5 = [6]+6-5 = 7 will miss.

Replica's attempting to combine his attack. And Attack roll: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
just barely guys for DC 30.
Toughness: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
results in a -1 penalty to the doors further saves.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Skolldir

Using his native intelligence to track the movements of the walls, he adroitly steers his chair through them, using their shifting to cut the Gordian knot of the maze, emerging suddenly into a large expansive room. Which is currently occupied by five man-sized robotic figures, begin to turn to point their gun arms towards him...

Despite the impending robots, you do have a chance to notice passages on the right and left walls, as well as two in the wall opposite you. The one more directly opposite you seems to end in a block of stone that nearly reaches the ceiling. The one to the right looks like it's got a series of walls with nozzles pointing out of them.
OOC wrote: Just to keep things moving, I'll roll Skolldir's Dodge save. Dodge: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25 is enough to avoid damage.

Skolldir gets to roll initiative. Initiative: 1D20+0 = [10]+0 = 10
for the robots.

And I think that brings everyone to 27 rounds (2:42) left.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:11 pm

The young man is able to clear the moving walls only to find two rather menacingly looking robot pointing guns at him! "Ok guys, I think we found some practice targets. Turret mode activated!" Skoldir exclaims, quickly looking for cover.

Ooc: skoldir will move to get cover of possible, otherwise he will get a defend action against incoming attacks. He will instruct his mines to attack the robots. Skoldir also told A10 on initiative, while the mines roll below that, here are the rolls http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=223577
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 am

Skolldir

Noting the scarcity of cover in the room, basically a large bare open space devoid of waist-high cover, Skolldir, dropped his drones and began evasive maneuvers. The drones duly followed his command and opened fire on the robots on the far left and the far right. The one on the left moved surprisingly agilely, rolling under the incoming fire, while the one on the right is quickly riddled with bullets and falls over. Skolldir has little time to consider it as he jinks and evades incoming laser blasts. He manages to dodge one, only to be herded into a second, briefly stunning his shield into white opaqueness as it struggled to dissipate the energy. Two signals went dead in the switchboard in his head. The drones had drawn fire away from him, but only at the cost of their own lives.
OOC wrote:Rolling for the turrets, who will target the far left and far right robots, Attack roll: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10; 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23 means only the one on the right was hit, but with a +2 for a DC 23 save. Toughness: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 And it's down.

Of the remaining four robots, two will fire on Skolldir and then one each on the drones. Attack roll: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7; 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26; 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17; 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

Skolldir's Improved defense rolls of Defense Roll: 1D10+15 = [10]+15 = 25; 1D10+15 = [7]+15 = 22 (in retrospect, I didn't need to roll the first one), will hit. I'm going to treat the robots as minions, so no critical, but it's still a DC 21 Toughness save. Based on the last discussion I had with you, you agreed to scale your walking bombs down to PL 6, and you discounted the defenses for Toughness, so that tags both of them, also at DC 21. Ouch. Toughness: 1D10+8 = [5]+8 = 13; 1D10+8 = [2]+8 = 10 drops both of them.

If you wanted to also move, you still have a Move action. I don't think it will change anything.

He does note that the maze's walls seem to have settled down.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:21 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: ...?!(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------
<<C'mon Cindy...wake up. We don't have a lot of time here.>>
With a jolt, Cindy suddenly rises back up into a sitting position, completely ignorant of the fact she conked Hope in the face upon doing so. She blinks once, twice, and then yawns wide enough that it could almost be seen under her mask. After a solid second of blankly staring at a wall, she lowers her head slightly while squinting ahead. "Waaaait just a moment... ....Hey! You knocked me out! How... How'd you do that?"

She looks to her left, completely missing Miraculous right beside her on the right. "And where'd everyone go? Did you vaporize them?!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Tough Stuff

As Cindy speaks, turning to look at Quirk and Toy Boy, the two figures suddenly fall over, revealed to be cardboard cutouts. There's a series of tones, and then Quirk's voice is heard, oddly flat in its tones.
"I'm sorry. But the person you are attempting to reach is bored and has moved on to other things. Please try your communication later. Maybe after saving the city from nuclear devastation, huh?" There's a clicking sound, as if a relay was closed in some distant phone system.

Cindy suddenly finds herself on her feet, as if she'd never fallen, albeit still stiff and sore from the recent battles.
OOC wrote:The scenario has Quirk and Toy Boy disappear shortly after the heroes have started into the tunnels. In this case, since there were still heroes a decent time in, I went for the more dramatic case.

You still have a round of action, and I'm going to say that you don't need the Move action to stand.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope gasps silently as Cindy sits bolt upright and practically headbutts her, causing her to flinch back onto her behind. Fixing her goggles as she stands, she looks briefly at the two cardboard cutouts then back at Cindy. <<We don't have much time, we need to find the explosive, or explosives before the timer runs out. We have less than three minutes since you got a penalty. The others went ahead that way, so we'll go up this corridor on the left. C'mon!>>

The mute teen grabs Cindy's free hand and tries to drag her off towards the left corridor, holding her own batons in her other hand. <<I was starting to worry I was going to have to start hitting you to wake you up.>>

Post Reply