[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Replica

Quirk huffs and rolls his eyes.
"Hey, just because someone hit the Skip Cutscene button... but you know what, sure." He snaps his fingers and Replica finds himself frozen in place.
OOC wrote:PM incoming, but you're at 0:06 as well as Cindy.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Tough Stuff

Just as Cindy and Replica regain consciousness, Cindy yells and lurches forward to attack. Just before she can reach Quirk, a giant wooden mallet materializes and strikes her down. And then, she takes a nap. Obviously it must have been a sleep inducing mallet. After all, nothing could knock her unconscious...
OOC wrote:And the predictable thing happens...

Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 3:00
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 3:00 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:54 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 3:00

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:33 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
2 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope frowns at the actions of some of her schoolmates that appeared to have not been well thought out. <<Guys, there's six tunnels and only five of us, and there's no telling if the tunnels split further in.>> She looks over as Alexander asks about the rules, also glancing up at the timer. They did need more information, but time was so limited. Even if she did try the echolocation thing, she wasn't sure if it would work or be considered "cheating" by the rules, since this was apparently some kind of game. Better to double down with Alex and try to get some information.

<<Yes, could you please tell us the rules? We are heroes, after all, so we have to do our best to follow the rules. We wouldn't want to break any more by accident.>>
Going to try and Aid Replica. Persuasion: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10 I don't know if Cool applies here, since both the villains appear to be older than they look...but Quirk is...well, Quirk.

Untrained Expertise to recognize: 1D20+0 = [17]+0 = 17 whom Hope may actually recognize. I would have rolled before, but posting from my phone is challenging enough, rolling from it aggravatingly harder than it should be

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:26 am

Replica
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: -3 Toughness
Form: Normal
________________

Replica snaps out of the vision with a lurch, shaking his head. It reminded him a bit of the old pen and paper games he played before the accident. "Ok , so it's like a dungeon crawl: traps, creatures, and puzzles. Guys be careful where you step, try not to rush too far ahead." he looks pointedly at Cindy.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Zzz(Fatigue)
HP: 3
----------

Cindy snores in response to Replica's pointed stare.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:52 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
2 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope tilts her head thoughtfully. <<Dungeon crawl? That sounds like something that usually takes more than three minutes...don't we get a clue or anything?>>

She wondered if she could put a layer of armor along the corridors where they walked to protect them from things that might shoot out from the walls, floor or ceiling. It would probably stretch her constructs a little too thin to provide much protection, but some was better than none. They just needed to figure out which way to go... and they might end up having to split up with how many corridors there were...which still left one corridor unexplored.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Adjusting his spectacles, the guy in the wheelchair chuckles. Apparently this Quirk could feel things in ways that defy science. Very in character for him. "Alright, lets get to it then. My droids can take the sixth passage and take a look to see if there is anything there, although if you said there were traps, I don't trust the will fare very well." He says, as another stainless steel droid walks out from the wheelchair. The first one makes itself visible, standing at the ready besides his creator. Quickly enough the chair levitates with a soft hum and the tech savant propels his way forward, into the corridors.
Last edited by Camus on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Gamemaster
Time Left wrote:Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 2:54
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 3:00 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:54 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 2:54 / 2 robots

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: One big Bruise (-4 bruised)

Irene sighed when Evelyn revealed Quirks idenitiy and shook her head slowly. "Any chance we can forgo the dungeon crawl and just do a nice boring game of checkers or candyland?" her question was cut off by the arrival of Hope and Skolldir Hope she recognized as they both shared an art class, Skolldir shed only seen in the techlabs and hadn't really interacted with.


She stood up to her eight foot height and sighed again still feeling the effects of the beating shed taken at the space patrol and Boxing bots hands. She guessed that was the reason Principle Summers insisted she train and fight at various smaller heights, to get used to them all and counted an eany meany miney moe pointing at the right tunnel

"Might as well get this over with ill go that way."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 am

Gamemaster

Titaness shrinks down to only takes the first passage to the right. It is with a sinking heart that she winds up at the mouth of the second passageway to the right. With weary grumbling, she walks up to the second intersection, where she notes broad corridors continuing to the left and to the right. Ahead of her, Skolldir sees his path branch sharply to the right before making another left suddenly.
OOC wrote:I think that would be about 2 ranks of Growth to be about 8 foot. Per Catsi's clarification, double move down the right tunnel. I interpreted that as continuing on once she re-entered. The map has also been updated. The red dot is Skolldir. The blue dot is Titaness. The green dot is Cindy, who is a bit unconscious. The Brown dot is Replica. The white dot is Miraculous. The two brown squares are Toy Boy and Quirk, standing at either side of the passageway.
Time Left wrote:Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 2:54
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 2:54 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:54 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 2:54 / 2 robots

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:00 am

Replica

Realizing that people had started moving while he was processing the information from Quirk, Replica quickly slapped his hand on the floor to adopt the properties of the metal — which disappointingly were the same as any other metal — and broke into a sprint.
"I've got the upper-right passage," he called out. Unfortunately, there were no illuminated signs saying "This way to the bomb," so all he could say is that he was in another corridor of metal.
"I'm in another corridor of metal," he said over his comlink, "Looks like it turns left at about a 90 degree angle ahead of me. No one has run into anything weird yet?"
OOC wrote:Free action to assume the metal form and Athletics (running): 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 to add to his speed rank. Then a double-Move to the upmost-right passageway.
Time Left wrote:Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 2:54
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 2:54 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:48 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 2:54 / 2 robots

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
2 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope moves over to the sleeping Cindy and crouches down next to her, giving her a shake while she looks off to the others moving out. <<I'll try to wake Cindy up then we'll take the left-side corridor here.>> she points to the corridor to the left nearest to her once she's moved to Cindy.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:19 am

Miraculous

With all of her brashness, despite her short stature, Cindy tended to be larger than life. Now, crumpled on the ground, she looked so small.
"So, what, a Lifetime movie event?" Toy Boy says, scoffing audibly.
"Hey, this is better than most of those movies," Quirk says, "Although did you see the one with the talking grumpy cat? Ooh... do you think people would enjoy it if their pets talked to them?"
"Eh, if it worked for Garfield... although that assumes Jon could understand him. Not everyone thinks he could."
"Huh. Never thought of it that way. Maybe he's more of a pitiful figure than we though, talking endlessly to a cat who doesn't talk back?"
"Sounds like the kind of thing that would be an award-winning cartoon," Toy Boy said, making gagging motions and sounds.
OOC wrote:Hope can take a Hero Point for doing the heroic thing here.
Time Left wrote:Time Left / Conditions
Miraculous: 2:42
Tough Stuff: 2:42 / (Fatigued)
Titaness: 2:54 / -4 to Toughness
Replica: 2:48 / -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: 2:54 / 2 robots

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:11 pm

The Norwegian man takes the narrow corridor to the right, his droids clicking and clacking against the metallic wheelchair as he advances cautiously.

OOC: Skoldir will continue going, and if he finds a bifurcation he'll send one of the 2 droids to go through it. Perception is +8 if needed.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:01 am

Skolldir

As Skolldir navigates the first corner, and then the second, there's a sudden creak right behind him. As he spins around to see what caused the noise, he has a split second to note the wall suddenly rushing toward him before it slams into his wheelchair with a loud clang. What follows feels like getting stuck inside a washing machine, constantly shoved from wall to wall as they rapidly move their positions. He has brief moments of glimpsing his original entrance, and a door set in the wall, but he has only moments before the walls bull rush him to another location.
OOC wrote:Skolldir failed a pair of checks asked for via PM. He's buffeted by the moving walls for a DC 23 Toughness save. If he fails the Toughness save by at least two degrees, his wheelchair is knocked to the ground as per the Platform flaw on it. This time, there's no additional damage for falling since I figure he was close to the ground. He can re-invoke Flight on his turn.

The walls are still moving rapidly around him. You will have to make pair of checks on your subsequent turn, just to let you know.

Your marker is temporarily off of the map because you have no idea where you are.

Post Reply