[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:19 am

MacynSnow wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:12 pm
THE BUG
HP-1/0 Condition-Normal

Deciding to get REALLY reckless,Ernie screamed at Toy Boy as he sent the Bro Horde swarming at the man-childs robot army
"You want to see an Army,you Undergrown Man-Child? I'll show you MOTHER NATURE'S ARMY!!"
EDIT: after getting Nixed by Boss about my Stunt,i'm just gonna send the Horde after the Robots Normally...
my attack for it...
[url=http://www coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=219677]11+4=15[/url]
Either way,here's my Initiative...
19+3=22
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The workshop

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 pm

It was a nice day on campus, fresh breeze and sun, buzzing insects taking delight on the abundant vegetation of Calremont gardens. Olev didn't see all that, however. He was inside an improvised workshop he had built in the more distant part of the gardens. While the repairs on the main destroyed areas continued, he had jury rigged some workbenches and tools and was concentrated in his nanobots work. The roof of the place was made of tin and timber, and it didnt have much in the sense of security or isolation. The door was opened and so some of the sun filtered in the room, playing with the dust in the air.
The sound of the tv as the media commented on a the raging battle as if it were the superbowl, filled Olev's ears. He was concentrated on making some final adjustments to a droid on his lap. Several others rested on the workbench but this one seemed to be giving him a hard time. His forehead was shiny because of the sweat and stained black with grease, and his claremont uniform's sleeves pulled up as he worked; some would say he was the striking image of his father.
After a few more minutes of work he sighed and placed the droid on the workbench with the others, with satisfaction in his face. He then took a small device and fiddled with it, pressing something in the screen. The droids on the table suddenly come to life, emitting an orange light from several optical lenses they sported on their surface. Four limbs sprouted fro their spherical bodies and lifted themselves from the table, clik-claking their way to the ground. "Now for the final test..." Olev muttered as he opened up a compartment of his wheelchair, commanding the droids to get in.

Moments later he was gliding on his chair, this time enjoying the gardens and the outside, as he headed towards the main building of the academia.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1
________________

"Crap, more robot dogs... Titaness hit me with a jolt. I want to blast these creeps into next week."
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Tough Stuff

Cindy barrels past the momentarily motionless toys, her fatigued legs pumping mightily as she unleashes a wild haymaker of a swing. Surprisingly, the clown does very little to get out of the way, and the blow lands solidly... and the clown wobbles backwards in a cartoonish fashion, feet still planted on the floor, torso going to nearly horizontal, before popping back up again with a cheery grin and a honk of a bicycle horn in his other hand.
OOC wrote:One could quibble about the viability of picking a straightline path through opponents, or moving 20 feet while hindered, but honestly, I'm kind of abstracting the battle scene out.

That actually does hit, but Chuckles makes the save.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Meanwhile, back at the ranch so to speak (which wasn't a ranch at all but Clairmont Academy, learning institution for many gifted young people, including one Hope McKnight, a blonde-haired sonokinetic and something of a school icon with the musical applications of her powers put to liberal and exuberant use for the entertainment of her peers), the air was tense with anticipation of the moment to moment updates of the ongoing battle in the city and Hope's, along with several of her friends', attention was glued to it.

She wished she could be out there, but that was what she was training for, so she could be out there someday. Besides her popularity for being something of a minor local pop idol, Hope was also known to be driven towards being a hero, earning the honor of joining a team and protecting the city, maybe even the world. So right now, she watched the events unfold on the television. Not for the spectacle, but to see if she could learn anything by watching experienced heroes at work, taking all the mental notes she could.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:20 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Fighting Giantess


"Too small to generate much of a charge but you can have what I got!" She snapped as she pushed her height to a little at or under ten feet her head bumping the ceiling as it did bringing a string of unpleasant words to her lips. As she did she reached out and laid a hand snapping and crackling with electricity on Replicas shoulder imparting some of the charge she could generate in her fists.

She was being a little humble in her assessment of her abilities, as at even her baseline height she packed more charge them most military grade tasers so Replica should have a sginifigant jolt to work with.

While she did this she closed on the Boxing robots she wasnt too keen on those going to town if her instincts were telling her anything about them.

push to growth 4 cuz im pretty sure any bigger would put a hole through the roof

she should be on 8/8 for ATT/DEF DAM/tough

She can use her charged brawl to simulate giving Replcia an Electric charge of some sort for him to stunt off of.

And shell close on one of the RockemSockem bots to Deck one Shell power attack for -2/+2 _: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
presuming that connects thats a DC 25 impact


Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:56 am

The Bug

As Ernie commanded his "bros" to attack, the toys were swarmed by insects, ranging from ants to centipedes, to the occasional wasp, although they balked at the synthetic exterior, their protestation echoing back that they could not sting walls, inanimate objects.

Titaness

Titaness expanded, tagging Replica with her crackling fist before surging forward, her large fist swinging out to be adroitly, if barely, parried by the Box
'N' Bot, leaving her electrified fist hanging to one side. The other toys begin to flank her, arms at the ready.
OOC wrote:Assuming you Charged with the Standard you had, that still hits. Toughness: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25 soaks the hit, luckily (I'm playing all but Toy Bot and Chuckles as Minions in this case).

If you rolled for initiative, correct me, otherwise Initiative: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
Evelyn Grae

Evelyn paused, unsure of her targeting with all of her teammates mixing it up in melee. Finally, she targeted Toy Boy himself with her Long Wave Ray-ser projection, precisely manipulating the frequencies so that the confluence his the diminutive toymaker. They strike, leaving him writhing in the confluence.
OOC wrote:Perception Damage 7 is a DC of 22. Toughness: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17 is sufficient for a -1 and a Daze
Gamemaster

Toy Boy, pained by Evelyn's attack, still manages to pull a small toy blaster from his belt.
"understand that this is just your just retribution," he says as he targets the daughter of villains. At first, the energy blast from the toy blaster envelops Evelyn, but when it clears, she's unharmed.
"Hah! Just as emasculated as Mom and Dad said," Evelyn crowed, her exoskeleton armor bristling with weapons.
OOC wrote:Attack roll (ranged): 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 will hit Evelyn for DC 23. Toughness: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13 would be a bad result, so she'll use an HP. Toughness: 1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14 = 24 is good to avoid any damage.

Initiative wrote: Toy Boy - 28 (-1 to Toughness, Dazed)
The Bug - 22
Tough Stuff - 15
Chuckles the Clown - 14
Replica - 10
Evelyn Grae - 10 - HP 3, -3 to Toughness
Box 'N' Bots - 10
Titaness - 8
Express - 6 - 2 HP, -1 to Toughness
Robo Poochie - 4
Space Patrol - 2
The Bug is up. The toys are blanketed with bugs, but they're not certain what else to do. Tough Stuff is on-deck.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 am

THE BUG
HP-0 Condition-Normal

("Instruments Of Destruction" by N.R.G can be heard starting in the background...)
Mentally telling the Bro's to get into any crack's big enough for them and start gnawing and destroying anything they came across inside of 'the walls'...
Meanwhile,Ernie tried to get close enough to T-Boy to lay him out...
Okay,let's try this: The bro horde are basically gonna try to destroy the robots from the inside-out,crawling into anything they can fit through...
I'm trying yo Stealth my way up a close to T-boy as i can to sucker punch him....
16+16=32(Shrunken Stealth check)

If it get's by him,here's my ambush Uppercut...
10+12=22(Insect Unarmed attack) +3 Damage and DC is 18 if successful..:D

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:44 am

The Bug

Ernie commands his loyal bug swarm to start biting the toys and begins to cross the room on his minuscule steed. On the bright side, no one was noticing him. On the minus side... at his tiny size, the floor was vast, and even at a steady jog, he realized that he was barely underfoot of the boxing robots. On the plus side, the robot dog slowed and halted in place, its works gummed up by the numerous "bros" that had sacrificed their bodies to stop it.
OOC wrote:Between the -1 Speed for your Shrinking, and the -1 for Stealth, you only cover about six feet. Since that won't get you in the range of anyone, I'll assume a double move this turn, which gets you almost halfway across the room.

The book doesn't have any rules for insects attacking, and you're not exactly pulling in any exotic specimens, as per the Insect Swarm archetype, I'll assume a Rank 2 Affliction that goes up against Toughness (since they're immune to most Will and Fort effects). Since most of them are Minions, it still might be effective.

The Space Patrol make their saves as do the Box 'N' Bots
Robopoochie succumbs
Chuckles easily passes and Toy Boy less easily.

They did better at the saves than I expected. I don't think you'd factored in the Speed reductions from Shrinking and Stealth, so go ahead and take a Hero Point for me just bulling ahead with your posted actions rather than asking further clarification.
Initiative wrote:Tough Stuff is up next.

Initiative
Toy Boy - 28
The Bug - 22 (+1 HP)
Tough Stuff - 15
Chuckles the Clown - 14
Replica - 10
Evelyn Grae - 10 - HP 3, LP 1, -3 to Toughness
Box 'N' Bots - 10
Express - 6 - 2 HP, -1 to Toughness
Space Patrol - 2

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: ARGH(Fatigue, -5 Defenses)
HP: 1
----------

A glint in her eye formed as she turned the bat around, trying from the opposite side as she tossed caution aside to the wind. "Hey! I said to stay down, and I meant it!"

Attack, AOO +/- 5: 24, DC 22 As last time.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 pm

EpicEclipse wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:35 pm
Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Meanwhile, back at the ranch so to speak (which wasn't a ranch at all but Clairmont Academy, learning institution for many gifted young people, including one Hope McKnight, a blonde-haired sonokinetic and something of a school icon with the musical applications of her powers put to liberal and exuberant use for the entertainment of her peers), the air was tense with anticipation of the moment to moment updates of the ongoing battle in the city and Hope's, along with several of her friends', attention was glued to it.

She wished she could be out there, but that was what she was training for, so she could be out there someday. Besides her popularity for being something of a minor local pop idol, Hope was also known to be driven towards being a hero, earning the honor of joining a team and protecting the city, maybe even the world. So right now, she watched the events unfold on the television. Not for the spectacle, but to see if she could learn anything by watching experienced heroes at work, taking all the mental notes she could.
The big glass doors of the room where almost everyone was intently looking at the big TV screen with the fight, was almost like a second screen, picturing Olev, floating around in his chair. While much more boring than a fight to death with ghastly pirates, Olev's activity did seem oddly interesting, as he was not seen much outside his workshop. More interestingly it was as his chair started to drop shiny metallic spheres on the gardens, most of which seem to disappear as soon as they hit the ground.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:19 am

Tough Stuff

Again, you connect solidly with your bat. Again, the clown wobbles against rooted feet, and then stands tall again. He shakes his head with a disapproving gesture and then suddenly whips the mallet forward, smashing into Tough Stuff with surprising strength, although it just bounces off of her.
OOC wrote:Again, he makes his Toughness save. Attack roll (AoA 2): 1D20+5+2 = [19]+5+2 = 26 is right at your Toughness threshold.
Initiative wrote:Replica is up next.

Initiative
Toy Boy - 28
The Bug - 22 (+1 HP)
Tough Stuff - 15
Chuckles the Clown - 14 (-2 to defenses)
Replica - 10
Evelyn Grae - 10 - HP 3, LP 1, -3 to Toughness
Box 'N' Bots - 10
Express - 6 - 2 HP, -1 to Toughness
Space Patrol - 2

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1
________________

Electricity surrounds Replica as he absorbs Titaness's lightning abilities. His voice crackles with static shocks "Still not 100% sure about my energy abilities, but lets give them a shot!", with that he sticks his hands out and sends a massive lightning bolt at the giant clown!
OOC wrote:In Energy form. Power attack 2. Attack - Blast PA: 1D20+8-2 = [20]+8-2 = 26
Crit! DC30 Toughness for Chuckles!
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:31 pm

Gamemaster

Replica's bolt of energy did across the room and strikes the oversized clown. As arcs flash across his body, and faint wisps of smoke rise, Chuckles is dropped to one knee, although the smile never leaves his face. Evelyn shifts her aim on the same direction, and zaps the clown with her Ray-ser.

Meanwhile, the four boxing robots darted forward, and melee with respective heroes. Titaness and Replica readily dodged the haymakers, but both Tough Stuff and Evelyn got tagged, Evelyn getting a bloody nose from the attack.
OOC wrote:Chuckles fails the save by three degrees, which Staggers and Wounds him. He fails by two degrees against Evelyn's attack, adding another Wound and a Dazed which is superceded by Staggered.

The Box 'N' Bots will split their efforts, with one each going after Evelyn, Titaness, Replica, and Tough Stuff.
Attack roll (PA 2): 1D20+5-2 = [15]+5-2 = 18
1D20+5-2 = [2]+5-2 = 5
1D20+5-2 = [12]+5-2 = 15
1D20+5-2 = [14]+5-2 = 17


That hits Evelyn, for a DC of 24. She rolls a total of 15, which only results in a Dazed and a Wound, neither of which significantly disadvantage her.

Also, due to AoA, Tough Stuff gets hit, but I think the 9 gets halved to 4, and the 7 Impervious rounds up to 4, so no save needed.

I'll get to the other three actions later today.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 am

Gamemaster

Express, trusting her teammates to do fine without her, slashed at the sitting Toy Boy with her arm-mounted claw. He moves too slowly to entirely escape her attack, but seems unharmed as he squirms back in his seat to avoid her blow, her claw ripping into his child-sized suit.
"hey," he protests, "do you really want to be the hero with footage of striking a child with deadly force?"
"Depends," Express says, hopping backwards as he begins to train his gun on her, "I think most people know you're nothing but a washed-up adult who's iddle body never grew up."

As the weapon fired, she disappeared... only to get tagged by the follow-up shot.
"typical," said Toy Boy, "all bluster and violence. pah, kids..."

Meanwhile, Titaness found herself swarmed by the little action figures, which fired entirely outsized laser beams at her, tagging her repeatedly and painfully.
OOC wrote:Attack roll: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25 will hit for DC 19. Toughness save: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19 avoids any damage.

The Space Patrol pepper Titaness with attacks. Attack roll: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22, 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14, 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15, 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24, 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6 is four hits, three at DC 23 and one critting at DC 28. Good thing she's tough...

Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26 is a hit by Toy Boy on Express, Toughness save of 23. She rolls Toughness save: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15, which would be a Dazed/Wound. She'll opt to reroll. Toughness save: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21 yields just a wound.
Initiative wrote:The Bug is up next.

Initiative
Toy Boy - 28
The Bug - 22 (+1 HP)
Tough Stuff - 15
Chuckles the Clown - 14 - Staggered, -1 to Toughness
Replica - 10
Evelyn Grae - 10 - HP 3, LP 1, -4 to Toughness, Dazed
Box 'N' Bots - 10
Express - 6 - 1 HP, -2 to Toughness
Space Patrol - 2

Post Reply