[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Tough Stuff

The back of Tough Stuff's neck itched, anticipating attack, but everything was silent behind her.

Evelyn Grae

An investigation of the melted computer remnants didn't yield any cables, probably fortunate given the lack of adapters. However, the packet sniffer on Evelyn's phone detected a fair amount of activity going on over the Wi-fi frequencies. A bit of fiddling with settings, a WPS Pixie-Dust Attack, and she had the router cracked with a full display of network traffic. From there, it was an elementary matter of scanning for video codecs, and she had the cameras' imagery displaying on her phone screen.
OOC wrote:You have camera access.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: *giant red spot* :shock:

"i keep forgetting the Bro's only know so much.I'll get Toughie, Titaness sweety try to wake the guards and find out where the Control room is as somebody like this blowhard'll be either their or on the manufacturing floor, Everybody else hunt around for a floor map like the type they give prospective employee's..."

Sweety... the word bounced around in her ears for a few moments as she felt her cheeks burn which at her current height made them look like stop signs. But before she could say anything Ernie was off after her erstwhile troublemaker little sister. which left her with her jaw hanging open and caused a few snap crackle pops of lightning to flare as Evelyn went to work on the computer.

Kill him yeah thats what shed do, smush him to bug paste. No no make him take her out to the pizza joint in the mall the one with the viking theme; yeah that would be an appropriate punishment given her usual pizza intake. Yeah thats it a date would punish him approriately she thought with a malevolent grin on her face that promised wicked intentions.

Oh after she was done punting toyjerk into the lower stratosphere.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Super observant(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

Seeing no further objection from Ernie, Cindy tosses her bat from hand to hand as she turns around to start taking a deeper look around for anything suspicious. More suspicious then the mannequins, that is...
Perception: 7 Eh, was worth a shot.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Tough Stuff / Titaness

With a loud snapping sound, all of the mannequins' heads turn back to an orientation normal to their bodies, leaving a few vaguely facing the heroes' direction, but primarily not.

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –1 to Toughness

Express blurred again. When she returned, she spoke.
"As much as I hate to say it, Bug Boy may be correct. The fifth floor door is locked. The other floors are not, although I didn't search them yet. Never know what kind of traps these villains will lay."
OOC wrote:Using her Quickness for an Investigate (Search) (I know, by the book, Investigation is Trained-Only, but searching an area seems to make sense as an untrained skill) to quickly check the area of the stairwells. Taking 10 gets her a 14, which doesn't get anything beyond the obvious.

With the time Evelyn spent getting the cameras up and working, and the shenanigans downstairs, I'm going to say that at least a minute has passed for those who are resting (which would be Replica and The Bug as best I can tell), allowing them to heal a wound. Titaness heals one as well despite being in action due to her Regeneration.

Let me know if you guys are resting longer than that.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 am
Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Super observant(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

Seeing no further objection from Ernie, Cindy tosses her bat from hand to hand as she turns around to start taking a deeper look around for anything suspicious. More suspicious then the mannequins, that is...
Perception: 7 Eh, was worth a shot.
THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Ernie briefly decided to give Cindy's idea a chsnce as ge let her look around.Even he was shocked,however, when he heard the Manniquain(?) head's pop back into place. Instantly grabbing Tough's wrist,he pulled her back up the stairs as he said
"Come on Toughie,we need to check what the other's found before we come back down here later...."
Sorry for the late reply,Rl was trying to be mean to me today...:(
Anyway, Ernie is pulling Cindy back upstairs to the other's for his action,so we'll be back up there shortly...

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Fine
Express blurred again. When she returned, she spoke.
"As much as I hate to say it, Bug Boy may be correct. The fifth floor door is locked. The other floors are not, although I didn't search them yet. Never know what kind of traps these villains will lay."

"I'm as game as anyone to wreck the place But id prefer avoiding being wrecked in the process, any ideas?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:40 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Obviously fearless(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

Cindy did not in fact jump at the sudden unexpected sound as the mannequin's snapped their heads away from them. To imply so would in fact be utterly ridiculous, just like implying she was sweatimg something fierce out of clearly unfrayed nerves. "Y-yeah, wouldn't want to steal away all the glory of taking this guy out by ourselves, right? That's something you do as a team, and stuff. That's absolutely, positively, the reason we're leaving... Right now."

Halfway through Ernie dragging her along, it became Cindy who was dragging him along.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:58 am

Express
HP: 2
Status: Fidgety, -1 to Toughness


Express watches Evelyn's work, occasionally shifting anxiously.
"Time is ticking," she said, "I'm worried about what Boy Toy might be doing."

Gamemaster

On Evelyn's phone, a quick paging through the displayed images showed largely empty halls, monochrome in the lack of artificial light. periodically, you get one with a grainy figure striding, rolling, or flying through hallways, but very few. On the fifth floor, things are back in color with considerably more action. In one room, a quartet of L'il Gigantosaurs are happily hosing down a pile of paper and CDs with their "atomic fire breath" and it seems to be burning merrily. In another, the Robopoochies are tearing apart what seems to be a life-sized princess doll with the background of lab equipment suggesting this had been a work in progress. Lastly, the room seen before had Toy Boy rapidly typing on a computer with the clown standing sentinel. There's no sign of the other toys you'd seen in the room before.
OOC wrote:Everyone is back in the lobby as best I understand it. ^_^ Because I know I got myself a little confused on who went down into the basement.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:27 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:58 am
Express
HP: 2
Status: Fidgety, -1 to Toughness


Express watches Evelyn's work, occasionally shifting anxiously.
"Time is ticking," she said, "I'm worried about what Boy Toy might be doing."

Gamemaster

On Evelyn's phone, a quick paging through the displayed images showed largely empty halls, monochrome in the lack of artificial light. periodically, you get one with a grainy figure striding, rolling, or flying through hallways, but very few. On the fifth floor, things are back in color with considerably more action. In one room, a quartet of L'il Gigantosaurs are happily hosing down a pile of paper and CDs with their "atomic fire breath" and it seems to be burning merrily. In another, the Robopoochies are tearing apart what seems to be a life-sized princess doll with the background of lab equipment suggesting this had been a work in progress. Lastly, the room seen before had Toy Boy rapidly typing on a computer with the clown standing sentinel. There's no sign of the other toys you'd seen in the room before.
OOC wrote:Everyone is back in the lobby as best I understand it. ^_^ Because I know I got myself a little confused on who went down into the basement.
THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition- Normal

Ounce back in the Lobby,Ernie starts looking over Evelyn's shoulder as he say's to her
"See if the Emergency stairwells leading to Toyboy's floor are blocked off any.We're going to hit him like a ton of Bricks..."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:40 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Ready(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

Cindy takes a moment to go through a few practice swings while Evelyn and Ernie plan out their next move. She didn't want to be caught whiffing the ball again, or overexerting herself by doing so either.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1512
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:35 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Fine


"Well does the office have a window or look out over the factory floor? Because if we want I could make us a door."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 pm

THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition- Normal

Not taking his eyes off of Evelyn's Screen,Ernie(apparently without thinking of the consequences) casually took hold of Titaness' large hand and started runing his fingers in it as he heard her say
"Well does the office have a window or look out over the factory floor? Because if we want I could make us a door."
"Apparently not,sweetie.Looks like he's holed up in the Acess point to Central Server room,right in the middle of the main room...Gray,if you try to 'Counter-hack him'(for lack of a better term right now) by using his own gear,how long could you occupy him while the rest of us crash into him?..."
During his little monolog,Ernie would absently run Irene's hand across his face(occasionally planting a brief kiss on it!).Either due to being stuck in her pocket for who knew how long OR his unique bio-signature,The resident group Shrinker was VERY affectionate today....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Not entirely oblivious(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

Cindy only saw Ernie out of the corner of her eyes, but somehow she found herself foccusing just a little bit closer. Slowly her own face went blank as the dusty gears in her head finally started to turn, shaking off years worth if cobwebs as she for once actually started to think. Maybe it was that one part of herself that many girls just couldn't deny whenever they saw a a boy interacting with a girl, especially if they were friends.

"...Heh." It was imposible to hold back the catty glint in her eyes, even through the mask. "Getting a bit handsy there aren't you Ernie? Hmmm? Somethin' on your mind maybe? Eheheheh..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:50 pm
Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Not entirely oblivious(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------
"...Heh." It was imposible to hold back the catty glint in her eyes, even through the mask. "Getting a bit handsy there aren't you Ernie? Hmmm? Somethin' on your mind maybe? Eheheheh..."
THE BUG
Apparently not registering the whole catty comment,Ernie's response is a non-syllable "Hm?..Sorry toughie,i'm a little distracted here at the moment...How much force would you need to break a door off it's hinges like this?(he points to Evelyn's screen with his free hand while still 'playing' with Irene's with the other)...."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Childish(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

Cindy responds by blowing a raspberry in Ernie's general direction.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply