[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:44 am

Titaness

There's a brief period of silence, underscored by the gurgle of the broken fountain and the occasional muffled pop from the computer desk which is still somewhat scorched from the flame attack, before the loudspeakers kick in. The voice is as deadpan as always.
"you're right. you're a lousy audience. i was a fool to think that i could return to— it is not important. i will do my business here and leave. i advise that you leave too, although i am sure you will survive the experience."
OOC wrote:Will: 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16 means you're semi-successful. He's got a -2 to his next action as a consequence of being Demoralized (technically speaking, he has Fearless, but I always figured that just meant more rational answers to Intimidation).

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 am

Evelyn
HP 3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"People have been hurt, my Friends have been hurt! When I get my hands on you..!!!" "Relax, Titaness. Nobody's that hurt. People get banged up all the time in sports, too. The only one to be worried about is Merryweather, but he's OK?" Evelyn shrugs boldly, waving her hand at the scorch mark. "I mean, Merrywether looked prayerish and there's no ash left behind, so I think it's the same lightning teleport trick T-Clap used to pull but he's in some sort of spiritual test of character instead of just outside. Funny story about T-Clap, and it's why I bet you've never heard of them. See, his name was supposed to stand for Thunderclap but a clever talk show host had a skit at his expense and within a month after his first appearance everyone was calling him The Clap. It really pissed him off, so he burnt down half the radio towers in his city before the Rubber Revenger slapped him around and he teleported into retirement. Anyways I think Merryweather's just absent. Maaaybe dead. Maybe outside too, has anyone checked?"

"But more importantly!" Evelyn exclaims as she looks back up at the cameras. "Toy Box, right? That's you isn't it? You sound all synthy, did you go post-human while you were out of the game? You really must have been slacking, these designs are way worse than the ones I heard you used to use!" Evenly laughs, clapping her hands together in realization. "Ah, is this a comeback thing? You're here to steal manufacturing equipment so you can make things to make things that don't suck, right?"

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:42 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: !?(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------


"See, she agrees with me! Merryweather is probably dead!" Cindy laments, utterly filtering out pretty much the entirety of everything else Evelyn ranted on about. "No more games Toys R' Us, you're not getting away with any of this while we're on watch! I bet you're still down there in that basement playing hide and seek, thought a couple of dinosaurs would throw me off your trail, but you're dead wrong buster!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:11 pm

THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

As Ernie tries to Irene yo settled down enough to take a look at her hand,his head cock's to the side when he hear's the loudspeaker kick back on.
"you're right. you're a lousy audience. i was a fool to think that i could return to— it is not important. i will do my business here and leave. i advise that you leave too, although i am sure you will survive the experience."
Leaning slightly forward,Ernie quickly whisper's to Titaness
"Did you notice what he just said?..."
i'm gonna do a quick Insight check on what he just said,as that sentence sound's wrong to me somehow.Like he wasn't talking to us at all...
19+5=24 insight check

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Gamemaster

"toy boy. the name is toy boy. and boohoo, you got a boo-boo. suck it up, buttercup. as for my humanity, what is a man but a miserable pile of secrets? i have seen such sights, gained such opportunities. the flesh is so limiting. but no, i will not be using such feeble methods as theirs. no, i just wish to purge my past."

While the dialog ensues, Express flickers over to where Merryweather once stood, scans the area, picks something up, and flickers back to Evelyn's side. With a slightly annoyed expression, she holds up a piece of parchment. The writing is archaic, the verbiage flowery, but it boils down to an IOU, Merryweather having been called into service, payment for which was removing him from "mortal peril".
OOC wrote:Ernie doesn't note any outright deception, but he gets the impression that the villain might be stalling for time.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:29 pm

THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

"Your stalling for time,but why would you stall?..." having hung around Ernie long enough,all of you can tell he's trying to work out what T-Boy is doing.
Suddenly saying to the other's
"We have to find where he's hiding....YESTERDAY!"
Ernie immediately send's the Horde out to try to locate him as he say's to Evelyn
"Can you pull up a schematic of the building,as well as room pic?I'll need to know what the bros are refering to..."
OOC: alright,i'm going to try to use my well-informed advantage in combo with both Network and Tagalong to try to locate him...
1+4=5 help,coyotecode wants Ernie Dead! :o :shock:

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:14 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Unable to stand still(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

As always, she only heard what she wanted to hear from Ernie and ignored all the rest. Cindy slapped her bat against the ground with a sharp clack of metal on concrete. "I'mma show him what's what! Thinks he can make a full out of us? Well he's dead wrong! Come on, let's go get him already!"

Without waiting for a response, she was already rushing off towards the stairwell again. Presumably, on a course that would lead her right back into the creepy basement.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:33 pm

The Bug

Ernie's plan to employ a bug army immediately ran into a really big problem, or maybe a really small one if you think about it. He'd communicated with insects before, commanded them to perform simple tasks and now... well, he was starting to get a distinct feeling for their limitations. Insect brains were small, really small, and not terribly full of independent thought. Attempts to get them to go for the source of the voice led to them clustering around speaker grilles in the ceiling. Attempting to ask them for the location of the villain had them effectively answering his queries with statements that they didn't know. In the end, very little was accomplished other than to make his throat a bit sore making the right clicking noises. Well, that and there were now clusters of cockroaches lining the walls and corners of the lobby, telling him they were hungry, and a very sizable contingent of moths and gnats that had gotten trapped by the allure of the fluorescent lighting, telling him that the moon was so close and bright tonight.

Tough Stuff

Cindy's charge into the basement went uncontested, and her charge into the mannequins similarly so... at first. Plastic body after plastic body smashed under her bat until she was breathing hard with exertion, the room silent except for her breath. Then there was the creak of plastic on plastic... one by one, mannequin heads turned to face her direction, in some cases turning to inhuman angles on the still bodies. And then... nothing. They just stared. When Cindy moved, the heads moved too, to follow her.

Express

As Ernie shouted clicks at the walls, and Cindy departed with great fervor, Express sighed and faded from view again. About half a minute later, she was back in the lobby.
"Guards are stabilized and set off to one side. Called an ambulance, let them know not to enter the building until we tell them it's clear."

A moment later, she added, "So, do we want to fetch Cindy? She was being awfully noisy down there. And now, it's a little too quiet."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1602
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Fuming

Irene knelt there fuming as the voice got her message but didn't seem too put out by the implied threat of her playing twist tie with the guys limbs. She shrank down to a slightly Amazonian ten feet as Ernie bless his heart checked her hand which was already healing at the phenomenal rate she always did nowadays, She took a couple moments to catch her breath and refocus as Trinh did what she did best ie make use of time which she had plenty of to take care of the guards and while Cindy did what she did best, leap headlong where angels didn't even debate treading.

She was flexing her freshly healed hand when Trinh reappeared.
As Ernie shouted clicks at the walls, and Cindy departed with great fervor, Express sighed and faded from view again. About half a minute later, she was back in the lobby.
"Guards are stabilized and set off to one side. Called an ambulance, let them know not to enter the building until we tell them it's clear."

A moment later, she added, "So, do we want to fetch Cindy? She was being awfully noisy down there. And now, it's a little too quiet."
"Probably best I give lil sis room till I can buy her some ice cream, so I'm calling not it." she grinned easily
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 pm

THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Letting out a sigh of fustration,Ernie tell's the other's(as he shrink's down by a couple of inches to gain his Insect abilities)
"i keep forgetting the Bro's only know so much.I'll get Toughie, Titaness sweety try to wake the guards and find out where the Control room is as somebody like this blowhard'll be either their or on the manufacturing floor, Everybody else hunt around for a floor map like the type they give prospective employee's..."

Not even realizing that he called Irene 'Sweety', Ernie made his way to the basement as he called out
"Toughie,wait a sec! We need a plan first..."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:20 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Unable to stand still(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------
FuzzyBoots wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:33 pm
Plastic body after plastic body smashed under her bat until she was breathing hard with exertion, the room silent except for her breath. Then there was the creak of plastic on plastic... one by one, mannequin heads turned to face her direction, in some cases turning to inhuman angles on the still bodies. And then... nothing. They just stared. When Cindy moved, the heads moved too, to follow her.
Her grip on her bat started to loosen as sweat pooled over her palms, her brows tightly nit underneath her porcelain mask. Toy-joy must've been behind this, little freak had to have been. Put these things down here to try and keep people out, throw them off his trail. She wasn't going to fall for it though. No way she was about to start slowly taking steps back toward the stairwell, never her eyes off of the things in front of her, never blinking, and she certainly wasn't going to-
MacynSnow wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 pm
"Toughie,wait a sec! We need a plan first..."
"AGH!" She shouted, bumping backwards into Ernie before swinging around at the perceived threat. Luckily for her, he was shorter then usual so the bat swung right over him without trouble. "Don't-don't sneak up on me like that! I coulda completely clobbered your face off you know?!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:08 pm

THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Instinctively ducking under Cindy's wild swing(even though he didn't have to),Ernie say's
"What're you doing down here anyway Toughie?If this OCD idiopathic moron is gonna be anywhere,it's going to either be the Central Control room or the Main Production floor..."

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:39 pm

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1
________________

"So once Ernie and Cindy gets back what's the plan? Elevator may be a bad idea, especially since this guy seems to have rigged the place, but stairs may not be much better."
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1708
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Totally thought this through(Fatigued)
HP: 1
----------

"That's just what you'd expect wouldn't it, but I know he's gotta be down here somewhere. Like, a secret door or something." She said, completely covering up for the fact that she hadn't actually thought that far ahead.
How long should she remain fatigued? Also, she has her back turned on those manewuins now...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:55 am

Evelyn
HP 3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Can you pull up a schematic of the building,as well as room pic?I'll need to know what the bros are refering to..." "Can do, but it gets better than that. They shot the tower, but the cameras should work just fine if we put something in the loop between them and the monitor. I've got a perfectly good smartphone here!"

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
Phone cameras: Tech: 1D20+18 = [8]+18 = 26

Post Reply