[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:30 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness

"Ernie!? Where the heck did you come from?" Express whispered, shoeing away the Bug's attempts at first aid, "Don't worry. It looks worse than it feels. Taken harder hits falling off the bars. I'll be right back."

Tick.

The world fell into it's odd mix of silence and perpetual noise as every robotic growl-yip and fwooosh-ing chibi-kaiju flame suddenly halted. Trinh stood up straight, took a quick look around the room, and picked her target. The robotic dog was looking a little worse for wear. Trinh walked towards the canine construct... It might have been cute. Once. With a Snikt! audible only to her, the barbs of Express' grappling hook snapped into place. She took careful aim...

Tock.

"Bad doggy. Stay down."
OOC wrote:Move Action to use Time Stop Travel Teleport 4 to get into melee range of the Robopoochie. It's easily less than 500'. Followed up with my Standard Action to use Slash with Claw Damage 2, she's going to make this a -4/+4 Power Attack as well.

Slash With Claw: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 versus Parry. If that's a hit, it's DC 23 Toughness Save.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:08 am

Gamemaster - Lobby

Express's claws slam into the side of the robotic puppy, leaving it sprawling on the ground, its whimper underlaid by feedback. Tough Stuff's rushing baseball bat attack doesn't seem to substantively damage it further, but it does look quite battered. The Bug's leaping kick... is less efficacious. Before he can expand to full-size, The Bug bounces off of the toy and lands easily enough before leaping towards Express and beginning to quickly check whether she'd sustained any major injuries. His quick laying on of hands yielding startled hisses from her as he hit her bruises, but nothing that looked like major damage.
OOC wrote:Against Express's attack, Toughness: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13 results in a -1 and a Dazed.

Tough Stuff's attack is Toughness: 1D20+5-1 = [11]+5-1 = 15, which results in another -1. The second fares the same. Toughness: 1D20+5-2 = [16]+5-2 = 19 is another Wound.

Bug's attack hits one of the Gigantosaurs. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 completely no-sells the attack.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued on her turn)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4, one Bound, one Restrained) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1 (-2 Defense until their turn, 3 Wound, Dazed)
Evelyn is up next. Don't forget the Hero Point you garnered.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 am

Evelyn
HP 3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3, Staggered)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Let's see you do that again now!", Evelyn commented as she operated her left gauntlet. "You can't eve-" she remarked as she faded into a rapidly dissipating cloud of black, whatever she was saying going unheard. Within moments there was no sign of her where she was standing.

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC: Continuing to Counter, under the assumption that the villain is attempting to burn through the jamming. Countinuing counter: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
Turning her Noctis Projector to No Shadows and turning it on: Total Concealment from everything but Tactile.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:00 am

Gamemaster

As Evelyn attempts to continue jamming the signal of the toys, she realizes that the patterns of signals are shifting, finding frequencies that avoid the worst of the noise. And as she fades from view, she notices the robot dog, despite being beset on all sides, briefly goes into a pointing stance towards her. The two L'il Gigantosaurs not currently held by Titaness obligingly point their tiny fists at Evelyn's position. The fists fly out with the sound of a spring releasing its energy. One just barely misses Evelyn, but the second one catches her in the solar plexus, striking with surprising force, like getting hit by a fastball. Now sporting a stump where their fist had been, the toy dinosaurs begin trundling toward Evelyn's position, but their small legs only get them halfway.

Within Titaness's grip, the toy kaiju she holds struggle ineffectively in her hands, their fists never quite securing enough leverage to do much of anything. The robot puppy is somewhat more successful. Targeting the person who's hurt it the most, it suddenly leaps at Tough Stuff, gleaming metal teeth tearing at her face. They're sharper than they look...
OOC wrote:Counter check: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15 actually has the Robopoochie resisting the jamming.

The L'il Gigantosaurs can't detect Evelyn, but the Robopoochie can through his Tremorsense (which is defined as Ranged Touch in 3E, and remains Accurate), although really, all that does is let it know that she didn't move. She still have Total Concealment from the L'il Gigantosaurs although they know that they can keep targeting the same square. They do so, using their "rocket fist" attack on her. Attack roll: 1D20+5-5 = [18]+5-5 = 18; 1D20+5-5 = [16]+5-5 = 16 The first one hits for DC 25. They now no longer have access to their Rocket Fist until they pick it back up.

The two L'il Giantosaurs in Titaness's hands will attempt to attack her. Attack roll (PA 2): 1D20+5-2 = [4]+5-2 = 7; 1D20+5-2 = [6]+5-2 = 9 fails on both counts.

The Robopoochie will attack Tough Stuff (bad judgment call, no doubt). Attack roll (PA 2): 1D20+5-2 = [11]+5-2 = 14 will hit due to the All-Out-Attack 5. That would normally be a DC 21 Toughness save, which would get through the Impervious even without Penetrating, but of course her Immunity will reduce that to a DC 18 Toughness save.
Initiative wrote: Round 2
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued on her turn)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered, Concealed)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4, one Bound, one Restrained) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1 (-2 Defense until their turn, 3 Wound, Dazed)
Replica is up next.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Whoa! (Exhausted>Fatigued)
HP: 2>1
----------
Interpose: 11 Hmm.... Nope.
Reroll: 10 ...Ow! At least this was a retool, so +10 for an exact 20.
Toughness: 19
Seeing the rocket heading into her friends general dirrection, Cindy makes the bold decision to throw herself in it's path. The resulting explosion nearly knocks her off her feat however while causing her hair to ruffle wildly. "Whoa! These things really pack a punch! Who the heck even made theae things? I- Hey, get off me!"

Shoving the dog off her as best she could, the girl spun her bat around in her hand, winded from her double strike blow on one of the dinosaurs. Coach always said she shouldn't exert herself too much like this, so she took this brief opportunity to take a quick moment to steady her breathing.
Rrecovery action.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1 and very frustrated with this freakin' dog!
________________

"Man, how hard is it to destroy a f@#$ing robot dog?!" Replica yells as he wildly stabs the pipe down at the robodog.
OOC wrote:Power Attacking for 2 Attack - Improvised Weapon PA: 1D20+6-2 = [1]+6-2 = 5
Bah! Luck point to reroll Attack - Improvised Weapon PA: 1D20+6-2 = [6]+6-2 = 10
get to add 10 this for a total of 20 to hit! DC 27 + improvised weapon.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Replica

With Tough Stuff frantically dashing over to take the bullet... er, fist... for Evelyn, impaired and hindered by the robot dog that had latched itself to her calf and trying to gain height to her face by means of leverage of its teeth, Replica's dash over to stab at it with the pipe strikes true, pinning the toy to the ground. Something crunches inside the toy, and a puff of blue smoke rises out as it lets out a final whine, its eyes dimming.
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3 has the robot dog going down hard.
Initiative wrote: Round 2
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff (Fatigued, +2 to defenses) - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered, Concealed)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4, one Bound, one Restrained) - 5
Titaness is up next.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Breaking toys (Fatigued)

"Dammit Hold Still!" Irene snarled as she got a grip on the two beasties. The creatures squirmed but she wasn't going to give them a chance to break free and do more damage to her friends. Rearing back both hands as much as she could given the limited space she slammed both dinos together like a pair of cymbals with a satisfyingly loud noise.


titaness will power attack for -1/+1 and slams both dinos together in her hands as hard as possible her hit roll should be minimal since ones helpless and the others reduced defence _: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
and BOOM that's an crit thanks to her charged brawl trait shell go for the damage a DC 31

just to be clear shes slamming the two dinos into each other face first
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Titaness

The toys crunch within her hands and when Titaness pulls her hands apart, only one of them is still struggling while the other appears to have gone inactive.
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18; 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8, and one is out entirely while the other is Staggered (and takes a wound).
Initiative wrote: Round 2
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff (Fatigued, +2 to defenses) - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered, Concealed)
  • Gigantosaurs (x3, one Restrained/Staggered/1 Wound) - 5
Express is up next.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness

Robopoochie was a smoldering heap, but the little kaiju were still running around. But Titaness, Replica, and Tough Stuff seemed to be handling them well-enough. So Trinh decided to back off, launching her grappling hook into the corner of the room and swinging out of the way of her more martial-minded friends. Still, she wasn't going to just leave them on their own... She turned her attention to the Gigantosaurs, keeping a look out for any that were about to launch another attack.
OCC wrote:Move Action to get out of melee with the robots, Standard Action to use Deflect.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Express

Express prepares herself for the next oncoming attack.
OOC wrote:Readied action is Readied.
Initiative wrote: Round 2
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff (Fatigued, +2 to defenses) - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered, Concealed)
  • Gigantosaurs (x3, one Restrained/Staggered/1 Wound) - 5
Tough Stuff is up next.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:59 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:40 pm
Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Whoa! (Exhausted>Fatigued)
HP: 2>1
----------
Interpose: 11 Hmm.... Nope.
Reroll: 10 ...Ow! At least this was a retool, so +10 for an exact 20.
Toughness: 19
Seeing the rocket heading into her friends general dirrection, Cindy makes the bold decision to throw herself in it's path. The resulting explosion nearly knocks her off her feat however while causing her hair to ruffle wildly. "Whoa! These things really pack a punch! Who the heck even made theae things? I- Hey, get off me!"

Shoving the dog off her as best she could, the girl spun her bat around in her hand, winded from her double strike blow on one of the dinosaurs. Coach always said she shouldn't exert herself too much like this, so she took this brief opportunity to take a quick moment to steady her breathing.
Rrecovery action.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 am

Gamemaster

As Tough Stuff caught her breath, she started to feel less fatigued, catching her second wind.
OOC wrote:That's right... I thought Tough Stuff had already taken her action, but Dr. Malsyn just stated it as part of the Interpose check.

The Bug is up.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:27 am

The BUG
HP- 0 Condition -Normal Status-doing something STUPID....
:D
He'd only practiced this in the Institute,so maybe it'll work on Robot Gigantasouras(?)(what was the proper plural for that anyway?...)
Quickly lunging for the Gigantasoaur that was left,Ernie attempted to Grab and shrink it,saying
"Leave my friends alone,you reject from a Toy store!...."
OCC: Alright,i'm gonna Power Stunt what we talked about earlier...
"Reduce,Reuse,Recycle!..." Affliction Shrinking 14 (Dazed/Stunned/Unconscious Dodge save Flaw:Objects and Constructs only)

Now for my attack...
10+12=22 hopefully i hit...*crosses fingers*

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:26 pm

The Bug

Ernie rapidly unshrank himself and lunged for one of the toy robots, attempting to shrink it down with him. Unfortunately, his lunge was hampered by his sudden change of mass, and he missed cleanly before shrinking back to bug size.
OOC wrote:As per the brief discussion in PMs, PL limits would only allow for a +2 on the attack bonus, which will fail here with that roll.

Evelyn Grae is up next.

Post Reply