[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:43 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness; Dazed

“Okay. This is officially not fun anymore.“ Express said, ducking down behind the smoldering security desk, she tried to concentrate on that pulsing feeling in the back of her mind, trying to feel the tick-tock-tick of the passage of time... The tiny kaiju had really rung her bell.
OOC wrote:Express will use her Standard Action to declare a Defend Action, getting ready to use her Deflect power to protect her friends.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:24 am

Gamemaster - Lobby

As Express hunkers down and does her best to take cover to lick her wounds, the toys whir impatiently.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, out of combat, likely available next turn)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds, Dazed until next turn)
  • Tough Stuff - 16 (out of combat, likely available next turn)
  • The Bug - 15 (out of combat, likely available next turn)
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (1 Wound)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1
Evelyn is up next.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:44 am

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Lightly Singed (-1)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Hey team," Evelyn called out, "EW going hot for a bit here." Her fingers flew over her right gauntlet's controls, isolating the radio frequencies it was picking up and commanding it to rebroadcast random noise. "Remote operation is so last century!" she cackled as she amplified the output to drown out any control signals the mini-kaiju might be receiving.

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC: Counter attempt against (probable) remote control: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1576
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Easily distracted
HP: 2
----------

"AHHHHhhhhh... Huh?" Cindy uttered in confusion, ceasing her terryfying windmill attack of death and furry upon seeing Ernie, and the following explosions upstairs. "...How long have you been there? You better not have been in her pocket when she went to the bathroom!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:23 pm

The Bug
Hero Points- 1 Condition-Normal

Waving his arms dramatically up&down, Ernie responds(his face a beet red if one could see it)
"Now's not the time for you to ask invasive questions! We have friends upstairs who may need us!...."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Up the stairs (Bruised x1)

"We'll settle this later bad guys to squish, Come on Tough Stuff lets go!!I" She barked before turning and hauling her rear up the stairs using her leg length to cover them four at a time. When she hit the top and witnessed the carnage she had to admit she boggled for a second.

But only a second, her friends were in trouble and she was nothing if not decisive in those moments. As she strode out into the floor she expanded again to a ceiling scraping 24 feet crouching down a bit as she did and made ready to squish some dinos.

She'll beat feet upstairs and grow at least rank 8-10 again close to full height without squishing anyone she'll act on her turn when appropriate
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 am

Gamemaster - Lobby

Evelyn begins jamming a fairly wide radio spectrum after checking for active signals. The Robopoochie in the back start to bark in cute sampled tones, and the Gigantosaurs surge forward, piling on Evelyn. As she is dogpiled, she feels the pain of little plastic fists slamming into her.

Replica, meanwhile, has the little robot puppy leap for his throat, but miss.

From where the stairway is, Titaness and Tough Stuff push their way out of the stairwell, now seeing the melee at hand.
OOC wrote:The counter attempt succeeds. Unfortunately, it does not sever autonomous control, although it dies have an effect. The L'il Gigantosaurs attack Evelyn (since the power in question is not Subtle, they should know where it's coming from). Attack Roll (Assist); Attack Roll: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19; 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25; 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12


That will result in two of them hitting, the first as a Critical. So that will be a DC 25 and a DC 20 Toughness save for Evelyn.

The robotic dog leaps forward and tries to get Replica, using AoA 2. Attack Roll (Bite, AoA 2): 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9 will fail.

The people from downstairs join combat.
.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds, Dazed until next turn)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (1 Wound)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1 (-2 Defense until their turn)
Replica is up next.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness; Dazed
FuzzyBoots wrote:Evelyn begins jamming a fairly wide radio spectrum after checking for active signals. The Robopoochie in the back start to bark in cute sampled tones, and the Gigantosaurs surge forward, piling on Evelyn.
As the last of the tiny plastic daikaijū leapt towards Evelyn, Express flexed that part of her mind, sending the world into a frozen tableau. Express reached up over the counter, smacking one Gigantosaur to the side, kicking a second so it fell backward into a third, before kneeing the fourth... As time resumed its flow, one of the Gigantosaurs managed to regain it's footing, slipping past both Express and Evelyn to chomp the super-genius by the ankle.
OOC wrote:Using my Time Stop Dodge Deflect power to try to shield Evelyn from the Gigantosaurs:
Deflect: 1D20+12 = [17]+12 = 29
1D20+12 = [19]+12 = 31
1D20+12 = [7]+12 = 19
1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27


Due to the way Deflect works, that roll of "7" becomes a "17." So Evelyn's Dodge Defense against the Gigantosaurs's is 29, 31, 29, and 27. So only the Critical Hit should get through...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:28 am

Evelyn
HP 2->3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3, Staggered)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Ahaha," Evelyn sing-songed as the robots approached, "this has them nice and maaad!" Her amusement quickly faded as the one of the robots stumbled through Express's interception and began to batter her armor with its claws. "Ow, ow. Ah-ow, guys!" Evelyn exclaimed as she staggered backward under the vicious assault.

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC: TOU saves, DC 25, 20: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13, 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16. Failed both, worst by 3 DoF. Now at -3, Staggered.
Last edited by Nunya B on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1576
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Crap!
HP: 2
----------

"Oh no!" She lamented, with a look of horror on her face as she saw her teammates having been and getting even more pommeled. "I forgot the number one rule of being a tank- I'm not supposed to leave behind the squishies!" Nobody actually was that weak on their own, honestly, but in her mind everyone was squishier.

"I am so sorry! I won't do it again!" Though she promised it now, pretty much every one of her friends could safely feel like disregarding it. Mostly because she's already promised the same thing at least three times before. "-OH GOD! They killed Merryweather!"

Gritting her teeth and gripping her bat, she looked to the dinobots crowding round Evelyn and charged forward. "Nobody kills my friends!"
Batter up!: 20
And bcause she feels EXTRA bad, going to use some extra (and extraordinary) effort to take another standard action, with a +2 circumstance bonus.
SWING batta batta!: 19
Wow- I'm really glad that I had all those bonuses tacked onto her attacks, my rolls were such crap. Hope they can actually hit! DC 22 on both if they do.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 am

Replica
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: -1
_______________

Crap! Crap! Crap! Alex thinks as the tiny toy sinks swarm past him to attack Evelyn. He turns to follow, but the robopoochie leaps in front of him. "No! Bad dog!" he scolds while bringing the pipe down towards the robodog's head Great, now I'm quipping with a robot dog...
OOC wrote:All-out attack. Attack - Improvised Weapon: 1D20+6+5 = [8]+6+5 = 19
DC25 save. If I take it out, I'll use my move to approach the other toys.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

MacynSnow
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:40 am

The Bug
Hero Points- 0(Hero Point burned to avoid Fatigue from Surge) Condition-Normal

"TRINH!" Ernie screamed in concern for his friend.Without even thinking,the Insectoid Crimefighter(it was still a work-in-progress) leapfrogged off his Girfriend's(maybe-sortof-kinda?)Titaness's shoulders and,Screaming at the top of his little lungs
"HEY,GODZILLA,EAT FEET!"
Practically dropkicked the Gigantasouar from the top of a Skyscraper.Ounce he landed,he immediately grew back to normal size and,grabbing the emergency first-aid kit behind the deck,tried to figure out how to treat his friend's injuries(he was definitely taking that Fir-Aid class next year...) while he quipped
"I bet you missed me..."
OCC:ok,here we go...Surge to use 2 actions,one for an Attack on a Gigantasuar and the other to see to Express' injuries
'Grasshopper Kick' (Unarmed Attack):5+12=17 if it connects,that's a DC18 Toughness check
Basic INT check to try to help Express out....
14+2=16 there should be a first-aid kit behind the desk anyway,so...

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Gamemaster - Lobby

Replica slams the pipe down with deadly force, knocking the robot dog to the ground... from which it stands again, a warbling sound from its mouth, sounding like cute yips sampled and sequenced to create an approximation of a snarl.
OOC wrote:As a non-minion, despite being about PL 5, it survives the strike. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 And without damage!
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds, Dazed until next turn)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (1 Wound (maybe 3/Staggered?))
  • Gigantosaurs (x4) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1 (-2 Defense until their turn)
Titaness is up next.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:18 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Breaking toys (Fine)

'HEY!! Off the Mad Genius boys!" Irene shouted as she swept her hands down and grabbed a couple of the Dinos and attempted to scoop them up off Evelyn and then Smashed them together like a pair of cymbals with equally clamorous results.


Ok so irene should be sitting on a 6/10 since her stat drops don't kick in until max height which is 8 ranks and im only using 6 ill adjust as fuzzy needs me to. Defensively shes sitting around 4/4/10

Attempt here is grab a couple of dinos and slam them together like a pair of eggs squishing them in the process.

Attempt to grab _: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
a 19 should hit the dinos.

:arrow: : Surge and roll to hit second Dino _: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
should also be successful

they resist her strength so a DC 22 thanks to her power lifting with the better of Strength or dodge

Note she has improved grab which means she can grab with one hand so two dinos should not be out of the question and one to hit roll should suffice though if you need me to roll a second let me know.

Second note her strength at this height presuming she grabs both, should make lifting both and slamming them together almost a single action since theyre well below the causal strength needed to lift. however if you need me to surge let me know

Damage should be a full on DC25 just realized they aren't non resisting constructs so no auto crit.

:arrow: Added a to hit roll for the second dino and shell be fatigued next round per surge rules
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 am

Gamemaster

The toys are readily scooped up by Titaness. One is pinned entirely in her hand while the other is still wriggling.
OOC wrote:Power Lifting applies to the amount you can lift, not your Grab checks, so it's DC 20, but Resist Grab: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18; 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8 has them failing anyhow, one at Restrained and one at Bound. Doing damage will require an additional Standard action.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued on her turn)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered)
  • Gigantosaurs (x4, one Bound, one Restrained) - 5
  • Robopoochie - 1 (-2 Defense until their turn)
Express is up next.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply