[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
L-Space

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space »

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1
Condition: Nervousness shrinking.

"Music would, uh, be cool. Help us pass the time in here. With that he looks down at the homework on his laptop and grimaces. Maybe it would get my mind off this dumb makeup homework. I can turn into brick and steel, why should I care about literary symbolism or the atomic weight of helium..." He continues to grumbles to himself.
Formerly luketheduke86
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Merryweather
HP: 1; Condition: Distressed(?)
L-Space wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:48 am Maybe it would get my mind off this dumb makeup homework. I can turn into brick and steel, why should I care about literary symbolism or the atomic weight of helium..."
"Goodness man, don't jinx it! Next thing you know some villainous teacher will be confounding us with a trivia-themed labyrinth of riddles and not being able to answer 'approximately four point somesuch' will spell the doom for a small community of hamsters," Cyrus would jest, taking a potshot at the answer as he did so, slightly waving his cane in no particular direction.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 1, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----

"Goodness man, don't jinx it! Next thing you know some villainous teacher will be confounding us with a trivia-themed labyrinth of riddles and not being able to answer 'approximately four point somesuch' will spell the doom for a small community of hamsters," "Four point zero zero two six zero two if you're talking helium 4,", Evelyn replied absently, "and both Death by Degrees and Double Jeopardy have stopped doing that. Jeopardy retired a while four years ago, nobody's filled their spots yet."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: Bored

"Plus, y'know, what if somebody turned you into helium." Trinh shifted in her seat again, to better face the others, she now had the backrest in front of her and rested her chin on the headrest. There was a rampant speculation amongst some of the other students that Trinh didn't know how chairs actually worked, since she never did seem to sit in them properly unless a teacher nagged her into it. "I think King Cole turned the Human Tank into a balloon animal once..."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Merryweather
HP: 1; Condition: Mirthful
Nunya B wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:41 am "and both Death by Degrees and Double Jeopardy have stopped doing that. Jeopardy retired a while four years ago, nobody's filled their spots yet."
"Ah, but you never know what trivia-obsessed madman will get refused one too many game show opportunities and pounce on the niche next. I can see it now, the 'Feud Family' and their terrible town-wide trivia traps, or perhaps 'The Millionaire' who robs banks while armed with an assortment of pointless knowledge." Cyrus momentarily allowed his imagination to run wild with stylishly silver aged trivia-themed villainry.
Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:16 am "I think King Cole turned the Human Tank into a balloon animal once..."
"Oho! Could you imagine the headlines? 'From Human Tank to Helium Tank!' I'd bet. Tis front line material for certain, that, haha!" the young gentleman would merrily speculate.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Cindy's teal eyes start to glaze over the moment homework, science, and math is brought up, their words quickly starting to blend together in a mish mash that vaguely summed up to "Bluh bluh bl-bluh". Yet throughout it all she smiled, though perhaps a little bit too wide, and nodded along whenever there was a break in sentence structure. Truth be told, she probably should be doing some serious work right now to make up for all the assignments she's been missing, as well as re-doing the few things that teachers felt bad enough to send back for a 'second chance'. Instead she was more concerned with seeing if her eyeballs were as tough as the rest of her without any hesitation whatsoever.
Toast Burglar wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:33 am "Oho! Something something headlines? 'Human Tank picks up the Helium Tank!' dupe. Old timey words, yep, haha!"
"Hahah! Yeah, that would be hilarious." She laughs, not at all understanding the humor about picking up helium tanks. With a shake of her head, and a light tapping against the side of her skull, she tries to refocus on the conversation proper. "So uh, music right?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Replica (Alex Mason)
Condition: Approaching comfortable-ness.

"Sorry man, no jinx intended. Knock on...poorly substituted wood." which Alex does with a chuckle.

He then quickly starts typing as soon as he realizes Evelyn is giving him the answer. "Four...point..zero zero...two..." he pauses and looks up and then down at his hands, "Come to think of it, knowing more about the elements probably isn't a bad idea for me."

Alex can't help but smile at every one joking around and talking. Huh, I never realized how much I missed this the past two years. "So, what type of music do we want to play?"
Formerly luketheduke86
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

----------
L-Space wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 pm "So, what type of music do we want to play?"
"Rap!" Cindy shouted, without an ounce of hesitation.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: eating good

"Mix pop with some Country." Irene chimed in from where she was working on her homework.

She stood up stretching her legs a bit and walked over to the table gathering up a couple of apples some eggs and a bit of Juice, and some toast. She tossed one of the apples to Cindy, and another to Trinh and sat back down easing onto the too small bench as she did with a grunt and a sigh before digging in.
Last edited by catsi563 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

----------
catsi563 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:24 pm She tossed one of the apples to Cindy, and another to Trinh and sat back down easing onto the too small bench as she did with a grunt and a sigh before digging in.
The girl made a face upon catching the fruit, sticking out her tongue as if it were a personal afront to her very nature. Her coach told her she needed to eat healthier, so, while reluctant, she bit into it with a crunch.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

On the TV, the reporter is enthusiastically narrating the fight.
"And behind me, you can see Centuria lifting a... is that a ghost whale? Yes, it looks like it is! Centuria lifts it to throw at one of the pirate ships, and... no, she has been caught by what I believe is likely a Kraken. Bowman is peppering it with arrows, but to little avail as its ectoplasm resists the attack. Oh, but Lady Liberty is now shining the light of the Light of Liberty on it, as Doc Metropolis seems to be animating Century Bridge and oooh! That cannon blast just knocked Doctor Metropolis off of his feet. Johnny Rocket has literally walked on water running out to catch him and bring him to shore. Kevin, you are getting footage of all of this, right? Oh! And Next-Gen is now clustering around Doctor Metropolis to give him a chance to catch his breath, assuming he does breath... wait, what?" The reporter holds one finger against his ear.
"Ah, and it sounds like some criminals are attempting to make hay while the sun shines, so to speak. I have reports of a break-in at Fun-Time Toys. Freedom City police has already made a statement that they have a squad en-route, so no worries, Freedomites." As he turned back to the fight over the bridge, he apparently forgot how hot the mic was as he muttered.
"Seriously? A toy factory? They think that's newsworthy during the fight of a century? I might get a Broadcast Excellence Award for this...".

Meanwhile, Evelyn's glove buzzes slightly and she realizes there's a message present that wasn't there before.
Hello, honey! Hope you're enjoying Claremont!

We caught wind of a heist at Fun-Time Toys. If I were a betting woman, I'd lay odds on it being Desmond. He just never could accept that they continued using his designs after his incarceration. Fortunately, he's old-school, big on themes and big spectacles. Now, I know they probably have you set up to rush in as the cavalry if the beta team out there fails the school, but this is could be a great entry on your résumé when you go applying for jobs as a superhero. Go get 'em, tiger!

-- Nocturna
P.S. Take it easy on poor Desmond... he's had a hard time of things lately. Poor dear refuses to admit he's getting older, insists that if he's going to look like a kid, he's got the same level of energy.
P.P.S. Unless they radically revised their security profiles, if the front door of Fun-Time HQ is locked, 86972738697 will unlock things at the keypad, although it probably won't do much about the rest of the security.
P.P.P.S. Knock 'em dead!
On the other side of the room, the teacher in charge of you suddenly pulls a small device out of their pocket and stares at it.
"Oh God... not again," she mutters as she glances up.
"Merryweather! You're in charge of this room until I get back. There's a bit of an issue with — ah, of all times — I'll be back as quickly as I can, but your detention will be up in another two hours. If I'm not back by then, make sure everyone gets back to their dorm rooms and stays there. It's... just, it's important." With those words, she hurries out the door, leaving the six of you to your own devices.
OOC wrote:OK, so a little telegraphed...

You have enough time to head back to the dorms and grab some equipment if you're so inclined.

Just to be clear, the intent is that you head to Fun-Time or this will be a very short adventure. ;)
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 1, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----

"Oh come on Mom", Evelyn moans before suddenly sitting up as she reads the message. "Hey Merryweather, boss-man, there's super-crime afoot and we just got handed the golden ticket. The toy factory thing is the real deal and nobody else knows yet."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

----------
Nunya B wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:42 am "Hey Merryweather, boss-man, there's super-crime afoot and we just got handed the golden ticket. The toy factory thing is the real deal and nobody else knows yet."
Standing up quick enough to impress most speedsters, her chair falls backwards with a loud thud. "Last one there buys dinner!" Cindy confidently declares, not even stopping to consider the consequences and merely rushes out of the room to fetch her equipment.
------------
Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 am
"Oh God... not again," she mutters as she glances up.
"Merryweather! You're in charge of this room until I get back. There's a bit of an issue with — ah, of all times — I'll be back as quickly as I can, but your detention will be up in another two hours. If I'm not back by then, make sure everyone gets back to their dorm rooms and stays there. It's... just, it's important."
"Moi?" Cyrus would question momentarily, before the teacher present explained. Hearing the teacher out, he would lean back in his chair and nod, "Very well, I'll ensure we are all on our best behavior."

The teacher exited, and he would let out a sigh. "Alright folks," he was about to deviously allow whoever could break the lock on his school laptop the quickest the opportunity to leave detention early, but it turns out his weren't the most pronounced info gathering skills amongst the bunch, as he was cut off swiftly.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 am Image
----------
Nunya B wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:42 am "Hey Merryweather, boss-man, there's super-crime afoot and we just got handed the golden ticket. The toy factory thing is the real deal and nobody else knows yet."
Standing up quick enough to impress most speedsters, her chair falls backwards with a loud thud. "Last one there buys dinner!" Cindy confidently declares, not even stopping to consider the consequences and merely rushes out of the room to fetch her equipment.
"Ah, well then, you heard the lady," he would say, almost sounding relieved, standing up and swiveling on one foot to an about face, dramatically twirling his incredibly ancient-looking decorative cane and stamping it down upon his chair so that the head was at chest level, "Crime waits for no man. I've been delegated leader presently, so the blames on me, yes? Let us... Oh..."

By the time he finished expressing himself on the matter about half the detention hall had likely been emptied out in the mad rush to get places. It really struck his leader vibe, but he would accept it. "Anyone have room for a second passenger with their fastest means of travel?" he would dejectedly ask whoever remained in the room, plodding his way to the exit, thinking of alternatives
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: eating good
Irene raised a hand but before she could say anything Cindy was out the door faster then you could say zoom. She looked at Trinh for support "She just ditched us."
consequences and merely rushes out of the room to fetch her equipment.
"Ah, well then, you heard the lady," he would say, almost sounding relieved, standing up and swiveling on one foot to an about face, dramatically twirling his incredibly ancient-looking decorative cane and stamping it down upon his chair so that the head was at chest level, "Crime waits for no man. I've been delegated leader presently, so the blames on me, yes? Let us... Oh..."
As Merriweather expounded Irene stood up and nodded at Trinh. She made to head for her room but Trinh was a step--well a few hundred steps--ahead of her and with a blur she was holding her specialized suit. She stepped into a bathroom and dressed quickly.

"Not sure I even want to know how you know where my uniform is stored." she snarked at Trinh who had a very cat that ate the canary look on her face. she chuckled good naturedly and began moving with a deliberate haste towards the toy factory.

just moving to the factory at her normal speed 4 which should pace most cars at normal height

of course trinhll be there have had a latte or 2 and done her nails before everyone else arrives :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories