[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

She sighs in dejection that he doesn't have much helpful information despite their coming out here. There was no helping the mutterings under her breath. "I guess this was a longshot anyway..."

Afterwards she then respectfully listens as Father Taylor continues on about his own interesting discovery, detailing the relics his church apparently housed. "Huh, you didn't know you actually had them? The one at my old church had one on display near the back. Kinda weird they wouldn't have even told you isn't it?"

Swinging her legs again, she thinks just a little bit. "Well... Isn't magic real already? Maybe they could have actual power to them, you know? Not that, like, we should go around exploiting them or anything."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor shrugs amiably.
"I suppose it's all academic," he says, "where power comes from. After all, all of us and everything comes from God, right? The old home about a scientist challenging God in a contest to create life, picks up a handful of dirt only to be told he needs to bring his own dirt?"

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you more, kids, with your project. But at least you can show how much work you've done, right? Unless the schools have changed a lot since I went, showing your work is almost as important as the answer. Even more so if there isn't an objective truth to find." He chuckles, and adds, "I guess religion isn't too far off from that. Good works count for a lot, even when you don't find your answer."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Yeah, I guess there's that. I thought there was totally gonna be something here for us though is all." She starts to get up, stretching her limbs without care. "Hm... Hey, do you think we could see them, or help you find them if they're lost somewhere?"
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

"Well, I'm certainly not going to turn down a younger person genuinely showing an interest in the Church and its history," he said, his smile a bit wry. "If I can trust this thing," he says, holding the tablet up slightly, "We have them in alcoves to each side of the altar. Not like the old days, where they were kept inside, hidden from the common rank and file. We're a lot more open now." He pushes himself to a standing position.
"Admittedly, less secure too, but I have my doubts that anyone would try to steal them. And if that were to happen... who's to say that it wasn't God's will to move them on to someone else who needs them more?"

He moves to the door of the sacristy, leading back into the main church, then glances back to be sure everyone is following.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua stands and ponders, wondering if Cindy was thinking these relics might have some connection to their project, or if she was actually just curious. All the same, he figured they still had time to make it to the club today, so he didn't protest her volunteering them to see the relics or help find them.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giant Friend

Irene gave Cin an supportive pat on the head and affectionately ruffled her hair before making to leave the office with the others
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

The girl grumbles as the skyscraper of a woman ruffles her already mop of red hair, though she tries to hide the small smile as Irene passes by. With nothing to delay her further, she hops to it and follows closely behind.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Olev sees his three fellow students exit from the back of the church, preceded by a middle-aged man with fading mousy brown hair and the stereotypical priest garb of black clothes and the white dog collar, and walk to an alcove on the side.

There, Father Taylor steps toward the alcove, which has a small glass vial behind plexiglass, and squints at the plaque before stating, "Ah, this would be St. Mercurius. Or at least his mortal remains." He straightens and gives a slightly awkward smile.
"So, it's been a while since I've really done this sort of thing, but this is a vial of St. Mercurius's ash, a first-class relic of the saint's remains. He was martyred by fire and the sword, refusing to worship pagan gods after long service with the Roman army against the barbarians. Hmm... I think he was the one who asked them to turn him over on the griddle because he was done on that side. Grace under fire. Literally." He chuckled at his own joke.
"As for the iconography, it's pretty straightforward. Warrior saint. Died a martyr. Sword and... awl? I think that's what that one is. Pretty standard post-mortem miracles of incorruptible body, healings done after his death by those visiting his grave, that kind of thing."

OOC wrote:This gives a chance for Olev to join if he wishes.

And thank you for being patient with me getting back into the groove.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Cindy get's up fairly close as she takes a look at the vial behind the glass. "Wow, he sure knew how to go out with a smile huh? I can only hope to be that cool one day. Uh, hopefully without the being burned alive part."
------------
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev sighs and rolls over to where the others are. Apparently they are looking at some ash urn. The things mankind has invented for fear of death, he thought. "Good afternoon." Olev said to the priest, not dryly, but without warmth indeed.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

"Heh," Father Taylor half-laughs, then says, "All the kids in school always kind of like the stories of the martyrs, wished they could get that free ride to Heaven, but the dying part is a bit of a stumbling block. Anyhow." He pauses as Olev rolls up. He then takes in the rather varied group again.
"Why do I get the feeling this isn't a usual school report?" he says, eyes glancing upwards, he then smiles and shakes his head lightly.
"That was rhetorical. Any questions before I take you to the finger-bone?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Well, it's usual for Claremont at least..." Cindy supplies, stepping back away from the glass. "I can't think of anything myself. Irene, Josh? ...Olev?" Though he was given a hesitant look, she still felt he should be included. Especially like, right next to a man of god who'd super judge her for that sort of
thing.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Following along, Joshua tries not to look too distracted. Why would Daedalus, or at least an AI program of him, send them here? Some kind of prank or red herring? It vexed him.

In response to being asked if there were any question, he merely shakes his head. Of course, he had questions, but not ones pertinent to the relic. This report was turning out to be harder to find material on than he initially though.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

"I have nothing to add," Olev said dully, his eyes on his phone held in one hand. He glanced up. "Sorry. I find it easier to concentrate when I am doing many things at once. It avoids boredom."

"Of course," Father Taylor said after a nonplussed pause, "And that other relic, then." He walked over to another alcove, this one with a more modern-looking oil-painting as a backdrop.
"Blessed Helen of Arcella," he said, "a more recent saint, from the 13th century," he said, reading something off of his tablet, "Huh." His brow crinkled before he added, "Died of natural causes, after having gone both blind and deaf, and survived for months on just the Holy Eucharist. She has a shrine in Padua, at the Franciscan monastery where she served." He shook his head and tucked away the tablet.
"What this has to do with St. Ambrose... well, the Lord may work in mysterious ways, but our hierarchy sometimes works in even more mysterious ones. His face curves in a partial smile as the voices of the parishioners behind him rose in a prayer to St. Michael the Archangel, asking him to protect them. "I have no idea idea what relevance this might have in your report... but it certainly gives you some interesting stories."
OOC wrote:Camus apparently has meningitis... so I hope they won't mind that I do a little minor puppeting so that Olev isn't just tagging along.

I assure you that this is partially plot-relevant. ^_^ Although maybe not immediately.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"I got the handicapped part covered,thanks." Olev chimed in, now his face immersed in his small laptop.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ