[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

The girl smiles up at Josh as they start making their way back. "Sounds fine by me. We already got a lot of great info for that report, I bt we're gonna be killin git when it's time for the presentation."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"Are we? Interesting perspective. I will have you do most of the talking then." Olev says, adjusting his glasses. "Regardless, I agree that patience shall reward us in the long run. So, pizza?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giant Bit o hungry

Irenes stomach answered for her with a growl like some enormous wolf. "Sounds good to me; theres a place near campus that has a great new York style belly buster pizza,"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Hah! I'd like to see it try." Cindy spoke with a mischievous grin.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua smirks and shakes his head. "Late night pizza it is."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Gathered around two large pies, the toppings of which were only decided after much discussion and debate, outright bloodshed likely only averted by ordering two pizzas to address those who absolutely loved a topping and those who loathed it, with quietly fizzing pitchers of soda, you're left with a lot of disparate facts, but few conclusions.
  • A woman by the name of Hazel Court, then a student at Freedom College, was reported missing in March of 1957 after a poetry reading in Southside at the Student Union.
  • The poet, Christopher Carradine, acknowledged having slept with her, but claimed she left that night, and was cleared of all charges. He disappeared a few years later.
  • At the Southside Retirement Castle, you found a woman who claims to have known Hazel in college, and that she received a letter with a Freedom City postmark years later from Hazel saying that she'd met a man, which was why she left Freedom City, but was no longer with him, and that she owned a small business.
  • You also met a former villain, The Beekeeper, living in the retirement home. He didn't recognize the name of Hazel Court initially, but came up with newspaper articles about Hazel's disappearance and then Carradine's.
  • He also confirmed that the building of the Student Union was later turned into a nightclub, Eclipse, which caters to the goth scene. He indicated that while most of them are kids in fake fangs, there were rumors that Foreshadow dealt with some real vampires who were hiding among the fakes, and he seemed to treat those rumors as credible.
  • After a bit more cajoling, he admitted that he suspected that Hazel operated as a criminal named Lenore, who was known for drugs and fencing stolen goods. It's apparently someone he had some personal history with.
  • At Freedom Hall, you learned that Lenore disappeared in the summer of 1973 and that ownership of Eclipse, which she was associated with, transferred to a Kelvin Hewett, who turned it into the goth club it is today. Prior to that, it was a more general nightclub, albeit one that was known as a place to buy drugs or the services of prostitutes, or to fence stolen goods.
  • Olev was contacted by a Daedaleus AI who suggested that, in addition to Eclipse, there's a link to St. Ambrose.
  • At St. Ambrose Catholic Church, you met Father Taylor, who found while you were there, that there were two relics being kept at the church, the finger-bone of Helen of Arcella and ash from St. Mercurius.
  • Eclipse seems to be a bustling place, but not one that allows underage people in. You did, however, get told that you could call some time after 5 PM the next day, and more opening, to talk to Mr. Hewet.
OOC wrote:That's from a quick scan through the thread. I may have missed some salient bits. I don't know if you plan on hashing out any other details amongst yourselves, or I can move you to the next day.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

The pizza is good, as is the company, but the conversation peters when the food does. Olev is the first to leave, claiming a need to address a mechanical issue with his chair. As he leaves, part of the back of his chair unfolds to show one of his drones clinging to the back, which waves a farewell. Not long after, the rest of you head back to the dorms, having agreed to meet by the Claremont statue at 4 PM.

The next day, school passes quickly. You occasionally spot each other, but you don't have a lot of shared classes, schedules being what they are.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Bad dreams

After a shower and reading the latest Fantasy novel about some guy transported to another realm Irene drifted off into sleep.

Her rest wasn't restful though as barely an hour in she started dreaming and it was a doozy. She was outside surrounded by lush beautiful forest. She reached out for a small rabbit that was nearby only for the a lightning sized arc to snap at the rabbit and send it running, it only got worse from there as she studied her hand in confusion she smelled something burning and turned around to find the forest on fire as lightning was arcing off her like a tesla coil snapping and hissing and popping scarring the land she loved so much as it began to burn the fires reflecting in the glow of her horrified eyes as they glowed brighter and brighter.

then the scene shifted as she suddenly found herself in front of her old home on the commune she felt a surge of hope as she saw her mothers reflection inside the home and smiled, only for both to vanish as a wave of instinct told her that there was something terribly wrong inside the home she instinctively put on a foot of height as she did when she wanted to scare off someone but as she approached the house she found herself rising above it. She cried out in a strangled voice but as she tried to focus found a storm of lighting in her thoughts as she continued to grow uncontrollably to even greater heights. She felt the horrified crunch as the cabin with her mother inside it was smashed to splinters by her expanding feet which stumbled backwards in an enormous thunderous step that crushed more of the old commune. And her strangled cries became a choking sound as she gasped and wheezed for breath trying to breath in air that was becoming thinner and thinner as her head reached the upper atmosphere and she didn't know if it would stop before her vision started to dim or were those the stars as her head passed up out of the atmosphere as she reached truly colossal heights the air getting thinner and thinner and almost nonexistent.

Then suddenly she jerked out of her bed with a strangled cry and gasping and breathing heavily as if shed been suffocated . Sweating profusely before seeing something that her slowly waking brain took several moments to process. her bed was a rather comfy model that had been designed to be electrically insulated and respond to her basic biology as a sort of battery it was also nearly 10 feet in length to accommodate her new height and give her a little room in case she shifted heights in her sleep which she did for the first few months when she arrived.

She was now hanging off her bed at a near 15 feet of height which caused her to jerk upright and bump her head on the ceiling which elicited a curse and a round of rubbing her soar noggin. The beds reinforced springs were creaking slightly from the added weight as she carefully focused her breathing like shed been taught and began to shrink, the corona of electricity slowly diminishing as she did before she was returned to her normal six and half some off feet of height she got up splashed a bunch of cold water on her face not bothering to dry it off while running a hand through her messy mop of brown hair in its nightly pony tail before she laid back down.

She didn't get much sleep that night after wards.

Consequently she was a bit on the cranky side the next morning at breakfast and throughout the day.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

The young girl sat at by the statue as she waited for the others to get done with whatever they were doing. It was a pretty normal day for her, if she was honest. Kick some ass in P.E., catch up on some lost sleep during math, have to stay after said class to clean the board because she was obviously so 'well rested and energetic after her nap'. All that jazz. At the end of it all though, she had to wonder about that weird dream she had last night. Or at least, it had to have been a dream. No way anyone would try sneaking around Claremont at night ant NOT get caught by like, a dozen superheroes.

That left her to wondering just why it even came up in the first place. Since when did she dream about weird woman crawling through her dorm window at night? Urgh. She hoped that didn't imply anything about her. She would've much preferred it if it was a boy like- wait wait wait, let's not go there either.

Cindy flopped backwards onto her perch, cracking her head against the stone ledge she was sitting on. Paying absolutely no mind to the fact she should be in a mountain of pain and nursing a concussion, she instead started to blow raspberries up into the air out of boredom. Whatever. Dreams didn't mean anything anyway.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua is mostly distracted the following day during class but trained as he is in keeping a low profile, it'd be a wonder if anyone even noticed. He sends out texts to the others between classes to make sure they are all still meeting up after to contact Mr. Hewet after 5 pm.

The dream he'd had was troubling, but not something he wanted to talk about exactly. It could have just been a fitful dream with a lot of tossing and turning, it could explain why he felt sore when he woke...but did it explain it? With other potential elements, he couldn't say for sure, but he kept his ears open for any talk of strange events over the night up until he heads to meet up with his report partners after classes.
Not sure if you want a roll for that, but Joshua isn't snooping per se, just keeping his ears open for anyone talking about strange events that occurred the night before.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

By the statue, Olev rolls up with his own dark circles under his eyes, but he proffers no explanation other than that he had important work to be done. After the usual greeting pleasantries, he pulls a cell phone out and dials a number and before you know it, you have an appointment to meet Mr. Hewet.
"He seemed very eager to talk with us," Olev says, slipping his phone in a compartment in his chair, "He stated that Eclipse was an important part of Freedom City's history and that he is happy to tell us all about it. For an hour, and then he must work on opening his club."
OOC wrote:I almost forgot that Camus is on vacation and thus Olev needed to be run by me.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

"Huh. Honestly didn't expect that. Figured he'd be a super strict, ornary type. Not the kind to be eager to talk to high school kids. Go figure."

Joshua shrugs nonchalantly. "Well, let's get going so we don't give him a reason to be ornary by being late."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

With a grin upon seeing her classmates show up, she tosses her self up from where she was laying down with an unsteady, graceless maneuver that leaves her stumbling for balance. It does nothing to deter her smile as she proudly places her hands on her hips. "Come on, who can turn down a buncha cute kids like us?"
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Grump giantess

Irene waved casually at everyone as she approached. She didn't do makeup much so the bags under her eyes were only slightly muted. She was still out of sorts by the whole dream. Still she couldn't help a small smile as she saw Cindy who always kept a chipper attitude.

"Off we go then."

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

"Very well, then," Olev says. Turning his wheelchair in a circle, he looked off to the road.
"Ah, the joys of public transportation... it is a shame that we cannot create our own 'team vehicle' without having to go through certification to make sure it's legal for the road."

Eclipse looks different in the daylight. The neon lights are off, and the building looks much more mundane without them. Olev hovers up to the front and knocks on the door three times, then checks his text messages.
"He said he would be able to hear the door from his office and--" The door opens almost soundlessly, emitting only a faint creak. In the doorway is a slightly plump man with shoulder-length wavy brown hair with a hint of red, dressed in a Cure t-shirt and jeans. A set of round glasses are balanced precariously at the tip of his nose as he looks above them at the teens.
"Ah, you must be the Claremont kids," he says, his voice slightly husky, but warm, "I was surprised to hear that my establishment was going to be the subject of a school report, but given it's history, well..." he trails off, with a faint smile, and then opens the door to wave everyone in.
"I can give about 45 minutes. Gotta do some bookkeeping. Those plastic fangs and casks of virgin blood don't pay for themselves." He chuckles at his own joke and steps inside, holding the door open long enough for the last person.

Inside is a matte-black hallway, slightly shiny under the current light, fading to a uniform darkness toward the corners that makes it hard to tell where the wall ends and the ceiling begins.
"Mind your step, kids," he says, "We added some subtle ridges to the floor to help with traction, but the paint's still a bit slick if we're not careful. My office is just down the hallway. Er... unless you want to see the rest of the club?"
OOC wrote:I don't think we really have a method of transportation other than buses unless everyone wants to ride in Titaness's hand. :) If people are interested in doing some form of transportation, we can probably come up with something in the OOC thread.