[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick

When you open the door, you see that the old man you were pursuing has somehow donned a black-and-yellow striped suit and a domino mask, and is pointing a futuristic-looking gun at the door. He smiles broadly and gestures with his gun.
"I thought you looked like the type! Who sent you, boy, to beard the Bee-Keeper in his lair?"
OOC wrote:If you can give me either a Perception or an Insight check (your choice) for a bit more information, I'd be much obliged.
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Insight or Perception: 1d20+8 24 Maverick's Perception and Insight bonuses are identical, at +8, so whichever works :P
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick

Joshua notes that the man's finger is outside of the trigger guard, and the gun is actually pointed a bit to one side. Still not proper gun safety, but much less threatening than it seemed at first.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua tilts his head and does his best not to visibly choke back a laugh, keeping his hands visible to the elder with the blaster. "Beard the what now? I'm not here to beard you or anything, scout's honor. My name's Joshua, and my classmates and I are here on a class project actually where we needed to talk to some older folk, and Maria, the woman up front, mentioned you like to chat".
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

To her credit, this time Cindy doesn't just randomly do the first thing that pops into her head. Unfortunately this leads to her glancing between the card in her hand and the elders around the table in painful silence. There is one last, faintly pleading look sent Olev's way as she seems to shrink back further into her chair.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

There's a short flash of malice washing over Olev's features for a second there, but eventually he sighs. "Alright, just do what I tell you, we are ripping these ladies off their money." he says with moderate resignation.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

The little girl was never more determined then now to learn something over her entire life. Wwith a sharp nod Cindy sat up straighter, leaning close enough to Olev to hear his instructions.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene knew how people in the stages of dementia could be so she was patient and just listened while helping the older woman put away her laundry and straightening her bed sheets for her. She used her smart phone to record the conversation for later use just in case but knew that her new friend was slipping away into the past so it was time to go.

thanking her for her time and promising to visit later which she would. Irene excused herself and quietly left to find the others. She saw Cindy and Olev still getting taken for everything they owned by the sharks, but didn't interact she wasn't going near that feeding frenzy with a yacht and a factories worth of 10 foot poles. So she set off in search of Maverick. As she did she checked her phone and found the text saying he was off after a lead.

Shell keep an eye out for Maverick see if she can find him while the kids are occupied.

quick edit
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick

"Really?" There's a note of sadness and resignation in the man's voice as he lowered the gun, "Not here to speak with Bee-Keeper, scourge of the Freedom League, notorious super-villain?" He sighs and reaches up to peel the mask off.

"Well, can I interest you in a plushie of one of my minions? I mean, everyone knows that girls love bees." He says the last with a knowing waggle of his eyebrows.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Titaness

Out in the hallways, you find it's largely empty, just the occasional person in a wheelchair, often with an IV tether to them, an old man shuffling down the hall, and nurses hurraying about.
OOC wrote:If you can give me an untrained Investigate roll to try to figure out where he is, and some indication of how you plan on finding him.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff / Skølldir

One of the little old ladies sighs, and adds, acerbically, "And this is why we usually ban talking. Maybe next round?"

Olev's advice to match either the value or suit, or to draw up, leaves Cindy with the choice of an Eight of Spades, or a Jack of Diamonds.

"Now, as much fun as this all is, I'm guessing that this isn't some sort of masochistic bid to make a bunch of little old ladies feel better about their card playing?" the original ringleader queries.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"No" states plainly Olev, as he looks for a suitable move in the game. "We need information for an assignment, and we hoped you elderly denizens could help us" he continues. Adjusting his spectacles he adds "So we could bid on that too."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua lowers his hands as the tension leaves the situation. "Sorry, sir. But I'll take a plushie." he smiles, playing along with the elder man's knowing eyebrow waggling.

"But now that you mention supervillains, that's actually the topic of my class assignment, but we were looking for information on someone that went by...hmm..what was it... Hanzel Crane..? No... Hexagon Crook... no that wasn't it either... I think there was a color... Hazel?"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff / Skølldir

An elderly gentleman chuckles.
"Denizens. Check out the vocabulary on this kid. Sure, kid, you win this round, we'll all answer a question." He glances at Cindy, and taps his wrist.
"She gonna play?"
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick

Mr. Nisbet reaches into a box by his bed, and pulls out what looks like, well, a plushie of a bee, about puppy-sized.
"Good choice. I'll give you the discount price, even sign it for you." He reaches into the breast-pocket of the striped suit and produces a sharpie, with which he makes an illegible scrawl on a cardboard tag on the bee.
"Just two sawbucks. That's a twenty in your modern lingo. I take cash or credit." He reaches down and picks up a phone, which has a little rectangular device attached to one end that you suspect is a reader. "Or PayPal or Venmo. I know you kids don't really do the cash thing anymore."

"And I have no idea what you're talking about with the names, Sonny. You sound a bit confused. Maybe you really do belong here?" He chuckoled dryly, which turned into a minor cough, which he stemmed with a yellow-and-black striped handkerchief.