[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev puts his head resting on his fist, his cheek bulging against it. "I'll be good." he says in a monotone.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Maria pursed her lips slightly, and said, "Well, name tags shouldn't be necessary for a quick visit, but I should get names, numbers, email addresses, that kind of thing." She grabs a memo power and how down headings for names, phone numbers, and emails, and pushes it to Joshua first.

Once she has your information (although she largely seems interested in Joshua's), she brings you to a common room which has a handful of, to your eyes very elderly, adults engaged in various activities such as board games or watching TV, with a few napping in mobile beds or armchairs.
OOC wrote:I believe 3E replaced Gather Info with Investigation. I figure it's an untrained usage. Just say how you want to ask about information (could be anything from specifically asking if people know something about Hazel Court to just making light conversation) and make a roll. If you think there's a better skill for you, feel free to propose it.

And, for the sake of giving you free reign, feel free to describe who you approach and write a bit of the conversation. I trust you guys. I can then insert information as befits the roll.
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Heading inside, Joshua scans the occupants in a sort of unobtrusive kind of way, though seems to linger on a door on the far side of the room a moment before passing by it. "Alright team, let's disperse and spread our attention around. Remember, we're interviewing, not interrogating." he grins to show he meant that as a joke, not that he thought anyone would be grilling the elderly too hard.

"Oh, and I didn't think of it before, but it couldn't hurt to exchange numbers in case anyone learns something important." Joshua pulls out his phone to exchange numbers with his classmates.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene had been following along smiling and carrying on a conversation with Cindy the usual chitchat for the most part until they hit the common room. It was there that she was struck silent by the sight of the people in the convalescent beds specifically. She wasnt suprised to see them persay as this was a common sight in such places, but the sight still brought her back to her mother who even now was recovering in the hospital. The sight shocked her more then it should have and the smile left her face almost instantly as it hit a little too close to home.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

So elated as she is by the prospect of getting Joshua's phone number, Irene's unease at seeing the bedridden completely flies over her head. Instead, she puts on a cheery smile and pumps her fist in the air. "Alright! Just leave it to me, I've got this in the bag. Oh! Those old ladies look friendly, maybe they know something?"

As she makes her way over to a pair of senior woman playing cards- Sisters, she learns after a moment -It quickly becomes clear that while Cindy's friendly her methods of information extraction leave much to be desired. Instead she's somehow roped into a game of poker, something that she proves to be even worse at after a few short and brutal rounds loosing all the chips they allotted to her. The only upside is the fact that a nurse was able to catch the pair before they roped the young girl into gambling the actual money she had on hand.
Investigation: 12
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Skølldir cant stop a smile drawing in his face as Cindy fails drastically in gathering any useful information. With a "let me show you how it is done" expression, he rolls over to the old ladies playing poker. His face quickly shifts to panic as the old ladies almost get him to bet his "fancy" wheelchair.

Wow rolled a 1 (for a total of 7). Me no like new dice roller http://orokos.com/roll/704739
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene sent a few moments shaken by the thoughts of her mother, but her small friends near disaster of losing her lunch money shook her back to reality, and she did her best to rescue her and Olev from the sweet old ladies who had to be cardsharks or something. She throws a few casual questions out and mixes in a reference to an old movie that gets one of the ladies talking before finally managing to move the conversation back to the topic of Hazel Court

And all it cost her was helping one of the ladies to carry her laundry to her room and helping to fold it.

Irenes investigation check untrained 1d20+2 15+2 = 17 :lol:

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua watches the others getting involved with the various residents, but rather than mingling in himself, the dark-haired boy makes himself scarce. Something about the elderly man he'd seen make a quick exit caught his attention and raised a flag. Moving close to the door her man had exited from, Joshua pulls out his phone as if sending a quick text, but once he feels everyone's eyes occupied elsewhere, he ducks swiftly through the door, putting his infiltration training to (questionably) good use.
Gonna try to pursue the old man you PMed me about using Blindspot, with a stealth check on top of that to cover my bases.

Stealth: 1d20+10 23
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Skølldir and Tough Stuff

You would swear that the little ladies are practically cackling as they take you from Gin Rummy to Canasta to Poker, all the while invoking obscure rules which don't sound quite right, but whenever they call out to the room for support, they get a chorus of assent that that particular rule is correct (although the assent is somewhat weary, suggesting this isn't the first time they've done this). The crowning point is when they get you in a game of Rummy, which they swear is practically Michigan-style Gin Rummy, but they keep invoking new rules that you don't recognize. Eventually, one of them smiles broadly, popping out her false teeth slightly with the force of her grin, and says,
"Have you two ever played Mao? It's very simple... the goal is to get rid of your cards. And that's the one rule we can tell you. The rest, you have to figure out on your own."
She then quickly deals out several cards to each of you, then intones, "Seven card, play left," in very official tones. You realize suddenly that there are six people in addition to yourselves in the game.
OOC wrote:Mao (or Mau)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Titaness

The lady that Irene is talking to is caucasian, sitting in a wheelchair, white-haired, and practically covered in wrinkles. She speaks.
"Hazel Court? No, I live in... Hazel... Hazel Court." She suddenly stops, and pauses, lost in thought and the ages for several seconds before speaking.
"I had a class with her, before she went missing. I went to the Community Center with her. That poet was so handsome, so mysterious..." her grin seems to nearly split her face, her eyes growing cloudy for a moment with reminiscence.
"I got a letter from her years later, saying that a man had taken her with him, that they'd had a relationship but that it went sour, and their sacred bonds were broken. Probably went to Reno. So many people did when they wanted a break..." Again, she trails off, her eyes glazing, before she takes a deep breath and continues on.
"Funny thing... it was a Freedom City postmark, so I guess she came back. That must have been... 1950... 1960... no, it was before that awful Greek man summoned the undead, who marched upon the city, but not long before. She said she was happy, that she'd made a new independent life for herself as a small business owner, even said that you had children of her own. I don't think I heard from her after that. Maybe she was just looking for a taste of the old days..." She begins to discuss her college years, and you find that it's getting progressively harder to direct questions to her as she starts to get lost in the past.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

Cindy was never really what you could say the picture of calm or even particularly clever. So when this new mysterious game was dropped on her lap outbid the blue she broke into a swear as she stared down at the cards with shaky hands.

Get rid of her cards? How was she supposed to do that? She didn't even know the rules to pretty much every other game they'd wrapped her into!

In a git of action that was eiyher bold, stupid, or a combination of both Cindy made her first move. She tightened her grip on the cards in her hand, and then tossed them behind her. "Whoa look, all gone! How'd that happen?"

She stood there with an uneasy grin, her face completely drenched as she looked nervously between the assembled players.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick

As Joshua ducks out of the room, he sees the elderly resident not far in front of him in the halls, and he begins silently stalking him, keeping to the peripheries and using the cover of other people in the halls. The pursuit continues for a good minute before a seemingly chance glance backwards by the subject, and a wink, indicates that his target is more aware of the pursuit than might be expected. Several times, Joshua thinks he might have lost the subject, but each time, he reaqcuired him, right up to where the man ducked into room 249, which bears the label of NAISMITH / NISBET.
OOC wrote:Amazingly enough, he rolls a 23 on his Perception check. I believe that, in this case, the defender wins the tie by "making the save".
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"Amusing" the foreign boy says. He had made, in one of his escapades from reality, a Wikipedia rush that somehow tangentially touched Mao. His edietic memory, of course, remembers everything that there is to know. He was about to start playing when Cindy makes a clear violation of the rules. "Draw a card, you are stalling the game." he declares, as he shuffles his hand.

I'll roll an intelligence check for Skolldir's hand of Mao, if I should have rolled something else we can change the bonus. 17
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua follows the elder man, frowning in puzzlement. It seemed evident the man had seen Joshua but hadn't done any more than acknowledge him with a wink before carrying on to his room.

NISBET? That receptionist Maria had said something about him being a talker, could be a lead, maybe. Making sure his phone is on silent, Joshua fires a quick group text to the others then moves with all the stealth he can muster into Nisbet's room.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff / Skølldir

The little old ladies view Cindy with some pity. One of them leans into the other and speaks in what was probably supposed to be a whisper, but is instead at almost conversational volume,
"Well, they can't all be Einstein, you know."
"I know," replies her compatriot in the same loud whisper, "But why did the one with the cute butt have to leave?"

After three seconds, the lady who started the game hands Cindy a card and says, "Indeed, stalling. One card penalty."
"First play, first penalty," says the lady to Cindy's left, and turns the top card of the draw pile over onto the discard, replacing the current card with a seven of clubs. "Have a nice day, dearie," she says kindly.
"This was a lot more fun when we forbade talking, you know," one of the ladies grumped, "Always hilarious to see Betty getting all pent up." The next lady to the left sets down a seven of diamonds.
"Have a very nice day, Betty," she says sweetly to the lady beside her.
The next lady in line, apparently Betty, immediately slaps down an ace of diamonds and smiles, pushing out her false teeth a bit. The lady who'd put down the seven of diamonds puts down an eight of diamonds. "You know the rules were getting unwieldy. Besides which, George kept forgetting which day of the week it was." She glances towards Cindy and smiles hopefully.
OOC wrote:Don't worry too much about making rolls for the game. It's more to provide a bit of padding. I'm also skipping the usual "no talking outside of the rules" bit because that would make it really boring.

As it is, you can still try to make conversation.