[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3, Staggered)
----- ===== ----- ===== -----

If the dog is gone, then their immediate leadership is gone too, Evelyn pondered, but does that mean they're already on full autonomy or that they're extra-dependent on remote control? Well, whatever. If jamming made them that mad it must be worth doing. Just wish my knees would talk with my feet again so I could get to cover.

OOC: Continuing to continue to Counter, under the assumption that the villain is attempting to burn through the jamming. Only one man would dare give me the raspberry: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

The two L'il Gigantosaurs who fired their fists off at Evelyn's position stand in one place, only moving to spit out twin fireballs. Express warps to Evelyn and reaches out to move her, but then realizes the attacks will miss entirely. Within Titaness's grasp, the toy dinosaur ineffectively pummels her hand, its movements stiffer than before.
OOC wrote:The L'il Gigantosaurs, lacking direction, continue their last action. Two of them target Evelyn's square with their fire breath. Fire breath (Rank 4): 1D20+5-5 = [1]+5-5 = 1; 1D20+5-5 = [6]+5-5 = 6. Even without Express deflecting the first, they miss.

The third attacks Titaness's hand again. Attack roll (PA 2): 1D20+5-2 = [7]+5-2 = 10. Ironically, it would have hit had it not used Power Attack. :-P
Initiative wrote: Round 3
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound, Fatigued)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff (Fatigued, +2 to defenses) - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds, Staggered, Concealed)
  • Gigantosaurs (x3, one Restrained/Staggered/1 Wound) - 5
Top of the Round, Replica is up next.

Positions as I understand them:
Replica is standing by the corpse of the Robo Poochie. Two Gigantosaurs are basically to his left and right, maybe 10 feet out. I'll say that The Bug wound up beside the lefthand one with his maneuver. Titaness is astride, holding one Gigantosaur in her hand. Tough Stuff and Express are hovering near Evelyn, who's about 20 feet back. at the desk.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1

Elated after finally terminating freakin' robopoochie, Replica set's his eyes on a robodino. He puts his hands up to lineup with the dino, takes a couple running steps, and goes for the punt of a life time. "Take that!"

Replica blinks as finally notices Bug standing there, "Oh...hi. Uh, Ernie, right?" Replica asks, visibly confused. "Wait, where's Merryweather?!"
FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:31 am Gamemaster
Positions as I understand them:
Replica is standing by the corpse of the Robo Poochie. Two Gigantosaurs are basically to his left and right, maybe 10 feet out. I'll say that The Bug wound up beside the lefthand one with his maneuver. Titaness is astride, holding one Gigantosaur in her hand. Tough Stuff and Express are hovering near Evelyn, who's about 20 feet back. at the desk.
OOC wrote:I'll go for the leftward one. All-out Attack 5 Attack - Unarmed AOA: 1D20+6+5 = [5]+6+5 = 16
If that hits then it's a DC25
Formerly luketheduke86
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Replica

With a meaty crunch, the toy dinosaur is sent sailing until it bounces off of an opposite wall and slowly stands back up, using its tail as a counter-balance.
OOC wrote:That is a hit. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12 results in Staggered.
Titaness is up next.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Breaking toys (Fatigued)

"That's enough out of you guys!!" Irene roared as she reared the hand holding the flailing Dino up to the roof and then brought it down with thunderous force onto the last Dino left. Lightning crackled across her arms and body like a Jacobs ladder as she put a little more effort into the smash.

Irene will power attack for -1/+1 again and slam the Dino in her hand down on top of the last dino still standing

_: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17 if that does hit that's a DC 26 for both Dinos, if not she just smashes the dino in her hand on the floor hard as possible

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Titaness

As Titaness swings the one hand down, the toy in her hand moves in an attempt to escape, throwing her aim off and causing her to miss the one on the floor. As she lifts her hand and recurls it around the toy, she sees it escaped damage as well, perhaps managing to lodge itself in between her fingers before impact.
OOC wrote:I sent a message to catsi563 about my reasoning on this attack missing.

Express is up next.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3, Staggered)

How strange., Evelyn thought as she watched the robosaur squirming in Titaness's grip. It feels like it's been almost a week just watching this. I'm fairly sure it's only been a few seconds though. Is Express doing something strange? Express must be doing something strange. I'll have to ask her about it later. At least nothing important seems to be happening during this time spasm.

She turned her focus back to the toys. Those 'bots are sort of cute when they're angry. I might have to salvage a few.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness
OOC wrote:Sorry folks, one night of "Oh, I'll get to that later tonight..." spontaneously turned into a week of them. Mea culpa.

"What do we do!? Why the hell won't these things fall down!?" Express shouted, her too-cool-for-school facade clearly beginning to crack under the stress. They'd beaten up robots plenty of times in training, but this was different. People she cared about were getting hurt and the damn things just kept coming... She somersaulted underneath Titaness' backswing, slashing with her grappling hook's claws as she passed one of the staggering dino-bots. "Evelyn, if you have any super-genius super-secret super-plans, now is the time to share with the rest of the class."

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
FuzzyBoots

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Express

In her concern over her friends, Express eschews her powers and dashes to the side of the toy dinosaur Replica had knocked silly. She thrust into its side with her claws and then pulled it out, ripping out a shower of circuitry, stuffing, and fake leather. It topples with a despairing wail.
OOC wrote: I'll assume attacking the wounded one. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
is a critical fail for a second Staggered and it's down.
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • The Bug - 15
  • Gigantosaurs (x2, one Restrained/Staggered/1 Wound) - 5
Tough Stuff is up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 1
----------

Cindy, while breathing a bit heavy still from her double attack earlier, hefts up her bat and charges for the one dino on the floor she could actualyl get too. "Come get some!"
I suspect she's pretty far away from the dino now, enough she wont make it in 15 ft. So, a charge to help bridge the gap!
All out charge attack: 18; DC 22 if it hits
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff

Cindy's stubby legs carry her across the floor and her wild swing strikes a glancing blow across the top of the toy dinosaur's cranium, which makes it stagger slightly before reorienting on the desk.
OOC wrote:That hits. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17 results in a Wound.

The Bug will be up next.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

THE BUG
HP-1 Condition-Normal

"what are these stupid thing made of,anyway?!"
Ernie amplified voice called out as the diminutive Hero-in-training went to strike the Robot Tough just hit.As his fist connects with it,he calls out to The Horse(wo)men's resident Tech expert.
"Eve,anyway you can take these stupid thing over?! Where getting treated like a bad-mitton Byrd here..."
let's see if coyotecode hates Ernie....
16+12=28
If it connects,DC is 18 and +3 damage...
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

The Bug

Ernie's earnest attack easily tags the toy's head. It wobbles but it doesn't fall down. It doggedly returns its head to the same orientation.

As that happens, a voice sounds over loudspeakers somewhere in the ceiling, high-pitched, and oddly monotone.
"chinese plastics and sweatshop labor. it's a crime against my designs, but don't worry. that travesty will be set to rights." It's followed by a high giggle.
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+5-1 = [11]+5-1 = 15 will result in another Wound, but it's still not down. It's amazing what a difference being a non-minion makes...
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • The Bug - 15
  • Gigantosaurs (x2, one Restrained/Staggered/1 Wound) - 5
Evelyn is up.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Evelyn
HP 3, LP 1 : Blue-Rare, Tenderized (-3)

"chinese plastics and sweatshop labor. it's a crime against my designs, but don't worry. that travesty will be set to rights." "-o, your designs are a crime against even Chinese plastic and sweatshop labor!", Evelyn called with a faint echo as she faded mostly into view, still wreathed in shimmering black. "What sort of lazy rocket punch doesn't fly back to the robot? Your shlock, I guess!"

FuzzyBoots recommended the use of the Recover action, so that.
Also switching from No Shadows to Deep Shadows.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Evelyn Grae

The voice from the ceiling pauses and then continues, the voice speaking faster but still without raising its volume or significantly varying its tone.
"my design was genius. but they were bastardized by incompetent middle managers trying to scrape out marginal increases in stock price by skimping on materials and components. bah... shoddy materials, shoddy product. and whose name is on it? who do they plan to blame when the only people burning are the ones who bought the product? despite their claims, I never built a self-destruct mechanism in those teddy bears. they were meant to... you sound familiar."

There's a long silence.
"one moment while i... ah. little evelyn. do they know who you are?"
OOC wrote:Just to clarify the stated recommendation, the Counter has having a more underwhelming result than I think Nunya expected, plus it's an odd quirk of the system that in-combat, it takes a Standard action to heal and a full minute outside of it (or a Hero Point, I suppose), and Staggered can be nasty.
While the voice awaits an answer, the toy in Titaness's hands renews its struggle, its tiny fists gaining enough leverage to begin striking with more painful force. Meanwhile the one remaining standing one ignores Ernie to belch another ball of flame at the desk, the ball noticeably smaller than before, travelling so slowly that it was child's play for Evelyn to dodge it.
OOC wrote:Attack roll (AoA 2, PA 2): 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21; 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9 Results in Titaness having a DC 27 Toughness save (Improved Critical) and Evelyn being missed again.
Initiative wrote: Round 4
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds)
  • Gigantosaurs (x2, one Restrained/Staggered/1 Wound, one with 2 Wounds, both at -2 defenses) - 5
Replica is up.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.