[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

She looked around the place, not doing anything to feign or hide her interest in any way. Given her age it'd be at least another eight or so years before she could get anywhere near a place like this so he had to get her fill of it now before it was too late. "I mean, not gonna lie, I really do wanna know what a place like this is like..." Cindy hummed out as she focused on the man leading them. "I guess we should probably focus on the report stuff first, though..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"With your limited timeframe I'm inclined to agree. We should get the report stuff out of the way and get the tour after.. if there's time."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

A short way down the hallway, Kelvin reaches out and taps on a part of the wall, causing a handle to extrude, which he pulls, revealing a door set into the wall.
"Can't break the illusion," he says with a certain tired cheerfulness, "But I refused to have my office anywhere but off the main corridor. No use knowing something's wrong when you can't get there."

As he opens the door, a light clicks on inside, lighting the floor outside, which is now more visibly textured for traction, and carrying the patina of various footprints. The office itself paneled in wood and lit with a slightly yellowish glow from bulbs in torch-like fixtures on the wall. It looks comfortable, with a weathered wooden desk on one side, a few dark metal filing cabinets, an office chair behind the desk, and three slightly over-stuffed sitting chairs, which Kelvin began wrestling into place by the desk.

"So, to save us time, what do you already know about?" he says, sounding slightly out-of-breath as he budged the chairs.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua pipes up. "Well, this place used to be a different kind of club, I guess more or a social gathering hall, and went by "The Student Union", up until a certain person went missing back in 1957. Someone purchased the Student Union and made it into a nightclub of less than reputable nature, until you purchased it in 1973 and brought it to where it is today. The man suspected in the disappearance was acquitted and went missing shortly after the hearing, and lastly, that a woman by the psudonym "Lenore" operated out of this place before you purchased it, selling drugs and fencing stolen good, but disappeared the same summer you purchased the club."

He looks to his classmates in case he missed something.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Uh, yeah, what the said." Cindy said, as she rubbed the back of her neck. She hadn't even remembered half of that.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Kelvin's eyes widen slightly as Joshua recounts the learned history.
"I'm impressed," he said, "And from what I understand, this is just a few days investigation? They teach you kids well these days." He settles back in his chair and purses his lips as if deep in thought before speaking.
"Minor note, the building was known as the Student Union because that's what it was. The university owned it, although the students were in charge of activities for the most part. Obviously, you know that this 'certain person' was Hazel Court, given you have been asking after her." He pushes himself off of the chair with some enthusiasm and walks over to a wall with a curtain. One pull of the cord and a view opens to a dance floor a floor below, currently dimly lit by work lights. Towards the back of the room, there's a large portrait of an elegant redhead in a green dress, holding a cup of red liquid and staring out at the viewer. There's something exquisitely predatory in her demeanour.

"This is Lenore," Kelvin says with reverence, "A free spirit who guided an elite few into becoming something greater. I was one of her devotees. I worshipped her. I run this club in her memory, of what she did for the city, although these days, that sort of bohemian hedonism is almost commonplace." Staring over the floors below, he speaks again, a note of pain in his voice, but also pride.
"Here was Lenore born, and here did she end." One corner of his face turns down. "I suppose that you've heard that she died in a church, forced to face sunlight. Many people believe this to be a deconsecrated church. You can see why they might be confused." He turns back to the children, a ghost of a smile across his face.
"I suspect that you have already connected the dots?"
"Well," Olev says, "I believe that we all at least realize that Hazel Court and Lenore are one and the same person. Although I do not understand how she went from a college co-ed to a criminal mastermind."

"Ah," Kelvin says, "The answer to that lies beneath. Do you still have time, maybe 10 or 15 minutes, to explore the catacombs?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

It took her a few seconds to process. "Wait, are you saying she was a vampire? Like, an actual vampire this whole time? What! We had no idea about that at all. Is that why we were told to go to that church, that's actually where she died? Whoa!"
------------
Camus

Olev

Post by Camus »

Olev stares blankly at Cindy. "Well yes of course. What do you think its on that glass? Strawberry juice?" he says. His monotone never allows the listener to discriminate between a joke and a statement, but Ciny suspects he is drawing pleasure from humiliating her publicly. The prick.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

She pouts fairly significantly at his reply. What an ass. "Urgh... Hey, you said something about catacombs? You have those here too?"
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giant Bit o snark

"I was thinking more fruit juice but what do I know from koolaid.?" Irene spoke up for the first time since arriving. Shed mostly been quiet limiting her responses to monosyllabic grunts. The effects of the dream were still bugging her but the more sunlight she was in the better she was feeling.
She pouts fairly significantly at his reply. What an ass. "Urgh... Hey, you said something about catacombs? You have those here too?"
"Great, more confined spaces." her eye roll was verbal as well as physical.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua glances at his classmates and rolls his eyes a bit. "I think what they are trying to say is that we have time if you don't mind showing us and that we would appreciate it. I'm sure it will be some great material for our report."

Of course, they had already been tipped off about Hazel being Lenore, Beekeeper had already told them as such, though the part about her being a vampire wasn't a connection he'd made. He mentally chastised himself for letting his attention wander back at the church. He must have missed something. At the very least, it meant it was extremely unlikely they would run into Lenore or be able to ask her any questions.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

"Yes," Kelvin says smoothly, "well, perhaps not in the traditional manner. As far as I know, no bodies are buried there. As far as I know..." the last bit he intones gravely, spoiling the effect with an amused twinkle of his eyes.
"And yes, although she did not publicize it, Lenore was, well, gifted," he adds, then stands, brushing at his knees and shoulder as if to clear off lint, "We have an informational display and shrine downstairs. It's quite popular with the Goth crowd."

He walks to the door, and gestures for them to follow. The hallway is still as matte black as before. At the end of the hall, a set of turnstiles are the only barrier into the dance floor beyond. The portrait from before is clearly visible. The rest of the floor is a mixture of dark wood, steel, and concrete, mirrors ringing the room. Kelvin waves offhand to the decor.

"The mirrors were my idea," he says proudly, "They randomly remove people from the reflection, keeps the rumor going that we have real vampires. I have a hedge witch come in every week to renew the enchantment. As a bonus, the footage gets archived, so it's like extra security cameras. But anyhow." He turns to the right, where a pair of dull bronze doors stand closed. He slides a panel open and taps a rapid series of numbers in before closing it and pulling a large bitted key out of his pocket.

"Gotta have security," he says, inserting the key and turning it with a loud clunk of tumblers, "but as Bruce Schneier says, a lot of the security is theatre." He pulls the doors open with an ominous cream, and cool, slightly stale, air puffs out from the dark interior. He teaches to one side and flips a switch, causing a series of wall sconces asking the walls to come up with the flicker of gaslight, illuminating grey concrete walls and ceiling and a flagstone floor. The passageway stretches out a few dozen feet before making a sharp turn.
"When they built the Student Union," Kelvin states as he walks forward, "it was on old foundations, criminal ones one might argue. These tunnels carried arms used against the British, smuggled slaves during the Civil War, mystic artifacts during the Vervain conflict, illicit alcohol during Prohibition. Somewhere along the line, they were boarded up, forgotten."

Around the corner, the passageway is lined with red enamel coffins, further restricting the passageway to single-file. Kelvin continues, "None of these, of course, were her resting place. These are all props, decoys that she had scattered through the complex of tunnels to foil would-be vampire slayers. And then, later, they were used against a much more loathsome foe, but we will get to that point. She awoke from a much more humble abode, pine wood, she said, and clawed her way to a more decadent lifestyle. When she broke out of the tunnels, she found the empty shell of the former Student Union, now derelict after the lawsuits, and from thence began to build her empire." At this point, he's reached the end of the corridor, which splits in a T junction. Kelvin begins to turn to the left junction, and then pauses and turns.
"Sorry. I'm so used to giving this as a tour... do you have questions for your report?"
OOC wrote:It was hard to start writing again, and then hard to stop once I started...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Somehow, despite being a Stormer herself, the thought of all this talk about magic and the supernatural seemed almost unreal to her. It's not as if she saw such stuff on a personal level, even at Claremont where there was an actually legit occultist's club. Enthralled, she even tries peering at the mirrors to see if the spell was working on any of them that very moment. To her amazement, she couldn't see herself at all. "Okay, now that is way cool..."

Turning away from the be-spelled reflections, Cindy quickly followed along to the next parts of the tour, listening with rapt attention. She wasn't exactly a book-smart person, but she could say for certain that all this stuff was going to look awesome on their report. For once, she actually felt a bit excited to work on it. "Wha-, oh, questions? Actually... I did wanna know one thing. You said she was finally taken down by being brought to the church, right? Do you know who it was that did it to her?"
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

"I'm also curious if anyone knows when or how Hazel became a vampire."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

The young man in the wheelchair adjusts his spectacles. "Did she had memories of her life before becoming a vampire? From your recollection it would seem not. And when you say that she clawed her way to a decent life style, do you mean it figuratively or literally. It is oftentimes hard for me to understand you americans."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ