[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
L-Space

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space »

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1

Another one down finally, just two left. Replica sees the shooting fireballs and sighs. He runs up and tries to backhand it away from Evelyn. "For being made of cheap materials, they sure can take a beating!"
Formerly luketheduke86
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Replica

True to his words, the toy refuses to go down to Replica's strike, although the external material is looking very battered and the toy is emitting occasional grinding noises like gears aren't aligned.
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+5-2 = [15]+5-2 = 18 is another Wound and Dazed.

Titaness has a Toughness save and then her turn.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Ouch (Fatigued, -1 to toughness)

Irene was having a hard time controlling the Dinobot in her grip as it had almost snaked its way clear of her when she tried to smash it and its companion. Still she reinforced her grip and decided to go for broken and break the dino toys that were harassing her friends. Rearing back her hands she again attempted to drive the dino down on his buddy.

Lightning cascaded over her body snapping and crackling like a living thing as she grunted with the effort and drove the dino down like a big stuffed mallet on top of his buddy.

She was so caught up in doing so she never saw when the dino lashed out with its feat and tiny fists one of which landed on a nerve cluster and some of the metacarpals in her hand with a loud crack that elicited a scream of pain and caused her to smash the dino down even harder then she had intended.

Ok Irene will Power attack for max -5/+5 and she will take the All out attack option for a +2/-2 then she'll reattempt her prior smash of the Dino in her hand down on the other.

roll to hit dino on the floor _: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13 mmmm don't think that hits

Her toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11
and there it is :roll: that's a fail by 11 and three degrees leaving her staggered and minus 1 to checks also remember she regenned in the moments between combat so shes only fatigued. well now shes worse off :P

Hero point to reroll toughness save per Fuzzys input _: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
reduces that to a fail by 1 degree and a bruise x1

Secondary edit after speaking with Fuzzy gonna just take the miss and squeegee the dino in hand on the floor despite the miss. so please disregard the HP spent on the reroll to hit.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Titaness

Titaness's violent blow almost misses the target on the ground, but she still manages to clip it, sending it ricocheting across the hall to shatter against the wall, rendered inert. Amazingly enough, the toy dinosaur in her hand is still clinging on, struggling weakly, apparently escaping destruction by the skin of its teeth yet again.
OOC wrote:Actually, that hits due to it having All-Out-Attacked the prior turn. As per our PM discussion, the one in-hand doesn't take the Power Attack damage since there's no tradeoff being involved. Blame it on it being inside the fist you're striking with and there cushioned. Toughness: 1D20+5-1 = [12]+5-1 = 16 against a base of DC 25 (assuming I did the math right) is two degrees of failure for a dazed and two Wounds. For the second, Toughness: 1D20+5-2 = [8]+5-2 = 11 and DC 30 is four degrees of failure and it's Incapacitated/Destroyed.
Initiative wrote: Round 4
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • Titaness - 22 (2 Wounds, Fatigued)
  • Express - 17 (2 Wounds)
  • Tough Stuff (Fatigued, +2 to defenses) - 16
  • The Bug - 15
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (3 Wounds)
  • L'il Gigantosaur (Restrained/Dazed/Staggered/2 Wounds/-2 defenses) - 5
Express is up.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 2; Condition: –2 to Toughness, -2 to active defense for the round

Express was beyond incensed at this point. These toys not only refused to go down, but also had hurt her friends, some pretty severely. The world stopped as she began scaling Titaness, treating the frozen wrinkles of her uniform like a cliff-face, free climbing to where the small Dinosaur has mostly wriggled itself out, only pinned by one foot stuck in the first. It was hard work, taking almost of minute of her time, but eventually, she was perched on top of the fist, and swung down to stab at the Dinosaur. As always happened as she attacked, time started again, some sort of mental block perhaps, and it struggled vainly to evade her attacks, which struck again and again. Still, it moved, and Express swayed as she found her balance on the moving surface.
OOC wrote:Using a Move action to "teleport" to where Titaness is holding the L'il Gigantosaur and attacking with combined Power Attack 2 / All-Out-Attack 2.

First, climbing up Titaness (to justify the "can reach" part if the teleport) will be Athletics (Climb): 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20 and 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25, which succeed.

Attack roll (PA 2, AoA 2): 1D20+12 = [4]+12 = 16 will hit for DC 21. Toughness save: 1D20+5-2 = [11]+5-2 = 14 adds a Wound and it's Dazed again.

And lastly Acrobatics (Balance): 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29 against a DC of 20 to keep her balance avoid being vulnerable.

Titaness now has Express on her hand, which is holding the last L'il Gigantosaur. A Move action will suffice to set her on the ground.
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • The Bug - 15
  • L'il Gigantosaur (Restrained/Dazed/Staggered/3 Wounds/-2 defenses) - 5
Tough Stuff is up. Technically speaking, Titaness is holding the L'il Gigantosaur up at her full height since she hasn't let go and she didn't describe herself as keeping the hand down. ^_^ So... that's about 14 feet up in the air?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 1
----------

"How the heck do you expect me to hit that thing if you're over there playing Goliath? You're making this job SO much harder!"
She loudly complained, before picking up one of the baseballs out of her bag and lining up a shot. "Take THAT!"
Homerun!: 27 DC 20
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff

The baseball pegs the side of the toy dinosaur's head, leaving a dent. It leans its head back and lets out a mournful, slightly distorted, digital recording of a howl.
"this is getting boring," the voice from the loudspeakers says, with a faint air of annoyance, "can't you do something fun?"
OOC wrote:That hits. Toughness save: 1D20+5-3 = [14]+5-3 = 16... nnng, that's one more Wound and it keeps fighting.
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • The Bug - 15
  • L'il Gigantosaur (Restrained/Dazed/Staggered/4 Wounds/-2 defenses) - 5
The Bug is up.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:40 pm Tough Stuff

The baseball pegs the side of the toy dinosaur's head, leaving a dent. It leans its head back and lets out a mournful, slightly distorted, digital recording of a howl.
"this is getting boring," the voice from the loudspeakers says, with a faint air of annoyance, "can't you do something fun?"
OOC wrote:That hits. Toughness save: 1D20+5-3 = [14]+5-3 = 16... nnng, that's one more Wound and it keeps fighting.
  • Replica - 24 (1 Wound)
  • The Bug - 15
  • L'il Gigantosaur (Restrained/Dazed/Staggered/4 Wounds/-2 defenses) - 5
The Bug is up.
THE BUG
HP- 1/0 CONDITION- Madder than a wet Hornet

Seeing his friends getting hurt from a bunch of stupid robot's(especially Irene....no,it's not a Crush shut up!),Ernie brought out the big guns
"THAT'S IT! you wanna see something fun,you J#?%@>> ?! I'LL SHOW YOU FUN!...."
Closing his eyes briefly,Ernie called out to them as he chanted(the chanting was total BS,but he was going to put the fear of God into this guy)
"Creepy, Crawly up your Arms
A Spotty little Bug!
When he crawls up to your neck,
You give a little shrug!
But....he climbs a little more
and settles upon your Nose,
so you give a mighty snore!
And now it settle upon your toes...
"
He could hear them,calling and welcoming their 'Brother' into their homes....
OCC: I'm pulling out the big gun! I'll use Tagalog call&8-legged Network to call the bro horde.During the time of 'the Chant',all Toyboy's gonna hear is movement's inside the walls....i'm basically trying to intimate with a Presence of 0...
7+0=7 (Intimidation attempt) Not gonna let that stand,so HP to re-roll.
12+0=12(Intimidatiom re-roll) at least it's better than a 7! :roll:
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

The Bug

There is a brief pause after Ernie's performance before the voice continues.
"i need to hire an exterminator. and you need to stick to your day job. enough. i am satisfied you are no threat."
OOC wrote:Will: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29. With a 20, that's an additional degree of success, so he handily beats the 12 with 4 degrees of success.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Held in place, albeit loosely enough that it could still move, the toy dinosaur drew back its fist for another punch... and then stopped, frozen into place. Wisps of smoke begin emitting from the tears in its artificial skin and it started getting uncomfortably hot in Titaness's fingers.
"typical," the voice over the loudspeakers says, "brilliant design. skinflint implementation. cheap batteries. ah well, i did not expect them to do more than delay you. they served well."
OOC wrote:I think I've learned a lesson here about when to make minor opponents minions. Combat is over. Due to the vagaries of combat timing, the entire combat took less than half a minute despite all of the action.

I feel obliged to mention that there are two security guards that you moved outdoors.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The Bug
As Ernie sent a message to the Bro's to locate the insulter,he grew back to normal size as he started checking on Irene's(despite any of her protests) as he asked to the group
"Now would someone mind filling me in on what in the Wide-Wide World of Sports is going on?!"
OOC:Now that we're out of combat Fuzzy,can i take a 10 for the Treatment check,or do i still have to roll?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 1
----------

"Merryweather is dead!" She exclaimed in response. "There's like, a huge black spot right in the middle of the room! Did he explode? Did his powers ba kfire somehow? Did Toys for Tots do this?!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

THE BUG
HP- 0 Condition -Normal
Never taking his eyes off of Irene's hand,Ernie replied
"okay,just take a deep breath tough and think a minute:For all we know,Merry's powers might've teleported him somewhere by accident and the burnt stuff might be his cloths.He never DID tell us what all his magic staff could do..."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -1

Replica reverts back tonormal and let's out a tired sigh. "Thank god that's over. I feel like I've been punching robots for the last month." Replica looks around at everyone. "Is everyone okay? Where's Merryweather and where did you come from?" Alex asks looking at Ernie.
Formerly luketheduke86
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Ouch (Fatigued, -1 to toughness)
As Irene knelt there breathing heavy the pressure shed been exerting on the Dino in her fist finally caught up with the construct as it broke down.

"Fun?... FUN!!" She roared the lightning coursing across her body snapping and crackling with her anger, her eyes blazed like headlights as she snarled "People have been hurt, my Friends have been hurt! When I get my hands on you..!!!"

She proceeded to twist the head off the Broken dino like a twist top before dropping the pieces

Irenes annoyed her intimidation check _: 1D20+13 = [6]+13 = 19
meh maybe a small circumstance bonus for twisting the Dinos head off.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories