[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene snerked at the comment before jokingly adding "Might get struck by lightning, but spontaneous combustion...nah."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

"Mannn, It's been awhile since I went to mass with my parents. We might have to wait a little while for someone to be free, but they should be finishing up with the service soon I bet." Stretching her arms to the side after being in the bus for awhile, she considers the church a little more. Finishing her loosening up, she let's out a sigh while her hands grasped her waist. "Mom would want want me to find more time to come here at some point outside of school stuff. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure the only one we have to worry about combusting is Brainiac here."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

The young genius raises an eyebrow. "True I think religion is am illness of the mind," he pauses "... If I'm right there's no one to deliver punishment up in the sky. Is I'm wrong, that entity is supposed to be a sadistic jackass, so he would rather leave me here to listen to you than spare me with a quick death" he adds with a smirk
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Cindy snorts at the boy with a smirk on her face, before turning back to the building. "Right, come on! Time's wasting!" She starts off first with a job, before slowing down the closer she get's to the door.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

One of the double doors is slightly open, kept open by a small stopper leg at the time. Within, Cindy can hear repeated Hail Marys in the characteristic style of one person leading and the others joining in halfway through. Just as she gets to the door, she hears it go into the "Glory Be" and then a description of the fourth Glorious mystery, the Assumption of Mary into heaven. A peek through the door shows a round dozen people in the pews, bent over beads, mostly older, and one middle-aged lady at the ambo, leading the prayer.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Cindy waits for her friends to get closer before speaking up to them, "Right, come on guys. The people in there have probably like, another ten minutes, but so long as we're quiet we shouldn't be disturbing them or anything. Uhm..."

She trails off for a moment, scruncing her face and trying to dredge up the knowledge from that Catholic part of herself. "I think that the priest should be inside somewhere, probably. They don't always live on site anymore, but some do."
------------
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua approached silently, with stealth being kind of his 'thing' and nods to Cindy. He speaks softly to avoid disrupting the present occupants from their chanting. "Lead the way."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene followed along making sure to be as unobtrusive as a near seven foot teenager with softly glowing blue eyes and the occasional Jacobs ladder of electricity could be.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

The interior of the church is dim. Your entrance causes a few of those praying in the pews to glance up, as well as the lady at the ambo, but they don't halt, continuing through the next decade of the rosary. Stained-glass windows glow faintly with the fading light outside, sporting the names of saints and scenes from the the Bible. Near the altar, which Cindy notes has neither a tabernacle nor the candle indicating the presence of consecrated Eucharist, there's a statue of a man with a staff in one hand, and a stylized beehive at his feet. On one side of the church, there are a handful of doors labeled as confessionals.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

She tries her best to be as quiet and respectful as can be, which for Irene who's known her for some time is quite an impressive distinction from her usual self. Her eyes are drawn to the statue, squinting at the beehive as she remembers the Beekeeper from before. Had she ever seen statues like that at church before?

Humming softly to herself, her head whirls about as she tries to think of the best way to approach the priest, without ducking into a confessional at least. Her mother always told her that it was disrespectful to not use it properly.

OOC: It's been a long while since I've gone to church myself, and I've certainly never tried to meet with a priest one on one before. If it's alright, I'll roll an intelligence check to see if she by some miracle she remembers something useful.

13 Not quite a 'hallelujah', but it's not as awful as it could be.[/url]
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff

As much as Cindy racks her brain, she can't recall any statues with bee hives. Outside of statues of Jesus and Mary, the big ones, most of the statues had seemed like generic people with robes and sometimes staffs, occasionally holding a baby that was probably supposed to be Jesus. There was that one with the lady with eyeballs on a plate... that one was kind of weird. Despite herself, she steps up to take a closer look at the statue, which seems fairly lifelike, even up close, clearly the work of an artisan who cared for their work. As she did, she heard a faint humming somewhere behind the altar, sounding like Amazing Grace. This close, it was visible that there were archways not immediately visible from the back. Again, her impulse guides her forward, not withstanding the slight cluck of disapproval from a few of the older folk doing the rosary before they returned to their prayer.

Through the archway on the left, Cindy found herself in a small room. There, a priest, a bit past middle age, is polishing a coppery chalice and humming a hymn to himself. As Cindy stepped in, he pauses in his ministration, and turns.
"Ah, a seeker," he says, his voice warm with a faint hint of a twang, "If you're looking for the Pokestop, it's accessible from the parking lot. Or are you looking for something in particular? I'm Father Taylor. And you would be?"
OOC wrote:St. Ambrose is an actual Catholic saint, patron saint of beekeepers due to a legend involving bees alighting upon him as a baby, and leaving him with a "honeyed tongue" that made him a great speaker. :) But he is somewhat obscure, so it wouldn't be unusual at all for Cindy to not be aware of him. I know I certainly wasn't until I was looking for a good saint name for a church in town.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

The european boy seems uncomfortable, in unease. He mumbles something, before pressing a button on his wheelchair. A pod on the back pops open and a drones walks out of it, almost loosing its balance, before stumbling to position. Unspoken commands are given and the droid sets off to explore the church.

OOC> The droid will explore the church climbing up the walls and such. He has wall crawling and will try to observe while hiding. Perception (+8) Stealth (+16, hide in plain sight)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Ah, hello father. I,uh, that is....!" Wait no, how was she supposed to act in this instance? Her mind is drawing a complete blank all of a sudden! Never once as she ever actually met a priest one on one, and she's pretty sure the only thing her parents told her to do before was to leave the nice man alone. That may've been a bit patronizing, even if she was maybe just six or seven at the time. Now however she very much wished she had respected the advice of her parents. Cindy was never that great at meeting important respectful adults before, her interactions with Dean Summers being a prime example.

"Erhm..." Fidgeting her hands together in front of her waist, her eyes darted to the side. Her entire demeanor was more a schoogirl meeting with her crush then being the respectful approach she was trying to go with. Wait, where were her friends again? A quick glance behind her informed the girl that she let her feet get the better of herself once again, having left them behind before moving forward. "Ah, uh... S-sorry, I didn't mean to barge in so suddenly. It's nothing that silly, or serious either really! Me and my classmates and I were just working on a school project and thought maybe you might know something that could help us."
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Tough Stuff

"Oh?" Father Taylor said with an inquisitive lift of an eyebrow. "I must say, the Immaculata uniforms have certainly changed since I went there, but time marches on, I suppose." He gestures toward a comfortably upholstered chair, and sits in one opposite.
"What questions can I answer for you, miss..." he paused to let her fill in her name.

Skølldir

The drone scurries, apparently completely undetected, up the wall and into the rafters above, and it begins moving about, relaying bits and pieces of information as it scans the church.
OOC wrote:The parishoners, as bystanders, aren't going to spot it. It will take time for it to do a search.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

"Cindy Caramel. Erm, thank you Father." She informs, enunciating her last name as 'car-mull'. The girl takes the seat offered to her, trying to let herself relax a little bit into it for minor success. She was pretty sure they were right behind her, did they think she wanted to just do all this by herself? Already a bead of sweat was threatening to make it's way down her face. What did they even come here to ask again?

"Uh... M-maybe we should wait for my friends first, I don't want you to have to tell everything twice, you know?" Perfect excuse. Anything to buy a little more time.
------------