[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua pokes his head into the room. "There you are." poking back out of the room, Joshua waves Irene and Olev towards the side room, though doesn't call out, just pointing into the room as if to say he found their wayward classmate.

Stepping into the room after, Joshua leans lightly against the door arch to listen in.
catsi563

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giant grin

Irene walked over at Joshes signal and gave Cindy a bemused grin. She loved her to death of course but these were the little things you enjoyed with family.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"I... I will remain here, I am sure you can take care of this one." Olev says, preferring to stay at the entrance of the church. He seems distracted, looing at the small screen on the arm rest of his chair.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor looks at the entering teenagers with mild bemusement before chuckling and rocking himself to his feet.
"Ah. Not Immaculata then," he says, opening a closer and pulling out two folding chairs. He sets them up, giving Irene a slight sidelong glance, then to Cindy.
"Maybe you ought to take a folding chair, dear?" he said to Cindy, motioning to Irene.

He resettles in his chair.
"So, what sort of a school project is this?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

Cindy complies without hesitation, leaving the chair for Irene as well as the floor for questions.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Skølldir

Your drone, busily scurrying along the ceiling, reports on the number of people praying below (13 females and 2 males), as well as that one of the females has fallen asleep in her pew. Other than that, most of its report is on the church's ceiling. Not having any intelligence of its own, it simply reports back every measurement it can find, as well as a running count of spiders.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Having a seat, Joshua looks over to Cindy, but it seemed she was a little on the flustered side for some reason. He takes up the conversation. "Our project is to do research and prepare a presentation on historical villains of the city. We got one by the name Hazel Court, and we got some information that pointed us in this direction. Apparently, she operated as a fence and supplier by the name 'Lenore. That's about all we have so far, as well as a link to the name Hazel Court and an old nightclub that was changed after she disappeared to its current day iteration of Eclipse."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

Olev murmurs something in his native tongue and calls the robot down into his chair again. He remains idle for now, unless the others seem in distress or specifically request his aid.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

The girl nods her head, rather vigorously, at what Josh elaborates. Having her friends nearby has restored her confidence in the face of such respectful authority. "Yeah! Do you think you could help us out, Father?"
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor settled back and frowned slightly, one hand raising to pinch lightly on his right earlobe in an unconscious gesture of attempted recall, before shaking his head slowly.
"I... and who was it who said I could help you? Because I'll be honest, none of those names except Eclipse are familiar to me, and Eclipse only because of a brief bit of misspent youth," he said, the last with a single exhaled note of a chuckle and a bemused smile.
"I'm afraid I haven't been in this parish for long. The hierarchy likes to rotate us around. I came to Freedom City about ten years ago, and I was serving at St. George's until a few years ago." His thumb brushes his right earlobe again, and he adds, "Two and a half, amazing how time flies..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

The girl starts to absently kick her legs, her feet not actually able to to touch the floor entirely. "Well, anything you remember could probably help us. Do you remember any villainous types from back then?"
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

"Well, to be more specific, we were directed here, not to you. It could be that we're meant to find someone else that maybe knows more. Maybe Hazel came to this church and there's some record of her or someone else here who knew her?" Josh suggested thoughtfully.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor shrugged and answered Cindy's question.
"I can't say that I've really interacted much with villain's. Despite the romantic notion of them coming to confess their subs, the priest forced to hide his knowledge of their next dastardly crime, held by the seal of the confessional... well, I suspect their attendance is on decline, same as everywhere else. I mean, I've been caught downtown during some of the incidents, but it's not like I've been turned into an ape. Poor Father Haney... he was never the same."

To Joshua's question, he shakes his head and pinches his earlobe again.
"We are a small church, relatively speaking. I can't think of anything that might... Well, do you at least have a time period that we might look at? Birth? Confirmation? Marriage? Death?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giant wallflower

"1950s-1960s." Irene added from where shed been standing quietly shuffling her feet a little "we know she may or may not have gotten married around then and then moved back to freedom city give or take that era.'
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Father Taylor reaches into a small pouch on his chair, and pulls out a tablet computer.
"Neat things, these. Saves me a lot of time with the books and archives, although not everything's been digitized. Fortunately, sacramental records are among those pieces of information. I won't be able to get you details, as we have some strict rules on , but I can at least confirm if you're on the right track."
He does a fair amount of tapping, and then finger-tip dragging, presumably for scrolling. Finally, he shrugs and tips the tablet toward him.
"Sorry, kids, but there's no Hazel Court listed for births, deaths, or marriages for our church in these records. Although, I do have to thank you for coming by to ask me questions. Without you, I wouldn't have known we had relics on-site. First-class ones at that. Funny thing, though. It's not St. Ambrose... although we were fortunate enough that he escaped people chipping pieces off of him. No, we apparently have the finger-bone of Helen of Arcella and ash from St. Mercurius. That's an odd combination, but, well..." he says and shrugs. He then leans in.

"Personally," he says in a confidential tone, "Relics also bothered me a bit. I mean, sure, the saints did amazing things in their lives and, by definition, afterwards, but why would a bit of their thigh-bone, or a prayer-book they carried, have some extra mystical power? I mean, if we believe God can put himself here in human form as his son, why wouldn't that power be everywhere, not just in these items?" He leans back again.

"No, my opinion is that God's power is in his people, their faith and how it's shown in prayer and action. Magic items are one of those things I like to keep in my D&D sessions." After a pause, he adds, "Besides which, it doesn't fit your timeframe. 1973 was when we received those items. I only noticed because I was scrolling too far, and it struck me as kind of odd. Relics are old-school, at least since Vatican 2. Before my time, probably something where they were trying to draw publicity, or maybe the result of a donor." He wiggles one hand with a wry grin. "Church in Heaven, church on Earth, and somehow you have to make it all work."