[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Joshua looks from his text message from Irene to the door, then back to Mr Nisbet in a costume that he probably intends to be mainly on the DL. "That's probably my classmate. I kinda wandered off the beaten path as it were." Assuming the go-ahead to admit Irene to the room, Josh turns and opens the door.
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

The young prodigy lifts an inquisitive eyebrow at Cindy. Gearboy was something he hadn't been called so far. After looking at her for an incomfortable couple of seconds, he just rolls his eyes. The data that the old lady gave them was in a manner repetitive but there was also much more nobel information.
Olve nods at the leader of the old ladies. "That is more than we had, thank you." he says courtly. "We will follow that clue now, if you'd excuse us." he added as a parting goodbye, before pulling his chair off the table. "Lets get the others." is all that Skølldir relays to Cindy before rolling away from the common room.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E IC] The J.V. Team

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
HP: 2
----------

Her shoulders sagged with relief once she was finally away from those terrifying and deceptively evil card sharks. Maybe they did ended up learning at least a little something afterall, but she wasn't really the sorta person to brig together the big picture. Time to see if her best friend and the cute boy were up too. Hopefully nothing that would revoke her friendship status at least.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Maverick / Titaness

The door creaks open, revealing Irene's large frame. She flashes a slightly nervous smile, taking in the black-and-yellow costumed man inside.
"Ah, I see you met... someone? Mr. Nisbet?"
Nisbet's chest puffs up, and he swings one hand by his temple in a mock salute.
"You can call me the Beekeeper, ma'am! Scourge of the Freedom League, and now a respected elder among supervillains. Or, at least, those who survived. There are old villains and there are bold villains, but there are not many old, bold villains." He smiled broadly at his own witticism and then glanced between Joshua and Irene before his grin became more vulpine. He leans towards Josh and speaks in a whispered tone that's too loud to actually avoid carrying.
"Here she is, tiger, your chance to impress her with the doll..." His elbow is surprisingly sharp and accurate in finding Joshua's ribs.

Tough Stuff / Skølldir

The presence of the team, teenagers being unusual in these halls when not making dutifully bored visits of ensconced grandparents, has apparently been noted and passed through the grapevine. A girl of over six feet in height asking her way around has made an even larger impression, and Olev and Cindy get somewhat wandering, but sincere, directions that eventually lead them to a room with NAISMITH / NISBET written beside it, and the voices of their teammate speaking somewhat unintelligibly from behind the door, which is mostly closed.
OOC wrote:Just to keep things moving, I'm going to handwave Cindy and Olev finding the room, and have Titaness walk on in.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

The door opened just as she was about to knock again and she saw Maverick and new friend engaged in conversation lowering her hand with a slightly affected chuckle she smiled as she greeted them "Ah, I see you met... someone? Mr. Nisbet?"
Nisbet's chest puffs up, and he swings one hand by his temple in a mock salute.
"You can call me the Beekeeper, ma'am! Scourge of the Freedom League, and now a respected elder among supervillains. Or, at least, those who survived. There are old villains and there are bold villains, but there are not many old, bold villains." He smiled broadly at his own witticism and then glanced between Joshua and Irene before his grin became more vulpine. He leans towards Josh and speaks in a whispered tone that's too loud to actually avoid carrying.
"Here she is, tiger, your chance to impress her with the doll..." His elbow is surprisingly sharp and accurate in finding Joshua's ribs.
Irene raised an eyebrow at that last bit but shook her head with an exasperated sigh as she entered.

"If you're done we should probably grab the kids and head out." she said just as another familiar knock of a snall insistent fist rang out on the door.

Sorry didnt mean to delay was waiting for Mavericks response befroe posting :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Hearing voices from within the room, Cindy for once didn't try to jusy barge straight in. Instead she first crept up to the door and peaked in from around the corner. With the relief of seeing the other two and some colorfully dressed old guy, she popped in completely with a grin on her face.

"Hey, there you two are! We've been looking for you, and more specifically, hunting you down for not saving us from those old ladies! We were in a lotta trouble you know? I can still see the cards in my head..."
------------
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"You ask for permission when entering someone's room." Olev reminds the impetuous Cindy from his position on the hallway. He doesn't seem inclined to enter the room himself.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

She turns around and spits a raspberry in Olev's general direction.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua rolls his eyes at Nisbet's implications regarding Irene, but says nothing as Irene is quickly followed in by Cindy and Olev. "Looks like the gang's all here. Did any of you learn anything that Beekeeper here might be able to use to help us narrow down our search? He was active around the time Hazel would have been. He was about to tell me something else before you all arrived, so good timing."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tough Stuff
----------

Her eyes light up at the implication, "Whoa cool! You used to be a superhero? That's awesome! I mean, I never heard of you, but that's still pretty sweet." Before she rambles on further Cindy manages to catch herself. Right, Josh asked her something!

"Yeah, we learned a few things I guess. Wasn't a complete loss. Like, uh... Erhm...." Shuffling her feet, she feels her cheeks heat up the longer she stares at his face. She had it all in her head, but right now it just wasn't coming out.
------------
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

"With your permission..." says Olev quietly as he rolls inside the room.
As Joshua asks, and Cindy struggles with words, Skølldir clears his throat to focus attention on him. "Hazel Court went in an event at the former Student Union centre of Freedom College. Apparently incidents with illegal narcotics were rather common at that time and she might have been a casualty. The centre was abandoned and now works as a nightclub. Additionally, some one called Evelyn, a resident here, seems to have been collage friends with Hazel Court, and after she went missing, Evelyn received letters from her, as late as the 60s, claiming she was "alright"."
He stops there, having nothing else to say. As the others keep staring at him, he closes. "That is all"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:12 am"Whoa cool! You used to be a superhero? That's awesome! I mean, I never heard of you, but that's still pretty sweet."
Nisbet cackled delightedly at Cindy's misidentification, but doesn't correct her.

He listened to Olev's summary, and his brow furrowed.
"I hadn't remembered the drug problem being that bad, but kids will be kids. If you keep them away from dope, they start in on airplane glue and Cheez-wiz... Heh." His face light up with some private recollection. "And then there were the ones who tried smoking banana peels and oregano. Those were the days."
Camus

Skølldir

Post by Camus »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm Gamemaster
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:12 am"Whoa cool! You used to be a superhero? That's awesome! I mean, I never heard of you, but that's still pretty sweet."
Nisbet cackled delightedly at Cindy's misidentification, but doesn't correct her.

He listened to Olev's summary, and his brow furrowed.
"I hadn't remembered the drug problem being that bad, but kids will be kids. If you keep them away from dope, they start in on airplane glue and Cheez-wiz... Heh." His face light up with some private recollection. "And then there were the ones who tried smoking banana peels and oregano. Those were the days."
The young genius raises an eyebrow at the elder, but says nothing about the Beekeeper's recollection of drug induced memories. "We should go to investigate these places and see if we can get any more clues. It is getting late, and we have to have something written about all this for tomorrow" Olev said, turning his wheelchair around. "Oh, before we go, may I request from you one of those drone plushies, Mr. Beekeeper? I am a collector of things."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Giantess

Irene also added in what shed learned from the older woman shed helped about Hazel leaving the city and then returning after a possible failed marriage as they walked out.

"She seemed pretty sure that Hazel had come back around then, as far as she could be before the memories took her away,"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MAVERICK (Joshua Crowe)

Joshua pauses at the door as the group makes to leave. "Excuse me, Beekeeper. You had been about to say 'that's all, except... ' just before my classmates showed up. Do you remember what were going to say? "