[3E IC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Replica

Replica raised his hand and carefully focused on the remaining tiny figure, narrowing his focus on just that small body... and BLAM, it falling to the ground. In the background, Toy Boy lets out an annoyed, if monotonic, grunt. Shortly thereafter, Evelyn raises her shadow gun and points it at the Box 'N' Bot which was approaching Replica, boxing glove drawn back to strike. A long wispy tentacle of shadow snakes out and strikes the 'Bot on the chin, sending his head ratcheting upwards, before it snakes back into the gun.
OOC wrote:^_^ Well, so much for the NPCs rolling well... Toughness save: 1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13 takes down the last Space Patrol member, leaving only the two Box 'N' Bots and Toy Boy, and Toy Boy isn't looking great.

Evelyn will use her Long Shadows to hit the Box 'N' Bot harrying Replica. Toughness save: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15.

RIght... and we're down to Toy Boy and one 'Bot...
Initiative wrote:Titaness is up next.

Initiative
Toy Boy - 28 (-4 to Toughness, Staggered / Dazed [DC 12 breakout])
The Bug - 22
Tough Stuff - 15
Chuckles the Clown - 14 - Disabled
Replica - 10 - 2 HP, -3 to Toughness, Dazed
Evelyn Grae - 10 - HP 3, LP 1, -4 to Toughness
Box 'N' Bots x1 - 10
Titaness - 8 - -4 to Toughness
Express - 6 - 1 HP, -2 to Toughness

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2029
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Big Target (-4 bruised)

"Heh thanks tough Stuff, you're the Bomb!" she laughed easily as Cin took some of the pressure off her, it allowed her to engage the last Boxing Bot in a wicked fist fight which had her use every Hand to Hand trick she could think of on the Bot whose programming was pretty intensive on hand fighting.

Fortunately shed taken to the academies hand to hand courses like a duck to water and knew how to use her height and reach to her advantage especially when she picked up Muay Thai at Principle Summers suggestion. After working the bot over she finally managed to set it up enough to throw a brutal roundhouse kick using every bit of the reach of her now five plus foot long legs to really put some hurt on her opponent.

Irene will Power Attack the last Boxing Bot for -2/+2

_: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
that should hit for a DC 25 hit

Sorry for the delay had a brain fart :oops:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 am

Titaness

Irene waded into the Box 'N' Bot's guard with considerable enthusiasm. The machine could bob and weave, and was initially quite successful in avoiding her attacks, but over time, the extensive training available at the Academy won over. Time and again, Irene smashed at the upraised guard while striking the relatively undefended sides with shin kicks, and the damage mounted up as lightning flashed brighter around her outline. With a final roundhouse, Irene sent the robot sailing across the room to crash into the opposing wall, where the struggling Toy Boy suddenly shuddered and fell still.

There was a moment of silence, punctuated only by the descending whirs and hums of mechanisms powering down before a spectral form oozed from the fallen body of Toy Boy, coaslecing into a ghastly translucent golem. Yarn hair over cracked plastic, springs hanging out from rents in cheap replica clothing, the joints of the arms mere marionette's hinges... it stood unevenly, like a rag doll sagged into place before straightening slightly.
"So, it's come to this, fighting mini-heroes," Toy Boy's spectre rasped, sounding paradoxically more human now despite sounding like he should be six feet under. "Even my attempt at protecting my legacy, foiled by you little snots..." He glared to either side of the room, at the boxes of Toy Dolls identical to what now lay on the floor by computer stacked high.
"And then, the ultimate insult... my likeness turned into some kind of Good Guy, to be cuddled and coddled the way mother and father did right up until my twenties, right up until I engineered their deaths to free myself." The boxes begin to rattle, small plastic hands pushing at their cellophane and cardboard prisons.

"You've shown yourselves very good at rampant destruction... you'll make short work of these mockeries, but in that time, my computer virus will finish wiping the files, and you will have done my work for me, destroying the prototypes." Limbs begin to thrust out of the boxes, and the air is filled with cheerful chuckles and choruses of "Hello, good buddy!" and "If you can't find a friend, make a friend, I always say!"

Express suddenly stands beside Toy Boy, her wrist-mounted claw arcing in a vicious swipe that passes right through him.
"Oh, enough with that," Toy Boy says, his voice tightening with indignation, "I'm an unreal boy, now." He turned back towards the heroes, ignoring Express's continued assault.
"So, enjoy your fight, kids, because us adults have work to d—" His speech is interrupted by a very distinctive horn fanfare followed by a hip-hop beat, each measure preceded by an odd shrill vocal whistle.
"Oh God... he didn't stay distracted for long..." Toy Boy mumbles as the boxes along the walls cease movement and the ceiling begins to glow softly and then a blond-haired tyke in a purple shirt with a Q on it and jeans shorts, begins to descend from through the ceiling, doing some sort of bizarre rhythmic "running in place" dance, ignoring gravity until he touched down on the ground, whereupon he began to moonwalk backwards towards Toy Boy. With a snap of his fingers, the music stopped, and he wheeled around, looking straight at Toy Boy's spectral form.

"Come on, Desmond, dance! The things you guys come up with... the music! The games! The..." he suddenly turned, his flopping hair revealing pointed ears as he looked over the heroic teenagers, his face widening in a grin that nearly reaches his ears.
"The heroes! You brought entertainment!"
"Of course I did," Toy Boy says, his voice flat, but no longer the monotone of the toy body he'd been in.
OOC wrote:Toughness: 1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21 doesn't fail by much, but such is the life of a minion.

At this point, with all that remains being Toy Boy, and his alternate form not being something you guys could normally touch (I was originally going to let this be Merryweather's point to shine since his magic would work), I'm kicking off the second half of the adventure. I'll give you guys a few days for any reactions / dialogue / etc.

And, at that point, I will pull Skolldir and Miraculous in, and phase out Express and Evelyn (and possibly sideline The Bug for a bit since Macyn has said he will be absent for a bit at the end of the month).

It's a DC 10 (available untrained) Expertise (Freedom City or Current Events or other knowledge you feel appropriate) check to recognize Quirk and know that he is a very powerful, if childish, extradimensional being that has been playing games with the city's heroes since 1994. A better check might net you more information on how heroes have managed to prevail against him.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: ...(Fatigue)
HP: 1
----------

Cindy could only stare in disbelief at the scene before her, the strange thing suddenly appearing out of nowhere and... dancing? To some weird hip hop song that she didn't know either. "...What?"

Turning towards the others she points to the duo with her bat. "You guys are seeing this too, right? Not just me? Maybe that clown finally knocked somethin' loose."
Gonna fall back on her complication of being a bit of a ditz and have her be completely, utterly clueless with no hope of actually knowing what's going on.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Gamemaster

"I'm seeing it too," Evelyn said in a low voice, "I think that's Quirk. Godlike powers, mind of a kid... or so Mom and Dad have said. He's in it for his own amusement. Sometimes he helps heroes. Sometimes he helps villains. He and Toy Boy used to hang out a lot because of the whole toy and fun motif, although I think things soured when Toy Boy started getting more desperate and homicidal."
OOC wrote:FWIW, Express and Evelyn's rolls. Evelyn succeeded, but Express did not.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2029
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Big Cluless Target (-4 bruised)

As Irene stared at the specatacle of first a ghostly Toy boy then someone Evelyn named Quirk popping in out of nowhere like some demented Cartoon Irenes normally sharp mind hit a bit of a speed bump as she tried like mad but couldn't bring anything to bear.
Turning towards the others she points to the duo with her bat. "You guys are seeing this too, right? Not just me? Maybe that clown finally knocked somethin' loose."
"I'm seeing it too," Evelyn said in a low voice, "I think that's Quirk. Godlike powers, mind of a kid... or so Mom and Dad have said. He's in it for his own amusement. Sometimes he helps heroes. Sometimes he helps villains. He and Toy Boy used to hang out a lot because of the whole toy and fun motif, although I think things soured when Toy Boy started getting more desperate and homicidal."
"Who?" Irene asked as clueless about the whole affair as Cindy was.

Irenes Int check _: 1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

yeah of all the times for Irene to be clueless this is too much comedic timing to pass up


Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:26 am

Gamemaster

Toy Boy says to the cosmic imp, with a malicious gleam in his eyes, and a grin on his face, "So Quirk, how did you like playing Crawlways & Corridors?"

With a shrug, Quirk replies, "Ah, it was okay. Not the best game I’ve ever played."
Toy Boy waves a hand at the captive audience and says, "But look at all these new Mortimers! Let’s take it to the next level!"

A joyous grin spreads across Quirk’s face. "Brilliant!" he says, and with a snap of his fingers, the world dissolves in a flash of light.

When your vision clears, you find yourself standing in what might look like an abandoned subway station except that it's oddly unformed, the ceiling and floor a dull metallic substance that's not quite matte and not quite shiny, the walls made out of the same material, but with a texture that suggests brick. Behind you, there's a stretch of track that extends into dark tunnels on either side. Quirk and Toy Boy are standing in front of you, at the mouth of a passageway probably ten feet wide that looks to have a few corridors branching off on either side before a room which has interposing walls. Mounted on the wall above imp and villain is a large digital clock, which currently reads "3:00.00".

The other thing that you notice are that Express, Evelyn, and The Ant aren't present. Toy Boy pipes up and says, "I owe Evelyn's parents a favor, so she's excepted from this ordeal. The girl who clawed my face... nah, just didn't like her."
Quirk affects a slightly abashed look and adds, "And... we might have lost track of the little guy. I mean... there are some really big things I had to put together here, and when one of the heroes is the size of a mini-fig..." He shrugs carelessly and snaps his fingers. Suddenly, flanking you on either side, are two vaguely familiar-looking students. One is a blonde-haired girl that you remember as being very quiet for the most part. The other is a dark-haired boy in a shiny wheelchair that got in trouble a few days ago, something about a premature detonation that he claimed was completely under control at the time.

"So," Quirk says, "Any questions? The clock will start when you do."
OOC wrote:L-Space has been online, so I figure he's had a chance to have his say. Anything he wants to interject can happen in the moments before transport. Macyn... hasn't been on for a while. I have a sneaking suspicion that his planned absence dropped a little early. So he's in-pocket, so to speak.

Expertise (Popular Culture) check for "Crawlways & Corridors" for the main group if you want to recall any facts about it. The DC is pretty low, all things considered.

Skolldir and Miraculous appear suddenly from what they'd been up to on-campus, with all of their regular gear with them. Everyone is free to recognize them, or not, as you wish the case to be. Notably, they are probably lacking a fair amount of background as to what is happening, but a "I explain the situation to them and what we know so far" will basically catch them up.

If you want to post what you were doing before being transported, you are welcome to.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Replica
HP: 2 LP: 0
Condition: -3 Toughness
Form: Normal
________________

Replica had no idea how to deal with what was going on. He had seen some pretty messed up things on the streets and some amazing things at the Academy, but neither prepared him for Toy Boy ghosts and an extradimensional trickster doing the running man of all things. He was so shocked it actually snapped him out of his electric form. "Guys, I think that last hit gave me a concussion because $!@# is getting really fricking weird."
OOC wrote:Sorry for the delayed responses, work has been a pain and free time has been...sporadic.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1413
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 pm

HP 1
CND: Shocked but looking at it with science

The young man was clearly shocked, he turns his head round and round, up and down. His spectacles move out of place, as he pushes up from his chair to look back as well. "Wha-" he mutters, looking up again. "Wher-" he says gain looking at the other assembled alumni of the academy. "Who-" he asks again, and his gaze falls on the pair of villains for the first time. "Oh dritt..." he exclaims recognizing the extra-dimensional entity. Suddenly everything makes sense. Sort of at least. He could now understand how he was pulled from campus and into this... oddly built place; surely to serve as entertainment for the mad creature. Why did he pick him out of anyone was anyone's guess. They say that delving into a madman's reasons might make you crazy too, so Skoldir didn't gave much thought to it. Instead, he planned his next move . The norwegian tech prodigy shifts in his chair, to deviate the attention from a sliding compartment on the back, that produces a small orb of metal, and soon enough sprouts 4 legs and remains hidden behind the wheelchair. "What is the meaning of this?" he asks the villainous duo, gathering all the courage he could muster, to further distract them from his droid.

Raw intelligence check to identify Quirk: 10
Raw intelligence check to identify Toy Boy's ghost: 14
If able I'd like to spam a turbomber. It is subtle and insidious. Turbomber has +20 stealth and will immediatly go into hiding with a 37
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 am

Gamemaster

Skolldir recognizes the ghostly figure as definitely toylike, although what exactly it's supposed to represent is beyond him. Some kind of... rag doll, maybe? Whatever it is, it's pretty hideous although it does look vaguely familiar. Now the figure beside him is more familiar, something he's seen in images of the history of the Freedom League. Blonde, pointy ears, a vague air of cosmic menace, large Q on his shirt... it must be Quirk, self-professed interdimensional imp and troublemaker, although Skolldir realizes he's a bit vague on the details other than that he's generally considered no more malicious than your average teenager, which admittedly does not rule out much.

As the robot slips out and hides, there's a melodious ding sound, and the clock starts decrementing. Now that it's in motion, it's obvious that it shows three minutes on the front.
"Wow... and I thought I was bad about skipping cutscenes," Quirk said, stepping off to one side and motioning to the corridor.
"Time is ticking, heroes," Toy Boy says with a vicious grin on his face, "You can defuse the bombs, right?" He similarly drifts aside, and motions the heroes on. "Just watch your step... wouldn't do to lose all of you to the traps."
"Heh," Quirk says, "I'm sure one of them is packing a ten foot pole." There's a few seconds of silence before Toy Boy shakes his head and sighs, causing Quirk's grin to get larger.
OOC wrote:10 is enough to recognize Quirk. This ghastly version of Toy Boy doesn't look much at all like he did before, so the DC is higher, and Skolldir misses it, albeit not by too much.
Image

And, as per the scenario, the first action taken by the heroes kicks off the timer. Cosmic being, not much escapes him in the course of one of his games... Everyone gets a Hero Point as the danger kicks off.

I'm going to operate loosely with time such that, if people split up, they may be on different timelines with a bit of fudging to justify communication.So people can post their actions, and I'll interrupt said actions when you have choices to make. Three minutes is 30 rounds, and most of you have some form of moving fast.

As per the map, you can see that there are side corridors 5 feet in on either side, and 15 feet in on the right. About 30 feet in, there are some wider corridors splitting off, and further on, it looks like the corridor makes a 90 degree turn.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2241
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
2 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Everything happened in a blink. Literally.

One moment, Hope was watching the other battle happening in the city, unaware of the events of her fellow students' struggles, and in the span of time while her eyes were closed in a natural bodily function to maintain moisture and cleanliness of the eyes, otherwise known as a blink, and opening it, the blonde teen went from sitting in the common room at Clairmont, the next she was standing in some kind of metal subway tunnel in full gear along side other students who weren't even in the common room with her.

<<Wait, what? Bombs?! Would someone explain what is going on? Where are we? What bombs?>> Hope's voice comes from her position, but her lips don't move. She's fairly well known to be mute, but anything but quiet with her sonokinetic powers and while she was taken entirely off guard, she reaches for her escrima sticks as she asks rapid fire questions as apparently something happened to start the timer abruptly before they could get any more information.

She frowns at the others and gives her head a shake. <<Nevermind, no time for explanations. We need to locate these bombs quickly.>> she glances at the timer and looks at the multiple offshoot tunnels. <<I haven't practiced it much.. but I could try some kind of echolocation!>>

The bombs were the priority. If "wherever they were" happened to be under a building, other innocent people could get hurt, so the "where", "why" and "how" wasn't important, just the "what" which was locating and somehow diffusing bombs.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:28 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: JERKS!(Fatigue)
HP: 2
----------

"Wha-?! Hey! What gives? You jerks! Are you trying to kill them or something? Not everyone here is bomb-proof like me you know!" She calls out, not even hesitating to pick up a baseball and lug it at the apparitions with no thought as to the consequences.
Not having any ranks in expertise to speak of, no ability to roll for me. I doubt she can actually hit these guys right now, so I won't actually bother rolling an attack on them.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Tough Stuff

Cindy's baseball sails right through Toy Boy, and veers around Quirk, who frowns and raises an index finger on his right hand. Cindy suddenly finds herself frozen, unable to move.
"Ah ah ah..." Quirk says, waggling the finger, "Roughing the tutorial NPC will put you in the penalty box for... well, OK, we never really got to rules, so I'll be easy on you. Six seconds is a goldfish's memory, right?"
OOC wrote:Continuing on with directions from the module, Cindy is frozen for a round (it's supposed to be more, but given she's already moving at half speed due to Fatigue...)

Timeline
Miraculous
Tough Stuff: 1 round / (Fatigued)
Titaness: -4 to Toughness
Replica: -3 to Toughness
Skolldir

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Replica
HP: 3 LP: 0
Condition: -3 Toughness
Form: Normal
________________
FuzzyBoots wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 am
Gamemaster

As the robot slips out and hides, there's a melodious ding sound, and the clock starts decrementing. Now that it's in motion, it's obvious that it shows three minutes on the front.
"Wow... and I thought I was bad about skipping cutscenes," Quirk said, stepping off to one side and motioning to the corridor.
"Time is ticking, heroes," Toy Boy says with a vicious grin on his face, "You can defuse the bombs, right?" He similarly drifts aside, and motions the heroes on. "Just watch your step... wouldn't do to lose all of you to the traps."
"Heh," Quirk says, "I'm sure one of them is packing a ten foot pole." There's a few seconds of silence before Toy Boy shakes his head and sighs, causing Quirk's grin to get larger.
Crapcrapcrap. Need to give the smart people more time to figure things out. "Hey! You can't start the game when you haven't even told us the rules yet. Aren't games more fun if people actually know how to play?"
OOC wrote: Going to try an untrained persuasion check to buy us more time. Persuasion: 1D20 = [20] = 20
Of course I get a Nat 20 on a fricking persuasion check...
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Making this 100% worse for herself(Fatigue)
HP: 2>3
----------

The brief momment she spent as a statue weren't enough to make her forget about exactly how Quirk worded himself. To most, they'd see it as the jab at her admittedly poor intellectual prowess it was, but to Cindy...

"-Hey, who are you to get off saying that I'm so unbelievably tiny I may as well be kept in a fishbowl?! You're going to live to regret that. You might think you're hot stuff but I'm not done yet!"

With that, she proceeds to try and leap up as if she were going to bat him right out of the air. This was, of course, going to be an utter failure and everyone knew it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

Post Reply