[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Post Reply
User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: Ready to do some damage.
___________________

Going to be hard to catch theses guys while they're buzzing around... Alex then notices the water on the floor from the broken fountain and breaks out into a grin. Taking on a watery form, Replica stands over the guard and lashes out at the closest plane with a whip like tendril. "Take that!" he gurgles.
OOC wrote:Move to take on Water Form: Elongation 2, Str-based Damage 4 (Accurate), Immunity Bludgeoning 20 - Limited to Half Effect, Insubstantial 1, Protection 5 Impervious 7, Regeneration 2. Use elongation to attack any of the planes that are within 30ft of me, if they're out of range I'll hold my action until they get close enough. Attack - Water Whip: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15 DC21 if that's a hit.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 am

Replica

While the ceiling is high, it's not too high to make out the planes zooming around. With a watery hiss, Replica tendril of water smacks the side of one of the planes. Its engine sputters and the plane goes into a nose-dive, this time not pulling up in time and crashing to the ground, immediately going inert.
OOC wrote:The planes have a Dodge bonus of +7, but a Parry of only 5, so that will hit. Toughness: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13 fails the Toughness save and, as a minion, it is destroyed.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24
  • Titaness - 22
  • Express - 17
  • Merryweather - 17
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • Evelyn Grae - 15
  • Fabulous Fighters - 3
Titaness is up.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Bruised x1


Irene grunted as the planes mini explosions went off against her back fortunately she was a lot tougher then she looked and her suits insulation helped shed the worst of the blasts.

She crackled with electricity again and went up on one knee at a now robust eighteen feet in height and took a swipe at a couple of the planes King Kong style trying to swat them from the air while keeping as much of her much larger body between the planes and the others as she could without hindering them.

She'll activate about 6 ranks of growth which should put her right around 18-20 feet give or take and should be at +6/+10 on both offense and defense

:arrow: Quick eidt per Fuzzy no aoe on her height so just the reachand a smack of a plane taking 10 for the minion
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: –1 to Toughness

Trinh watched as her friends leapt into action, Tough Stuff and Titaness both shielding the guards, and Replica and Titaness both smacking some of the toy planes out of the sky. This was going about as well as their last training session, so Merryweather and Evelyn were probably going to start shooting back next. Still, having the guards here was probably going to hinder their efforts.

With a flex somewhere inside her mind, Express brought the world around her to a halt. The staccato rhythm of the machine guns silenced, the angry hornet buzz of the rockets locked into a permanent bass note, the lightning coursing across Irene's body a solid latticework of pure light. Trinh walked over to the first of the guards, grabbed him under the armpits, and dragged him outside the warehouse door, around the corner and a little ways down the ally. She walked back, grabbed the other guard, and dragged him to the same location. She returned to her previous position next to the door.

With a sudden rush of noise and light, time resumed its standard flow.

"Tee-Ess, Merry: The guards are outside!" she shouted over the din, "Let's clear the air."
OOC wrote:Using my Time Stop Manipulation Teleport power as a Move Action, I can move things within a 60' burst of me up to 120', so long as they weigh less than 200 lbs. From the doorway to the downed guards should be less than sixty feet and a 120' range should be enough to get them someplace reasonably out of immediate danger. Hopefully these guys aren't too fond of their donuts.

After that, I'll use my Standard to declare that I'm using a Defend Action and my Time Stop Dodge Deflect power to shield the next person attacked by the drones.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Titaness and Express

The planes dart with agility and their small size compared to her makes Titaness's task difficult, but far from impossible. With arms the size of tree trunks swinging with the force of an anti-aircraft gun, it was inevitable that some carnage would occur. One swatted plane flies across the room and embeds into the concrete, letting out a desultory whine as it powers down.

Meanwhile, Express briefly flickers and reappears in a slightly different pose, breathing a bit more heavily. The guards are gone from the room. The remaining two planes buzz angrily about the ceiling, apparently still considering their targets.
OOC wrote:With a Parry of +5, that will hit. With its Toughness, it would have to roll a 20 to pass. Toughness save: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15 and it does not.

And yes, the guards would be under 200 lbs, so you're good on that.
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound)
  • Express - 17 (1 Wound)
  • Merryweather - 17 (1 Wound)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • Evelyn Grae - 15
  • Fabulous Fighters - 3
Merryweather is up.

Toast Burglar
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 am

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Toast Burglar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:02 am

Merryweather
HP: 1-1 = 0; Condition: Bruised (-1)

As Express got rid of the guards in all but a flicker of motion so that safety would be assured, Merryweather would smirk. "Indeed Ms. Express, let's shall!" he would agree, the eyes on the skull of his cane lighting up as if by a pair of blue LEDs.

Brewing overhead, within the building, simply by the ceiling, there would form dark clouds, coursing with electrical currents. Raising the Staff of Tlaloc up, and promptly swiping down at nothing in particular, a bolt of oddly-colored electricity shot downwards at one of the toy planes.

Tlaloc's Lightning: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10


OOC: Missing entirely and striking but a few inches to his left.

Hahahahaha, no. Hero Point.

Tlaloc's Lightning: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18


DC23 if that hits.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1709
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Pitching
HP: 1
----------

"...There were guards?" The girl spoke, clueless. "I mean uh- Good, good job! I was really worried about them, now I can wreck stuff without worry! These guys are a bit out of reach though..."

Fishing in her backpack for one of the balls she brought along, likely without permission from the coach, she stuck out her tongue and squinted at one of them. Once she felt her aim was true, her arm cocked back just to be snapped forward, flinging the tiny projectile from her hands.
Baseball pitch: 16, DC 20 if hit
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Merryweather and Tough Stuff

The lightning lances down, seemingly originating from nowhere, and intersecting with one of the small planes. Its engine sputters and it slowly drifts down to the floor, where it powers down with a seeming sigh.

The one remaining plane circles the ceiling, narrowly evading the baseball and giving a jaunty waggle of its wings as it circles for another strafing run.
OOC wrote:That hits, and Toughness save: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15 means that the jet does not survive the attack.

Unfortunately, Tough Stuff's baseball just barely misses. Their Dodge is +7
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Replica - 24
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound)
  • Express - 17 (1 Wound)
  • Merryweather - 17 (1 Wound)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • Evelyn Grae - 15
  • Fabulous Fighters - 3
Evelyn Grae is up.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


Evelyn watched the plane circling, muttering to herself as she waited. "Turning, turning, wait, tur- NOW!" she cried and flexed her right gauntlet, a shimmering, pulsing barrier snapping into existence in the plane's path as it straightened out.

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC:
Readied Action: Standing Wave (Create 7) to make a wall right in front of the last plane as it comes in for the strafing run. With luck this will trigger some sort of plane-ness complication relating to the inability to not go forwards and result in a collision. At the very least, it should serve as a Counter against the plane's attack. Per GM request: Create attack roll: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10
Noctis Projector remains inactive.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Gamemaster

Remembering tales of her parents compatriots using a similar idea against Johnny Rocket ("You should have seen his expression when he ran into the Mysterious Mime's wall... it was like a bird hitting a window pane, except it was that goofy grin smashed up against the wall... you can bet the polaroid got passed around on that one!"), Evelyn attempted to erect a force wall in front of one of the planes as it dove to attack. Unfortunately, her force constructs were not invisible, and she pulled the trigger just a tad too early. The toy jet goes into a tight loop-de-loop, a squeal and squeaking sounds heralding the stress put on the toy jet as it avoids the disk by mere inches and then rains down bullets on the barrier, shivering the surface, before returning to angrily buzzing around the ceiling in tight circles.
OOC wrote:It's a clever move. Lacking a good context for the action, I asked for the attack roll for the precise placement to cause it to crash and then rolled a Vehicles check. Vehicles check: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12 results in it not crashing into the sudden barrier, but that will give cover against its attack (in retrospect, I could have used the "Entrapment" rules to judge whether it "dodged" the barrier.

How are you defining the Selective? Or are you applying it?

For its attack, I'll assume it shoots the disc. As a Defenseless object, a successful attack works like a critical. Attack Roll: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14 is sufficient to hit, but not to get Multi-attack damage assuming you weren't trying to shield everyone. That's DC 21 damage. Given objects Take 10, that's one degree of damage to the barrier, not enough to break through.
Initiative wrote: Round 2
  • Replica - 24
  • Titaness - 22 (1 Wound)
  • Express - 17 (1 Wound)
  • Merryweather - 17 (1 Wound)
  • Tough Stuff - 16
  • Evelyn Grae - 15 (Barrier: -1)
  • Fabulous Fighter (x1) - 3
Replica is up.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: Normal
___________________

Replica eyes the last plane, before slashing the toy plane down the middle. He turns to the rest of the group with a smile on his face, "Well that wasn't so bad."
OOC wrote:Attack - Water Whip: 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24
DC21 Toughness save.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 842
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:19 am

Replica

Behind Replica, the final toy plane lands in two pieces on the ground. The only sound in the room is the trickling water of the broken fountain basin, the faint sounds of the city outside, and the low hum of the lighting.
OOC wrote:Toughness save: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10 is a failed Toughness save.

You are out of combat. Two hurt guards and a trashed lobby is what you know so far. The front desk has a computer which is turned on, but has a log-in prompt. It's a DC 25 Technology check to hack the log-in password, and another DC 25 check to get the security cameras working. The base time is 4 minutes (Rank 5 Time measurement) for each of those actions. Per the 2E Challenge rules, a -5 on your check (you can take multiple) will let you take the time down one rank each. You can Take 20 on either check because there's no lockout.

Tough Stuff, Titaness, and Replica get an HP for shielding the guards.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:06 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 2; Condition: Bruised x1

Irene stood up from her knee adjusting her height down as she did till she was a mere twelve feet tall and then retaking a knee near the group.

"Did you see the plane Tough Stuff missed?" she spoke softly enough for her teammates to hear her while trying to avoid anyone listening in.

"Either those things were programmed to be jerks, or someone's controlling them from close by with an eye on things."

Does regen one kick in out of combat? if so she heals her bruise otherwise shes taking a recovery action and keeping her eyes open.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


"Either those things were programmed to be jerks, or someone's controlling them from close by with an eye on things." "Oh-ho", Evelyn trilled, "if someone can pry the electronics out of one of those, I can figure that out. Might take them for my own. I'll get started on the computer, shouldn't even take five minutes to make my toy. I bet I can guess the password before I finish hacking. T-O-Y-S-A-R-E-T-O-" she trailed off with a wide grin as she walked over to the active terminal and began plugging her gauntlet in.

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC:
Making the Technology checks as routine checks. 10 die result + 18 Technology bonus + 2 themed passwords circumstance bonus = 30, take the -5 to cut time to 2 minutes per. Done in four minutes, assuming Cindy sits still that long!
Setting Ray-Ser Projector to Radio Wave for the Radio sense. Should hint at any remote control going on.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:10 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: –1 to Toughness

"Looks like the security cameras aren't locked." Trinh said, walking over to the desk to stand next Evelyn,
"I'm assuming our Secret Santa is probably smart enough to avoid the cameras, but maybe there's other guards or workers injured somewhere in here..."

Trinh concentrated on figuring out the strange system. The basics seemed straightforward enough, keyboard, mouse, monitors... But the list of options was lengthy and kind of poorly labelled. It probably made sense to the guys who were both trained on it and worked with it everyday. But Trinh was kind of in a hurry here. Workstations, devices, recorders, cameras... she read the list of menus, Okay, cameras. Umm... Zones? Yeah. That looks like it. Is this live? Yeah... 'LOBBY FT 360' that's us. Trinh looked up at the black dome above her head and on the screen (with only two seconds of lag, Trinh intuitively counted) she looked up.

"Okay... I think I've got this. Let's see what we can see."
OOC wrote: Technology normally can't be used Untrained, but the Operate a Device subset of the skill can be. I'll use Extra Effort for the +2 circumstance bonus, adding to my base Intellect +4, and Take 20 for a total of 26; Beating the DC 25 with one degree of success.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Post Reply