[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Toast Burglar
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 am

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Toast Burglar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 am

Merryweather
HP: 1; Condition: Amused

The trip in one of Irene's pockets was interesting. Cyrus happened to essentially always be ready for such an event, sliding a white and black domino mask out of his inside coat pocket and onto his face, covering his eyes and cheekbones quite comfortably. The rest was basically cut and dry what he always wore.

Upon arrival, he heard a bit of commotion, before being released from the confines of the pocket he dwelled in and placed on the ground. "Many gratitudes, Titaness, your pocketspace was more comfortable than a gentleman should imagine. Now then," he would thank, before stepping forward intently, the sound of his cane clicking against the ground as he approached the door where his classmates were gathering.

It seemed Evelyn was poking numbered keys to input a code, while Cindy needed a bit of convincing to not just bash it down. "Right you are, Express. Busting down the door will add to our doubtlessly long list of broken rules, and I'd rather our accolades outshine our misbehavior. Every bit helps," he spoke, twirling his cane casually all the while.

"And besides," he continued just a bit longer, holding his cane near the bottom, as though holding a mallet now, "I'm certain there'll be plenty to smash up in but a few moments time beyond that door."

Knowing anything about security systems and modern villains, he felt safe giving the brash lass a modicum of hope on that front.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Gamemaster

With the code given to her by her parents, it doesn't take long for Evelyn to get the door started opening, although it takes a bit of time for the doors to ratchet open, the mechanism quiet, but slow.

The door probably a good 10 feet tall, opens up to the lobby of the Fun-Time building, its ceiling 20 feet high, and in a shambles. The main reception desk has been smashed, and two battered security guards lay motionless in the middle of the room. Water creeps across the marble tile from a broken fountain basin, and a wide corridor continues deeper into the building beyond the reception desk. Up in the dim recesses of the ceiling, you can see toy planes dangling down, swaying slightly, likely suspended from the ceiling.
OOC wrote:Can I get a Perception check from anyone entering? It's a DC of 25.

Evelyn, there's a DC 10 Intellect check for you as well.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


As the door creaked and ratcheted its way up, Evelyn turned back to the others, sweeping an arm from above her head down through a deep exaggerated bow as her other hand gestured to the doorway. "After, of course, you." she said, turning in the general direction of Replica, Tough Stuff, and Merryweather without bothering to indicate who she was talking to.

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC:
Perception: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10, failed (2 DoF)
Intellect: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21, succeeded (3 DoS)

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: Normal

Trinh’s breath caught in her throat when she spotted the guards. Whatever snarky reply she had for Evelyn vanished. Please don’t be dead. Please don’t be dead... She stepped aside to be sure that Tough Stuff, Titaness, and the other bullet-proof members of the team could go in first.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: Normal
____________________

Alex eyes were still adjusting from coming outside, so he couldn't see much inside, but he did see the guards. He rushes forward to see if they're ok. Anyone have any medical training?
OOC: wrote: Perception: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9 :face palm:
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Ready


Irene mostly smiled warmly but brushed off humbly any praise of her running skills. She did however note the downed security personnel and was glad for the Schools first aid course and the fact that her mom had taught her a number of things to use to help people. She knelt down next to each one and checked them for obvious injuries and more gently for any less obvious internal injuries.

Irenes perception check and a treatment check on the downed guards

perception treatment: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16

22 for perception is a bust, 16 for treatment
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Toast Burglar
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 am

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Toast Burglar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Merryweather
HP: 1; Condition: Subtly Anxious

Turning his cane in hand so as to minimize the noise he was making he entered the building behind everyone else, whilst calculating the price of this gaggle's prospective dinner... He might need to dip into some of his life savings to pay it off.

He didn't let that much rattle him, as there was plenty else to do so inside the building instead. His eyes swept through the room, several guard have been dispatched, alongside a perfectly good desk and fountain. "Well look at the bright side, Tough Stuff," he would say, eating his words from a few moments prior, "If you do happen to smash stuff here, we can blame the villains."

Perception: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
- Failed by One Degree

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Not looking where she's going
HP: 1
----------

"I wasn't going to smash anything!" She lied, her voice an indigent whine. "I was merely... Trying to get a head start! Hmph."

With a huff, she enters the door, sadly not at all first like she had planned. Cindy didn't stop walking once she's in however, and somehow manages to complete avoid stepping on the downed men without even noticing them in the first placre. "Whatever, I'm going up ahead to scout out. You guys wait back here."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 am

Gamemaster

As the various Claremont students clamor into the lobby and begin attending to the guards, tinny music begins to play from speakers somewhere in the lobby. Up in the ceiling, there's a twanging sound, as wires snap and the vehicles stored above start falling. Much to everyone's surprise (while they might have expected something like this, in this case, the possibility had fled their minds), they begin to pull up from their freefall and begin strafing runs on the team. First, one unloads a series of miniature missiles that streak toward the three heroes attempting to tend to guards. Before the heroes can do little more than ascertain that the guards are still breathing, the swarm of missiles swerve to all target Replica, barely missing him, but the majority of them pulling around for another attempt on the target. Unfortunately, several of the mini-missile that didn't strike still explode due to proximity, creating a brief halo of fire and concussion.

Three other small jets unload with surprisingly realistic machine guns on the heroes at the door. As the tiny bullets lance at the teenage heroes, Express takes the brunt of it, but the other two are not left unscathed. After their strafing runs, all four airplanes loop back up towards ceiling, likely in preparation for another run on the heroes.
OOC wrote:I'm probably wrong — I often am — but I found no mention of Uncanny Dodge or Danger Sense among the team, so the Fun-Time Fabulous Fighter Squad gets a surprise round with the defenders Stunned and Vulnerable. There are four of them. One of them immediately targets Replica, as the seeming hardest target with a partial area-burst set of missiles. Attack roll (Ranged): 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11 means that they miss Replica, which means that Replica, Titaness, and Tough Stuff are facing a DC 13 Dodge Save (bonus halved for being Vulnerable, Replica taking no damage if he makes his Dodge save due to him having been the initial target, which was missed) and either a DC 18 our DC 16 Toughness save depending on how they made their Dodge save. Any one character can willingly fail their Dodge save to shield the fallen guards.

The other three miniature jet fighters each deliver machine-gun attacks on the three who did not rush in. Attack roll (Ranged): 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24 / 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16 / 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
Fortunately, the first fighter falls just short of hitting with three degrees of success, so that's only a DC 21 Toughness save, although you are short your two ranks of Defensive Roll.
For Evelyn, that's a mere hit for DC 19. The same for Merryweather (Don't forget that Defensive Roll doesn't apply when Vulnerable, as in a surprise round).

If people could roll initiative?
Initiative wrote: Round 1
  • Fabulous Fighters 3
  • Express - ?
  • Evelyn Grae - ?
  • Replica - ?
  • Titaness - ?
  • Merryweather - ?
  • Tough Stuff - ?

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:26 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Unfazed
HP: 1
----------

Cindy didn't move or flinch an inch the moment the planes dropped down and started swarming everyone, her body inadvertently shielding a downed guardsman as the tiny toy missiles bounced off her skin like pebbles. "...Seriously?"
Willingly failing that check, as that seems like her. As a +3 damage effect, that already doesn't get past her impervious even when you take into account the fact it get's halved. In other words, she's just fine.
Initiative: 16
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Batgirl III » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:53 am

Express
Phan Thi Trinh; HP: 1; Condition: –1 to Toughness

”Ride of the @&$# Valkyries!? Seriously!?” Trinh yelled above the din as she tried to dive out of the way. Wagner and attack helicopters was not a happy association for Trinh. In her flabbergasted anger, she was caught off guard and didn’t quite roll with the impact like she should. It hurt, but nothing serious. ”Here they come again...”
OOC wrote: Toughness: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20; One Degree of Failure for a –1 circumstance penalty to further resistance checks against damage.

Initiative : 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:03 am

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Big shield

Irene didn't bother dodging the incoming attacks she couldn't or else the downed guards would become casualties. Instead she exhaled and suddenly her body expanded to twelve feet of height as she put her now lengthy body between the explosions and the wounded.


Irenes going to shield the guards by getting big activating 4 ranks of growth makes thinsg a bit tight but covers anyone behind her

her toughness save versus DC 18

_: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20


Current stats Str 8 Sta 8 Dodge parry 6 toughness 8

Initiative check _: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Toast Burglar
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 am

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Toast Burglar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:55 am

Merryweather
HP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1), Hyped(?)

Toughness: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18


The sound of snapping thread was enough to initiate the start of combat. His eyes turned skyward, but was stunned to find a set of flighted miniatures approaching, with some novelty tunes playing in accompaniment. "Well shucks," he would mutter, unsure of what to make of it, before a moment of unceremonious miniature gunfire sprayed in his direction. Staggering in surprise, he found himself taking a couple scratches, Tlaloc would be displeased.

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17


Reeling very slightly, he would plant his feet firmly, twirling his cane and prepare for action, slamming the base onto the ground. "Very well. Let us dance!" he would declare, eyes alight with excitement.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Nunya B » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Evelyn
HP 2, LP 1 : Normal
----- ===== ----- ===== -----


Ducking to the side the tiny planes swept in on their first pass, Evelyn paused in appreciation as her gaze met the planes and then the stream of bullets met her trailing foot.
"Hahaowha!, she cried as the tiny bullets clattered off her armor, "These people have class!"

----- ===== ----- ===== -----
OOC: TOU save against DC 19: 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26
Initiative: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by L-Space » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Replica (Alex Mason)
HP: 1 LP:1
Condition: Surprised.
___________________

Alex could only stare as the squadron of tiny jets unleashed a barrage of missiles towards him. Ha missed! Crap! The guard! He dove to cover the guard as the shrapnel and debris bit in to him, stinging but not causing any actual damage.
OOC wrote:I'll forgo the Dodge save to cover a guard. My Impervious of 7 should soak up the damage.
Initiative: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24 Looks like I'm first.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Post Reply