For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: Interest Check [OVA]

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 am Image
Amari Ryoichi
Element: Creativity
Diviner: Fountain pen
Signature Attack: Tirade of a Thousand Words! (Ryoichi quickly weaves his Diviner in the air with unnatural speed, simultaneously writing a short story where each written kanji blasts forward into his target)
Linked Skill: Heightened sense of stratagem
Personality: Ryo as he prefers to be called, is a rather smart kid with a good head on his shoulders and a passion for writing, yet his shy and awkward nature get's the best of him when it comes to interacting with others.

Abilities:Intuitive 2, Passion 3, Perceptive 1, Smart 1
Weaknesses: Ageism 1, Clumsy 1, Kind Hearted 1, Restricted Freedom 1, Shy 2, Unique Weakness: Writer's Block 1
Perks: ?
Let me help you out a bit with this,Doc.Might i recommend the following Perks&Weaknesses;
Perks: Effective, Unique Perk(work with Epic on this one), Trap
Flaws: Elaborate Gestures, Unique Flaw(again,speak with Epic)

Hope it helps! :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elaborate gestures at least sounds pretty appropriate, what would Effective and Trap refer to(hopefully not that type of trap)? Unique Perk and Flaw... did you have something in mind there too?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Studying OVA a bit more, here are the abilities and weaknesses that seem to fit Reika:

Abilities: Agile, Attack (Martial Arts), Beautiful, Charismatic, Combat Expert, Famous, Knowledge (Flowers), Quick, Strong, Tough, Vigorous

Weaknesses: Compulsion (fighting), Fussy, Kind-Hearted, Love Magnet, Obsession (martial arts), Secret (karate maniac), Soft Spot (flowers)

That's a lot of abilities, so maybe I should try to narrow her down a bit.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:40 am Elaborate gestures at least sounds pretty appropriate, what would Effective and Trap refer to(hopefully not that type of trap)? Unique Perk and Flaw... did you have something in mind there too?
---The idea behind suggesting Effective is an old Saying,dating all the way back to the height of Greek/Roman culture: "Words have Power..."the idea is that when you write it out,whatever you wrote will hurt eargardless of what you say.It's like you believe what you write will happen,and so it does...
---Trap would let you(if i'm reading it right) change the color of your ink,letting you write what you want without your opponent knowing what it is.Kindof like using invisible ink...
---The Unique Perk i was thinking of would be called Writer's Interpretation:It would let you,ounce per game(or major monster fight) only,allow you to either write in Something about the Area that could concevably help the group out OR a weakness to the Monster(the GM would have to get something in return for that one)
---The Unique Flaw is called Writer's Cramp and your not gonna like it...Ounce per game(or major monster fight),the GM would force you to make a roll.Succeed and nothing happens,Fail and you can't use your writer's hand for a number of turns equal to your degrees of failure...

So,whatchathink?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I actually think thoae all you d really cool! I like the idea of his power of something theoretically quite powerful, has a few major flaws in it's use such as cramping up or having writer's block. Really helps to balance things out.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm I actually think thoae all you d really cool! I like the idea of his power of something theoretically quite powerful, has a few major flaws in it's use such as cramping up or having writer's block. Really helps to balance things out.
Thank you! :D
I really like how OVA seems to work and i love the concept of having your own "Anime/Manga"...the system seems to be a little wierdly constructed to me,but since i don't have the actual book,i'm goona hold off on any more criticism's untill i can give it a better look.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Here's what i'd suggest for Reika Rainas well as my reasoning:

Abilities: Beautiful 1, Combat Expert 2, Famous 1, Knowledge (Flowers) 2, Quick 1, Strong 2(3 if Epic would allow it)
(these were selected by me on the thought's that she never really had enough time to learn Karate,due to having to help at the Flower Shop.Though she DID pick-up how to fight from watching Karate movies and rushing in to help others...)
Weaknesses: Impulsive 1, Kind-Hearted 2, Love Magnet 2, Secret (karate maniac) 2, Soft Spot (flowers) 2
(i replaced Fussy with Impulsive due to the fact that i see her dividing head-first into helping others without looking at the situation first...)
Perks: Ranged(Str-based), Armor Piercing, Reach
(i keep going back to her love of Flowers.What if she uses Flowers for her Attacks,kinda like a female version of Tuxedo Mask or Kurama from Yu-Yu-Hakusho...)
Flaws:Ammunition, Requirement(Flowers), Weapon(Flower Knuckles)
(again,back to the flower motif.I see her eventually running out of flowers in the area to use.Her Diviner could turn into a pair of Flower styled Knuckle Dusters wrapped in Thorns,giving her that Armor Piercing perk above...)
Diviner: Flower Styled Hairclip Element: Earth Lesser Ability:Increadible ability to grow plants in literaly any Environment

So,watchyathink? ;)
Camus

Post by Camus »

I could take Earth as element and still use meteors and comets and asteroids as special attack names right? Also "earth" should allow for the metal sword idea, since its in the earth proper.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Doc suggested a better idea, Wood. I like it because its one of the traditional japanese elements. Also he could have a twig or small branch that grows into a "boken" (wooden practice sword) of incredible durability and damage. He could also be covered in bark armour and stuff.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

"Mori no ken!" Sword of the forest
"Midori kokoro ha!" Green heart attack
and such shenanigans
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I was actually specifically avoiding wood as it is right next door to flowers or plantlife which is already a concept being explored, and since we have so few people, I would prefer to avoid similar or closely related elements in characters.

I was focused on suggesting elements that seemed to suit the character's personality.

As for earth commanding meteors and metal still, I would err towards a no on that. It grants too broad a spectrum of potential to draw on. I'd say stick with traditional earth if you go that route. If you want to name an attack "Meteor something", that's fine and all, but don't go calling actual meteorites down.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Ok im fine with that, Aki would be essentially beating the crap out of people with a rock sword, and variations of it. Perhaps his diviner would be a small quartz stalagmite, that could work right?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

@Everyone: Stop worrying about Perks and Flaws.

What I want you to do instead is describe your Diviner and your first special attack and if you want your Diviner to have special properties that are not attacks as such.

@Camus: Didn't like my liquid metal blade sword idea for metal huh? :P

Well, a stalagmite would be more of a club than a sword, maybe a spear at best. If you wanted a sword that looked composed of various rocks or gems or minerals (though obviously didn't share certain qualities like fragility), that would be fine for an earth element.
Camus

Post by Camus »

I was thinking something like this

心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Which part exactly?