Interest Check [OVA]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Interest Check [OVA]

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm Here and willing, here goes my fragment

Aki's fingers curl and tighten the grip of the amathite crystal, as he narrows his eyes. Hard pressing each word, he grunts "Ryuseiken!" And the crystal flashes with people light, turning into a sword! Next, in a blink, Aki appears behind his foe, having delivered a thousand strikes! Aki makes the motion of sheathing the sword, which turns into the small fragment of amathite it was before, as the noise creature dissipates
For the sake of uniformity, I would prefer you used english attack names. Obviously the characters are speaking japanese, but as we're not all fluent speakers of the language, i would just prefer we stick to english. (Otherwise it feels really odd with one person using japanese words and phrases while no-one else is)
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm
Camus wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:30 pm Here and willing, here goes my fragment

Aki's fingers curl and tighten the grip of the amathite crystal, as he narrows his eyes. Hard pressing each word, he grunts "Ryuseiken!" And the crystal flashes with people light, turning into a sword! Next, in a blink, Aki appears behind his foe, having delivered a thousand strikes! Aki makes the motion of sheathing the sword, which turns into the small fragment of amathite it was before, as the noise creature dissipates
For the sake of uniformity, I would prefer you used english attack names. Obviously the characters are speaking japanese, but as we're not all fluent speakers of the language, i would just prefer we stick to english. (Otherwise it feels really odd with one person using japanese words and phrases while no-one else is)
Agreed. Replace with "Meteor sword attack!"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ryochi's eyes flash behind his mask as he holds his pen like a conductor's baton. "Tall and proud, the barbarian Brutus raises his sword..." Ink seeps fourth from the brass tip , hands moving slowly and methodically as the story took hold. "For there was no foe he could not best, no man, monster, or god who could surpass his strength...!" The kanji formed in mid-air, his words forming the basis of this minor epic. In a flash, the words burnt with white fire to match their auhtor's own. Each kanji shot forward in a uniform blitz, making a straight bee line into memory devoruing monstrosities before them. "Tirade Of A Thousand Words!" He called fourth as the words impacted to cause a small explosion of light, carving a swath of destruction in their ranks.
How about this? I was picturing it a bit like a spell for the big ones like this. :D
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So for the uniforms when transformed, thinking something along these lines;

As you can see, while there is a general design similarity, there is also plenty of personalized variety. You obviously don't have to pick one of those to represent your character, it's just meant to be a reference for the style of transformed outfit.

I am still working on the stats for the transformed form, but it's definitely going to give at least 2 ranks of Tough for extra HP and Vigorous for extra Energy. So by all means don't worry about adding weaknesses like Lethargic or Frail. Your transformed state will augment this.
Camus

Post by Camus »

What about this? Had the same military uniform feel, if more simple Image
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yup, that's fine. :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ey, works for me. For personalization, how about the jacket is longer and flowing, accompanied by the mask from that furst picture? Something to invoke the image of a spellcaster is all.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Can't actually see the picture in question. :/ Probably the hosting site.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 am Image
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I was thinking something like this,only with the White&Blue coloring of the dude singing....plus i'm a fan of a good looking Ascot. :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 am Image
So mask like that with a long-tailed (probably a wide hemmed one at that) military style coat, I can dig it.
MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:48 am I was thinking something like this,only with the White&Blue coloring of the dude singing....plus i'm a fan of a good looking Ascot. :D
Ascots are underrated, though it does take a certain type to work it. That said, I think the picture works well enough.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Is there a specific number of "points" our characters should be built on before the transformation? Should we just tell you the attributes and weaknesses we want, and you'll decide how many we get?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:15 am Is there a specific number of "points" our characters should be built on before the transformation? Should we just tell you the attributes and weaknesses we want, and you'll decide how many we get?
I'm not too concerned about it. As I mentioned before, you want the sum of your abilities to be within 5 of the sum of your weaknesses
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Within 5? I thought it was an exact. Might have some spare to play with then...
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:30 am Within 5? I thought it was an exact. Might have some spare to play with then...
I mean, I COULD be super strict and say it has to be 0 Sum, but the default mode has it at a loose match, as long as you are within 5, you're good.

All I ask is you be sparing about rank 4 and 5 abilities and rank 3 weaknesses. Have a really good reason for them. You'll also have Transform, a few ranks of it in fact, but I wouldn't worry about it too much, since it's a mandatory thing I'm adding.