Interest Check [OVA]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Interest Check [OVA]

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hey Epic, congrats on having over a thousand posts here!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

There are two elements I'm thinking about for Reika. The first is, obviously, Flowers, or nature if a broader theme is better. Her diviner would probably be a paper fan, and her first attack... maybe a blinding storm of cherry blossoms?

The other element I could see is Sun. The sun provides warmth, light, and hope, and flowers turn toward it. I'm not sure what her diviner or her first attack would be, though. Amaterasu is associated with a sacred mirror. Maybe a beam of light?
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 pm Which part exactly?
Well the sword
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flora would be solid, not just flowers, but any kind of plant.

Both ideas are solid, for the sun one, you could have just a mirror, or a weapon that incorporates mirrors in it. I like that despite her being a martial artist you're not reaching straight for a more obvious weapon like a knuckle or glove.

I like both the petal storm and solar beam attack ideas. Nice and straight forward, perfect for a first special attack.

And if you went sun, then Camus could take wood if he wanted, then he could have the wooden training sword (aesthetically) for his diviner he'd originally suggested. I imagine it would have symbolic carving or burning designs on it.

Incidentally, you will be able to expand from your base element as well. This is JUST a starting point. For example, that compass wheel, maybe evolves to not just water, but the sea, incorporating wind into its attacks as well, and maybe later on even ice from arctic winds.

Creativity already is kind of broad, so it's doesn't need to evolve so much as the character does to get more use out of it. Earth could maybe later incorporate metals, or wood would incorporate plants and maybe even some fire depending on how you want to spin it. (I just have this image in my head of a wooden sword with burn designs on it as a diviner, later incorporating fire into special attacks, the burn designs glowing with embers)
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Sun element with a fan for a diviner would probably be best, then. Would our transformation give us any special abilities aside from our signature attacks?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I do have son neat thougbts on where a power like Creaitivity could go. Perhaps something like summoning, with him introducing "new characters" into the scene? A ways off though.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry for the relative radio silence on this. It's been a bit of a week and have mainly focused on keeping up with games i am in so they don't get stalled.

I am still considering ideas for this game and the transformed state for you guys. I have a general idea of your characters though and there seems to be a decent dynamic in terms of different personality types.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:48 am Sorry for the relative radio silence on this. It's been a bit of a week and have mainly focused on keeping up with games i am in so they don't get stalled.

I am still considering ideas for this game and the transformed state for you guys. I have a general idea of your characters though and there seems to be a decent dynamic in terms of different personality types.
I agree,as we all seemed to have filled a Niche within the stereotypical "Sentei" Team(though i'm thinking more along the lines of the Voltron Force with powers,but i have an....older taste in Anime:) )
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm unfamiliar with that term, care to lay it out for me?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

which? sentai?

Basically Power Rangers. It's a genre of japanese show where there is a team, each filling a particular niche, usually leader, foil, brains, braun and heart.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahh, I get it now.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Can everyone who is still interested chime in and give me a description of their character performing their first special attack?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:22 am Can everyone who is still interested chime in and give me a description of their character performing their first special attack?
Certainly! Allow me to start with something small....
"Ship's Wake!"(Holding his Compass out like one would a Holy Item,Itami engulf's the enemy in a torrent of water,almost like getting hit point-blank with a Firehose...)

I consider Aqua Wall to be Itami's "Ultimate Attack" more than a regular first attack...
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

How about...

Reika holds her fan over her head, and a scorching beam of light strikes the enemy from above.

"Heaven's Ray!"
Camus

Post by Camus »

Here and willing, here goes my fragment

Aki's fingers curl and tighten the grip of the amathite crystal, as he narrows his eyes. Hard pressing each word, he grunts "Ryuseiken!" And the crystal flashes with people light, turning into a sword! Next, in a blink, Aki appears behind his foe, having delivered a thousand strikes! Aki makes the motion of sheathing the sword, which turns into the small fragment of amathite it was before, as the noise creature dissipates
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ