Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by Camus »

Scylla is done I think, ready for the kind review of anyone
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 am
  • Psion (I said before, he's the very picture of a "standard" psychic with telepathic and telekinetic powers. He's definitely the stronger in a direct comparison with his array of powers and ability to use them at range, even if Vee's ranks on her individual powers are higher. That said, remote sensing plus perception ranged powers also lend towards the "arm chair psychic hero" trope. Not saying you'd play him that way, but it's something to be aware of and avoid if possible.)
Just to address any concerns anyone really has, my Psychometric Perception is meant less to act as a conduit for my Mental Powers and more as a means to rapidly search an area for a target, a bomb, a REGIME extraction team that's gone dark, stuff like that. With my Mental Detect Thoughts I could do the same with my Perception range thing, BUT, it's why I went the TK route, and am so heavily Toughness shifted, he's meant to be front line, or at least in the thick of it. I'll arm chair psychic Move By abusing Speedsters, but otherwise, he's really there as a field leader, or at least I see him growing in that direction.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Considered adding a quirk that you can't use Perception ranged powers through the remote sensing power?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 am Scylla is done I think, ready for the kind review of anyone
Added her to Vee's impressions of the other characters. I missed her because endwaar forgot to put her in the list of submissions! :oops:
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

No offense meant to anyone, but I'm going to have to bow out.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Camus wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 am Scylla is done I think, ready for the kind review of anyone
- I am more amused than I really should be that she retains Attractive 2 while in monstrous form.
- I'm loving the Greek myth take, we need more superheros from the less glamorous parts.
- Mechanically very straightforward and elegant. Get big, grab people, smack them around, the classic giant.
- Terrorizing Roar seems strange as Burst Area instead of Perception Area.
- Feels like it could use an AE of Charybdis´ Legacy for what happens if it's used on a living person.
Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 am No offense meant to anyone, but I'm going to have to bow out.
Shucks, Lena was the one I really wanted to have XIII interacting with. Shame to see you go.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 am mental effects alone is worth 10
I keep forgetting to mention this, but I don't see Immunity: Biological as including Immunity: Mental. An alien's mind, demon's mind, or a ghost's mind are surely as alien as a robot's. They're not immune to mental, so why should a robot be? Thought, it seems, is thought.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:26 am
- I am more amused than I really should be that she retains Attractive 2 while in monstrous form.
- I'm loving the Greek myth take, we need more superheros from the less glamorous parts.
- Mechanically very straightforward and elegant. Get big, grab people, smack them around, the classic giant.
- Terrorizing Roar seems strange as Burst Area instead of Perception Area.
- Feels like it could use an AE of Charybdis´ Legacy for what happens if it's used on a living person.
Thanks! Actually the suggestion for the roar is great, dont know why i didnt think so myself. Ill change it. Regarding the AE yeah I toyed with the idea, but decided that Charybdis was the one able to do that and Scylla learnt a minor version of that power.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nunya B wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:38 am mental effects alone is worth 10
I keep forgetting to mention this, but I don't see Immunity: Biological as including Immunity: Mental. An alien's mind, demon's mind, or a ghost's mind are surely as alien as a robot's. They're not immune to mental, so why should a robot be? Thought, it seems, is thought.
That is a flimsy explanation at best. Psychic powers do not normally work on robots because they don't have biological minds. Has nothing to do with the alien-ness of such a mind, robots simply don't have one of a biological nature.
Camus

Post by Camus »

(Vee's impression of Scylla aside, it's a very cool monster build. Your estimations on her weight is a few ranks off. Average person starts at -2 for height, but average adult starts at rank 2 for mass. It looks like you started her off at -2 for mass as well (doesn't help you used the metric chart). Anyways, 8 ranks of growth puts her between 12 and 25 metric tons.)
Thanks for the comments, always appreciate your inputs. Right so she is even more massive! Awesome. Yeah I was always put off by that table being from a metric nation (ie the rest of the world :lol: )
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 am No offense meant to anyone, but I'm going to have to bow out.
Aww :(
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

That is unfortunate Batgirl.

I had my build forbmy Firestorm trainee mostly done in Herolab. When I went to save it there was an error message saying my license was invalid. Windows 10 on my laptop just did a massive amount of updates so that might be the issue. I will have to get it sorted out tomorrow.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Camus wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:45 pm
Bill from Accounting wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 am
"James Baker of Earth. You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welco-"

Janet's father drew his final breath.

"Scan for replacement sentient initiated."
Golden! :lol:
Yeah, even when I reread that I knew it was coming off as more comedic than tragically poor timing, but it too late for me to bother refining it then.

It's too bad to see Batgirl dropping out... but with Lena no longer in the running, there is a spot open for a character with a mind for science. That is how I was originally building Janet before I changed near the end. May consider going back to that... (She'd still be a Green Lantern, though)
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 am
Added her to Vee's impressions of the other characters. I missed her because endwaar forgot to put her in the list of submissions! :oops:
Apologies, I've been slow to update.
Sorry to hear that! Hope that your endeavors are both pleasant and profitable.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Tobey tilted his chair back lazily, shuffling a deck of cards as he looked across the table at Zatanna. She nodded, gesturing for him to continue. Tobey shrugged and placed the first card on the table.

"Arsenal. I respect him, he's been in this line of work for a while. I mean, he's an original Titan, you know? He hit a rough spot and he's been through some $&@€, but it seems like he came out the other side stronger for it. I hope his past doesn't come back to bite him, but I'd be proud to fight on the team alongside him. Helps that he can lay down a beating both at range and up close while I work my magic."

Tobey flipped over the next card. "Unit XIII. I don't really know what to think about him. It? Thirteen looks scary and feels more like something the Regime would use to keep people in line." Tobey went quiet for a moment before shaking his head and continuing. "But if you guys put him onto the team I guess I'll try to work with him. I almost feel sorry for anyone that gets on the wrong end of all those guns."

Tobey's expression saddened with the next card. "Inquisitor. She's lost a lot, specifically to the Regime, and I can relate to that. She seems to hold herself together and sometimes others at an armslength. I guess we all deal in our own ways. She's a one woman wrecking crew and I don't mind supporting her from the rear. I mean from the back. I'll shut up now."

Zatanna smirked at Tobey's words before she saw his expression darken as he laid down the next card. "Psion. He caused the deaths of so many Insurgency members and sympathizers." Tobey flashed an unusually dark look at Zatanna, cutting her off from starting a conversation they'd no doubt had many times before. "I know they used him, that it was against his will. I still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, their screams telling me to run ringing in my ears." Tobey took a moment to collect himself, Zatanna reaching a steadying hand across the table. "He can do a lot of good if he puts that mind of his to it."

The next card lifted the apprentice's spirits. "Green Lantern. She's got a mean right hook, whether it's flesh and blood or a giant green boxing glove. She's fun to hang out with and always quick to jump in, whether it's a fight or an adventure. But seriously, she's living proof we can rise above the bad stuff and change things for the better."

"Marvel. I've never had siblings but he's what I imagine a kid brother would be like. A kid brother who can punch you through the wall if he forgets he has the Strength of Hercules but point still stands. Frankly I'm torn between wishing him to grow to realize his full potential and not wanting for him to have to grow up too fast. Kids like him are literally the reason we fight."

"Sonic Samurai. I'll admit she's a little strange, but her heart's in the right place and she has the @£$kicking ability to follow through with it. I'd be happy to work with her.

"Scylla. Whoa. How can someone be so cute and so terrifying at the same time? Well, not at the same time but you know what I mean. Honestly, she's a wonder, literally, and this from the guy who can do actual magic. She's also got a old-time-y-justice feeling to her, but I can work with her. 'Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot' and all that, right?"

Tobey placed the Tarot deck on the table, folded his arms behind his head and leaned back in his chair. "So, we done here Zee?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.