Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hawk

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment REOPENED]

Post by Hawk »

C
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Not sure you realized Hawk, but your background directly clashes with Grace's, and while Grace is leaving the story, since she was accepted in, her background should be kind of canonized.

Cliffnotes version; while not a direct protege of Batman, Grace was receiving tutoring from Batgirl and later acknowledged by Batman who was "fresh our of Robins" to give Grace a sort of internship trial run.

So it's not super plausible for Bruce Wayne to have yet another ward who discovers the Batcave and starts training, while also keeping Graces background intact.

Nothing against a Batman analogue type character, but you might just want to rethink the story a bit rather than basically being Batman with Batman as a mentor. :)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

All-American Hero4Hire - Reincarnation of Uncle Sam for a new era
Apollo 13 Bladewind - Cybernetic Reality Star and Secret Insurgent
Arsenal MacynSnow - Recovering Substance Abuser and Ranged Combat expert
Darkstar Darkstar- Luna Long seeking redemption of the Amazon name
Scylla Camus - Monster out of Greek Myth

These are the submissions that have been added or started since endwaar reopened recruitment.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So, I was telling an RL friend of mine about the forum and how roleplay works here and stuff, and about this game in particular, and he pitched an idea he was emphatic about me sharing with you guys.

His idea is basically a fusion of traits between Beast Boy and Cyborg, so a guy who can transform into cyborg animal forms. The character would also have the Teen Titans Go mentality of the two, so we'd be at base and he comes flopping across the room as a cyborg dolphin going "Booyah booyah booyah booyah!" (Apparently the dolphin thing is a reference to a Teen Titans Go episode)

Soo....message delivered. It's not meant to be a terribly serious character, obviously, but he figured people would get a kick out of imagining it.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I was onboard until you said Teen Titans Go. :lol:

Neat concept though. I had an idea some time ago, a legacy of Raven and Beast Boy - Chesire. Generated Soul Self animals.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

That would be a neat concept for another game. Like a Teen Titans legacy game.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Wasn't planning to pitch it here. You just reminded me of her is all.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I was considering re-apllying but after reviewing the number of games I am in on other sites and how swamped I am getting at work I don't think I will have time for this one. Have fun everyone.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

C
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Had conversation with endwar about Darkstar’s background. For story purpose I want to keep a lot of it in the shadows but I’ll add to character build notes tomorrow before deadline.

BW: “:arrow: Designing a character to fit with a GL and a telepath is not a simple task. I went with a machine controlling melee fighter.”

No joke ... and not being a video gamer made slotting appropriately just as tough. Make that a Brick/Telepath by the way :) (Apollo ... Creed ... really? Way to go 80s my man ;)) I also figured a little more iconic DC flavor might be nice.

I originally wanted a skill monkey, but couldn’t find a DC connection that sparked my imagination. I have also been “challenged” by my local rp group to play a female character so while I liked my sexy version of Supergirl, I think the daughter of Donna Troy seeking redemption for her Amazonian predecessor might be a more natural fit.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

C
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Darkstar aka Luna Long is finished(?)

Would be happy to have anyone who has a moment to take a look at her. I haven't played in a while but its a comfortable easy to play balanced build. She's a fighter but can run with the stealthy types when the story goes that direction. I'm pretty sure her points are correct but a second set of eyes are always welcome.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 am (Apollo ... Creed ... really? Way to go 80s my man ;))
:lol: :D
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 am (Apollo ... Creed ... really? Way to go 80s my man ;))
StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm Darkstar aka Luna Long is finished(?)

Would be happy to have anyone who has a moment to take a look at her. I haven't played in a while but its a comfortable easy to play balanced build. She's a fighter but can run with the stealthy types when the story goes that direction. I'm pretty sure her points are correct but a second set of eyes are always welcome.
Quickly glanced over it, and no jarring anomalies - didn't fine tune/ check the math though.
Build wise I get it, but the Dodge in a device seems weird to me.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 am
StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm Darkstar aka Luna Long is finished(?)

Build wise I get it, but the Dodge in a device seems weird to me.
Kind of the same concept as Torunn's Sword :twisted: