Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by Nunya B »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:47 am Perhaps spell out what you're immune to. It would take out the guess-work.

Immunity: Aging, Sleep, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, ... what else? do you get Fatigued? Exhausted?
Effects dependent on the target being biological. Bleeding isn't a problem because no blood, ambient heat is a problem because processors don't do well being hot. Pressure points aren't a problem because robots don't have those, tazers are because electronics don't like extra electricity. Sand throw in the cameras isn't an issue because no blink reflex, a bright flash is because cameras don't like sudden bright lights.
endwaar, what's your position here? If you want, I could replace this with any of a number of things.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I understand Nunya's intention, but he doesn't well communicate it.

Biological descriptor should be Common, which is Immunity 10, and I imagine he wants Immunity 10 Mental descriptor as well to round out the construct thing without going full Immunity Fort (which I entirely agree with his reasoning for)

So realistically, Nunya, you should have Immunity 20 for Biological and Mental descriptors.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Still sounds like a Construct to me, albeit one that has the added Complication of being Vulnerable to Environmental Heat.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:25 am Still sounds like a Construct to me, albeit one that has the added Complication of being Vulnerable to Environmental Heat.
Well, by all description he's given, he is a construct, he is just trying to avoid some of the downsides of BEING a construct and the mechanics that accompany the usual set-up for being a construct (IE, absent stamina's effects, affects object, etc.)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:37 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:25 am Still sounds like a Construct to me, albeit one that has the added Complication of being Vulnerable to Environmental Heat.
Well, by all description he's given, he is a construct, he is just trying to avoid some of the downsides of BEING a construct and the mechanics that accompany the usual set-up for being a construct (IE, absent stamina's effects, affects object, etc.)
From what i've seen so far,it's either that or he's trying to make a non-humanoid Cyborg....
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:59 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:37 am
From what i've seen so far,it's either that or he's trying to make a non-humanoid Cyborg....
Yeah...what the character IS exactly isn't exactly clear. Just a "marvel of engineering" with programming. It could be like Robocop for all I can tell.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I thought I was pretty clear it was a robot, wasn't I? I call it a robot in the origin block, it's got a power titled Giant Robot, and I call it a robot again in the character comments block. I'll grab some btech character art since this seems like this is confusing people somehow.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:13 am I thought I was pretty clear it was a robot, wasn't I? I call it a robot in the origin block, it's got a power titled Giant Robot, and I call it a robot again in the character comments block. I'll grab some btech character art since this seems like this is confusing people somehow.
Probably because you're not building it like a robot. :lol: Not in the traditional sense anyways.
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 am Probably because you're not building it like a robot. :lol: Not in the traditional sense anyways.
Ha! It's a strange day when people pay more attention to your STA score than your character bio.
Maybe next robot I make I should just put my character bio as my stamina score!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:24 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 am Probably because you're not building it like a robot. :lol: Not in the traditional sense anyways.
Ha! It's a strange day when people pay more attention to your STA score than your character bio.
Or just build it by normal conventions. Non-living things do not have a Stamina score. Your "robot" does with no explanation as to why.
Inanimate objects have no abilities other than their
Toughness. Animate, but nonliving, constructs such as ro-
bots or zombies
have Strength, Agility, and Dexterity, and
may have ranks of Awareness and Presence (if aware of
their environment or capable of interaction), and Fighting
(if able to make close attacks). They may have Intellect (if
capable of independent thought), but have no Stamina
(since they are not living things).
See Constructs in the
Gadgets & Gear chapter for more information.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:24 am
Well,next time stat out a Giant Robot,not Robocop! :lol:
In all seriousness,it's a nice build.The Geeks/Nerds/Mad Scientist's that made him played a little to much Warhammer40K,but nice just the same....
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong (always hard to tell with just text), but I don't like where this back-and-forth is going. Could we maybe NOT have an argument in a new member's first thread? My advice is take it to private messages, or wait until the GM weighs in on it, please.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nah, not an argument, just pointing out a discrepancy.

Nunya built what he built and is confused why we don't see it the same way he does. Just explaining why there is an expectation for constructs to follow a certain pattern in building and why trying to build it differently is just confusing people.

Strictly speaking, the only two issues are his way of incorporating immunity (and I pointed out that the biological descriptor immunity would be 10, with mental being a further 10 if he wanted that) and that he is saying a character with stamina is a non-living construct. It does say right in the rules that constructs have no stamina due to not being living beings. It also says they do not HAVE to be immune to fort effects, though having no stamina means they have no fort save and automatically fail such effects to the worse degree, which of course is bad and why having fort immunity as a construct is good.

But that being said, he can fix that "issue" by altering his fluff to be more like a robocop sort of situation. *shrug* :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:41 am Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong (always hard to tell with just text), but I don't like where this back-and-forth is going. Could we maybe NOT have an argument in a new member's first thread? My advice is take it to private messages, or wait until the GM weighs in on it, please.
Trust me Bill,neither of us is trying to heckle or have an argument with him in the slightest,we're just trying to figure out why he placed a STA score on what he's clearly made as a giant robot.Now,if the creators used some Organic parts to give it power(for instance,did you know if a human heart is placed in a nutrient bath it can not only continue to pump,but also generate over 8000kg of electricity?).... :evil:
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I'm not willing to sacrifice Power Stunts just to play a 'bot. No STA means no EE means no Power Stunts, so my bot has STA.
Anyways, I'm going to stay quiet until endwaar weighs in on the Immunity and possibly this. If he doesn't want a STA-bot I can ditch XIII and pull something else out.