Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by EpicEclipse »

CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:13 am What is the status of Firestorm in the game universe? Is he dead, alive, missing? I have an idea for a version of him that might be interesting to play. A young teen and his sister were caught in the nuclear explosion in Metropolis. Their powers didn't manifest right away as they were too young.
http://injustice.wikia.com/wiki/Firestorm

Firestorm is in Injustice 2 and appears to live through it.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
PL 10
(Art by iAHFy)

Height: 5'7"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Cyan

ABILITIES:
STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS:
Acrobatics 2 (+3), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Deception 4 (+5/+9), Expertise: Green Lantern Lore 3 (+3), Expertise: Law Enforcement 3 (+3), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 4 (+5), Investigation 2 (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Power Ring 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES:
Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Luck (Improve Roll), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (Will)

POWERS:
Great Will: Enhanced Trait 4 (Will +4, Limited to Power Ring Effects); 2 PP

Wisecrack: Enhanced Trait 2 (Deception +4, Limited to Taunt); 1 PP

Green Lantern Power Ring: Removable (-20 PP); 78 PP

Force Field: Immunity 10 (Life Support), Protection 10, Impervious Toughness 9; 29 PP

Force Manipulation: Array; 33 PP
Force Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Feature: Extra Effort for +2 effect rank, Variable Descriptor: Bludgeoning/Slashing/Piercing); 28 PP
Movable Constructs: Create 9 (Movable, Feature: Extra Effort for +2 effect rank); 1 PP
Force Constructs: Create 13 (Feature: Extra Effort for +2 effect rank, Precise); 1 PP
Force Lifting: Move Object 13 (200 tons; Feature: Extra Effort for +2 effect rank, Precise); 1 PP
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Affects Others Only, Limited to Inside Force Bubble) Linked to Create 6 (Movable, Limited to Simple Spherical Constructs); 1 PP
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Anywhere, Subspace audiovisual projection); 1 PP

Green Lantern’s Light: Environment 2 (60 feet radius; Light); 2 PP

Attention Green Lantern: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Central Power Battery), Feature 2 (Quick Change, Ring A.I.); 3 PP

Ring Abilities: Array; 9 PP
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Languages: Read All, Speak All, Understand All, You’re Understood); 8 PP
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (Move Action, Limited to Senses), Feature 1 (Green Lantern Corps Database); 1 PP

Ring Flight: Array; 22 PP
Flying: Flight 9 (1,000 MPH; Feature: Will DC 20 to increase Flight speed), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero G); 21 PP
Space Flight: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3); 1 PP

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Unarmed +6 (Close, Damage 1, DC 16)
Force Blast +7 (Ranged, Damage 13, DC 28)

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7, Parry +7
Toughness +13/+3*, Fortitude +6, Will +9/+13**
*Without Power Ring
**Power Ring Effects

Abilities 26 + Powers 81 + Advantages 6 + Skills 17 + Defenses 20 = 150/150 PP

HISTORY:
So here I am, doing everything I can
Holding on to what I am
Pretending I'm a superman

“Wow,” a young woman snorted, “this song aged horribly.”

She was lightyears away from Earth on the planet Oa, the headquarters of the Green Lantern Corps, killing time by listening to music on a smartphone. It floated in front of her face, held up by a vivid emerald aura as she swiped through her playlist. The newest member of the Corps turned her head towards an approaching man; Hal Jordan, the other Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814.

“Janet, the Guardians are ready for you,” he said, motioning for her to follow.

The teenager reached up with the only arm she had and pulled the earbuds out. “So, what’s this all about exactly?”

“Nothing to worry about. The Guardians talk to each recruit about the duties of a Green Lantern. And I’m sure they have some questions for you.”

“This isn’t an interview, is it?” Janet huffed. “I mean, I already have the job, right? The ring chose me.”

“The circumstances surrounding your recruitment are special, not to mention the Guardians probably won’t be expecting someone,” Hal paused to choose his next words carefully, “so young.”

“We flew past someone that looked like Daffy Duck on the way here. Is a seventeen-year-old really so strange?”

“…Just try not to be rude to the Guardians, OK?”
-----
“You must understand, earthling, the Green Lantern Corps is a privileged organization. Not just anyone can join. There are tremendous commitments.”

When Janet was told she would be meeting the Guardians of the Universe, she admittedly was not expecting the group of blue-headed space masters that was addressing her. Just as Hal had warned, her youth had raised concerns of her ability to be a Green Lantern. Janet didn’t care much to be literally looked down on and was considering creating a construct over her mouth to keep from saying something she might regret.

“But more than that, the Green Lantern Ring is a complex tool. It takes someone with fierce concentration.”

“I think I pretty much got the hang of it,” Janet boasted.

“She’s ‘got the hang of it,’” another Guardian chided. “Why are we even entertaining this? She is not the one that Ring was meant for. Its bearer was supposed to be another!” The Guardians began to discuss among themselves, and Janet turned her head away in frustration. Yes, the Ring was meant for somebody else. It should have been her father’s, James Baker.
-----
For Janet’s family, life under the One Earth Regime wasn’t much different than their lives before that fateful day in Metropolis. If you weren't a criminal, whether that meant being a super-villain or simply not believing in High Councilor Superman's cause, and didn’t go out after curfew you were left alone. Janet remembered the day Superman told the world that Batman was Bruce Wayne. Through Facebook! She owed ten bucks to her friend David, who had called it for years.

James worked as a professional fighter and taught his tomboy daughter a few moves in case she ever needed to defend herself (or someone else) in a darkening world. He always used to tell her to "Feel the fear and do it anyway." When the Regime feel, it seemed like everything was going to be fine for both the world the Baker family.

And then Brainiac attacked.

Janet would never forget that day. She was out with her family in her hometown of Chicago when they were caught in the middle of the invasion. The Bakers were fleeing from the city as Brainiac drones killed civilians. There was so much panic. So much screaming. With nearby people at risk of becoming more victims of the massacre, James told his wife and daughter to continue without him before rushing off to intervene.

Janet wanted to help too. After everything her father had taught her, there was no way the young woman was going to just run away. And so, against her mother's protests, Janet chased after her father. She never even noticed the streak of emerald light that had raced down from the sky. When Janet found her father, he was standing before a green right hovering before him.

"James Baker of Earth. You have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.”

That’s what the ring said. And Janet stared on, watching her father reach for the ring that was meant for him. Ready to accept its power and responsibility. Ready to become the newest Green Lantern. Then a terrible pain tore through Janet’s left shoulder, and she looked down in shock to see her left arm on the ground in a growing pool of crimson. A Brainiac drone’s blast had severed it. James whipped around to see her daughter falling to the ground, and she in turn had to watch as a blast from behind tore through his chest. The two collapsed next to each other, and James reached out to take hold of Janet’s remaining hand.

He spoke weakly, “"Janet... don't be afraid. Be strong. I love you." And Janet wasn’t afraid. Her father was the strongest and bravest man she knew. He would be OK, and he would make sure she would be OK, and they would both get out of here alive somehow. Even though his breaths were getting shallow, and his grip weaker, and-

“Ring status report. Green Lantern of Sector 2814 deceased. Scanning for suitable replacement.”
-----
“Look,” Janet snapped out of the painful memory, pointing an accusing finger at the Guardians. “I’d rather have my dad than this Ring. I didn’t ask for it. If you want it back, take it!” Hal Jordan, standing a short distance away, grimaced.

“Well, it appears she has the impertinence of one her age!” a Guardian fumed.

“She has a point,” another Guardian interjected. “If she were as unready as everyone says, no power in the galaxy could have forced that Ring on her finger. Yet, there it is. At one with her.” The Guardians deliberated for a short time before continuing. “So be it. Since Kilowog is unfortunately no longer with us, Janet’s training will fall onto you, Hal.”

“What!?” both Green Lanterns of Sector 2814 said in unison.

“I really don’t think-“ Hal began.

“I don’t need a teacher,” Janet protested. “Especially not him. He was a member of the Regime!”

“Hal Jordan has earned his second chance, and you do require a teacher, despite what you may think you are capable of. Earth is a focal point. How many wars, how many heroes, how many events that spread across the universe have originated on your planet? The full responsibility of Sector 2814 is great. Hal will train you, and that is final. Good luck.”

As the Guardians rose up and flew away, Janet clenched her fist and let out a huff. It looked like she was stuck with the Green-Yellow-Green Lantern. “Why didn’t it come sooner?” Janet asked, seemingly to herself.

“Hm?” only one of the Guardians heard her, turning towards the young woman.

“The Ring. The one meant for my father. Why didn’t it come sooner?” Anger was building in her words. “If it had come just a few days-no, a few minutes sooner, he’d probably still be alive! So why the wait? What, did the Ring take a wrong turn at Venus?”

“You must understand, Janet,” the Guardian glumly said, “our war with Superman and the One Earth Regime left the Corps vulnerable. With so many Green Lanterns captured or killed, we had to rebuild. Superman’s alliance with the Sinestro Corps meant that we could not afford to send a Ring to Sector 2814. Additionally, Mogo was responsible for guiding the Green Lantern Rings to new beings after their hosts die. His loss made it difficult to find new recruits.” Janet did not find the explanation entirely satisfying but said no more.

“I am sorry for your loss. If it is any consolation, I am sure that you will make a fine Green Lantern.” With that, he flew off.

Janet turned to glare at Hal Jordan. “The best,” she declared.

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The Power Ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Weakness: Green Lantern Power Rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum base rank of the Ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the Ring to fail.
Responsibility: To protect her space sector as a Green Lantern of Sector 2814.
Disability: Without the Power Ring, she only has one arm due to the injuries sustained in the Brainiac invasion.
Second Choice: The Power Ring initially came for Janet's father, James Baker, but he died just as it arrived, so the Ring instead went to Janet. She hates to be reminded of this, and works hard to prove she is worthy.
Relationship: Janet loves her mother, Alexis Baker, and she has a strained student-teacher relationship with Green Lantern Hal Jordan. She feels Hal is partly responsible for her father's death, and the two frequently bicker.
Guy Gardner's Successor: More than once, Hal has compared Janet to Guy Gardner, the former owner of her Power Ring. She is headstrong and assertive, but ultimately has a good heart.

PERSONALITY:
On the surface, Janet is fierce, independent, and pugnacious, but beneath her tough exterior, she possesses a strong loyalty toward her friends and duty as a Green Lantern. Her offensive battle style means that she is always quick to initiate or rise to a challenge, and is similarly quick witted and impulsive, especially in heated situations. As a Lantern-in-training, she lacks perception toward the damage her Ring is capable of, and her rash decisions often result in her accidentally insulting others. Janet is tough, impatient, headstrong, sarcastic, and assertive, but also has a good sense of humor and enthusiasm, and a vulnerable teenage charm.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I was wondering if we'd get a Lantern submission :D
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thanks Epic. I missed that in my research.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 am Thanks Epic. I missed that in my research.
You can still go with your idea, you know! Just have them be Firestorm's apprentice, or something. But you know what you want to do better than I do.

Also, working on that timeline for everyone... it might be a bit more detailed than anticipated.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

The timeline is up. Apologies for the brevity of Years 4 and 5, but I haven't read those ones yet, and am not sure I want to - they're kind of depressing all around.

Also:
Bill from Accounting wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:13 am Here's the start of my submission, just need to finish the Complications and Backstory. What I have right now is that during the Brainiac invasion she lost an arm defending her family. Luckily, her bravery and will drew to her the Power Ring of the late Guy Gardner, and now she is the newest Green Lantern of Sector 2814, being trained by the reformed Hal Jordan.
I like where this is going, and like Eclipse, I was wondering whether we'd get one of these. I'm glad we did!
Awaken

Toast Burglar

Post by Toast Burglar »

Does one need to be a trainee/protegé/younger copy of a specific Justice League member?

Also, for the sake of those less in tune with the video game/comic book continuity (such as myself) is there a list of members of the Post-Injustice Justice League?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Toast Burglar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:26 am Does one need to be a trainee/protegé/younger copy of a specific Justice League member?

Also, for the sake of those less in tune with the video game/comic book continuity (such as myself) is there a list of members of the Post-Injustice Justice League?
No, you don't need to be a protege or younger copy. It is an option, though.

The list will go up momentarily in the OP.

... Is it a bad time to say that I really wish that there were spoilers on this forum?
Awaken

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Out of curiosity,anyone know what happened to Ralph Dibney,The Elongated Man in the Injustice universe(and what about Plastic Man)?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

They show up in the Injustice 2 comic, and actually help save some of the heroes' kids from Ra's al Ghul and the Titans from the Phantom Zone.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Tobey Hollis

Abilities:
Str 1
Sta 0
Agl 1
Dex 3
Fgt 4
Int 2
Awe 5
Pre 5

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 5
Ritualist
Skill Mastery (Expertise: Magic)
Trance

Skills:
Expertise: Magic 10 (+12)
Deception 4 (+9)
Insight 6 (+11)
Perception 4 (+9)
Persuasion 4 (+9)
Sleight of Hand 6 (+9)

Powers:
Magic spells: array (24 points, plus 8 points of alternate effects)
Lacigam Tsalb: Ranged damage 12 [24 points]
Lepsid Cigam: Nullify 8, Broad (Magic), Simultaneous [1 point]
Noitavrene: Ranged weaken 8, Broad (Physical abilities (one at a time)) [1 point]
Decnahne Htgnerts: Enhanced strength 9; Enhanced trait 6 (Close attack 6) [1 point]
Citsym Sgnidnib: Ranged affliction 12 (resisted by will; hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobile), extra condition, limited degree [1 point]
Citsym Stcurtsnoc: create 7, continuous, innate, precise [1 point]
Noitatropelet: teleport 3 (250 feet), accurate, easy, extended (8 miles), portal [1 point]
Evitcetorp Arua: immunity 7 (cold, heat, pressure, radiation, vacuum, all suffocation), affects others, sustained [1 point]
Yrosulli Ecnareappa: Morph 2, attack, burst area, selective [1 point]

Noitativel dna cistym dleihs: flight 4 (30 mph); sustained protection 12, impervious 6 [26 points]
Lartas Noitcejorp: remote sensing 8 (visual, auditory, mental), limited - physical body is defenseless, subtle 2 [1 point]

Defenses:
Dodge 7+1=8
Parry 4+4=8
Fortitude 6+0=6
Toughness 0+12=12(impervious 6)
Will 7+5=12

Offense:
Initiative +1
Magic blast +8 ranged damage 12
Magic strength +10, close damage +10

Abilities 42 + powers 59 + advantages 8 + skills 17+ defenses 24 = 150

Tobey Hollis remembers when seeing a man flying through the skies above the city was a sign of hope, not of tyranny. That was before Metropolis. His parents took part in protests against Superman's new Regime, but the protests were quelled, violently.

Zatanna arrived on the scene, introducing herself as a friend of his parents. She was too late to save them but she whisked him away to the Tower of Fate. There she told him he was something called a Homo magi, that he could wield magic.

Tobey watched from the shadows of the Tower as the Insurgency grew among the people visiting Doctor Fate's sanctuary. Zatanna taught him how to tap into his power, but kept him out of Batman's Insurgency, against Tobey's protests.

Tobey tried to copy her bravado and showmanship-like attitude to mask his own fear and anger. Then, when Brainiac came he saw the heroes of a world that didn't think they had any left rise up together to stop the alien menace.

For the first time in years, Tobey had hope again, of heroes stepping in to protect those who couldn't protect themselves. He wanted to spread that hope himself and help others. But the tyranny of the Regime left wounds in Tobey that haven't healed yet and he finds it hard to trust anyone connected to Superman's side, regardless of how cool he usually acts.

Tobey has black hair and an amused smirk seems to be constantly plastered on his face. He typically dresses like a traditional stage magician, in a black tux with a white lining on his coat.

Complications.

Motivation (Doing Good) - Tobey believes in restoring the hope and ideals of heroes before Superman's Reign and works to live up to it and help others.

Hatred (Regime) - Despite his apparent easy-going nature, Tobey has a hard time putting the deaths of his parents and forgiving or trusting anyone previously linked to the Regime.

Power Loss - needs to be able to speak to cast spells.

Edit: Spent the three remaining unspent points on 6 ranks of Sleight of Hand.
Last edited by McGuffin on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So after a weekend mining the depths of various wikis, I have identified a few specific ideas for a possible character. All of them are part of the greater Bat-continuity, but don't seem to be referenced in the various Injustice sources (allowing some build/background flexibility). Let me know if any of these ideas would work for your story plans (or, conversely, if any of them would definitely NOT work)- I'll start working on build basics.

Pretty much in order of interest:
1. Misfit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfit_(DC_Comics) homo magi, but a teleporter rather than a spellcaster. In continuity, say that her powers triggered somewhat later, and she has only recently become an active 'hero. Self-only teleportation, combat skills, sneaky.
2. Spoiler /Stephanie Brown; possibly in her Robin persona (since the OP now mentions a lack of an active Robin). In continuity, her father was killed by the Regime before she started trying to thwart him, so she has only recently started an active career, by "volunteering" to take over as Robin. Batman is, shall we say, not fully convinced... Typical crimefighter/martial artist/gadget- user, basically unpowered...
3. Catgirl (Kitrina Falcone)- Catwoman's "apprentice" (that she hasn't told anyone about, and is a very 'hands off' style of mentor). BAsically unpowered, but possibly some 'ninja' style trickery that approaches powered levels, very stealthy.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Hm... All three have ties to Gotham, which may come up in the game. None are ineligible, certainly. Misfit was part of the Birds of Prey in the main universe, and Batgirl might enlist her into them again...
Steph is one of my favorite characters, and whether she's Spoiler or Robin would be up to you.
Catgirl is an open option, as well - perhaps more flexibility. Also, the Falcones probably suffered horribly under the Regime - or they became part of it. That did seem to be a running theme with the Regime - it either killed criminals, or welcomed them into the government...
Awaken

kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

So... would playing Superboy be off the table? Because I think it'd be kinda cool having to play someone who was forced to sit out years of plot because he got taken out in the opening acts of Superman's rise to power, and has only recently returned to Earth from the Phantom Zone, now with General Zod's heart beating in his chest.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

I've sent you a PM with some of the details of my plans for Superboy, so we can chat more there. [SPOILERS]
Awaken