Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nunya B
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Clean
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


Hama stretched one hand above her head as she left the temple, a sharp twist ripping the water from the air into a miniature whirlpool gathered around herself. She held it for a long moment as she rejoiced in the water's songs, then let it fly free to leave her cleaned of the soot and ash from the temple.

She then turned to Akihito, answering his speech with a look of feigned disdain. "Akihito-san, I must wonder why you call to me alone so intimately and seek to keep me close. Do you think this battlefield a private tent and me an naive maiden to be awed by", her face broke into a grin as she flicked her hand to point at the arrow in Akihito's mouth, "your slender shaft?"

She raised her voice, "And come now Yahata-san," she rejoined, "our old sage has already run headlong into one fire to save lives today. We needn't give him another to do the same with."

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: Recover action, initiate banter

MacynSnow
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Nunya B wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 pm
She then turned to Akihito, answering his speech with a look of feigned disdain. "Akihito-san, I must wonder why you call to me alone so intimately and seek to keep me close. Do you think this battlefield a private tent and me an naive maiden to be awed by", her face broke into a grin as she flicked her hand to point at the arrow in Akihito's mouth, "your slender shaft?"
Akihito
HP- 0 Condition-On Alert(and Bantering back)

Giving Hama a grin in return,the Yakuza archer bantered back as he placed the Arrow in his teeth beside the other resting on his Bow(keeping his eyes trained upon the direction the Horsemen would have to come)
"But Hama-chan,i need my Beautiful Mizu No Seirei by my side for i would be utterly lost without her..."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Soyokaze

"I do not have enough stomach-calming pastilles for the amount of nausea your words induce." Soyokaze says with a gagging motion.

"Please, do the bare minimum to discourage pursuit while I tend the wounded from the temple so they mat seek safety in the forest."
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The Stand

Post by Camus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 pm

As the proud retainers of the Oda clan prepare to make their stand against the cavalry, they can spot the raiders clearly now. There are four wedges charging in, with samurai banner carriers at the front, and naginata wielding ashigaru on the back. Soyokaze remains in the back, treating one of the monks. as he applies his special balm, the lead of the monks comments. "I´m afraid we are pacifists, Soyokaze sama, we cannot engage in battle." he bows repeatedly in apology. "There is no excuse, we are sorry for being a burden." he says this last part remaining with his head down and his eyes shut, almost as if expecting to be physically punished. The other monks follow suit and also bow and apologize to the old alchemist.
The sound of the hooves of the cavalry pounding the earth starts to fill your ears, making you grip your weapons tighter. Akihito's eye flinches as he sees he is in range.

Hama and Soyokaze are up!

Combat notes
The raiders have entered range for Akihito, unsure about the rest. I have assembled a map in google drive, you can find the raiders down towards the bottom of the spreadsheet. You can change your (and that of the soldiers) position to fit what you had in mind. Each square is 10 ft (I know a character shouldn't occupy so much space but otherwise it would have been impossible to handle given the distances). I made this given you guys seem to be tactical junkies, simpler fights wont have maps, dont get used to it :P

Initiatives:
Hama 21
Soyokaze 19
Inagawa ashigaru (12) 18
Inagawa samurai (3) 18
Oda soldiers 17
Dai Jin 14
Jingu 12
Yahata 12
Akihito 8
Kuro 7

Conditions:
Enemies
Inagawa samurai 1 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa samurai 2 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa samurai 3 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa ashigaru: (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?)
1: Fine
2: Fine
3: Fine
4: Fine
5: Fine
6: Fine
7: Fine
8: Fine
9: Fine
10: Fine
11: Fine
12: Toe nail infection

Allies
Oda soldiers (D: 16 P: 16 W: 14 F: 16 T: +4)
1: Fine
2: Fine
3: Fine
4: Fine
5: Fine
6: Fine
7: Fine
8: Farting

Map
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Nunya B
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Clean
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


Hama narrowed her eyes and opened her mouth to speak, then growled in irritation at being interrupted by the arrival of Imagawa's men. She swiveled her gaze away from Akihito to focus on the horsemen furthest to her left, squinting to focus her gaze where rider met saddle. A moment later her eyes closed completely and her hair flowed to life as she commanded the blood of both horse and rider to jump aside. She paused, basking in the distant chorus of begrudging affirmations her victims blood responded with, then opened her eyes to watch the results.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: Hit R4 and as many of his squad as possible with Brute Hydrokinesis, for Damage 8. Also include the horses in the area, because this is a bad day for Imagawa's cavalry.

MacynSnow
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 pm

AKIHITO
HP- 0 Condition- Normal

Seeing the Raiders come into line for his Volley,Akihito screams "FIRE!" as his hands become a blur of motion,it would take the breath away of his companions had they not seen it beforehand.If one were to listen,they could swear to their ancestors that he was making music for the soft Twang! his string made as he fired....
OOC: Sorry for making you work for this Cadmus....Arrow Volley assault on Raiders,i have to suffer a -12 to my attacks so i'm suffering a negative 1 to my attacks.It is NOT a good day to be an Imagawa Raider.. :lol:
19-1=18 first hit...
19-1=18 second hit...
1-1=0 i dropped that one :oops: ....
4-1=3 wide of target....
13-1=12 don't think i hit that one....
16-1=15 i think that one hit....
2-1=1 Oh,COME ON!....T_T
20-1=19 Improved Crit baby,yeah!....:D
3-1=2 and then we go right back into the gutter....:(
17-1=16 might've picked up the spare on that one...
10-1=9 that dude was lucky....
20-1=19 here,let me fix that foot for ya.... :lol:

Alright,all those hit have to make DC 20 Toughness saves( Using Increased Effect option on all Critical hits) in addition to any Vehicle checks to stay on their horses....Shock&Awe can go a long way. :D
Almost Forgot: Precise Attack(Ranged:Cover) let's me hit them regardless of if their still in the treeline or not...

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Soyokaze
HP:1
Advantage LP:3
CND: fine

Soyokaze raises the monk's head. "Learned souls, there is no cause for reproach, either internally or externally. I as well seek to do as little harm in this world as possible. This does not mean I count myself any less or more than another man or woman. There are many rivers' paths that lead to the same ocean - some give life to the fields of knowledge, some drench a battlefield." He looks to where his companions gather. "Speaking of..."
Soyokaze raises his voice to carry to his companions and allies.

"My friends, the Shichi Fukujin, the Seven Gods of Fortune smile upon us this day. Our foes approach against the wind and on a slight leftward slope, bad feng shui, very bad! They take up arms in sight of the temple they burned and the spirit of that holy place will guide your shots and keep you from harm."
[Inspire 5 (+5 on ALL checks, PL-breaking) on all allies that can hear/interact w/ Soyokaze untl the start of his next turn.]
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The Stand

Post by Camus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Gratitude is written in the monks faces as Soyokaze inspires them to greatness. "Thank you Soyokaze sama! We will rush to Owari to tell the rest of the forces what has happened here, and to prepare for Inagawa's attack." With that the monks depart quickly, Soyokazes words seemingly putting winds on their feet.
Meanwhile, Hama calls forth the crushing power of water over the far right battalion. On soldier is struck down and the captain and another soldier seem to be struggling with their horses! The taichoo (captain) seems to regain control of his mount but the horse seems to be winded by Hama's attack and remains in the back of the main charging force. The other commanders shout orders and the charging cavalry spreads out in preparation for other area attacks.
Everyone is up!

Combat notes
Given the party has the freaking god of war among them, I will list the defenses of the enemies you hit and make them roll a save, as Yahata can pick those details with his expertise. Feel free to roll for enemies for whom you have info (I might intervene to spend HP or LP for bosses and other more important battles.)
Hamas attack:
Inagawa S4 dodge 9 toughness 24
Inagawa ashigaru 10-12 dodge 28,10,24 toughness 21, 6, 22 1 down
Ashigaru horses: 8,11, 9 and 12, 27, 17 1 dazed, 1 unhurt, 1 injured.
Riding check(dc 18): 25, 12. Ashigaru 12 has 1 degree of failure, he looses control of his horse and cant charge.
Samurai horse: 9 and 19, injured and dazed.
Riding check (dc18): 18 no ill effect.

Soyokaze is giving everyone a +5 to all checks, be sure to use it!

The raiders double move forward, and spread. The one with dazed horses stay a little bit back.
Daze save; 21 and 22

Now since you are all in one block, you can all act and then it would be the turn of the enemy again. Go!

Initiatives:
Hama 21
Soyokaze 19
Inagawa ashigaru 18
Inagawa samurai 18
Oda soldiers 17
Dai Jin 14
Jingu 12
Yahata 12
Akihito 8
Kuro 7

Conditions:
Enemies
Inagawa samurai 1 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa samurai 2 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa samurai 3 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa samurai 4 (D: 6 P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: 6): Riding skill +12
Inagawa ashigaru: (D: 8 P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: 4) Riding skill +11
1: Fine
2: Fine
3: Fine
4: Fine
5: Fine
6: Fine
7: Fine
8: Fine
9: Fine
10: Fine
11: Down!
12: Toe nail infection, fighting to control horse.

Allies
Oda soldiers (D: 16 P: 16 W: 14 F: 16 T: +4)
1: Fine
2: Fine
3: Fine
4: Fine
5: Fine
6: Fine
7: Fine
8: Farting

Map
updated
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 am

YAHATA
HP: 0
Condition: Normal (Jingu: Paralyzed)

Yahata certainly was not about to stand behind mortals when there was a battle to be fought. Kicking off the ground, the demigod rushed forward with impressive speed until he was on the front line, Dai Jin a short distance to his left. He got down on one knee, producing Jingu from his person and giving it a wordless command.

Yumi.

The animal was enveloped in a brilliant light, it's white silhouette twisting and turning as it grew in Yahata's hand. Once it had fully taken on the shape of the weapon that the god of war had requested, the light dissipated, leaving an exquisitely designed bow where a bird once was. Yahata drew the string back, a radiant arrow materializing at his fingertips. He held his breath, took aim, and fired.
Jingu will use a Move Action to assume a Weapon Form with the following traits:
Bigger: -4 Ranks of Shrinking; -8 PP
Tougher: Protection 2; 2 PP
Bow: Ranged Damage 5 (Affects Others Only, Improved Critical, Variable Descriptor: Magic/Piercing); 12 PP

Totaling 6 out of 10 available points. Jingu is Paralyzed while in Weapon Form. Free Action with Quick Draw for Yahata to wield Jingu, and a Move Action to advance forward. Speed 1 plus DC 15 Athletics Running (which Yahata automatically succeeds with the +5 from Inspire) let's him move 120 feet. That puts him in range to hit the Raider Captain R1 with no penalty. Power Attack +/-5.

Bow Power Attack +/-5, Inspire 5, Improved Critical vs Captain R1: 1D20+10+5-5 = [1]+10+5-5 = 11
Oof, that's embarrassing. I know it's early in the fight, but I'll spend a HP for a reroll.
Bow Attack Reroll: 1D20+10+5-5 = [3]+10+5-5 = 13
+10 for rolling 10 or under makes that 23. DC 25 Toughness for Captain 1. I don't know if all the Captains share the same Toughness, so I'll avoid rolling it right now.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:24 am

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Readied Action


The woman held back as the rain of arrows and mystical abilities tore away at their opposing foes, instead choosing to keep her sword out in anticipation for the perfect time to strike.
Delaying until after Hama, but before Soyokaze.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

McGuffin
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1 -> 0
Cnd: Roiling Mist of Death


Kuro flew forward towards the approaching enemy cavalry, swooping onto the captain in the middle of the formation. The dark mist condensed into the black-robed yokai who fell on his prey. Nimbly landing on the horse, he lashed out at the Imagawa captain.
Since Kuro can't attack while in Mist-form, I had the idea to land on the horse and engage the rider. Acrobatics: 1D20+10 = [6]+10+5 = 21 seems appropriate to stick the landing. And since I'm committed to make my cool, illadvised plan work, HP to reroll: 1D20+10 = [18]+10+5 = 33. Attack: 1D20+8 = [8]+8+5 = 21
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

Nunya B
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Clean
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


Hama's hair snapped backwards, her gaze centering on a captain and one of his nearby men as she watched Dai Jin fall into a ready stance. If the cavalry were so eager to arrive, then she'd help them along. A whisk of her hand grabbed the two of Imagawa's men she had singled out and brutally yanked them forward.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: Hit raider 3 and captain R1 with Brute Hydrokinesis, throwing them to Dai Jin. If that's not a valid Move Object application, just hit them for Damage 8.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1610
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:08 am

Soyokaze, seeing no one of his group injured will ready his Wind Bottle to blow aside any incoming attacks on his friends.
[Ready action to Deflect for any attacks on his companions, at PR 8
]
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: The Stand

Post by Camus » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:16 pm

A cloud of arrows covers the sky for a moment, and then the whistling of arrows is the last two of the raiders hear, as the arrows stick right in their heads, dropping them dead instantly. Other arrows fly untrue, but a couple more hit the hard plates of the armour of the leading raiders. While one seems to have a sturdy armour, the other one seems to hasn't been paying much attention to the upkeep of his equipment, and the arrow penetrates the shoulder plate, eliciting a pained groan, as the samurai deftly handles the horse with one hand and removes the arrow, tossing it away with the other.
Kuro turns into the dark mist everyone has learnt to become familiar with, and quickly makes his way towards on of the raiders, materializing on the horse, before lashing out at the raider with his claws! As with Akihito's arrow, the armour of this samurai seems to be of master craftsmanship as it holds steadfastly against the razor shark claws.
Before the spirit of darkness has another chance to attack, Hama snatches this and the close by raider from their horses, much to their surprise, as they struggle to hold on to the reins! The samuari scream and struggle, and the bellows of their surprisedcomrades conceal the sound of a powerful flycutting the distance from Yahata to the samurai raider. This time the armour is unableto whistand thepower of the god of war and breaks letting the arrow in. Grabbing his new wound, the samurai flies a short distance and lands before the feet of the Ming woman-of-arms!

Dai Jin is up!

Combat notes
akihito's arrow volley:
Inagawa C1 22 unafected by akihitos arrow
Inagawa C2 15 takes an injury and dazed. Riding check: 30
Ashigaru: 13, 15 both godown
Kuros attack
Inagawa C1 24 unaffected
Hama move
Ashigaru 3: 10
Inagawa C1 13
Both are moved to Dai Jin position and are effectively unhorsed.
Yahata shoots and...
Inagawa C1 22 takes 1 injury.

GoDaiJin!

Initiatives:
Hama 21
Soyokaze 19
Inagawa ashigaru 18
Inagawa samurai 18
Oda soldiers 17
Dai Jin 14
Jingu 12
Yahata 12
Akihito 8
Kuro 7

Conditions:
Enemies
Inagawa samurai 1 (D: 6 P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: 6): -1,Unhorsed
Inagawa samurai 2 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?): -1, Dazed, Riding skill +12
Inagawa samurai 3 (D: ¿? P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: ¿?):
Inagawa samurai 4 (D: 6 P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: 6): Riding skill +12
Inagawa ashigaru: (D: 8 P: ¿? W: ¿? F: ¿? T: 4) Riding skill +11
1: Fine
2: Fine
3: Fine; Unhorsed
4: Down!
5: Fine
6: Fine
7: Fine
8: Down!
9: Fine
10: Fine
11: Down!
12: Toe nail infection, fighting to control horse.

Allies
Oda soldiers (D: 16 P: 16 W: 14 F: 16 T: +4)
1: Fine
2: Fine
3: Fine
4: Fine
5: Fine
6: Fine
7: Fine
8: Farting

Map
updated
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 am

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: HEYAAH!


"On your feet!" She shouts to the samurai before her, for the moment paying the raider not even the time of day. "To serve a man who would call fire down upon a cloister of monks, all to ensure victory? You don't deserve the sword you wield. I'll be sure to take it from you upon defeat, as proof of your own dishonor."

Waiting only just long enough to stand before her with his weapon drawn, Jin then proceeds to lash out at him with the force of a trained warrioir just as strong as any man. "Wèile wǒ de jiàn de róngyào!"
Attack: 23 ! DC 29 on this attack.
Raider's toughness: 24 Figures I'd roll a near twenty on his roll. :P Still a failure of 5, so dazed and bruised.

*"For the glory of my sword!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply