Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Camus
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Inside the temple

Post by Camus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:41 pm

At Soyokazes words a small trap door opens next to Hama, just as the woman was extending her senses underneath herself. She could tell there were at least a dozen men down there, not evidently hurt in any way. There didnt seem to be bodies with them either. A pair of frightful eyes peeked from the narrow opening of the trap door. "Soyokaze sama!" he exclaims, before fully opening the door. "We thought you were the enemy coming to finish the job." The man in monk garb steps out of the trap door and promptly begins to cough. "*Cough* We have soldiers and civilians in here,*Cough* we thought we could seek refuge inside the lower levels but the *Cough* heat is building up." Other faces begin to sprout out of the door opening to look out. They were mostly soldiers with weapons at the ready, were Soyokaze not announce himself they might have attacked you by surprise.
Kuro's gaseous form seeps in through the debris without problems, finding his companions speaking with a group of armed soldiers.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 pm

Soyokaze's eyes light up in relief and joy. "Be at peace my friends. No doubt you recognize my companion's as retainers for our Lord. We will see you safely out of here." Soyokaze looks dubiously at their surroundings, especially as a small section had already collapsed. He produced a jar of salve from his pouches and unsealed it. A minor application of his Wind Fu and the salve within lifted out and spread itself among the rafters. It would do nothing to cease the fires but the salve sought to make whole the wood, regrowing the beams and strengthening them so the immediate area wouldn't come crashing down on them.
AE: Make Whole Salve; Healing 6, Restorative, Affects Objects Also, Persistent, Stabilize, Activation-Move
Feel free to roll it.
"Lady Hama-san, what do you need?" He used her honorific to remind those here and waiting below that the finicky water witch deserved the utmost respect.
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:45 am

AKIHITO
HP-1 Condition-Normal

If it wasn't for the bandana covering his face,one could see the smile of relief that was on the Archer's face at seeing the monk.Akihito had made the aquaintance of this paticular Monk while they had been in the area.Placing his hand on the monk's shoulder,the former Yakuza said
"While it gladen's my heart to see you alive Kamakura-san,we need to get everyone out of here quickly and to Owari safely.Are there any injured among them?..."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:58 am

YAHATA
HP: 1

Great Endurance Fortitude DC 16: 1D20+8+5 = [11]+8+5 = 24
Since this is a suffocation hazard, I believe Great Endurance applies, giving me the +5 bonus. Let me know if it doesn't for future rolls, but for now I pass either way. Jingu has Fortitude Immunity and automatically succeeds.
Yahata waved a hand in front of his face, the smoke stinging at his eyes but otherwise not too bothersome right now. Jingu, being less of a bird that took weapon form and more of a weapon that took bird form, was unaffected. The former god of war shook his head, letdown by the sight of the dead warriors; they deserved to die with their weapons in hand, not like this. Then again, who could truly say what one deserved in an affair as grim as war?

Oh, right. Yahata could.

"Just as a fair warning," the demigod said, reaching down into the door to help up anyone whom might need it, "you all probably owe Hama a favor now."
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:33 am

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Drowning, Fatigued, Amused
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


"Just as a fair warning," "you all probably owe Hama a favor now."
Hama doubled over with a strange gurgling sound, leaning against her floating puddle to keep from collapsing. A moment later she straightened up and quieted down, one hand over her mouth and failing to conceal her smile.

McGuffin
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:21 am

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1
Cnd: Impatient


Kuro reformed his body in the midst of the burning temple. "Soyokaze, hurry up and get out of here before the rest of the temple collapses on your fool head!"

The yokai crossed his arms infront of him, looking impatiently at the others.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:42 am

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Amused, prepared


The corner of her lip upturned as she saw the spirit vanish in a puff of smoke, to race off into the temple. One would think those two would be bitter enemies, their moralities and goals so vastly different. Yet it seemed to Jin at least, that Kiri still cared for the old man even when the old coot was as obsessed as he was with helping all he could, even at the expense of himself.

A deep breath, and she gripped her sword just a little tighter. Somehow she just knew that this was the last moment she'd have before her breathing became frantic and rushed, thrown into direct combat against an insurmountable foe. Leaving this battle alive was low even with that demon by her side, and now that she was alone all she could hope was to last long enough for her companions to get themselves free.

'Hurry.'
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 pm

McGuffin wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:21 am
Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1
Cnd: Impatient


Kuro reformed his body in the midst of the burning temple. "Soyokaze, hurry up and get out of here before the rest of the temple collapses on your fool head!"

The yokai crossed his arms infront of him, looking impatiently at the others.
At Kuro's manifestation Soyokaze gave reassurances to the survivors that the darkness demon meant them no harm.

To Kuro he says "Lady Hama was about to whisk us all to safety, yes?" The old healer looked to the proud woman for confirmation. Meanwhile, he'll move to any who have injuries to try to stabilize them for transport.
"Something pithy this way comes."

McGuffin
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1
Cnd: Impatient


Kuro looked skeptically from Hama to Soyokaze, indifferent to any panic he was causing among the crowd. He tapped a foot impatiently, then shrugged as he was useless in their situation before whisking away again. "Dai Jin is buying you time outside, I suggest you do not waste it." It would take him a moment to get back to the swordswoman, she was on her until then.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

Nunya B
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Nunya B » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Drowning, Fatigued
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~


"Lady Hama was about to whisk us all to safety, yes?" Hama nodded and started gesturing to the survivors, directing them to group together so her powers could more easily lift them. As the groups began to form, Hama's hair began to float and waver as though in an unseen current as the survivors began to lift off the ground.
Then Kuroi spoke. At the yokai's words, Hama's hair snapped into fierce motion and her gestures moved the survivors without waiting for obedience. She roughly bundled the survivors together and raced away for the entry, sweeping her cargo behind her.

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~
OOC: I have no clue how many survivors there are, but carrying them should be no issue unless there's 50+ in heavy armor. Only question is how fast the process will be, since they'll likely have to bundle together to fit in the area. There's no time to Affects Others each one individually.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 864
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The Charge

Post by Camus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 am

Hama's intervention is timely, as the men are brought up and promptly begin to suffocate. By fortune's grace the 8 soldiers and 3 monks are now, but a blink afterwards, safe and sound on the outside of temple, over the smoking courtyard. As you gather your wits, you can see the dust lifted, the banners big and close, and the sound of the hooves of the horses of Imagawa's cavalry as it quickly cut the distance that separated them from Dai Jin. At the sight of the charging cavalry the rescued soldiers and civilians agitate and begin to mumble between themselves, until Kamakura shuts them up with a short scream of "Quiet!". He approaches Akihito "What shall we do? We can fight, but the spirit of the men is broken."

Dai Jin's attention had only flickers for but a moment as she sees several men being almost lifted from within the ruins towards the outside of the temple. In that brief moment, as she turns towards the marching army she can see that several banners are now bigger, and she can see the dust rising in the horizon. The silhouettes of the horses in full charge sends a shiver down her spine. No more than 5 minutes....

OOC: The cavalry attacks! You have a few rounds to decide what to do. Also a perception check from Dai Jin or Akihito with his super eyesight might reveal how many horses are approaching.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3056
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: The Charge

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:18 am

Camus wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 am
Hama's intervention is timely, as the men are brought up and promptly begin to suffocate. By fortune's grace the 8 soldiers and 3 monks are now, but a blink afterwards, safe and sound on the outside of temple, over the smoking courtyard. As you gather your wits, you can see the dust lifted, the banners big and close, and the sound of the hooves of the horses of Imagawa's cavalry as it quickly cut the distance that separated them from Dai Jin. At the sight of the charging cavalry the rescued soldiers and civilians agitate and begin to mumble between themselves, until Kamakura shuts them up with a short scream of "Quiet!". He approaches Akihito "What shall we do? We can fight, but the spirit of the men is broken."

Dai Jin's attention had only flickers for but a moment as she sees several men being almost lifted from within the ruins towards the outside of the temple. In that brief moment, as she turns towards the marching army she can see that several banners are now bigger, and she can see the dust rising in the horizon. The silhouettes of the horses in full charge sends a shiver down her spine. No more than 5 minutes....

OOC: The cavalry attacks! You have a few rounds to decide what to do. Also a perception check from Dai Jin or Akihito with his super eyesight might reveal how many horses are approaching.
(First off,some Musical accompaniment is appropriate.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lazs25CbYjw:Mothra Battle March :D)
Akihito
Hero Points-1/0 Condition-Normal

Ripping off the bandana from his face,the Archer silently curses their luck.If they'd only had another minute more....
Looking at his monk friend,he started barking orders(not really paying attention to any dirty looks Yahata gives him)
"Kamakura,you and the monks get any injured into the treeline,Soyokaze-ojii go with them and see to their injuries.Yahata,your on the far Right of me,Dai Jin the Far Left.Try to keep them from flanking us.Kuro,i want you to make Sashimi out of anyone waving Imagawa's banners.Hama-chan,your in the Middle with me and any uninjured Soldiers.Try to slow them down as much as you can.We SHOULD be able to stop their charge long enough to get to the treeline and Owari..."

Jamming 2 batches of arrows into the ground,Akihito loudly said to the Soldiers(as he quickly retied his bandana and drew his Bow&Arrow out,placing another in his teeth after speaking)
"You know who we are.You know what we can do.Now it's time to show those Imagawa FLEA-BITTEN CURS what YOU can do!..."
OCC:alrighty,let's see how coyotecode likes me tonight....
8+9=17 Perception check with Eagles vision fairly average
9+4=13 Persuasion attempt on available soldiers dang it,i need these Redshirts to fight for at least 1 round.Hero point to re-roll....
7+4+10=21 Persuasion re-roll attempt on available soldiers Ok,much better!
My plan is to basically fight for a round(just to dissuade persuit), then head into the treeline and Owari...
P.S.; i'll prepare to use multiattack as soon as they hit my Bow range.
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

McGuffin
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:49 am

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 1
Cnd: Impatient


Kuro looked with disdain at Akihito. He liked the orders he'd been given far more then he liked being orders. This man was no Oda Nobunaga, he held no power over him.

And yet, the promise of bloodshed remained. Kuro nodded, crouching down, ready to fly into the enemy with the firsr volley of arrows and seek out his prey. "They'll learn to regret which side they chose this day, at the end of their lives."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1570
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:05 am

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Battle ready!

Perception: 10 Let's be honest... that's probably not even enough to hear her teammate giving orders.
The numbers were uncountable, endless as far as her eyes could see. She was just a lone woman with a sword and a desire to hold back the rushing tide of a typhoon. How utterly unfair, she thought, for them.

Hardening her eyes, she stomped her foot forward and thrust her sword in front of her, defensively. When she shouted, filing herself with vigor and adrenaline, it was a war cry filled with all the grace and honor of a battle-hardened soldier of Ming. To let these men know just how seriously she took her role as a warrior, how far she was willing to go in order to protect her companions. "Wèi wǒ ér lái, ràng wǒ yāngē nǐ de mǎ!"*

*"Come for me, let me castrate your horses!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 am

YAHATA
HP: 1

Yahata looked on at the charging cavalry with an indifference "It seems that Imagawa is a fool after all," the demigod commented, not worried in the slightest. "He sent his cavalry to die needlessly."

He politely let Akihito lay out his plan and give his speech, smiling and nodding with each step. It was a tough situation and the archer was doing his best; they lacked both numbers and preparation. But they did have Yahata. When Akihito was done, the young one strolled up and stood beside him. "Hey, that's a good plan," Yahata complimented sincerely. "We could make our position unassailable by having Soyokaze use his alchemy to create oil, Hama spread it across the battlefield, and then you light it up with one of your arrows."

He shrugged. "But I'm sure your plan won't get you all killed." The divine general looked down into his pocket as he walked away. "Come on, Jingu. Let's go defend the right flank."

OOC: Not sure how much oil Soyokaze could produce in the given time to make the plan viable, but either way Yahata will assume he knows better. ;)

Post Reply