Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Normal
o===)---------------

She hears his words, but she struggles to gather the implicit meaning behind them. As such she looks to Yahata for guidance on what they plan to do next.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Bill from Accounting
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Bill from Accounting » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 am

YAHATA
HP: 0

The demigod tapped on his chin as he thought, gently pushing Jingu back down into his pocket whenever the bird rose up so as not to be distracted. Yahata did no doubt that Imagawa's besieging force would be well prepared; if Owari did not have relief from the outside to come to their aid, the city would fall, no matter their preparations.

"Send word to the Viper immediately; I'll gladly accept any force he wishes to offer." He considered the map once more. "Do we know where the Takeda clan is posted? If Imagawa does seek their aid, an ambush against the clan before they manage to reach Imagawa's army would put us at a great advantage."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Stalking

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Kuroi is unable to find a good spot to enter the building. All windows seem to be shut tight, leaving only the back door, as far as he can see.
From outside, he can see the back door opens to the kitchen. There are a couple of men tending to the chores of the tavern, cleaning and cooking. The most delightful smell sips outside from the half opened door, as well as the water vapour, visible when the warm air meets the cold of the night. The chances of being spotted are high, however, the odds don't scare the spirit, and he stealthily makes his way there, slipping into the darkness of the poorly lit kitchen. He barely avoids detection from the cook, who suddenly thinks he has heard a rat behind the cupboards, and steadfastly grabs a big kitchen knife. Close one.
Kuroi continues to explore the building, hearing too many noises to actually make out the voice of his Master's brother. By the time he finally finds the private room of the man, it is clear the heir of the Oda clan has entertained himself with plenty of sake. There are also a pair of courtesans there, their wavy bodies distracting Kuroi slightly. Odd, he has never been one to be distracted by the flash, that is, when not cleaving his claws in it at least.
The sensation that something is off creeps in the back of his mind, as he observes Nobuyuki. He is clearly drunk now, and his guards are nowhere to be seen, possibly in another private room with more prostitutes. Moving to get another angle at the room Kuroi is shocked! He sees now where the guards are, dead on the tatami floor, in a pool of their own blood! As he sees that, his vision turns to the courtesans as one of them draws a wicked looking short knife!

OOC: You can either enjoy the show or intervene.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The Ample Temple

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:04 pm

The chief monk is clearly swayed by your words. He closes his eyes in sudden epiphany, and opens them anew, with a completely changed experssion. "Such beautiful and truthful words I have not heard be spoken since the demise of my old master." he proclaims, bowing deeply to Soyokaze. His disciples, caught off by the sudden change of heart of their master bow as well, disorderly and hastily. "Could it be that you have come to aid us from beyond the mortal realm, Soyokaze-sama? My disciples tell me of your heroic rescue at the lost temple." he inquires, not at all unaware of spirits that walk the earth disguised as mortal man, it seems. He then shakes his head "No need to reply. I will concede you this, the army may use our holy ground for their medical needs indeed. My monks are at your disposal as well. What sort of preparations do you have in mind?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The archer and the water dragon part ways

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:07 pm

Hama laughs and boasts "You can bet your old horse I will. Now go prepare the scouts, I can handle this myself." She walks close to Akihito and sinks her finger on his chest "But now you owe me one." with a sideway smirk, she turns and walks away. Akihito cant help but leave his eyes on her as she walks towards the southern exit. Oh right, the scouts.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Strategic thinking

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm

The Tiger nods. "I'll send one of my best doves to the Viper In Mikawa." he states, and then points to the map. "Takeda currently dominates the Shinano and Hida Provinces to the north east, so my guess is that, if he is on the move, he will take the southwest main road of Shinano into Mino so he can join forces with Imagawa safely. Mino is Imagawa's province to the north. Saito Dosan will likely arrive from the south east. " He muses over your words. "I see merit in what you say, but we are in no position to intercept Takeda... But Dosan is..."

Map
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Ample Temple

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Camus wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:04 pm
The chief monk is clearly swayed by your words. He closes his eyes in sudden epiphany, and opens them anew, with a completely changed experssion. "Such beautiful and truthful words I have not heard be spoken since the demise of my old master." he proclaims, bowing deeply to Soyokaze. His disciples, caught off by the sudden change of heart of their master bow as well, disorderly and hastily. "Could it be that you have come to aid us from beyond the mortal realm, Soyokaze-sama? My disciples tell me of your heroic rescue at the lost temple." he inquires, not at all unaware of spirits that walk the earth disguised as mortal man, it seems. He then shakes his head "No need to reply. I will concede you this, the army may use our holy ground for their medical needs indeed. My monks are at your disposal as well. What sort of preparations do you have in mind?"
Soyokaze gives an enigmatic smile when questions of his origins arise.

"I'll need help clearing space, making bandages, boiling water to drive bad spirits out of it, and I have thoughts for an incense-based application of powerful wound-masking herbs for when the conflict is thickest and getting soldiers out there will save lives that would otherwise be lost. Also spreading word for a voluntary evacuation of anyone not needed in the defense efforts or putting those that stay on creating barricades in case the gate IS breached."
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."

McGuffin
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


Humans and their indulgences were a mystery to Kuro, though he'd seen enough during his years to understand the how, if not the why. Still, these women had an odd, mesmerizing quality to them.

When the blade was, Kuro formed in the way to intercept it with a slash of his talons. "Fool though he may be, this man only dies if he proves treacherous and only then through my hands. You are not the first assassins I've thwarted."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: The archer and the water dragon part ways

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:29 am

Camus wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:07 pm
Hama laughs and boasts "You can bet your old horse I will. Now go prepare the scouts, I can handle this myself." She walks close to Akihito and sinks her finger on his chest "But now you owe me one." with a sideway smirk, she turns and walks away. Akihito cant help but leave his eyes on her as she walks towards the southern exit. Oh right, the scouts.
Akihito
HP-1 Condition-Normal

Watching Hama leave,he can't help but think of a Proverb of Boss Hiruma's: "The most Dangerous creature under the Heavens is oftentimes a Woman with a plan..."
Shaking his head to dispenser such...Intresting thoughts,the Yakuza Archer quickly head's towards the Scouts.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

The Ample Temple

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 pm

The monks hurry to the exits with their orders, and Soyokaze is left with his guards and a few other monks to prepare the temple for the siege.
Bunk beds are set, water is boiled and even an improvised herb crate is stock from the nearby groove. All in all the temple now looks more like a field hospital than a holy place.
The master monk looks pleased, if tired, as the first rays of sunlight began to illuminate the place. "A fine night of work I should say. I will perform my holy duties now, I will seek guidance in the events that will unfold. I leave you with the aid of my diciples if you wish to further prepare for the incoming conflict."
With the available help and infrastructure Soyokaze is confident he could create infusions and artifacts quite fast.

OOC: Soyokaze has succeed in improving the city Resistance by 1 and now has available an artificer laboratory with a supply of herbs and the aid of the monks. This means he can invent (design and craft) as if he had quickness 2.
Last edited by Camus on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Tavern rumble

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm

The sudden intervention of Kuroi startles the women. They smile wickedly, and before your eyes, their fair skin and seductive forms melt, revealing a bird like creature, black like a raven, with talons at their feet, and terrible beaks in their faces. They exchange glances and one of them rushes to the back of the room while the other jumps at you with the knife in its feathery hand!

Initiative:
Tengu 1: 14
Tengu 2: 18

Tengu 1 attacks with a 17, it is a magical weapon attack, if that hits damage DC is 24. Meanwhile tengu 2 flees.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Boy scouts

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Akihito wanders alone now, turning corners and running uphill to the stables. The building is made of wood, simple and efficiently. He knocks the door and a few seconds later the door slides open to reveal a young man in armour. He is somewhat startled, but as the former yakuza explains the details, quickly reacts and leads him to the back of the building. In his way he knocks several doors, which minutes later slide open as other warriors join them. He grabs a bow and a spyglass and enlists his horse. While the other scouts prepare, with the directions already given, the pair set out to the plains and quickly make their way towards the advancing Imagawa forces. Apparently the army has stopped for the night, and the distant glow of torches and lamps marks their location.
Thanks to the speed of their horses they reach behind a small hill from where to spy upon the encampment unseen.
The scout lays on his belly and crawls to the front of the hill, concealing with some bushes. He draws his spyglass and looks towards the camp.
Akihito's sharp eyes need no spyglass.

OOC: But they need to roll a perception check non the less. :)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

McGuffin
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by McGuffin » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


Kuro spun away from the attack, the knife only catching his billowing robes instead of his flesh. "Tengu. This establishment hires better courtesans than I gave it credit for. Or do you waste your lives serving mere humans such as Imagawa?"

Despite his words, Kuro's counter-attack was too slow and easily predictable. He'd have to deal with this one, even if it meant the other tengu fleeing to report of it's failure. The fool was his master's kin and he couldn't allow him to die here.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kuroi Kiri, bloodthirsty yokai in the Tale of the Six Warriors.
Tobey Hollis/Prestige , apprentice magician in Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:27 am

AKIHITO
HP-1 ? Condition-On Alert

Easily following the rest of the Scout,the Yakuza(he still considered himself one,even if he was aiding the Missing Nobunaga..) thought briefly about the coming battle and what it could mean for the area.If it came down to it,he MIGHT be able to "Enlist" the other Yakuza gangs to bolster their forces.But that could backfire really bad,as it might be taken as a sign of weakness on their part,and the LAST thing they needed right now was an insurgency within Owari's walls....

Focusing back to the present,Akihito looked out towards the Imagawa camp,hoping to Spot something, anything really that would give them an Edge here....
Perception check Results: 13+5=18
I'm using both Eagle's Vision(Extended) to add 4 to my Perception(I think that's how it works?) to make that a 22
As well as Wolf's Ears(Danger Sense) to make sure we're not snuck-up on(i mean,common logic dictates they'd have Scouts of their own foraging ahead as well as Sentries....and i just probably made it a 100% worse for me by saying that.)

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:38 am

Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Normal
o===)---------------

Standing around in this room for so long was startling to chafe, she wanted to get out of here and do something not discuss it on end for a lifetime. Wishing to move things along, she decided it was best to be direct, looking between both the men as she spoke. "What would you propose we do?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply