Page 12 of 18

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm
by Doctor Malsyn
Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Resolute

Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 pm
"It was only a waste of time if lessons were not learned."
"There was no lesson to be had." Jin spoke, not turning away from the road.

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:15 pm
by MacynSnow
Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm
Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Resolute

Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 pm
"It was only a waste of time if lessons were not learned."
"There was no lesson to be had." Jin spoke, not turning away from the road.
Akihito
Slowing Bofu down a bit,he said to sofu and Dai Jin
"That really depend's on what you took away from it all.For instance,we now know that SOMETHING has stirred up the forest spirit's badly.We also know that Lord Nobunaga passed by here within the last hour,due to the fact the Spirits took his Form just long enough to pull Kuroi and Dai Jin further in...weither or not he was ALIVE when the spirits saw him,that's the question we need awnsered.."
OCC:Let's just double check my big mouth....
9+5=14 fairly average roll there...

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:20 pm
by McGuffin
Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


Kuro muttered something about "Pesky bite-sized pranksters" but didn't otherwise comment as he flew to the front to scout ahead their way on the road. The darkness hid no secrets from his eyes.

The road banter

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:34 pm
by Camus
Anyone can roll an expertise history or magic or spirits or similar to get some info on the forest spirits, if they wish to. Even folktales (streetwise or raw intelligence) could give some info.

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:17 pm
by McGuffin
Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


Memories

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:31 pm
by Camus
McGuffin wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:17 pm
Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

Akihito's conclusion that Oda Nubunaga was alive certainly triggered something in Kuroi, perhaps not hope and happiness as he intended. Kuroi recalls the knowledge he has on these other spirits. Much like himself, each Yokai has several particular abilities. In the case of the forest spirits, Kuroi remembers they can draw images and memories from those that enter the forest. They can see what their desires are and what they want, and it is with that that they lure the unaware into the depths of the forest.

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:17 pm
by McGuffin
Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine


Kuro doubled back from his leading position to call back to the others.

"The forest spirits were just drawing on our collective wishes and memories to show us what we hoped to see in order to draw us further into the forest. We are unfortunately no closer or further to knowing when Nobunaga-sama passed through here last, or whether he yet lives at all."

"All we can do is push forward in hopes of finding him."
Or his earthly remains, if he has passed from this world.

Having delivered his gloomy opinion, the inky fogbank roiled back to the fore of the group to find them safe passage towards Owari.

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:49 am
by Bill from Accounting
YAHATA
HP: 0
"In a fair and honorable fight, where both warriors tie their brains behind their back and fight with only their brawn, perhaps. But I doubt that even her strange blade can harm mist. And on an open road she might fare well, but in a forest I imagine Akihito would lie in ambush to strike and retreat time and again. And he in turn seems likewise powerless against mist. Only the old man and myself could fight that youkai."
"Fair points, but," Yahata countered, imagining the fight in his head. "I think Dai Jin wins the battle of attrition. Her stamina seems boundless, and she always comes out of fights looking none the worse for wear. Akihito only carries so many arrows, and Kuroi has to go on the offense eventually. Once they have exhausted their resources," the formed god gave a thrusting motion, as if piercing the heart of a phatnom foe, "Dai Jin claims her victory."

Shortly afterwards, the Everlasting Warrior made her way out of the forest. Yahata saw her first, and his face lit up. "See! Just like I-" Then the archer and the demon came into view. "Oh," he finished, sounding almost disappointed that he wasn't proven right.

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:31 am
by Flynnarrel
"Well, even if our Eternal Warrior had missed a lesson in the arboreal adventure I hope others were not so... Bofu-esque." Soyokaze says.

He continues walking.

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:24 pm
by MacynSnow
Flynnarrel wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:31 am
"Well, even if our Eternal Warrior had missed a lesson in the arboreal adventure I hope others were not so... Bofu-esque." Soyokaze says.

He continues walking.
Akihito
"I did,indeed,'learn the lesson' sofu:Never ignore Sensible advise(gives wink to Dai Jin)....But must you tease poor,noble Bofu so?" the archer asked good naturedly as he gave his ugly,cranky horse an affectionet pat on the side as they continued along the road.

Road to Owari

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 pm
by Camus
The warriors and the retinue of soldiers and monks continue their march to Owari. The night had finally settled in completely, so torches were used to provide a flickering yellow light to the road. Perhaps the sheer size of the group or their official appearance was what kept the bandits at bay, but be what it may, the walk was uneventful. Only the moon played between the clouds as the band made their way to the main gate of Owari.
The wall was tall, and had laminated wood screens, where the archers are posted during a siege. The roof was of exquisite dark green kawara (tiles), with two carps marking the top of the roofs. Raising over these roofs was the impressive Kiyosu-jō, the castle of the Oda clan.

Image
kyoshu2.jpg
kyoshu2.jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 390 times
After a hasty explanation of what had transpired, the now pale guardsmen let the group into the fortified city. The monks and the soldiers part ways with the group at this point, bowing profusely, and thanking you many times for your help and putting themselves at your service.
The first round of houses and buildings was the more humble looking, with many signs of eateries and craft shops. As the group advanced towards the castle the buildings become more expensive looking, with more stories and fancy tiles and decorations.
A second gate halts the virtues, and a higher ranking samurai hails them from atop the parapet. "Who you may be, your faces are concealed in the darkness of the night. This gate is not for commoners and peasants, be on your way!"

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:31 pm
by Flynnarrel
The old man will toddle into the light, arms raised showing no weapons, his creaky gait showing the wear of a long walk.

"I am Soyokaze, high healer, alchemist, and oracle of the court of Oda Nobunada. We come escorting the survivors from Zenshō-ji, destroyed by means yet to be determined. We seek audience with the Lord of this castle."


Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm
by MacynSnow
AKIHITO
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Thinking he may recognize the voice of the guard,The archer rides Bofu up to where the Guards can see him beside Soyokaze.
"Nakuru," the former Yakuza yelled up to said guard, "if that's you up,it's no time for your stupid attitude right now.We need to speak to whomever Lord Nobunaga left in charge...."
OOC:Okay,instead of rolling Persuasion for this,i'm wanting o use my Advantage Connected to get us in,but i need Camus to tell me the DC number first before i can roll...Edit:Never mind,i'll just use the Aid another action to give Soyokaze a +2 .My bad! :oops:
8 +4=12(Persuasion attempt on Guard:Aid another action)

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:13 pm
by Doctor Malsyn
Dai Jin
HP: 1
Status: Impatient


"We're wasting time, there's an entire army on it's way. We need inside now." The woman finally deigned to comment, more then a little frustrated.
Ppersuasion aid: 18

At the gate

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:31 am
by Camus
It takes the man a moment, as he blinks in the darkness trying to make out your faces, to finally recognize you for who you are. "The virtues! The virtues are her!" he screams to someone there with him whom you cannot see. Mere seconds later the gates creak open, and the samurai was there waiting for you. "Come! We must make haste, the strategist have gathered, and they will gladly receive any news from the front." he says and he turns and starts jogging to an impressive looking stairway, up towards the castle proper. As he began climbing up, you gulp as to gather courage to follow him, so tall and long the stairs seemed. As you began climbing, however, the samurai turns. "Tell me please, is lord Oda alright?"