Tale of the Six Warriors

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Forest

Post by Camus »

The three companions reunite, thanks to Dai Jin focused mind and Akihito's sharp hearing. Now, the task at hand would be to leave the forest, but the night has began to fall in the land, and shadows have created complicated patters in the underbush, making navigation back to the road quite tricky.

OOC: You can roll survival to get your way out, and the team outside could help you, like what Soyokaze mentioned (i.e. granting bonuses with clever use of powers/skills).
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Re: Tale of the Six Warriors

Post by MacynSnow »

AKIHITO
HP-1/0 Condition-Normal

Having met back up with Dai Jin,the Archer,knowing he couldn't backtrack by sight(as it had gotten to dark),decided to use his hearing.A large group like they were with would NOT be quiet...
OOC:OK,here we go....
Backtracking check....3+2+3=8 NOPE! Burn an HP to re-roll...
16+2+3=21 alright,much better! :D
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kuroi Kiri
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fine

Kuro offered Dai Jin a curt nod in greeting, choosing to mask his embarrasment by focusing on finding them a way back to the road.
3e doesn't have Survival skill anymore so I assume Perception is suitable? Kuro also has Darkvision, if that conveys some bonus to the roll. Perception: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze happily ignites a mixture of slow-burning oil and magnesium paste and let's the heat from it lift a paper kite up into the air to take the whole contraption into the air. Shielding his eyes so as not to be blinded by his creation he watches to make sure no spare sparks will endanger the trees; otherwise he let's the light from his make-shift white sun guide his friends back to the road.

If it works at all it would burn itself out in less than a minute.
Alchemy : 1D20+11 = [16]+11 = 27

If that's an Aid Other I think that gives them +5 to their checks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

YAHATA
HP: 0

"That is a fairly impressive lack of confidence in our companions, old man.

Hama was right; lack of confidence in the mortals was supposed to be Yahata's job anyway. As Soyokaze worked, the demigod was silent, pondering a very important matter that the old man had brought up. It was actually a topic that Yahata had thought about at length before, but now seemed like a good time to get some other opinions on it.

"...So if the three of them were fighting one another, who do you think would win?" he asked. "I would give the victory to Dai Jin myself."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin
HP: 1

Jon, for her part, refuses to even let the sheer indignation she felt about the fact that both her preductions came true regarding the forest and trusting Kuro to not go off on his own. Such a thibg would be improper and eithout honour or dignity, and as such was kept to herself. Though she very much felt like informing the two, that she did in fact tell them so.

"I'm not used to navigating through forests, Akihito. It was lucky that you weren't too far away for us to not hear one another."
not even going to attempt a survival roll. :P
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:54 am Dai Jin

Jon, for her part, refuses to even let the sheer indignation she felt about the fact that both her preductions came true regarding the forest and trusting Kuro to not go off on his own. Such a thibg would be improper and eithout honour or dignity, and as such was kept to herself. Though she very much felt like informing the two, that she did in fact tell them so.

"I'm not used to navigating through forests, Akihito. It was lucky that you weren't too far away for us to not hear one another."
not even going to attempt a survival roll. :P
Akihito
HP- 0 Condition-Normal

Never taking his eyes off the direction of the light,the Archer replies
"I can always teach you,if your intrested.It's not really that hard to learn,but it can take a lifetime to truly master..."

When they get to the edge of the forest(within easy sight of the others),Akihito will let the others go ahead as he turns back toward where he 'saw' the Spirits.Taking out a small trinket out of his pouch,the Hunter place's it on top of a Rock as he whispers
"Sorry to ruin your fun guy's,but we need to help these people first.Here's something for your troubles..."
He'll then quickly jog back to catch up with the others....
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

Hama
HP 1, LP 4 : Amused
~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

"...So if the three of them were fighting one another, who do you think would win?" he asked. "I would give the victory to Dai Jin myself." "In a fair and honorable fight, where both warriors tie their brains behind their back and fight with only their brawn, perhaps. But I doubt that even her strange blade can harm mist. And on an open road she might fare well, but in a forest I imagine Akihito would lie in ambush to strike and retreat time and again. And he in turn seems likewise powerless against mist. Only the old man and myself could fight that youkai." Hama shrugged before continuing. "It is a silly question anyways, though. Even if Kuroi were vulnerable to their weapons, there are three of them. If two ally against the third, they will win. If two battle each other while the third waits, the third will win."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Soyokaze frowned at the turn of conversation about their companions killing each other. He gave a a silent petition to the Celestial Hierarchy that the topic wasn't prophetic.
Camus

Out of the forest and onto the road

Post by Camus »

The trio navigates the forest but it is very hard to find the way out, even with Akihito's sharp eyes being their guide. Suddenly, the forest floor is illuminated by a craft contraption that glides above the forest canopy, no doubt a device created by Soyokaze.
Guided by the ethereal light provided by the alchemist, the group finds the clearing and the road. They had, unexpectedly, drifted towards the temple again, and had to walk for some good 20 minutes before reaching Hama and the others. Thankfully, Soyokaze's aid came in the precise time.
The reunited group now can march on to Owari.

(I'll wait for any interactions, "I told you so!"s and what not before moving forward.)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Re: Out of the forest and onto the road

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm The trio navigates the forest but it is very hard to find the way out, even with Akihito's sharp eyes being their guide. Suddenly, the forest floor is illuminated by a craft contraption that glides above the forest canopy, no doubt a device created by Soyokaze.
Guided by the ethereal light provided by the alchemist, the group finds the clearing and the road. They had, unexpectedly, drifted towards the temple again, and had to walk for some good 20 minutes before reaching Hama and the others. Thankfully, Soyokaze's aid came in the precise time.
The reunited group now can march on to Owari.

(I'll wait for any interactions, "I told you so!"s and what not before moving forward.)
Akihito
Whistling at the depth of the forest they'd gotten into,the Archer was glad for sofu's light.Getting within sight of Hama,the former Yakuza decided to tease&flirt a little.As he slides back onto Bofu,he say's
"You know,i sneezed back in there(thumbs towards Forest),so that mean's someone here was talking about me...Was it you Hams-chan? Did you miss my presence so much that your beautiful face grew red?....."
Flynnarrel

Re: Out of the forest and onto the road

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:25 pm Akihito
Whistling at the depth of the forest they'd gotten into,the Archer was glad for sofu's light.Getting within sight of Hama,the former Yakuza decided to tease&flirt a little.As he slides back onto Bofu,he say's
"You know,i sneezed back in there(thumbs towards Forest),so that mean's someone here was talking about me...Was it you Hams-chan? Did you miss my presence so much that your beautiful face grew red?....."
"Actually sneezing has to do with tiny spirits in the nostrils your body seeks to expel. Nothing to do with your delusions that people are discussing you behind your back. That is called either 'paranoia' or 'delusions of grandeur'." Soyokaze says sagely and nods as if that settled the matter.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dai Jin

"We've already wasted enough time chasing forest spirits, it's time we get back on task. There's a lot of ground to cover." She states, moving back into position near the front.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:55 pm Dai Jin

"We've already wasted enough time chasing forest spirits, it's time we get back on task. There's a lot of ground to cover." She states, moving back into position near the front.
AKIHITO
Nodding his head in agreement,Akihito replied(while giving Sofu a slightly dirty look for "Blocking him")
"your more than correct,Dai.Let's get going,we can talk as we head towards Owari.Kuroi,this time go on ahead of us in your mist form along the road,the Forest spirt's are riled-up tonight.That goes for everyone else as well;try to stay out of the forest as much as possible right now..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:55 pm Dai Jin

"It was only a waste of time if lessons were not learned." The old healer says as he starts tottling down the road.